Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephuran
Nov 12, 2011

The Grimace posted:

I only just learned tonight why I couldn't get any of the singles from 8-10 hearts.

Unless an update has changed things you can absolutely give a bouquet to as many singles as you want and boost to 10 stars before actually picking a spouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Sephuran posted:

Unless an update has changed things you can absolutely give a bouquet to as many singles as you want and boost to 10 stars before actually picking a spouse.

Oh, the way the game words things, it felt implied that giving people bouquets would lock me into the final Romance paths for marriage. Well, that will make things a bit easier, then.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress yeah, went in the fishing tent at the fair, accidentally cast my line before I stepped forward to the water, and it softlocked the game, zeroing out the timer and making me unable to move or do anything. good thing I hadn't racked up many star points yet I guess

edit: holy loving poo poo what is up with the perfection bonus here, I was getting 10-20+ for perfection bonuses before and suddenly a big fat 200+ for my perfection bonus on this one?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Mar 17, 2016

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you're all a bunch of cliven bundys, letting your animals roam unchecked across the countryside. i hope someone makes a mod where the blm confiscates every cow left out after 5pm

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: holy loving poo poo what is up with the perfection bonus here, I was getting 10-20+ for perfection bonuses before and suddenly a big fat 200+ for my perfection bonus on this one?

Did you perfect every fish you caught?

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Mr. Pumroy posted:

you're all a bunch of cliven bundys, letting your animals roam unchecked across the countryside. i hope someone makes a mod where the blm confiscates every cow left out after 5pm

Is there presently any reason to cordon off the animals from the rest of the farm? I'm half considering just leaving them to roam free, since maintaining fences is a pain in the loving arse.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Haifisch posted:

The latest update made kegs require oak resin now. Plan accordingly for your ever-expanding boozepires.

beehives require maple syrup now too

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Downloaded a smallish 680k patch this morning when opening Steam. Any ideas what that's all about?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Sephuran posted:

Hell, you can do it after you choose a spouse.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Haifisch posted:

The latest update made kegs require oak resin now. Plan accordingly for your ever-expanding boozepires.

What? Nooooo, I don't see patch notes anywhere or anything. :negative:

E: Oh good, someone on /r/stardewvalley has already modded it out, available here.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Mar 17, 2016

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
This is a good thing. I have a small forest growing in the SW of my farm specifically for Maple/Pine/Oak taps and really have nothing to use them on. And the resins seem like some of the only Artisan Goods that you can't use as blanket gifts for everybody.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Angry Diplomat posted:

Did you perfect every fish you caught?
I kept at it, seems that if you perfect 3 catches in a single round, it'll give you the full prize of 180ish star tokens each time. So I was able to buy everything at the store with about 2400g worth of fishing games, since sometimes I wouldn't get 3 perfects. Then I won the display thing and got another 1k tokens and don't have anything to spend them on, whoops!

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Orgophlax posted:

Downloaded a smallish 680k patch this morning when opening Steam. Any ideas what that's all about?

Kegs and hives have been nerfed, they require oak resin and maple syrup during creation now.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Considering how bad Kegs break the game wide open, it's a pretty good change. Beehives and maple syrup don't make a ton of sense, but one of them needs pine tar and earth crystals already so I guess he's just making things consistent.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

post your farm

It's winter atm so I can't really show off my plants but here's my basic storage/production setup (the mayo/cheese maker and the spinner I keep in the barn/coop):

I cribbed most of it from this awesome farm design I saw a while back:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=645177779

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mazz posted:

Considering how bad Kegs break the game wide open, it's a pretty good change.

Man, I missed the patch note where a gun was held to your head making you use them, weird.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
i don't know how you folks get by with so few preservers

i have like 20 preservers and i still have a mild panic attack whenever my beans are ready for harvest

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm sitting on 60 kegs and 40 preservers. Right now I'm working up to 25 hives. Just built a slime hut and am fleshing out a coop with just dinosaurs and void chickens. I really don't need farming anymore it's great.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Well I guess these 150 hops I made on your guys's suggestion are gonna sit still for a while. I have so little in the way of non-Pine trees in my farm it's ludicrous. Got at least triple the pine cones in my storage compared to the other things too. Oh well, crops themselves are still pretty good in Fall huh?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
It's good that he nerfed kegs imo. For every person posting pictures of their million dollar hauls there were two others saying "well the game is broken now, nothing else to work for."

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Kyrosiris posted:

Man, I missed the patch note where a gun was held to your head making you use them, weird.

Yeah because building 40+ kegs was totally out of the ordinary in this thread. I don't see how it wasn't a good change, considering it keeps actual farming income and other sources more relevant for longer.

Preserves already required earth crystals, it's not like it's completely out of the blue.

EDIT: ^^^ Exactly.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 17, 2016

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Fall crops are good as poo poo with or without preservers/kegs. You can make a small fortune if you get a huge field of them planted, especially if you have decent sprinklers. I mass-produced the 8-square sprinklers and farmed like a madman, and it made me so much goddamn money I was able to buy half the safe room packages, upgrade my house, upgrade a few tools, and stockpile a bunch of leftover money for a huge Spring planting.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I've confirmed you can give the children beer in this game.

They don't like it though.

Haven't tried Pale Ale or Wines though.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Imo you should just play the game how you like

If you enjoy kegs then have fun with the kegs

If not nbd

I personally like making my farm pretty and taking care of my animals while I slowly work on completing the collections. It is cool and good.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I currently have 45+ corn, 16 eggplants, 16 pumpkins, like 30+ cranberries, and mixed and wild seeds in the corners. About half of it is what I have to water. I use weak sprinklers for the wild seeds, quality for the normal plants. I might make more sprinklers later, but right now I feel like just stockpiling the Gold and Iron bars I get. I have an Iron Axe and Pickaxe, and an upgraded house, but no farm buildings except a trio of Silos. Probably going to be setting up animals throughout the season and seeing what happens. Only did one week so far.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Those crops alone are going to bring in a good chunk of money. Keep stockpiling, and check the wandering vendor when her cart shows up on Fridays and Sundays. She occasionally sells the best kind of sprinkler for an enormously discounted price - always buy it if she has it in stock.

Malek posted:

I've confirmed you can give the children beer in this game.

They don't like it though.

Haven't tried Pale Ale or Wines though.

I'm going to give both of the children cherry bombs as birthday gifts this year. :haw:

...no I'm not, I couldn't do that to Kent :smith:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 17, 2016

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Angry Diplomat posted:

I'm going to give both of the children cherry bombs as birthday gifts this year. :haw:

...no I'm not, I couldn't do that to Kent :smith:

Mega Bombs

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
The patch also nerfed bee houses by having them require maple syrup. Good thing I already got the 10 million G achievement with my Wine and Honey empire. If I'd waited any longer, it would've suddenly become even more tedious to achieve.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Alxprit posted:

Well I guess these 150 hops I made on your guys's suggestion are gonna sit still for a while. I have so little in the way of non-Pine trees in my farm it's ludicrous. Got at least triple the pine cones in my storage compared to the other things too. Oh well, crops themselves are still pretty good in Fall huh?

I think you can tap trees that aren't on your farm

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Haifisch posted:

gently caress!

I was almost done making the kegs for my second barn.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

I think you can tap trees that aren't on your farm

Yea you can. Before I set up my orchard I used the trees down by the ranch, all three kinds can be found on that part of the map.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

A Spider Covets posted:

Yea you can. Before I set up my orchard I used the trees down by the ranch, all three kinds can be found on that part of the map.

Maybe I'll do that. I usually just felled them since they get replanted immediately without my input.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Bad Seafood posted:

The first flowers of spring. :unsmith:

:vince:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
God drat. I never would have noticed that.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There's no timer or anything right? No chance of messing up days because you need to accomplish something by x year or x day right?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Germstore posted:

God drat. I never would have noticed that.

What am I missing here?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

COOL CORN posted:

What am I missing here?

An extremely subtle loss.jpg.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Bad Seafood posted:

The first flowers of spring. :unsmith:

It's beautiful.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Oh motherfucker :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Okay, so. I have the greenhouse now. If I plant something in there, how long will it live? I know you can plant stuff out of season, but how does stuff like corn or ancient fruit work? are they immortal or do they die after a season anyway?