Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

macross and vifam are very comparable because they are about new communities being formed around a spaceship that become a mix of military and civilian life in the face of sudden alien invasion

so battlestar galactica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

so battlestar galactica

never seen, never wanted to seen

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Sylphid posted:

Ah, it's a two-state radius? Impressive.
I'm literally an oblivious shoujo protagonist irl.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

never seen, never wanted to seen

its frakkin good

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think I did that last paralogue too soon. The enemies were really tough, and now this main mission is ludicrously easy, with the faceless only being able to do appreciable damage to my squishiest targets (which they'll never get close to), and dying when I look at them funny. I suppose there's one or two members of the army who can use this opportunity to level a bit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

its frakkin good

The first three seasons at least :/

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

El Burbo posted:

Sachiko has a very punchable face

B u rb knos what's up

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Battlestar Galactica is a pretty decent board game, but the show's never seemed like something I'm missing out on.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kylra posted:

This is not entirely inaccurate.

how's life on the farmhouse? :hehe:

Sorry Corals posted:

for some reason some people dont like sachiko and made it a meme to punch her

oh, is that it?? I know that! I chuckle when I see the "sachiko has a box!" in passing, but forcing it more than that is overkill, imo. there are many cooler ways to handle the charm points of charisma breaking.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Battlestar Galactica is a pretty decent board game, but the show's never seemed like something I'm missing out on.

It's like the third best SF show ever made until it totally shits itself towards the end

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Wait, Sachiko is Cute-chan?

She's hilarious and awesome. Every sentence that comes out of her mouth either begins or ends with declaring how cute she is. How could you hate that?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Kylra posted:

I'm literally an oblivious shoujo protagonist irl.
I've been getting much better about this recently though.

Space Flower posted:

how's life on the farmhouse? :hehe:
I am slain in turn.

:rip:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sylphid posted:

Wait, Sachiko is Cute-chan?

She's hilarious and awesome. Every sentence that comes out of her mouth either begins or ends with declaring how cute she is. How could you hate that?

Naka-chan is also a victim of this. it started with the 2-4-11 meme which refers to how, through playing KanColle, you collect a bunch of duplicate ships that aren't good for more than using as fodder for modernization or scrapping. Scrapping Naka gives you 2 fuel, 4 ammo, 11 steel, which is a funny pun everyone liked because her trademark line "Kantai no idol, Naka-chan da yo!" is very close to "Kaitai no idol" (kaitai here meaning 'dismantling'.)

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Space Flower posted:

Naka-chan is also a victim of this. it started with the 2-4-11 meme which refers to how, through playing KanColle, you collect a bunch of duplicate ships that aren't good for more than using as fodder for modernization or scrapping. Scrapping Naka gives you 2 fuel, 4 ammo, 11 steel, which is a funny pun everyone liked because her trademark line "Kantai no idol, Naka-chan da yo!" is very close to "Kaitai no idol" (kaitai here meaning 'dismantling'.)

naka is good also

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Space Flower posted:

Naka's thing is being so annoying and overbearing, she wraps around to being cute, so shame on any admiral who doesn't consider her a valuable part of their fleet.

Besides, she is the only idol. I actually quite like all of the Sendai-class.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=30577

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

the naka, nico, sachiko and iori supergroup

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
actually, what got me into KanColle years back was this dark turn on 2-4-11 I found when I was going through Danbooru's Heart-Breaking pool for fee-fees. I got what I came for.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

It's like the third best SF show ever made until it totally shits itself towards the end

The first two seasons were amazing, some of the best TV I've ever seen.

After that...

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Space Flower posted:

actually, what got me into KanColle years back was this dark turn on 2-4-11 I found when I was going through Danbooru's Heart-Breaking pool for fee-fees. I got what I came for.

its bad

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Space Flower posted:

I like The Kid965's explanation for it. Hopefully she can make people love idols in civilian life :unsmith:

Still, even so, that artist commentary was murder :smith:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first optional boss in yakuza is a cross-dressing hitman stripper with a shotgun

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

the lines in the artist's commentary left an impression on me. this was like late '14 and Shimakaze was just getting her line of figures and I was having trouble telling apart the red archer and the blue archer.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

the icon for selling cards in love live is bad enough

good thing theres no reason to ever do that, instead they merge into an Akira blob i guess

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puR4PIl0I9M

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sorry Corals posted:

good thing theres no reason to ever do that, instead they merge into an Akira blob i guess

only honkers will click this

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sorry Corals posted:

There's usually a point where money is too short to afford feeding them to each other, but it doesn't last long, and it might be avoidable now with more B-Side songs and some good events dishing out 50k rewards.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the battle for school-idol survival is merciless

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

I support this "Admiral for a Day" program, if it is given to responsible kanmusu like Shigure.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

i havent seen seven so i wont make any judgement

I love Seven

It tickles my weakness for 90s anime weirdness, in a perfect way

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There's usually a point where money is too short to afford feeding them to each other,

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's always a surprise to come across japanese fanart for western games, especially when it involves a major artstyle shift, but it's not unwelcome

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1510254

Motto fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 17, 2016

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

its frakkin good

Buttafingas!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hey guys I had to stay home from work today with a real bad migraine but I also have tomorrow off so it works out

Think I'll watch a thing with robots

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Motto posted:

it's always a surprise to come across japanese fanart for western games, especially when it involves a major artstyle shift, but it's not unwelcome

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1510254

The Assassin's Creed series seems to attract a lot of Japanese fan art, which is kind of an odd choice, but more power to 'em.

The latest fan art I've seen is with Connor and KanColle Iowa, which is because

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sorry Corals posted:

Is that actually worth doing forever even with Normals? The extra button presses to do that in basically every gacha game versus just selling them is enough to put me off after the early game.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I marathoned it a couple years ago and while I enjoyed it at the time it's not something I'd ever want to watch a second time. I'd rather watch SDF Macross again and I finished it near the end of 2015.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yakuza is a cool game with a lot of things i really like, but the combat is not one of them tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

yakuza is a cool game with a lot of things i really like, but the combat is not one of them tbh

Later games improve it a bit, but it's always been kind of clunky to me. Smashing dudes faces in to stuff never gets old though.

• Locked thread