Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I agree. BTBATB is easily the best DC cartoon since BTAS and I really wish it got a few more seasons. It was abundantly clear the people working on it weren't quite ready to wrap it up in favor of the super successful and not lovely at all Beware The Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BatB had a good run which is really all it can ask. I'd have kept watching it but I don't feel like it was killed unfairly early either.

I was impressed that it could handle relatively dark subject matter well too. The Bwana Beast episode was a good way to handle that kind of story.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Lurdiak posted:

I agree. BTBATB is easily the best DC cartoon since BTAS and I really wish it got a few more seasons. It was abundantly clear the people working on it weren't quite ready to wrap it up in favor of the super successful and not lovely at all Beware The Batman.

Beware the Batman made my soul hurt.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

BatB had a good run which is really all it can ask. I'd have kept watching it but I don't feel like it was killed unfairly early either.

I was impressed that it could handle relatively dark subject matter well too. The Bwana Beast episode was a good way to handle that kind of story.

Chill of The Night is a really, really good take on the 'Batman finds the guy who killed Martha and Thomas' story.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Lurdiak posted:

Young Justice was also good, but Brave and the Bold was great as a lighter take, and also made Aquaman awesome.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

smashpro1 posted:

Young Justice was also good, but Brave and the Bold was great as a lighter take, and also made Aquaman awesome.

I loved the episode where Batman and Green Lantern traveled back in time to hang out with Blue Beetle II.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

dragon_pamcake posted:

I loved the episode where Batman and Green Lantern traveled back in time to hang out with Blue Beetle II.

Based on this alone, I will now watch Young Justice.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Norns posted:

Based on this alone, I will now watch Young Justice.

Its Brave and the Bold and its not Green Lantern, its Booster Gold

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
You should still watch Young Justice tho

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

bobkatt013 posted:

Its Brave and the Bold and its not Green Lantern, its Booster Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMCzS0CJGLY

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Sometimes this thread is great, even without panels.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
No panels on this page, very shameful.

A giant red dinosaur that even Hulks are scared of? I'd say that qualifies.

Planet Hulk #3 (it's not a great series, but Devil Dinosaur and Doc Green just about save it)

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

As always, the Legacy of Luther Strode is pretty much page after page of badass moments.

Legacy of Luther Strode is mostly about super powered muscle men doing badass things. Here's Petra. She's the exception. She likes guns but is otherwise a normal human. She's been waiting outside a temple while the super powered musclemen and women (most of who have been in this temple for hundreds or thousands of years) fight it out inside, when one of the bag guys knocks Delilah (who's kinda on the same side as Petra) clean through the building and starts to squeeze through the hole she made.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh drat, I loving love that art. Gonna read the hell out of this.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

It's the third of a set of miniseries. Read The Strange Talent of Luther Strode first, then the Legend of Luther Strode and then Legacy of Luther Strode.

Also a quick google search revealed a couple of other panels posted in this thread which are awesome:

Bastard posted:

Legacy of Luther Strode #3

fatherboxx posted:

crying robots are the least badass things unless they are japanese and have long scarves

Legacy of Luther Strode #1

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Does anyone have that "Jesus vs. Olympians" series of panels?

You know, since we're posting Samson panels?

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 17, 2016

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Avulsion posted:

I liked it when they conscripted a bunch of kids and told them they either had to kill people for the government or be crippled via nanomachines, but that was mostly because of Taskmaster and Ant-Man being the laziest heroes ever.

Hell yeah, "Taskmaster's Summer Camp for Assholes" was the best. Don't forget Constrictor being part of that weird buddy-cop action.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

That's one of my favourite beats in that movie, actually. Where Joker goes "I'm not crazy. I'm not." and Ledger delivers it with utter sincerity.

There's an interesting theory on the web that the scene you mentioned, coupled with his line about a bus full of soldiers being blown up and society ultimately not caring that much implies that the Joker is an Iraq War vet who was driven to being what he is by feeling used for political gain as a soldier, and he really got those scars in Iraq. It's not a theory with a lot of nuance, but it's interesting.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

I think you're looking for the funny panels thread. I love how you can see Fantomex's smug look even through the mask :allears:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Did he swipe the gun from Eddie Valiant?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Someone's been listening to the Hawkeye Gospel of Boomerang Arrows (tm).

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Hawkguy 3

Hawkguy 22

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DigitalRaven posted:

Hawkguy 3

Hawkguy 22

Hawkguy 21

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ashcans posted:

Did he swipe the gun from Eddie Valiant?

Did you also think the bullet had a screaming look on its face???

Also the perspective on that is all kinds of messed up. Too bad.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

DigitalRaven posted:

Hawkguy 3

Hawkguy 22

I'm pretty sure those are both from the same issue...

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

FilthyImp posted:

Did you also think the bullet had a screaming look on its face???

Also the perspective on that is all kinds of messed up. Too bad.

Yea, is it not supposed to? If not that is some weird shading going on.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Uthor posted:

I'm pretty sure those are both from the same issue...

No, the purple/blue strip is definitely from Hawkguy #3. It's like the third page.

bobkatt013 posted:

Hawkguy 21

Still a tear. Fuckin' pizza dog, man.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

DigitalRaven posted:

No, the purple/blue strip is definitely from Hawkguy #3. It's like the third page.

Right, but I think the scene with Katie Kate on the bridge is also issue #3.

This is from #22.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So she totally just killed or at least brutally disfigured and handicapped those guys.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's a lot of that in Fraction's Hawkeye. Despite having about 2000 different non-lethal arrows, Clint just shoots a guy in the eyes with regular-rear end arrows in issue 3.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

WickedHate posted:

So she totally just killed or at least brutally disfigured and handicapped those guys.

The Hawkeyes aren't invulnerable superhumans; they compensate with a certain aggression.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Punisher shoots a dude with a gun, no objections.
Hawkeye shoots a dude with his bow, suddenly there's a problem.
goons :rolleyes:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Punisher shoots a dude with a gun, no objections.
Hawkeye shoots a dude with his bow, suddenly there's a problem.
goons :rolleyes:

Actually, my problem is more that people have a problem with Frank but not Clint & Kate. It does make me dislike them a little less though. I wish Spider-Man would use his sticky hands to tear people's skin off more often.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I totally have a problem with Fraction's weird grindhouse violence Hawkeye. It goes against his character because he's not supposed to be like Moon Knight or Punisher, but rather an Avenger who is not a big fan of maiming and murder.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

It does make me dislike them a little less though. I wish Spider-Man would use his sticky hands to tear people's skin off more often.

I wish I was the kind of guy who buys redtext titles because you really deserve to wear this scarlet letter until the next time you get banned

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I totally have a problem with Fraction's weird grindhouse violence Hawkeye. It goes against his character because he's not supposed to be like Moon Knight or Punisher, but rather an Avenger who is not a big fan of maiming and murder.

It's probably influence from the Ultimate/MCU version.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

It's probably influence from the Ultimate/MCU version.

Nah I think it's just the kind of story Fraction wanted to tell. It's an odd fit but most people were wiling to overlook that stuff because the rest of the story was good and the art was great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Nah I think it's just the kind of story Fraction wanted to tell. It's an odd fit but most people were wiling to overlook that stuff because the rest of the story was good and the art was great.

There's also a difference between a guy who may have to kill and a guy whose only setting is kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah, obviously. Fraction's Hawkeye was kinda cavalier about maiming but he didn't set out to maim like Moon Knight does, or go into any situation expecting to rack up a body count. It's more like an Indiana Jones situation.

It would have been really surreal if Clint was like "gently caress YES I LOVE TO SHOOT OUT EYEBALLS IT GIVES ME A BONER"