Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Mitt Romney never opposed free trade.

And he isn't anywhere near as competent a narrative-weaver as Trump is. He's a milquetoast mormon parasite who bought his way into the establishment spot.

I know you're still new to this country, but want to hear a little secret?

Donald Trump has been one of the most hated men in America for decades.:ssh: The fact that he's been able to dupe a group of unbelievably stupid people says more about them than it does about Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Majorian posted:

Donald Trump has been one of the most hated men in America for decades.:ssh: The fact that he's been able to dupe a group of unbelievably stupid people says more about them than it does about Trump.

:ironicat:

Coming from the :shillary: supporter.

:allears:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Trump, much like god to those rubio supporters, does not care enough to help.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Dump Truck For Trump Stumps Chump

Trump Dump Truck Stuck, Bumps Chumps Clucking "gently caress!"

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Dump Truck For Trump Stumps Chump

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Each day will be a new nightmare to endure.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Immortan posted:

She only needs to be less-hated than Trump.:wink:

e:

Brannock posted:

Turns out people prefer to quietly ignore things like this when it's supporting their candidate. Who knew?

Bit of a difference when Trump is actively pushing for things that white supremacists want to happen, and Hillary isn't.
\/\/\/

Majorian fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 17, 2016

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Turns out people prefer to quietly ignore things like this when it's supporting their candidate. Who knew?

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

don't worry, all those pesky minorities will come around after they receive a rousing discussion about trade policies

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FAUXTON posted:

He's probably one of the shortlisted guys for an establishment money crash program to astroturf an independent candidate after Drumpf sweeps the next week of primaries.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

TwinsensRevenge posted:

don't worry, all those pesky minorities will come around after they receive a rousing discussion about trade policies

This was my favorite part of Phantom Menace.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Majorian posted:

Donald Trump has been one of the most hated men in America for decades.

What?

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
this'll be one of the most interesting parts of the coming general, and assuming no major recession, I think kills the hopes Trump supporters have for capturing a higher percent of minority votes. Obama's support is still ~90% among black americans

"Obama is increasingly involved in the 2016 presidential campaign"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...:homepage/story

Trump hasn't attacked him yet, but can't wait to see how this goes over:

quote:

Republican National Committee spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said in an email that Obama will be “a huge liability” in swing states because he has “job approval numbers that continue to struggle.”

Hadn't considered this though - is Biden actually popular enough there to impact trump? Don't know a ton about Diamond Joe's base

quote:

Vice President Biden, for his part, is preparing to campaign heavily in the Rust Belt to appeal to the white, working-class voters who may be drawn to Trump, according to aides.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Brannock posted:

there's no reason to suspect the motivations behind his endorsement, no sir

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Immortan posted:

Whoa the rare three-most-obnoxious-emoticons-in-one-post post

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

thethreeman posted:

this'll be one of the most interesting parts of the coming general, and assuming no major recession, I think kills the hopes Trump supporters have for capturing a higher percent of minority votes. Obama's support is still ~90% among black americans

Hadn't considered this though - is Biden actually popular enough there to impact trump? Don't know a ton about Diamond Joe's base

They will both be valuable assets, yeah.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bobby Digital posted:

This was my favorite part of Phantom Menace.

Trump supporters do have a bit of a Jar Jar Binks quality to them, don't they?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What are the upcoming winner take all states, cause there's no way Trump doesn't win Arizona.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Just some top notch strategery from the GOP this year.

https://twitter.com/NickRiccardi/status/710526659577962497

If you work on the assumption that Kasich wants to be Trump's Treasury Secretary or something , Kasich's moves make a lot of sense.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
what i really want out of this election cycle is architectural renderings and a diorama of trumps beautiful wall

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hollismason posted:

What are the upcoming winner take all states, cause there's no way Trump doesn't win Arizona.

Utah is WTA if someone gets above 50%, and a bunch more after that. Good chart here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016#Primary_schedule

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trump's gonna do great with women voters, he loves the women

quote:

“Often, I will tell friends whose wives are constantly nagging them about this or that that they’re better off leaving and cutting their losses,” wrote Trump. “I’m not a great believer in always trying to work things out, because it just doesn’t happen that way. For a man to be successful he needs support at home, just like my father had from my mother, not someone who is always griping and bitching. When a man has to endure a woman who is not supportive and complains constantly about his not being home enough or not being attentive enough, he will not be very successful unless he is able to cut the cord.”

(link)

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oops

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

shiksa posted:

Trump, much like god to those rubio supporters, does not care enough to help.

Trump helps those who help themselves to a nice Trump steak with a glass of Trump wine at any of his wonderful Trump resorts.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Peachstapler posted:

The bulldozer will set you free

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Kasich just knows that Cruz would use Utah as a springboard to get 1237 and eliminate any chance for a contested convention, duh.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think the sas rule where insulting pun names for teams are probatable is good because it doesn't eliminate anything worthwile, and after the crutches are taken away sometimes people come up with insults that are funny. just sayin

Brannock posted:

i think that his 'i supported trump before but then i found out hillary is secretly a white nationalist' story is a spectacularly lazy attempt to paper over an attempt to play 2-dimensional political chess and discredit the opponent of the candidate he still supports - but hey, maybe i'm wrong

do you really think his support is genuine? if so, do you agree with the conspiracy theory he claims to base his support on, that clinton will do the things he was hoping trump would do a few months ago?

even if his support is genuine, its basis is that he believes clinton is secretly in favor of things she's never said she's in favor of - meanwhile trump gets applause from white nationalists for his 'i would disavow, but...' response to their support for him. the former has no relationship to anything clinton has done or said, the latter is textbook dogwhistling

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Oompa loompa doompety doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you are a light-weight?
Having a thirst that you can nev-er sate?
Telling crude jokes and em-brac-ing the hate.
What, little Marco, is. Your. Fate?

Do do do do do

Losing your entire state...

Oompa loompa doompety da
If you're not lazy, you will go far.
You can Make America Great too
Like the Donald Trumpa Drumpfety do!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

(link)

Pffft, chicks don't vote. Except for the ones who hear about Trump's tariff platform; those ones are gonna go crazy for him.

Bucswabe posted:

Oompa loompa doompety doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you are a light-weight?
Having a thirst that you can nev-er sate?
Telling crude jokes and em-brac-ing the hate.
What, little Marco, is. Your. Fate?

Do do do do do

Losing your entire state...

Oompa loompa doompety da
If you're not lazy, you will go far.
You can Make America Great too
Like the Donald Trumpa Drumpfety do!

This is pretty spectacular, nice job.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brannock posted:

i don't think hillary is the one running around spouting white nationalist rhetoric

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

(link)

Unfortunately, there are women who actually believe this

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Dump Truck Cu ck For Trump Stumps Chump

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Winner Take All
American Samoa 9
Arizona 58
Wisconsin 42
New York 95
Connecticut 28
Maryland 38
Indiana 57
Nebraska 36
California 172
Total 535

Trump Total : 673

Total Needed : 1237

Are all Winner take all or Winner take Most. I'd say things look good for Trump.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

thethreeman posted:

"Obama is increasingly involved in the 2016 presidential campaign"

coincidentally, obama's job approval minus disapproval aggregate on rcp just inched up to 0 for the first time since june of 2013. i don't know which direction that'll go in the next five months, especially as he involves himself in the campaign, but it's a better place to start than the -10 he was at during the last midterm campaign season, that's for sure
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

biden could be fun - remember this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xxUxO820PE
yeah, he could be fun

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 17, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[kevin costner voice] chicks dig protectionism

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Peachstapler posted:

Welcome to the desert of the real :getin:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He's definitely not going to win Utah, but I'd bet him winning California.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

So now everyone in American is going to talk about Hillary being a racist and Hitler right? Because thats what happened to Trump.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

why hasn't she disavowed yet? <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003