Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Limopalise
May 4, 2015

A boring man. It's hard to tell what he's capable of.
Gotta go with our good friend L.B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Krysmphoenix posted:

Gortys is just completely unlike anything in this game. Earnestly adorable and not hiding a secret psychopathic side. Mainly the second part.

That you know of...

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
It is an impossible choice. You are tearing us apart!

PS. Loader Bot.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Loader Bot is clearly superior. Life-saving bro over cute-bot all day.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

But seriously, Loader Bot

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Neither.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Dumpy

Poor Dumpy... You were too good for this world.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

How loving dare you make me decide between my children, HOW DARE YOu :mad:

But it's Gortys :3:

Warren Waters
Feb 27, 2011
Gortys is the purest most wonderful creature on or off Pandora and I really hope it gets to be a Voltron someday.

EDIT: Probably shouldn't assume robots' gender

Warren Waters fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 16, 2016

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Warren Waters posted:

Gortys is the purest most wonderful creature on or off Pandora and I really hope he gets to be a Voltron someday.

I thought it is a she...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gortys is a robot.

Warren Waters
Feb 27, 2011
EDIT: Quote is not edit

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Diamond is not Crash

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
Rectangles are not squares.

Also you're a monster, but I choose Broder Bot

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I mean sure robots don't technically have genders but I don't think anyone in the thread is going to lambast you for referring to Gortys as "she"

multiple characters including Loader Bot refer to her as a she and it even says she in her title card :shobon:

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Yeah, it's pretty clear Loaderbot identifies as male, and Gortys as female.

That is a terrible choice. With great reluctance, Loaderbot.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Doesn't Gortys' title screen say that "she's older then she looks."?

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Loader Bot is best bot

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Loader Bot and Gordys together. :colbert:

DeafAssassin
Feb 25, 2014
Loader Bot, because he seems much more of a robot able to follow commands and perform them. Where as Gortys is too much of a free spirit and if you asked her to do something she would be like a toddler and just ask why?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

So originally I was thinking of using the second post of the thread for write-ups on big important things concerning the Borderlands universe, but so far I feel I've gotten along well enough explaining what I can when I can. Haven't really had a moment yet where I felt like I haven't had enough time to explain something, and generally if something is important enough it'll come up enough times in the game that I can gradually explain more and more of it. There's a few smaller references that I've just kinda tossed into the thread as regular rear end posts but none of them are big enough they need much extrapolating on.

Instead I spent part of today just adding some interesting things to the second post. Currently I've got the title card songs (because they rule), the Jackapedia entries that have been shown so far, the few pieces of fan art I saw, and a collection of all the choices we've made to this point in case you ever want to relive some memories and see how close each poll was.

Check it out, let me know what you think, let me know if I've missed anything. I probably have, 40 pages is a lot of thread to go through. If there's anything else you feel I should chuck in there, give me a holler. Thought about putting in a section for "people who bought the game due to the LP" because I know I've seen that at least like three times by now if not more but I'm too lazy at the moment to go searching for them in this big thread (Thanks for posting so much! Seriously!!).

We'll return to our regularly scheduled videos on Tuesday. :toot:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

In Telltale news, apparently they're going to be using a "very much upgraded" version of their engine for Batman, which is cool because their aged engine has been a common complaint.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/PorygonNews/status/712099090738356224

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kaubocks posted:

the few pieces of fan art I saw

Something I made is featured on the fanart section of an LP thread on an internet forum.

Not sure how to feel about that. :v:

Waffleman_ posted:

In Telltale news, apparently they're going to be using a "very much upgraded" version of their engine for Batman, which is cool because their aged engine has been a common complaint.

Whoa, wait. Telltale Batman game? Hadn't heard about it.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Realtalk the only way that I'll get back into Telltale episodic games is if they somehow got to do Star Trek, one of the few properties that will benefit completely from an episodic format; every episode is its own A-plot with a B-plot that ties the season together. Bonus points if it's Next Generation.

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

WE SHALL ALL DIE AND BECOME AS GODS

tlarn posted:

Bonus points if it's Next Generation.

Only if they got Patrick Stewart to be Jean Luc Picard again.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
A Star Trek game by Telltale would likely not happen, using any of the original cast members. Patrick Stewart in particular is probably quite expensive to hire to voice lines. I forgot how much he got to voice his few lines in Oblivion. Also, CBS Paramount is VERY specific about how you can use Star Trek for video games. You wouldn't believe the amount of control they have over the content that is released for Star Trek Online.

Or they'll just use the Abramsverse and they can't ruin that any more than it already is.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Whoa, wait. Telltale Batman game? Hadn't heard about it.

I'm looking forward to it. It still has two playable characters, but the characters are Batman and Bruce Wayne and the game is supposed to be about the divide between the two and how he copes with trying to be both of them.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

CuwiKhons posted:

I'm looking forward to it. It still has two playable characters, but the characters are Batman and Bruce Wayne and the game is supposed to be about the divide between the two and how he copes with trying to be both of them.

So the prompts are going to change from "Press X to Punch" to "Press X to Womanize"?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Phone posting so I don't have the dope banner images to go along with it, but I've finally returned from my slumber with a new video!

New video, :siren:NEW VOTES:siren:!!

Yvette is kind of putting us in a bind at the moment. Should we talk it out-- use our words to try and intimidate or convince her that everything is fine? That should buy us some time but could bite us in the rear end down the road. Maybe we should just stun her instead? It's a bit spiteful but you may feel she deserves it. Plus she'll be out cold for quite a while, keeping her out of our hair.

What about revealing our identity? Should we keep quiet due to the risks involved? Maybe you think that if we tell her she'll be more likely to work with us... or maybe you just want the satisfaction of seeing the look on her face when we dunk her into the ground. :getin:

Voting ends Saturday evening. I'll count up the Gortys/Loader Bot stuff when I get home from work~

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 23, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Stun the crap out of her, because she deserves it. Oh, and tell her who we are, because you're right. The look on her face will be priceless. Well, the look right before she goes all taser-y.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Give her the fuckin stunner bc I can't even believe this bitch is she fuckin kidding

Also don't tell her I am more than fine leaving her in utter confusion

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Trust her with everything. I can't think of a good reason not to.

That means talking, if it wasn't clear.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Stun her and tell her, pull the knife out of your back and return it to the sender, consequences be damned.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Panzer Skank posted:

Give her the fuckin stunner bc I can't even believe this bitch is she fuckin kidding

Also don't tell her I am more than fine leaving her in utter confusion

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
I definitely say Stun her and don't tell her. She's demonstrated her loyalty already, and seeing as I assume the Handsome Jack AI is a pretty valueable thing for Hyperion we don't want to give her any temptation/opportunity to out us to others.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Talk and tell because if she can tell the corpse isn't Rhys' then there's not much keeping her from finding out who it really belongs to.

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 22, 2016

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

tlarn posted:

Stun her and tell her, pull the knife out of your back and return it to the sender, consequences be damned.

Pretty much this.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Stun and boast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
STONE COLD STUN HER.