Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Coca Koala posted:

When you lose a game of League of Legends, you have two options:

1) You can say "poo poo, here are the places where I hosed up, if I had played better at those situations then probably the game would have been winnable"

c) You can say "My team was full of feeders, they're too heavy and I can't carry them."

What benefit do you get out of option C? You can't control your teammates. Even if you run with four other people every game, sometimes your teammates are just gonna feed.

If you take every game that you lose and look for moments where you misplayed, you'll be making the wrong choice far less often than if you blame your teammates and you'll improve a lot faster.

How are the options 1 and C and not like A/B or 1/2? This tilts me more than I would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How are the options 1 and C and not like A/B or 1/2? This tilts me more than I would expect.

Same.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
e: Me too.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Why not both. Learn from your teammates' mistakes as well as your own. Make the potatoes of some retroactive use.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

henkman posted:

It's more that no one in this thread is going to play perfect mechanically so that fantasy example will never exist

its also wrong. there are plenty of cases where some pro or challenger player starts at something that isnt challenger and goes 55-0 to get themselves back into it

Kashuno posted:

Even pro players don't have mechanically perfect games so there is always gently caress ups you made that you can improve on

and they will still win literally every plat game and below

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?
Good stuff to know re: Nasus. I get really afraid of playing him because of his potential for bad match-ups and my trend towards passivity -- like, I'm really bad at wanting to fight in top lane, I'm too afraid to learn the extents of my champion and then I get poo poo-stomped.

One of my first times playing Darius, it was into a Teemo and I was loving terrified until my friend was just like "just walk up to him and combo him" and then I won lane. :v:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

victorisham posted:

Good stuff to know re: Nasus. I get really afraid of playing him because of his potential for bad match-ups and my trend towards passivity -- like, I'm really bad at wanting to fight in top lane, I'm too afraid to learn the extents of my champion and then I get poo poo-stomped.

One of my first times playing Darius, it was into a Teemo and I was loving terrified until my friend was just like "just walk up to him and combo him" and then I won lane. :v:

Good Nasus matchup: sustain forever, press Q on things, maybe get a couple of kills when you're over 200. Team fight, splash carry faces in, split push.

Bad Nasus matchup: get bullied off of some early farm, press Q on things, then sustain forever and maybe get a couple of kills over 300. Team fight, splat carry faces in, split push.

I've played a ton of Nasus and the good matches are the ones you can mostly just ignore while you farm. The bad ones aren't too bad to deal with. You'll probably give up most of the gold and Q on a first wave but if you get pushed into your tower you're golden. His early game is aggressive basically never.

The other thing about Nasus is that if you can bore your opponent into roaming you can easily eat all of their towers. That's probably his biggest strength; he murders objectives.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What's a good champion that can play a couple different positions I can reliably pick? I was thinking Kayle for Top/Mid/JG but she's real FOTM now and gets picked/banned pretty often.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tequila Sunrise posted:

What's a good champion that can play a couple different positions I can reliably pick? I was thinking Kayle for Top/Mid/JG but she's real FOTM now and gets picked/banned pretty often.

Quinn is good.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Diana, Lulu, Trundle, Morgana, Annie

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I really like Morgana, maybe I'll start trying her mid/top. I'm just garbage with her.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I really like Morgana, maybe I'll start trying her mid/top. I'm just garbage with her.
TrAce from Jin Air is THE top Morgana player, but I don't know how much you want to watch Jin Air games. Here's my personal list of flex picks:

Karma (Top/Mid/Support): Good scaling, good wave clear, can make people totally miserable top lane because most champions don't deal with a ton of burst/harass well.
Nautilus (Top/Jungle/Mid/Support): Honestly one of the best all-around champions right now. Standard tank for Top/Jun/Support or you can build a bit of tanky AP mid. He roams super well and can push waves like a motherfucker with some AP.
Trundle (Top/Jungle/Support): Tank buster top and jungle with good engage, and he's a pretty good all-around support right now too.
Quinn (Top/Mid/ADC)
Graves (Top/Jungle/ADC)

Graves and Quinn are still pretty strong no matter where you put them. Quinn's blind and Grave's burst are really loving strong right now.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Does Karma still scale poorly? Or I guess does she just turn into a Shield/Speed boost bot?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

I'm gonna be really sad when they nerf zzrots. It helped me outfarm this Fiora.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Does Karma still scale poorly? Or I guess does she just turn into a Shield/Speed boost bot?
I'm gonna say two words and walk away.

Fat.
Karma.

No just kidding, she offers a lot of utility and can bully early game. She's not quite Lulu, but she's easier to play too. She falls off a lot harder late game so you play her if you want to win before 40 minutes. She's going to push almost every top laner out except for Kayle/Graves/Quinn

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 18, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Alright, how do I play against ZZrot? I was Teemo into a Malphite top, and I was like 3/0/1 (before I got camped by Voli JG and traded a few kills with them), but after that malphite got ZZrot I couldn't do anything. I couldn't burst him down fast enough, and if I left lane it would get ran through by minions. How do I deal with that poo poo if my JG isn't available?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Being an ADC is basically the only counter to ZZRot right now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cho'gath turns an enemy zz'rot into free biscuits until you destroy it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Are there any guides or videos that will teach me kindred, I want to play jingle since mod is really boring to me and my only other good role is marksman

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Foxdrop has some good guides and played a lot of Kindred late S5.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Arrgytehpirate posted:

foutre posted:

e: Me too.

you gotta learn to let go of the little things.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

crafting is dumb.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

nocturne top/mid/jungle

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

Are there any guides or videos that will teach me kindred, I want to play jingle since mod is really boring to me and my only other good role is marksman

Look up Rush's Kindred solo queue games on youtube. He's one of the best Kindred players in the world, and he shows off some tricks like Q'ing back and forth over the wolves wall to take minimal damage

If you want to play that champ, it's basically necessary to spend 15m-1hr just doing solo clears in customs. The mechanics around leashing and kiting without resetting or taking damage are really finicky, and unlike most junglers, it's the difference between clearing at 90% hp and executing yourself.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I just made a fairly fun rune page for top lane darius. ArPen red/quints and scaling armour/MR Yellow/Blues. I won lane and the game vs. a Tryndamere, how much of a bad idea is it to continue using this idea?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Sounds pretty good just know that your scaling runes are weaker until level 6. While it may lose you all ins on other champions it's probably not too bad for darius. armor pen runes own and are very underrated

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If i was going to run scaling yellows on a champ who wasn't like Malphite or w/e it would be health yellows.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

Q'ing back and forth over the wolves wall to take minimal damage

:aaaaa:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

itsjustdrew posted:

I just made a fairly fun rune page for top lane darius. ArPen red/quints and scaling armour/MR Yellow/Blues. I won lane and the game vs. a Tryndamere, how much of a bad idea is it to continue using this idea?

Armor pen quints are one of the least-efficient runes in the game; there's a reason that armor pen reds are common, but quints aren't. Use attack speed quints instead, that's one of the most efficient runes.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

some interesting builds i saw tonight:

flash ignite poppy top rushing triforce - dont think this is a very good counter to singed, didn't really matter because it was a very easy win
grail > morello leblanc - at least he never ran out of mana, not a good build for getting kills

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Delete Zzrot and Teleport from the game.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://plays.tv/video/56eb7505b9998768a2

Plays tv is pretty cool

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

Armor pen quints are one of the least-efficient runes in the game; there's a reason that armor pen reds are common, but quints aren't. Use attack speed quints instead, that's one of the most efficient runes.

Thanks. Other than that, good idea?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

itsjustdrew posted:

Thanks. Other than that, good idea?

It seems fine, double-scaling runes are pretty common in toplane as long as you're not up against ridiculous early-game bullshit. But then we're getting into "I have a rune page for every matchup" territory.

If you're into the super min-max aspect, you'd want: scaling page, early defense vs AD, early defense vs AP. But this is something that's most applicable to people that play a lot of midlane: god help the summoner who has the same runepage for playing against Zed and Malzahar.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
As an example for a guide for "how to set up personalized runepages," I play support/jungle. Let's assume that I only use my runepages on these; anything for normals can get hosed.

With this role combo, about 90% of my games will be support. I'll play Janna in 75% of those; the rest, I'll play Nami or Alistar.

For the remaining 10% of games, I'll play a tank jungler.

The Janna runes I like are armor reds, armor yellows, AP blues, 2 AP/1 armor quint. I got this build by going on probuilds, looking at a bunch of different ones, and copying one that seemed reasonable.

Since this is my ~main~, it's worth it to me to have more than one runepage I can swap out. What's the weakness of the one I show currently? Well, by going all-in on armor with 0 MR, I'm super weak to lane bully mages: Nami, Sona, Zyra, Karma.

Fortunately, the page I want for them is also one that I use for Nami and Alistar: mixed MR and mana regen blues, armor reds, HP yellows, armor quints.

Junglers aren't something that you'll ever want more than one rune page per champion. Fighting blue buff is fighting blue buff, doesn't matter if Amumu or Lee Sin are on the other side of the jungle. I'll do something like attack speed reds, HP yellows, CDR blues (since neutral camps don't do magic damage), and armor quints.

That's 3 total runepages and it should cover me for whenever I play ranked.

In order of how much your role demands having multiple rune pages set up:

Mid (you are at a disadvantage if you don't have vs AP and vs AD pages)
Support
ADC (forgiven got rank 1 with one rune page for ADC and a second one for Thresh)
Jungle (you should never use more than one rune page for a jungler)

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
Seems reasonable, I used to have a fairly large Champion pool but since the 'new' draft pick system, I've fallen to singed, nasus and a few junglers (amumu, Rammus, WW, Vi.) So I need to re-learn some champs. I'm just not sure where to start, but that rune page seemed fun and my first thought of a champ that could work with ArPen was Dunkius.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

itsjustdrew posted:

Seems reasonable, I used to have a fairly large Champion pool but since the 'new' draft pick system, I've fallen to singed, nasus and a few junglers (amumu, Rammus, WW, Vi.) So I need to re-learn some champs. I'm just not sure where to start, but that rune page seemed fun and my first thought of a champ that could work with ArPen was Dunkius.

Vi scales really well off Arpen as well, since her ult comes online when Arpen noticeably outdoes flat AD.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
Wouldn't it also work alongside her W as well?

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
I had a great moment tonight. Video is a bit laggy since it's my first time recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI3Rqno5cHc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Does it capture music you play too or just the games sound

• Locked thread