Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Watch Haikyuu, which was the one series in Weekly Shonen Jump that had a higher fraction of female readers than Gintama, back when they did that survey four years ago.

K. Once I finish Eureka Seven which has gotten really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Also, looks like KT might announce Sophie's localization tomorrow. There was already that PAL localization logo released a few weeks ago, so it's not a big surprise. My guess has always been they were focusing on finishing up Nights of Azure before they worked on Sophie.

Based on past Atelier trends, we might see a release in Summer / Fall of this year.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

It's real good imo. Don't watch the movie or sequel.

of E7 i mean

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Raildex is fun and I like it but it's kind of depressing to know that I still have 44 episodes and a film to go until I'm done with the show. I don't have a whole lot of time to watch anime, so it feels a little Sisyphean at times, especially since Railgun s02 is covering plot points that already happened in Index s01. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 17, 2016

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Stay away from the Crunchyroll subs tho. I'm pretty sure their subber doesn't understand English.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Stay away from the Crunchyroll subs tho. I'm pretty sure their subber doesn't understand English.

But but but but but that's the most convenient place to watch anime

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Erg posted:

Fujo things are good, objectively

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

of E7 i mean

K. Didn't plan to anyways hahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sylphid posted:

Also, looks like KT might announce Sophie's localization tomorrow. There was already that PAL localization logo released a few weeks ago, so it's not a big surprise. My guess has always been they were focusing on finishing up Nights of Azure before they worked on Sophie.

Based on past Atelier trends, we might see a release in Summer / Fall of this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZjGXKrA51Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUbmptBHQ5U

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

But but but but but that's the most convenient place to watch anime

I mean if reading sentences missing half their predicates suits you fine, then

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lemon-Lime posted:

Raildex is fun and I like it but it's kind of depressing to know that I still have 44 episodes and a film to go until I'm done with the show. I don't have a whole lot of time to watch anime, so it feels a little Sisyphean at times, especially since Railgun s02 is covering plot points that already happened in Index s01. :(

At least the Sisters arc is a ~cute~ boulder with cats and touching moments.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Droyer posted:

of E7 i mean

:sigh:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Have you seen my grammar

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

plenty of bad fujo stuff out there

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Oh you fixed it. I thought you did that on purpose to illustrate how bad they were.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

littleorv posted:

Chapter 20 of Conquest can suck my dick

Wow that's a talented video game

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

plenty of bad fujo stuff out there

yah

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*googles vifam*

wtf is a round vernian

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Have you seen my grammar

They've mistranslated scoreboards like three times already. Scoreboards worth only two names on them.

Droyer posted:

Oh you fixed it. I thought you did that on purpose to illustrate how bad they were.

...oh no, major missed opportunity.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Space Flower posted:

At least the Sisters arc is a ~cute~ boulder with cats and touching moments.

I mean, I like all the Railgun characters and I like the Sisters a lot, so it's not like it's a chore to watch, but I don't really feel like the Sisters needed to be expanded beyond what was already explained in Index, and especially not into a 24 episode anime. :(

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

*googles vifam*

wtf is a round vernian

They probably mean vernier.

Or they really like Jules Verne I guess.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

...oh no, major missed opportunity.

I'm so disappointed in you right now.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think Galactic Drifter Vifam makes more sense as a title

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

I'm so disappointed in you right now.

Oh no how will I love worth myself, disappointing orv.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lemon-Lime posted:

I mean, I like all the Railgun characters and I like the Sisters a lot, so it's not like it's a chore to watch, but I don't really feel like the Sisters needed to be expanded beyond what was already explained in Index, and especially not into a 24 episode anime. :(

they can't pull a P4G because Mikoto is already New Game+ level.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Also the literal piles of bloody 16 year old highschool girl corpses and Misaka angsting over the Sisters instead of already being friends just generally make Railgun less fun to watch.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

I'm like 99% sure it will be, but I hope the second song is the final boss song.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I think Galactic Drifter Vifam makes more sense as a title

thats the actual title too, i dont know how it got localized as that

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath posted:

thats the actual title too, i dont know how it got localized as that

Knowing nothing about it, I'd assume a show called galactic drifter vifam was about a space hobo

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Ah! The dramatic final arc of Ojisan to Marshmallow Season 1! I can't take the suspense, what a cliffhanger! :ohdear: :tem:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad the Mysterious Book trilogy is going to be super upbeat against after the Dusk trilogy, at least if the Atelier Sophie plot premise is to be believed:

quote:

The game is set in the small town of Kirchen Bell, a location with a warm atmosphere and occasional rainfall, during the dawning era of alchemy prior to it becoming a widespread art. Within the outskirts lies an atelier studio run solely by a girl named Sophie, who has a mysterious power that allows her to combine items together to form entirely different items. Without a mentor or reference guide to teach her, her alchemy attempts repeatedly fail time and time again. One day however, she comes across a mysterious book that moves and talks by its own free will. Sophie's goal is to restore the book's memories and its former human form.

:3:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant wait for the chat thread hoi4 game where we spend twenty minutes arguing who gets to be america and then half the players leave because we have to keep it at speed 3 for stability reasons

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm glad the Mysterious Book trilogy is going to be super upbeat against after the Dusk trilogy, at least if the Atelier Sophie plot premise is to be believed:

:3:

oh hey Lemon what was that about an email regarding that game night? i missed that info.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my favorite kpop idol did the atelier theme for I presume a new korean localization

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its p cool bc she is a ps4 nerd and her kpop idol friends make fun of her for being an otaku

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

these rule

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i would post pics of her with robot garage kits but im on the highway rn

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

i cant wait for the chat thread hoi4 game where we spend twenty minutes arguing who gets to be america and then half the players leave because we have to keep it at speed 3 for stability reasons

Why the gently caress would anyone want to be America, you can't do poo poo until loving 1941

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

robot garage kits more like robot garBAGE kits if u ask me

• Locked thread