Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

subpar anachronism posted:

The face of a man who thinks it's the high point of cleverness to comment 'Booooooobies.' half a dozen times on an article on huffpo about womens' body image.

It's okay you'll find out later that he actually works for Mr. Wonka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mr Hootington posted:

Why does this man dress like a Furby?

He's a self described man-child. Possibly the only person who would willingly describe themselves that way. Except the adult baby guys I guess.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I made the mistake of listening to this through headphones and he has that kind of voice that sends really horrible shivers down my back. Almost as bad as that vegetarian dude who talks about eating pussy or whatever.

And god drat, he sure lost every roll of the genetic dice.

My girlfriend and I call that way of speaking "performance voice", and we hear it mostly from autists (no joke). It's the voice of someone who knows (or thinks) they're on stage and knows that you are supposed to do something interesting, and have never taken a second to review what that might be. Their effort is good enough. For some unknown reason all performance voice sounds exactly the same, whether coming from young or old, man or woman.

It's like attention-seeking easy mode.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I guess I'll follow that up with some related AUG.

My DnD group basically disbanded because of a guy with insufferable performing voice. Our DM worked in a psych clinic and one of his non-violent patients had a pretty bad case of Asbergers. Our DM saw that he loved tabletop games and thought to socialize him a bit by inviting him to our very casual group. This kid was the living embodiment of powergaming, and of course said everything in-character as though he was delivering the world's most tone deaf Royal Decree. We could live with that for the most part, but then it got really awkward. Turns out the kid is gay and has fallen madly in love with the DM. He chose to express this by being unrelentingly mean to the DM's wife, who played in the group. Just non-loving-stop. He also considered us his only friends, so my softy DM didn't have the heart to kick him out.

We all slowly stopped playing, while the kid managed to round up a group of autists just as bad as him, keeping our DM. Now the poor guy runs campaigns for a bunch of assholes, and every time he has to leave a fun gathering to do so he dies a little more inside.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Samfucius posted:

My DnD group basically disbanded because of a guy with insufferable performing voice. Our DM worked in a psych clinic and one of his non-violent patients had a pretty bad case of Asbergers. Our DM saw that he loved tabletop games and thought to socialize him a bit by inviting him to our very casual group. This kid was the living embodiment of powergaming, and of course said everything in-character as though he was delivering the world's most tone deaf Royal Decree. We could live with that for the most part, but then it got really awkward. Turns out the kid is gay and has fallen madly in love with the DM. He chose to express this by being unrelentingly mean to the DM's wife, who played in the group. Just non-loving-stop. He also considered us his only friends, so my softy DM didn't have the heart to kick him out.

We all slowly stopped playing, while the kid managed to round up a group of autists just as bad as him, keeping our DM. Now the poor guy runs campaigns for a bunch of assholes, and every time he has to leave a fun gathering to do so he dies a little more inside.

This is basically the same trajectory that every group I've ever played with has taken. Except for the small part where someone was actually being treated for their mental illness.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Samfucius posted:

My girlfriend and I call that way of speaking "performance voice", and we hear it mostly from autists (no joke). It's the voice of someone who knows (or thinks) they're on stage and knows that you are supposed to do something interesting, and have never taken a second to review what that might be. Their effort is good enough. For some unknown reason all performance voice sounds exactly the same, whether coming from young or old, man or woman.

It's like attention-seeking easy mode.

I linked sword guy to my friend saying he talked exactly the same way as his "roommate" (who I'm pretty sure is a legit autist, he's always rocking back and forth in addition to his social problems) and his response was eerily on topic.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

fullroundaction posted:

This is basically the same trajectory that every group I've ever played with has taken. Except for the small part where someone was actually being treated for their mental illness.
DnD players seem to be a common thread here in the problem. Hmmm

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Darth123123 posted:

DnD players seem to be a common thread here in the problem. Hmmm

Its almost like people who spend their leisure time escaping to fantasy worlds tend to have trouble managing their relationship with the real world.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

zoux posted:

They finally caught the Sesame Street Stealer.

A Super Saiyan Habsburg.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Samfucius posted:

My DnD group

Yes this is a thread appropriate post from the start.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I never said I was a cool guy :)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

Yes this is a thread appropriate post from the start.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, someone bought me that avatar at least twice now.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

LordSaturn posted:

A Super Saiyan Habsburg.

hahahaha :drat:

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

Yeah, someone bought me that avatar at least twice now.

What's it from? I wouldn't even know how to start googling it. Well GIS I guess, but I'm at work.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The face of a man who thinks it's the high point of cleverness to comment 'Booooooobies.' half a dozen times on an article on huffpo about womens' body image.

I am imagining that this very serious looking fellow said "Booobies" in his very serious deadpan voice, and it is hilarious.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Poldarn posted:

What's it from? I wouldn't even know how to start googling it. Well GIS I guess, but I'm at work.

Someone bought a bunch of furry avs in exactly that style for lovely LF posters many years ago. The one PCOS has belonged to Stymie.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Poldarn posted:

How would I know?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I'm still amazed anyone is legit offended by you anymore. That's an entire $10 of offended. Like, you could go to the pot shop and have a great night for $10.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Samfucius posted:

I never said I was a cool guy :)

You bring up your gf in the Aug thread over and over

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

How'd you get a picture of me browsing the forums?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

By the standards of internet comments sections, saying "boobies" over and over is a fairly enlightened treatise.

King Kambrook
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

From last page, but this guy looks like he's from that era of computer games where the colour of a person's skin and hair was determined by a somewhat limited colour palette.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

God the urge to drop a People's Elbow onto this dudes balls would be just a little bit too much.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

loving bronies. Public plea on a pulic page.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hey I'm bi and I need you to be bi too but I want a heterosexual relationship

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Heath posted:

No Freaks.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

You bring up your gf in the Aug thread over and over

I've made eight posts in this thread and mentiontioned my gf twice???

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Samfucius posted:

Tell her we said hi.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Heath posted:

you're assuming the man who posts kludged together pony memes with his real name attached isn't down for a poly situation.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Samfucius posted:

You just bumped up from a quarter to a third.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

I've got a coworker who adopts this stance standing up, resting his macbook on his huge gut, peering down at the screen.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
yeehaw

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

zoux posted:

He looks like Mike Ehrmantraut in disguise. The disguise is a ginger dude that goes outside in New Mexico.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Mah Big Fat 'Murican Wedding. God, this is the probably the most depressing wedding picture I have ever seen.

Kip Dynamite: The Teenage Years

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Castor Poe posted:

Mah Big Fat 'Murican Wedding. God, this is the probably the most depressing wedding picture I have ever seen.

Here, let me fix that :nms:

According to snopes they divorced two years later, and then he died four years after that.

e: he died from heroin and alcohol abuse, specifically

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

:smith:

Yup, I take back what I said in my previous post.

klugman
Jan 28, 2009

King Kambrook posted:

From last page, but this guy looks like he's from that era of computer games where the colour of a person's skin and hair was determined by a somewhat limited colour palette.

.ta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Oh god there's probably so much tobacco spit on the bride's train :barf:

Also I love how the gal at the left apparently said "gently caress no Darlene I ain't wearin' no camo to a fuckin' wedding" and then put on her best cowboy boots

• Locked thread