Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

While we're talking about it, this show was super uneven. Especially if these are everyone's best bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

They have a good point. Those lazy NBA players hate playing defense! And it has nothing to due with college offense being terrible because NCAA D1 basketball has 6,000 players, of which about 60 get annually drafted into the NBA and of which maybe 7 have good professional careers. It's because they're lazy and just want the money!
it favors these crazy freak athletes that can just jump and run vs somebody like Jimmer who is a pretty good shooter if you can get him some space and time and let him do it from a little closer because that 3pt line is crazy

also he's too vivacious and was benched because he made everyone else look asleep

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tacier posted:

The first episode was literally "Why do people settle for a 9 to 5 job?" and was so elitist and tone deaf that I never listened again.

oh my stars this is bad

it's like these assholes stumbled on an episode of HH, thought it was sincere, and were like "we should do that, but for finance!"

I tried another episode just because maybe I wasn't giving it a fair shake

"how to start engaging conversations with strangers" and it just immediately derails into them talking about backgammon and new york

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

piratepilates posted:

I'm just now listening to the last New York HH and holy crap this episode is amazing.

Top five all time show (ANY SHOW) for me

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

piratepilates posted:

I'm just now listening to the last New York HH and holy crap this episode is amazing.

i listened to this on a long drive home while extremely high and cry-laughed nonstop. kind of want to revisit it sober but the magic might get ruined

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Homework Explainer posted:

i listened to this on a long drive home while extremely high and cry-laughed nonstop. kind of want to revisit it sober but the magic might get ruined
this is very similar to my experience, except i have listened to it like 4 times since

it's real good

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The moment where Sean (the lil adventurer) busts in to a church and starts getting converted is a high point of the show for me.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
the greasenose and eggs episode is a close second, because tom scharpling is the one person worse than engineer cody

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

piratepilates posted:

The moment where Sean (the lil adventurer) busts in to a church and starts getting converted is a high point of the show for me.

S: If I stay inside here they probably can't find me..
H: I think he's probably in a bear cave.
S: Who is it??? Someone's knocking on the door....OK, it's not Bees, right??
T: One element -
S: Alright, come on in. WAAAHHGH!
H: ....it was a bear.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Not a huge surprise but the new Chris Gethard Earwolf show is really really good. The first episode is one of the best podcasts I've ever listened to.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
That's great to hear. I like Chris Gethard a lot but I was lukewarm on the concept from what I'd heard in the ads. Will definitely check it out now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

piratepilates posted:

"He did that for ME?"

From "These eggs taste hosed UP" to the end, that was nonstop gold. Tom's impression of Hayes ("Sounds like one of Cleveland's kids") never lost its charm.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

padijun posted:

oh my stars this is bad

it's like these assholes stumbled on an episode of HH, thought it was sincere, and were like "we should do that, but for finance!"

I tried another episode just because maybe I wasn't giving it a fair shake

"how to start engaging conversations with strangers" and it just immediately derails into them talking about backgammon and new york

Yeah those guys are pretty insufferable.

I gave an episode a shot and one of the hosts was going on about how people shouldn't go to college. While there are people wasting their time going to college, the host was saying that across the board college is a waste of time even if you want to be a doctor because "who says medical school is the only way to learn how to be a doctor?" Not everything is a tech startup where the rules and regulations haven't been established.

They also have their quirks that seem to bring up constantly like their ongoing backgammon game or that one used to be in a band. Amazing!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I looked at the comments section on one episode and it was apparently about how voting is a waste of time + the one guy hasn't voted in like 30 years

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Help Im Alive posted:

I looked at the comments section on one episode and it was apparently about how voting is a waste of time + the one guy hasn't voted in like 30 years

Probably saved him some time by now!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

beepo posted:

Yeah those guys are pretty insufferable.

"who says medical school is the only way to learn how to be a doctor?" Not everything is a tech startup where the rules and regulations haven't been established.

This is so stupid I want to beat them up.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Illinois Smith posted:

HH talkin' hoops is like the very definition of my jam

tell me about it!

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Not a huge surprise but the new Chris Gethard Earwolf show is really really good. The first episode is one of the best podcasts I've ever listened to.

You're not kidding, that first episode was a ride and a half. Gethard is like a magician.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They've rejigged the HDTGM extra-eps to reveal next weeks film after a call in, because they correctly guessed that a lot of people download em just for that and wanted to, uh, irritate them I guess.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mr. Squishy posted:

They've rejigged the HDTGM extra-eps to reveal next weeks film after a call in, because they correctly guessed that a lot of people download em just for that and wanted to, uh, irritate them I guess.
wasn't that the whole point of the mini eps? I stopped listening years ago when it just became 30 minutes of plugs but I remember him saying then that Sleepaway Camp was the next upcoming ep.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Not a big deal, but on the latest Who Charted PFT briefly addresses the Let Hayes Be Janet Varney "scandal." It's only a few seconds but it's PFT so you should listen anyway.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Can you just tell us what is said?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Go to like 48:10 where they're talking about Deadpool

https://soundcloud.com/who-charted/276-live-at-sxsw-w-scott-aukerman-paul-f-tompkins

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

Basically "I've heard"

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It was 10 seconds of Paul F and Kulap saying that they like Hollywood Handbook.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Those picks for the best of Improv 4 Humans were rather bizarre. Almost none of them deserved to be there. Hell, the chemical brothers scene in the Andy Daly ep wasn't near the best of the episode, that would go to everybody answering a question with STAR WARS.

Also the live ep with Brett Gelman where a man teaches a class full of dead people and has sex with his dead wife and has a mental breakdown should definitely have been on there.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is there ever a point in Workaholics where you can really notice Sean Clements' . . . style? I keep watching it, and its OK, but it doesn't really buss my whole poo poo up. I know Sean is only one of many writers but I was wondering if there was ever like a Sean centric episode or something.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

It was 10 seconds of Paul F and Kulap saying that they like Hollywood Handbook.

That's some real hot gos

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

ArtVandelay posted:

Also the live ep with Brett Gelman where a man teaches a class full of dead people and has sex with his dead wife and has a mental breakdown should definitely have been on there.

A friend of mine pointed out that the i4h Best Ofs are worth listening to just to feel superior to the fuckers who post to the Ear Wolf forums.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

soggybagel posted:

Was it the n-word?

*PFT guffaws in the background*

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He promised to run it by Scrips casting people, which echoed Howard's wish that "a suit" would decide he should be on HH.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
When is PFT's "Crying and Driving" going to be released as an uncut iTunes/DVD release? It's been 6 months already.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Was it this thread where people were complaining about the last I Was There Too being a little slow and boring? Because the newest one has Gilbert Gotfried and starts with him pretending to have a stroke for 5 minutes.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Was it this thread where people were complaining about the last I Was There Too being a little slow and boring? Because the newest one has Gilbert Gotfried and starts with him pretending to have a stroke for 5 minutes.

It was also disappointing that Gilbert did not go to any real substantial detail about his role in the movie either. I guess stroke sounds are much more important. At Least the conversation about SNL was neat.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
There probably wasn't much he could say. It was just a voice acting role after all.

I'm kinda fascinated by the fact that he almost never breaks character in interviews, even when he's discussing personal stuff.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The second half of the show has some great PFT sat in the corner of a room laughing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if any other human being has ever received as much praise as PFT for laughing in the general vicinity of a microphone

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Man, PFT's laugh is lower tier mic noise at best, its just that he is on every podcast that people hear it so often. The Hayes chuckle/snort is far superior

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Hayes is a great second fiddle and sounding board for someone like Sean or whoever. Like how he facilitated everything between Tom and Sean on the last NY episode. This is not a backhanded compliment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

PBS Newshour posted:

Man, PFT's laugh is lower tier mic noise at best, its just that he is on every podcast that people hear it so often. The Hayes chuckle/snort is far superior

Top Hayes laugh, the time there was a pretty obvious edit point because he exploded laughing at Sean saying "Cars belong to the EARTH, man!" (Episode 22 about 19:30 in)

Runner up, the time Sean said that the last major trend he could think of for pilot season was World Music.