Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah an actual Letter of Reprimand going on an officer's record is a death knell to their career and depending on the severity can affect the characterization of their discharge if it's enough to send them to an ADSEP board (at least in the navy). Internally they're called Letters of Instruction (LOI) that can basically be turned into an LOR if needed.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

AR 135-91 finally got an update. One of the big changes (that should've been done ages ago) is that now when a Reservist hits the end of their contractual obligation, they'll be involuntarily sent to the IRR unless they request to keep drilling.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Retardog posted:

AR 135-91 finally got an update. One of the big changes (that should've been done ages ago) is that now when a Reservist hits the end of their contractual obligation, they'll be involuntarily sent to the IRR unless they request to keep drilling.

Does this apply to officers, too?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Yes.

"b. The length of the RR obligation depends on the terms of the agreement signed when appointed or enlisted. Most
agreements require unit participation for a specified period of time. When that unit time is fulfilled, the Soldier must
voluntarily reenlist, or extend his or her enlistment in the same or another TPU, or request transfer to the individual RR
(IRR) prior to, but no later than, the last day on which his or her term of service in the Selected Reserve (SELRES)
expires. If the Soldier does not make an election the unit will initiate DA Form 4651 (Request for Reserve Component
Assignment or Attachment) for involuntary transfer to the appropriate USAR CG per AR 140–10 or NGR 600–200
effective the day following the Soldier’s expiration term of service date in the RR."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Leaked image of CPOFBF2000-2

I had the plane the little yellow turret came from, One day I let my older brother attach model rocket engines to it and launch it, and miraculously the turret was the only thing that broke

Edit:

iirc it just lawn darted in tot he soft dirt near our house and the turret only broke because it separated on launch and got catapulted in to some rocks.

I should update my resume to include "Early F35 project participator"

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 17, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

CPOF is dumb. I've never used it on any computer that doesn't run like poo poo or eat memory like loving tic tacs.

Got height and weighted today, again, like 8th time in 4 months. Failed as I told them, waiting for the counseling. Told them I only lose weight if I starve myself which is true. The meds I'm on make me gain weight, and it's not like I'm loving off at PT. loving pissed about it. but whatever, I'm getting out.

It's also those failures that would see me chaptered if I wasn't on a medboard.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

CPOF is dumb. I've never used it on any computer that doesn't run like poo poo or eat memory like loving tic tacs.

Got height and weighted today, again, like 8th time in 4 months. Failed as I told them, waiting for the counseling. Told them I only lose weight if I starve myself which is true. The meds I'm on make me gain weight, and it's not like I'm loving off at PT. loving pissed about it. but whatever, I'm getting out.

I know you probably don't care but losing weight is cool and fun if you ever want to give it a go. I lost like 30 pounts since I got out and feel great. I was never busting tape or anything so IDK a whole lot about it all, but drat if I didn't get close towards the end.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I know you probably don't care but losing weight is cool and fun if you ever want to give it a go. I lost like 30 pounts since I got out and feel great. I was never busting tape or anything so IDK a whole lot about it all, but drat if I didn't get close towards the end.

I want to really bad, the issue I have is my legs are hosed, my meds make me gain weight, and I have a sedintary job. I want to lose weight for myself because I hate being so heavy. I don't have a massive gut, but I'm thick all throughout my body. I do everything I can with it, but the only thing that has actually worked has been starvation. I even have a fast metabolism, there just isn't poo poo I can do. Save working out for more time every day and focusing on weight lifting beyond what I already do, there's not much :negative:

It's rough man. Pretty rough. I hate it, not because of Army, but because of who I see in the mirror.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

I want to really bad, the issue I have is my legs are hosed, my meds make me gain weight, and I have a sedintary job. I want to lose weight for myself because I hate being so heavy. I don't have a massive gut, but I'm thick all throughout my body. I do everything I can with it, but the only thing that has actually worked has been starvation. I even have a fast metabolism, there just isn't poo poo I can do. Save working out for more time every day and focusing on weight lifting beyond what I already do, there's not much :negative:

It's rough man. Pretty rough. I hate it, not because of Army, but because of who I see in the mirror.

I lost 30 pounds simply through dieting man, and nothing hard. If you're like 99% of the army I'm sure you at about 10 or 11 redbulls/ripits/monsters a day? Cut that poo poo to sugar free (they are not all bad). Monster Zero Ultras are ok, as well as the white rockstar ones. Sugar free redbull is ok, but for the red bull premium I'd suggest looking at the cheaper ones I mentioned. Take a break from drinking, poo poo like that. Sugars are real killers man. Feels good having a flat stomach and thinner neck again. Down to 150. I can fit into some of my small shirts again :>

Working out a whole different animal that I'm simply too lazy/unmotivated/uneducated (gymwise) to get done. I did 20 push ups, and 25 sit ups yesterday. It was the most I've exercised (if you can even call it that) in probably a year, so yeah, I'm not pushing you towards a meathead health nut lifestyle or anything.

My only concessions towards sweets (I have a killer sweet tooth especially when high) is a huge bag of dum dums.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 17, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also, I don't know how much you drink, but simply cutting back on drinking caused me to lose a lot of weight.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Soulex posted:

Can you convince them the extra weight is due to your massive heart?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also, I don't know how much you drink, but simply cutting back on drinking caused me to lose a lot of weight.

yes this, beer and liquor will make you fat as gently caress. I don't know how much you feel that you need to drink to tolerate the army, but when I got out, it went down significantly. Honestly getting out was probably healthier for me in the long run as far as liver functions.

Simply getting a DD214 had me go from a minimum of a 6 pack a night to maybe a 6 pack a week. Of course did replace it with pot, which isn't for everyone of course, but pot plus a few handfuls of dumdums has led to more chill less weird drunk poo poo occurring in my life (even my amazon shopping has decreased significantly), weight loss, and saving money.

But yeah telling a soldier not to drink, especially one dealing with medboard poo poo, is like telling a river to reverse its flow or something :/
Dont get me wrong I'm still a depressed horrible untermensch bitch, but at least I'm a thinner depressed horrible untermensch bitch :smug:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Oh I agree. I put on weight going through my medboard as well and I was drinking a lot more thanks to the extra bullshit I was dealing with.

Also substituted pot for alcohol and don't drink at all anymore due to stomach problems and it's helped me a ton with joint pain and even my cerebral ballsy. Not being fat is a good thing.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
One beer = 7 slices of bread or some such bullshit for carbs too.

Cut out the sugar / soda / tea and cut back on drinking and the weight comes off even with minimal PT. I hate being a fat gently caress and removing sugar has helped drop a huge amount of mass for me.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I lost 30 pounds simply through dieting man, and nothing hard. If you're like 99% of the army I'm sure you at about 10 or 11 redbulls/ripits/monsters a day? Cut that poo poo to sugar free (they are not all bad). Monster Zero Ultras are ok, as well as the white rockstar ones. Sugar free redbull is ok, but for the red bull premium I'd suggest looking at the cheaper ones I mentioned. Take a break from drinking, poo poo like that. Sugars are real killers man. Feels good having a flat stomach and thinner neck again. Down to 150. I can fit into some of my small shirts again :>

Working out a whole different animal that I'm simply too lazy/unmotivated/uneducated (gymwise) to get done. I did 20 push ups, and 25 sit ups yesterday. It was the most I've exercised (if you can even call it that) in probably a year, so yeah, I'm not pushing you towards a meathead health nut lifestyle or anything.

My only concessions towards sweets (I have a killer sweet tooth especially when high) is a huge bag of dum dums.

I diet, eat healthy, and I don't drink actually. Like I said, it's a weird thing for me. All my meals are typically made at home, save a few needed times I need to eat out because I didn't bring a lunch. I do pt in the mornings with everyone and take walks when it's not raining as it's aught to in washington. I also don't drink thanks to the percocets I take daily. That poo poo is crazy. I tried it a few times and did nothing but make me vomit like mad.

sky shark posted:

One beer = 7 slices of bread or some such bullshit for carbs too.

Cut out the sugar / soda / tea and cut back on drinking and the weight comes off even with minimal PT. I hate being a fat gently caress and removing sugar has helped drop a huge amount of mass for me.

This will probably help some. I drink soda, bout 1 a day to help wake me up in the morning. I drink that instead of coffee. I'll give it a go.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh I agree. I put on weight going through my medboard as well and I was drinking a lot more thanks to the extra bullshit I was dealing with.

Also substituted pot for alcohol and don't drink at all anymore due to stomach problems and it's helped me a ton with joint pain and even my cerebral ballsy. Not being fat is a good thing.
I was telling my wife about this and she is so behind and in the mentality that it's dumb because of the people she knew on it, that it's hard for her to conceive that it could be helpful and not turn me into a fatter, lazier slob.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Sorry I wasn't trying to assume with certainty what your current diet was like, I just know like a vast majority of soldiers I've met don't give a gently caress about what they put in their bodies. Army does a piss poor job of promoting a healthier diet.

Well, hopefully when you get out, you might have an easier time with it. Getting out certainly didn't solve a lot of my issues, but definitely aggravated them less, so here's to hoping that post army is a breakthrough for you.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I think I hosed up. Got told to do a boatload of mandatory online training and I replied that I had already completed it. In hindsight, I should have "gone to the library" to do it while really going to play games or go for a run.

I'm the worst at shamming. :(

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Aranan posted:

I think I hosed up. Got told to do a boatload of mandatory online training and I replied that I had already completed it. In hindsight, I should have "gone to the library" to do it while really going to play games or go for a run.

I'm the worst at shamming. :(

Yeah, well, half the time they don't care if you've completed it anyway, so I wouldn't feel too bad man.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My one consolation is that I've been at this base for almost a year and still haven't gone to CIF. I wonder how much longer I can pull that off.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Army does a piss poor job of promoting a healthier diet.

Do we still have master fitness trainers? When I was an LT we had a MSG that was one. He was like a dietitian, personal trainer, and coach all rolled into one (the army actually sent him to school for it). He would teach classes and lead workshops on eating right and doing correct exercises.

Dude taught me how to eat right and I've done it for the last 10 years.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

spacetoaster posted:

Do we still have master fitness trainers? When I was an LT we had a MSG that was one. He was like a dietitian, personal trainer, and coach all rolled into one (the army actually sent him to school for it). He would teach classes and lead workshops on eating right and doing correct exercises.

Dude taught me how to eat right and I've done it for the last 10 years.

As far as I know the program exist, but I've never actually saw a MFT do anything ever in over a decade of being in other than use it as an NCOER bullet, so ymmv I suppose

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hey the Army totally promotes healthy food. If you're getting hosed in the rear end hard enough to be eating at the DFAC on a regular basis they color code their food offerings. That right there takes all need to actually understand a single, solitary *anything* about your diet out of the hands/minds of Joe and allows them to make good nutrition choices anyway because reasons.

It's a complete poo poo show of the highest order and the average soldier-on-the-street doesn't understand any-goddamn-thing that isn't MAH PROTEIN SHAKES AND CREATINE

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
before I got out, I suppose you could call him my section sergeant went to mft and got qualified.

from what he said about it, it sounding like it was teaching justifications for the travesty that is PRT, and how to properly chapter overweight dudes.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dfacs are gross, soldiers are gross, soldiers cooking my food, super gross

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

dfacs are gross, soldiers are gross, soldiers cooking my food, super gross

All they do is drop a frozen plastic bag in water and then dump the warm poo poo into a hotel pan

So I'm not sure that's actually "cooking"

And I guess I don't care, considering that having eaten local food in any GWOT country makes you immune to anything

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If you're trying to lose weight I'd suggest Stronglifts aka SL5x5, I did it on deployment and ate like a pig and still went from like 190 to 160 in somewhere around 14 or 15 weeks, it's only every other day too and will give you decent strength. Also it's super duper simple so you don't have to worry about getting the reverse side downwards tri lateral shoulder pull down machine at the gym.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ace of Baes posted:

If you're trying to lose weight I'd suggest Stronglifts aka SL5x5, I did it on deployment and ate like a pig and still went from like 190 to 160 in somewhere around 14 or 15 weeks, it's only every other day too and will give you decent strength. Also it's super duper simple so you don't have to worry about getting the reverse side downwards tri lateral shoulder pull down machine at the gym.

something like that looks like about what I'd want to do, if I had someone to keep an eye on me to keep me from doing poo poo wrong and blowing my rear end out

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

something like that looks like about what I'd want to do, if I had someone to keep an eye on me to keep me from doing poo poo wrong and blowing my rear end out

It's not that hard, there are vids on YouTube by the dude showing correct technique for all of it, when I got to higher weights I'd set up my smart phone and record myself during sets to make sure I was keeping technique.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

It's incredibly easy and if you take the time to learn proper form and not be a dumbass it's good for building basic strength. People say you will outgrow it and need to move on to Madcow or other programs but that's for down the road.

All the exercises are simple and if you learn your form early you aren't going to gently caress yourself up badly. Workouts are all compound muscle movements - squat, overhead press, deadlift for one day, squat, bench, bent over row for the other.
I haven't had proper instruction so I'm really leery about doing poo poo like cleans and snatches or overhead squats where you have the potential of winding up on a crossfit fails video, but SL is about as simple as it gets. Starting Strength came out with a paid app that has the more advanced stuff but with my hosed up back from the Army, I'm not going to even attempt that bullshit.

I've been using it off and on for a while and it's one of the few paid apps I've bought that has been worth every dollar. The paid extras include plate calculators, warmup sets, progress graphs & charges, and extra exercises.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So apparently IN BN scouts and the dismounted troop in Cav squadrons are being reclassed to 19D's though I'm pretty they were both already mixed 11B and 19D's. 19K's are leaving SBCT's entirely and 19D's will be crewing the MGS's. Only thing I can come up with for increasing the number of scouts is because they're beefing up scout platoons to 6 vehicles/36 soldiers.

Then there's the 11A's and 19A's commanding units of the other's branch. A captain I met had been a PL for a tank platoon, a scout platoon and then commanded an infantry company. Dude had no idea what to identify as. A infantry captain at OCS had spent his whole PL time as a tank platoon leader. Weird stuff happening in the maneuver branches.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Got told to drive 30 minutes back to work at 16:45 for a 17:00 formation by my slick sleeve squad leader who I technically out rank. When I told her it was dumb she practically had a mental breakdown, screaming, swearing etc.
Jesus take the wheel gently caress me for still being in. (for 1 more month)

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
lol if you're still enlisted

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Mustang posted:

So apparently IN BN scouts and the dismounted troop in Cav squadrons are being reclassed to 19D's though I'm pretty they were both already mixed 11B and 19D's. 19K's are leaving SBCT's entirely and 19D's will be crewing the MGS's. Only thing I can come up with for increasing the number of scouts is because they're beefing up scout platoons to 6 vehicles/36 soldiers.

Then there's the 11A's and 19A's commanding units of the other's branch. A captain I met had been a PL for a tank platoon, a scout platoon and then commanded an infantry company. Dude had no idea what to identify as. A infantry captain at OCS had spent his whole PL time as a tank platoon leader. Weird stuff happening in the maneuver branches.

Laughin' my fuckin' rear end off, like that's gonna loving go well telling a bunch of 11Bs they need to reclass to their arch nemesis MOS. I was in a RSTA unit and I don't understand the rationale behind it, are they saying infantry can't do anything other than move to contact? Is the Army going to make LRS units all-cavalry?

I guess it's mostly dumb because it's taking away one actually cool posting for 11Bs that allows you to wear unconventional uniforms and drive around ATVs and stuff and giving it to human being cav scouts :argh:

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Scouts in infantry battalions won't reclass, that isn't how scouts work as part of infantry battalions. Every scout platoon I've ever seen was made up of volunteers who competed for slots at the battalion level and could be swapped out for whatever reason.
It would be like reclassing Stryker drivers to 88M. Ain't gonna happen.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you if you're cav but more importantly gently caress you if you're still in.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

It's already happening, a 19D NCO in my ARC class is in a IN BN scout platoon. They've apparently been mixed 11b/19d for a while though. Only brought it up because I've heard multiple people talk about it over the past few months.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Mustang posted:

It's already happening, a 19D NCO in my ARC class is in a IN BN scout platoon. They've apparently been mixed 11b/19d for a while though. Only brought it up because I've heard multiple people talk about it over the past few months.

Well yeah, but that's a big difference from making everyone in a dismounted RSTA company reclass. My 1SG and PSG were all cav scouts but the PLs and CO/XO were 11Bs.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Does that mean that tankers are back to being off in their own world, not doing dumb loving ruck marches and stupid loving infantry and scout bullshit?

I only got about 3 or 4 months of that life but it was pretty good.

Ruck marches, lol, rucks go in the bustle rack next to the cooler, not on your back stupid crunchies.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Yeah I think so, only 19K's that are staying in SBCTs are just the master gunners until there's enough new master gunners that they aren't needed anymore. I think they're still going to reclass some of them to 19D though since the new doctrine has scout platoons at nearly double their current size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

Only thing I can come up with for increasing the number of scouts is because they're beefing up scout platoons to 6 vehicles/36 soldiers.
This is dumb.

- a RSTA scout

• Locked thread