Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

So, I just did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrG9ROR-Kt0

This game is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Solomonic posted:

Hey so, people who have EA UFC 2

On the start screen before you go into the menu, hit up up down down left right left right O X Options to unlock Joe Rogan

Wow! Said character is available only at 170, and is 86 overall.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Solomonic posted:

On the start screen before you go into the menu, hit up up down down left right left right O X Options to unlock Joe Rogan

Hahaha omg GOTY.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Just won a majority decision with judges scores of 29-27, 28-28, and 29-28 in Ultimate Team and immediately got an agree message from the player complaining about the games judges. So this is the most accurate MMA simulation game ever made.

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
I did much better today. My record is now like 14 and 55. Now that I've slowed done my play some and try too be smarter my matches are a lot more competitive. Still losing a lot but when I do lose I typically understand why I lost and where I went wrong.

At times I'll still just get straight dominated and if there's any lag at all I might as well not be at the controls cause I can't compete at all then.

My clinch game is still weak but my ground game has improved immensely. A few of my wins today where after I got knocked down and mounted, was able too recover and grapple my way too victory. A few of the posts here where very helpful as well as reading this post at the ea forums by a game dev.

Post here.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

Mar 18: Development \ Child Split

'Child' companies now have two defined types: Development Territory and Child Company.

A Child Company is how it functioned in TEW2013, basically being self reliant; it can hire its own talent whenever it needs.

A Development Territory is the new method and means that the company is essentially isolated. It cannot hire its own workers, instead being totally dependent on the parent company to stock its roster.

Using the latter option gives the user tighter control, as you're guaranteeing that the roster will only contain people that you want it to have. However, this does put the onus on you to keep an eye on the Dev Territory as if the roster gets too small it won't be able to hold shows and will have no way of dealing with that.

The user can swap between the two options whenever he wants, it's a one click change.

Mar 18: Control Of Development Upgrade

The user now has a much greater degree of control over all his child companies.

Via the new Child Companies button the user can access the following controls: Roster, Schedule, Product, Teams, Titles and TV Controls. In each case, these are almost identical to the version the user has access to for the parent company, meaning you can do the same actions for both. For example, the Schedule screen is literally exactly the same same, so everything you can do for the parent company (changing schedule, adding or modifying events, etc) you can do for the child company too.

There are also two new controls: Staff and Own Broadcaster.

Staff allows you to assign, replace or fire the owner and head booker of the child company. The user has total control of this area, so doesn't have to worry about the AI bringing in a new owner out of the blue - it will always be someone the user specifically went after. Own Broadcaster, as discussed earlier in the journal, allows a parent company that owns its own broadcaster to use it to give the child company air time.

These new options give the user a really fine degree of control over his or her child companies, basically being able to fine tune everything bar the actual booking of shows.

Mar 18: One Night Developmentals

Similar to the already-announced ability to hire a local worker to make a one night only appearance, players who have a development territory now also have the option of calling up any of the workers from there for a one night only appearance. This is done via the booking screen while putting together a show.

As with the Hire Local feature, this is a special one night deal that has them become available for the show and then disappear off the roster without any of the associated blocks or penalties on rehiring. The big advantage to this, as well as ease of use, is that bringing a developmental worker up for one night does not affect his status with the child company; i.e. he does not have to vacate titles, does not lose his contract, does not split up any teams, etc, etc.

This also, of course, helps simulate reality by allowing development workers to be brought up for try outs, to temporarily bulk out the roster if there have been injuries, etc.

Big changes to child companies today

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Needed to happen so you can create an nxt type brand game looks drat good i hate Ryland he always manages to get his 30 dollars out of me every couple of years.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Solomonic posted:

Well I guess I'm buying this right now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Shadokin posted:

I did much better today. My record is now like 14 and 55. Now that I've slowed done my play some and try too be smarter my matches are a lot more competitive. Still losing a lot but when I do lose I typically understand why I lost and where I went wrong.

Yeah, same here. I've stopped rushing in, instead I hang back and poke away with leg kicks and jabs. I still get bum rushed and destroyed sometimes, but I actually won a couple matches this morning. The others at least went the distance.

Am I the only one who feels like my strikes are way slower than opponents though? My fitness is high, I'm not drained on stamina, but I feel like my Ultimate Team opponents are way faster. Maybe they have pumped up stats, I'm not paying money so I'm still pretty barebones.

Also, when are people recharging their Fitness? I've been bumping it up to 100 whenever it gets down around 80.

VVV: Yeah definitely. The Thai knee was also my go-to in Undisputed, back in the day. If you catch someone who doesn't know how to get out of it, you win.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 18, 2016

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The thai clinch is devastating at early levels of Ultimate Team. If you get in that or get someone in it one thai knee can end the match fast, I've tried to up my clinch stats accordingly because of this. Just something I noticed.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Really excited for TEW, the lack of options with child companies and the AI companies refusing to hire anyone were the two things that made me quit playing the last version. If the fixes work the way they're described here I'm going to sink way too much time into this one

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Really excited for TEW, the lack of options with child companies and the AI companies refusing to hire anyone were the two things that made me quit playing the last version. If the fixes work the way they're described here I'm going to sink way too much time into this one

I'm hoping that they're still on pace to release in April. My June 96 game got erased (not sure how, suspect it has something to do with my constant fight with Administrator mode) and we're at the point where we are too close for me to start over again in '13.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm hoping that they're still on pace to release in April. My June 96 game got erased (not sure how, suspect it has something to do with my constant fight with Administrator mode) and we're at the point where we are too close for me to start over again in '13.

Yeah I've tapered off my playing of 13 as well. Hearing about these new features that I've wanted for ages makes me not want to play the current version without them. At this rate I'm actually going to take a chance and buy TEW16 day 1.

I'm hoping some of the people testing the game will have some real world scenarios set up ahead of time, I can't really get into playing with the fake universe.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Do they usually do demos of these things? I haven't played one since EWR, but I like what I'm hearing about this one. I agree with triplexpac though, I will definitely be waiting until at least a current real world pack is out.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

they always have a trial version which gives you a month of ingame play time.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

These games come with a mod converter. So if I understand correctly, you can use it to convert the databases of your existing mods into the new game.

It's something of a shame, because I started a new June 96' game for reasons, and I got the most hilarious destiny rolls. Yokozuna's destiny roll made him almost a G.O.A.T. candidate (a 1/2 on the hot prospect list, meaning he got the highest possible message for popularity cap ie. "is already being tipped as a huge star for years to come" and the 2nd highest possible message for performance caps, ie "fantastic worker". Keeping in mind that you will almost NEVER see the highest performance cap message ie, "phenomenal worker" this is freaking absurd). My second best prospect was Mabel at a 3/3 (which is still amazing, especially given we're talking about freaking Mabel here).

Also, apparently one of the updates mentioned a "player's manual" which will explain some of the systems more in-depth. Which I am just thrilled with.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 18, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ChrisBTY posted:

These games come with a mod converter. So if I understand correctly, you can use it to convert the databases of your existing mods into the new game.

True, I just wonder how well they'll be balanced for the new systems.

Not like current mods are really well balanced anyway, but you know what I mean.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

To my understanding there will be some holes in the system. Mechanics that weren't covered in '13 won't suddenly exist in '16 (Like, I think every worker's painkiller use slider will be set at default unless it's tied to one of the other drug sliders). But I think and I hope enough will be translated that it will be usable without any huge absences. Because with historical mods, there's no guarantee the creator will be bothered to remake the mod to accommodate 16's mechanics.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Also, when are people recharging their Fitness? I've been bumping it up to 100 whenever it gets down around 80.

I'm not sure I even know what fitness does. I've had it go really low, yet I still had more stamina than my opponent when round 2 rolled around. I don't think about it too much, so I tend to up it when it dips into the 50s or 60s, but I rarely go above 90 because that seems like an awful lot of booster packs to be using.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The biggest issue with converted mods is probably going to be the new home region feature. There was nothing like that in 13 so that's going to be a massive slog to update and fix. I say that as someone with a massive database who is dreading it. But that doesn't seem like it should dramatically affect gameplay. It just means someone you know lives in California or Florida may end up randomly assigned to the wrong region and not be the correct "local talent."

But those developmental and ai hiring changes make this a lock for me so I'll gladly deal with the few headaches.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Normally if you do the "Open match" thing in TEW it kind of winds up making both workers look weak, instead of definitively making one look good, But say I'm playing in a small fed and all my guys are only D over, at best, and I magically hire a dude who is B+ over in my regions. If I put him on a very limited contract and have him fight a few "Open" matches against some of my best talent, will that boost their popularity significantly, or just forever piss off the dude I'd hire if I could afford anyhow?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

There was a good thread on booking notes on the main forum but essentially if people are of the same level in push never use it as they'll get 50/50ish booking anyway. Its apparently more if you want to make someone a level or two below look equal so yes it should in theory give the lower guy a boost and as long as the top guy doesn't lose i don't think it'll piss him off.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

The Croc posted:

There was a good thread on booking notes on the main forum but essentially if people are of the same level in push never use it as they'll get 50/50ish booking anyway. Its apparently more if you want to make someone a level or two below look equal so yes it should in theory give the lower guy a boost and as long as the top guy doesn't lose i don't think it'll piss him off.

It won't hurt the top guy's popularity, but it might damage his momentum more than working with a lesser guy normally would. This can be pretty easily fixed just by having him win big in storylines, though.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Oh, good. I can't actually afford to hire him long term, since he makes as much as my top four guys together. But I DO have some spare cash that I can toss at him for a few appearances. My thought is, I can put him into some limited program with a couple of guys I'm trying to get over, and he can work them to a good match and maybe they'll gain popularity from it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

So, in what probably shouldn't be much of a surprise, it turns out the damage tracker in UFC 2's career mode is sort of bullshitting you; I had a fight that went almost the full first round that saw me absorbing a dozen significant strikes followed immediately by a fight where the guy hit me once and I knocked him out in twenty seconds, and the bar went up by the same amount in both.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I'm getting the hang of UFC 2 a bit. A lot of matches end in the first minute but my first online team championship match went the full five rounds, me barely scraping a KO just as the round was about to close. The opponent learnt my tricks in the first two rounds and from then on kept his stomach guarded but when I went to try for a head blow he would sway backwards then counter punch. It was really satisfying to slowly wear him down then connect with my five star spinning head kick and have the dude finally go down after eating 10 times as much punishment as it usually takes to KO a dude.

Having trouble with submissions though, if the guy I'm against is good at submissions is there basically nothing I can do? I'm not good at clinching either, but I think I just need to work out which direction I should be countering in and in which position it's impossible to block.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

team overhead smash posted:

Having trouble with submissions though, if the guy I'm against is good at submissions is there basically nothing I can do? I'm not good at clinching either, but I think I just need to work out which direction I should be countering in and in which position it's impossible to block.

It really depends on your submission rating, his submission rating, yours and his stamina when you're applying it, and yeah, some people are just way better at getting out than others. Remember that your offensive and defensive stats can vary significantly for chokes and arm/leg locks. I'm pretty good at eventually getting submissions, though I usually screw up on my first attempt. Most players prefer to use the same two or three escape routes, so if you remember which ones they used the first time and you wait until later in the fight, they'll often try to escape in the same directions at first, which tends to make it easier for me. If, instead of me screwing it up, they get out of a few of my submission attempts easily on their own power, I usually abandon that plan and settle for ground and pound instead.

The clinch is by far the most important weapon for me on the feet. It's super easy, as far as I can tell, to just block and back away when you're wobbled by strikes on the outside, so I almost always try to clinch up to get in the decisive strike that'll knock them down. It's also way easier to take down good players via the clinch than by shooting in from the outside, since there are so many options. Honestly, I don't know how to counter anything in the clinch except certain takedowns, but even if you're at a grappling disadvantage, you can often interrupt your opponent's transitions by throwing an elbow or a knee, thus gaining the advantage back and transitioning to a better position. I don't think you can't block shots from the collar tie-up, but the strikes from there aren't dangerous. In the thai clinch, you defend elbows by holding R1 and knees (both to the body and the head) by holding R2. After defending you can immediately break the clinch or transition back to the single collar tie-up (unless they break your momentum with a small strike, I think, but that almost never happens).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dev talking about some ground game mechanics here

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10402843.page

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Dev talking about some ground game mechanics here

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10402843.page

quote:

You can get KO'd in side control, but you cannot block.

However, you cannot get KO'd while mid transition in side control, and the strikes will never kick you out of your transition.

When your opponent is mid strike, they are exposed to a grapple disadvantage.

So the best ways to escape in side control are to deny the DOM's submission/transition attempts and/or transition while your opponent is mid strike.

If you have low health, the best way to protect yourself from getting KO'd is to transition before the point of impact.

You'll take damage but never get KO'd.

I can't help feeling the fact that they have to write things like this repeatedly noting the inexplicable differences between positions should be telling them that they hosed up the grappling pretty hard.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Been back into Universe mode in 2K16 lately.

My retro IC title scene has been avenging history. It took a quarter century but Honky got the belt back from Warrior. He dropped it to Bret at Mania which set the stage for me cheating like a bastard as Bobby Heenan and helping a computer controlled Mr. Perfect avenge Summerslam 91. Playing as a manager rules. I hope they expand it in the next one.

The retro Wrestlemania main event was Austin winning the title from Andre the Giant. It was loving awesome.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Does the theme injector for 2k15 PC work on 2k16? The CAW themes suck.

(Also, why the hell have they never allowed the use of the licensed menu tracks as CAW entrance themes? Youth Gone Wild would be a pretty good one.)

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Does the theme injector for 2k15 PC work on 2k16? The CAW themes suck.

(Also, why the hell have they never allowed the use of the licensed menu tracks as CAW entrance themes? Youth Gone Wild would be a pretty good one.)

No because the hexes are mostly different and there are way more themes in 2k16 than there were in 15. The guy who made the 15 injector is planning on releasing a 16 version this weekend.

Also Smacktalks people have already figured out how to add 2k15 wrestlers to 16 without replacing dudes, though the "edit superstar" function still seems to crash on me all the time when dealing with a backported guy.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

How is Francesca 2 not a support card in Supercard yet, c'mon that's a real no-brainer.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Finally decided to jump back into WWE 2K16 after the initial nuking of my entire save thanks to the DLC glitch. Universe mode is both hysterical and awesome at times. HHH somehow won Money in the Bank against Ziggler, Ambrose, Reigns, Henry and Rollins because LOLHHH and at the moment Okada and Prince Puma are beating the ever living piss out of each other on NXT. I think I'm enjoying just watching the computer play the matches more than I am actually playing the matches themselves.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

Mar 21: Freestyle Angles

Freestyle angles are an addition to the booking screen that allow ultimate flexibility when it comes to writing your show, being a third way in addition to using pre-existing angles or creating your own custom versions.

The way they work is that you can quickly set up to eight participants, together with what they're rated on, whether they're on screen, and what the result of the angle is (i.e. who gains advantages, who loses out, etc). Essentially it's just like creating your own angle the normal way but without the need to deal with writing actual text or fiddling about with multiple versions to hold different amounts of people.

The advantage of this method is that its quick, involves no searching through the database to find something to suit your needs, and is very flexible. The downsides are that when the angle runs during the show there's no text as to what actually happened, as that only exists in your head. This therefore probably won't be used by those people who like a very tight simulation with exact details, but it should be of benefit to those who are happy to let their imagination fill in the gaps.

Mar 21: Dirty Doctor

Added to the backstage rules, companies can now employ a 'dirty doctor'. This morally ambivelant medico will be on hand backstage and will hand out illegal drugs to whichever workers want them. The spread of steroids has benefits for workers, including better looking bodies and the ability to heal quicker, so it can benefit a company to allow the dirty doctor backstage. However, there is the risk that his work will get rumbled by the media, leading to a potentially huge backlash - particularly if a wrestler who works for the company (or recently did) gets busted for drugs, or worse, ends up dying as a result of them.

Mar 21: Fog Of War By Player

In previous games the Fog Of War worked on a global level, i.e. every player got the same level for each worker. In TEW2016, this has been altered to work on a player level. This means, for example, that a player who has employed a specific worker for a few years will naturally have a better grasp of that worker's skills than another player who has never employed him because he's seeing him up close and personal over a long period of time.

Mar 21: Suspension Delay

When giving a suspension to a worker in PM mode it now takes effect from the end of the show, not immediately as it did before. This way the player can job the worker out before they disappear, which is both more realistic and allows titles to be taken off them first.

Freestyle angles are cool but Z PAKS! We can employ a shady as gently caress doctor

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Testekill posted:

Freestyle angles are cool but Z PAKS! We can employ a shady as gently caress doctor

I read nothing in that text that implies the Dirty Doctor will give the wrong kind of anti-biotics to a worker with a staph infection and refuse to treat it properly because he's an rear end in a top hat. :v:

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

UFC 2 question. One of the loading screen tips mentions watching an ad once a day to gain some in game money. Seems like the perfect thing to put on if I need to go to the toilet or grab a drink or whatever but I can't find where it is.

Edit: And how the hell do you get KO of the night bonuses? I've knocked out at least a dozen guys in career mode and not got it once, even from some cool as hell spinning head kicks and knees. Is it because I'm having to ground and pound them to finish them off?

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 21, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
2k16 Sound Injector released!

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
A Good Wrestling Game Company should make a Lucha Underground game and then just put crazy CAW stuff in it and then it would be the best wrestling game and I wouldn't want to buy 2k16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Testekill posted:

I can't wait to run the most carny, dangerous, unethical, wrestling promotion ever.