Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I am going to reread Rave Master because it is cool and good.

Also Third Origin is just going to be Last Moment from Rave Master. That's gonna be hilarious and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I hope Charle dies :colbert:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

QuasiQuack posted:

I hope Charle dies :colbert:

Nothing would be lost if she did. But it's Fairy Tail so of course it won't happen and of course they won't actually lose their magic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Have they ever explained why the Dragonslayers all get catpeople sidekicks

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Something to do with that parallel universe arc, I think.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

Natsu just happened to find Happy and Wendy happened to find Charlotte. Gajeel decided he was owed a cat and got Pantherlilly, the best cat. Then after all the cats got kicked out of the alternate universe for being magic Rogue and Sting got cats.

Essentially it's a cosmic accident that was reinforced by the other dragon slayers and cats.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sting and Rogue also did once look up to Natsu and Gajeel, so, they probably felt like it was something they should do.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/476/3281/1

My face when my best friend turns into a poverty Super Saiyan God.

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 7, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:lol: at Wendy being the placebo third origin.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They'll reverse this by some magical maguffin in the next chapter.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Say Nothing posted:

They'll reverse this by some magical maguffin in the next chapter.

We'll call it 4th origin!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
4th Origin is powered by friendship so the only thing you need is to have trust in your teammates.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
4th Origin is achieved by consuming Jellal's blood.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

4th Origin is achieved by consuming Jellal's blood.

But which Jellal?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

But which Jellal?

Yes.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Sherry is a throw away. No reason to fix her really.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The one thing that always stands out to me, and keeps me from being mad at Fairy Tail, is in like every other shonen I read for some possibly related to brain damage reason and probably a bunch I don't read, this would have been spread over chapter after chapter of just hammering home oh no, how will shonen hero defeat bad person? Will they power up?.

Fairy Tail is crap, but at least it doesn't keep making GBS threads on my face like I'm supposed to be surprised. I'm not the target audience in any case, but Mashie's ADHD keeps me from rolling my eyes at that too much. And yeah I feel like they're not going to bother fixing some side-character in the middle of the main plot, but maybe he'll forget and we'll go on a side quest.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Someone remind me who the hell she is? I swear she came out of nowhere and somehow has wind power?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

Someone remind me who the hell she is? I swear she came out of nowhere and somehow has wind power?

She's a Sky God Slayer from Lamia Scale, the guild Jura and Lyon are part of. She's the younger sister of the girl Lucy fought in like the second story arc. Wendy fought her in the Grand Magic Games.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TriffTshngo posted:

She's a Sky God Slayer from Lamia Scale, the guild Jura and Lyon are part of. She's the younger sister of the girl Lucy fought in like the second story arc. Wendy fought her in the Grand Magic Games.
How do you remember this stuff? I've actually read Fairy Tail like twice through and my brain absolutely refuses to retain like 80% of it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fabricated posted:

How do you remember this stuff? I've actually read Fairy Tail like twice through and my brain absolutely refuses to retain like 80% of it.

Some people just have a gift for remembering stupid shounen manga.

I'd gladly trade my gift for something more useful, like being able to whistle properly.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
This was much better when HxH did it.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
Aww I'm really going to miss Sherria. She was better than Wendy imo.

Sometimes I feel like Mashima neglects some of the better characters. Although so far this arc has been better about not just showing the main fairy tail members.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Watching the anime helped I guess. Made stuff more memorable when it had sick Celtic rock jams happening in the background.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TriffTshngo posted:

Watching the anime helped I guess. Made stuff more memorable when it had sick Celtic rock jams happening in the background.
I do have to say I kinda dig the music from the anime- but I haven't watched much of it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

GoldenPrice posted:

This was much better when HxH did it.
You can apply that to basically everything in this manga except the drawing of some of the female characters and dragons.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Oh hey time for Lucy to be useful again! ...Ok maybe not

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Oh hey time for Lucy to be useful again! ...Ok maybe not
hahaha c'mon did he even have you going for a minute

this is the laziest chapter in a while, but I did laugh at "hey Lucy look!"

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Sigh so close. Lucy.. Maybe next ti...hahahahah oh sorry I can't even be serious here.

At least this chaper featured more Jason Statham mage. Which is always cool.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Magical poo poo occurs, Lucy's clothes fall off, Natsu saves the day.
Pretty much every chapter.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

We should be getting close to the current arc's erza torture scene if arc formulas are happening again, or did that bit from the latest chapter count?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

We should be getting close to the current arc's erza torture scene if arc formulas are happening again, or did that bit from the latest chapter count?

On the one hand, she did the Erza overcome the odds and beat the guy on the flying ship despite it being "impossible" thing a few chapters ago. On the other hand, her and sword boobs are heading in to fight a mysterious and powerful enemy with unknown powers.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

"Huh mashima just offd half the guild maybe he's making up for things"

Nope...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Magical poo poo occurs, Lucy's clothes fall off, Natsu saves the day.
Pretty much every chapter.

I still believe that one day Lucy will get to do something for more than half of a chapter.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

chumbler posted:

I still believe that one day Lucy will get to do something for more than half of a chapter.
to be fair, she did some pretty cool stuff in the tartaros arc.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
Lucy has better moments than most characters when she actually gets to do stuff. I've always liked her urano metria spell, even though that was taken away from her in the grand magic games arc.

Same goes for Cana with Fairy Glitter. Mashima has stated several times she has potential but she has never gotten to do much.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Lucy will get to do something cool with all of the keys when she has them I imagine.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Lucy will get to do something cool with all of the keys when she has them I imagine.

She already had all the golden keys during the Grand Magic Games when sabertooth celestial wizard gave Lucy her 2 keys I thought. At least the plot device was a celestial wizard with all keys.

Did she open the gate during the Grand Magic Games that brought the Dragonpocalypse? I know she closed it with all the keys. That's about it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
She always manages to gently caress up though.
"Oh I'm fighting 2 guys in water. Let's summon 2 worthless familiars first and THEN summon the one who's not only the strongest but also has water powers."
"I'll stop this assassin guy! By blocking the knife he throws at me with my bare arms!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That's completely unfair. There's no way in hell any sane person would summon Aquarius unless they tried every other option, no matter how dumb, first.

• Locked thread