Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

she does show up a ton though. prob one of the most frequent non cg, including mika, sachiko, and kaede in the second season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Zyxyz posted:

as if I'd last 5 seconds in e/n without just getting gassed lol
What's your deal and why are you posting like this outta nowhere after lurking for years.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Does Syoko make an appearance in CG?

yeah she bunks with koume

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

Kickass!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

Anastasia stays in the same building, too.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

You are very bitter.

i really dont like new gen even taking into account all the rinuzuki fan material there is

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does CG have thought-provoking takes on the idol industry cause that's what I unironically liked about OG iM@S.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sylphid posted:

Anastasia stays in the same building, too.

and rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrranko

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:gas:

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Bad Seafood posted:

What's your deal and why are you posting like this outta nowhere after lurking for years.

I thought I should try to delurk for once and then forgot that that's a terrible idea b/c I'm a sadbrains retard w/zero social skills and just a terrible person in general, and I can't actually interact with people without self-destructing and being an rear end for literally no reason

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Does idol talk offend you my good friend Sakura.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Zyxyz posted:

I thought I should try to delurk for once and then forgot that that's a terrible idea b/c I'm a sadbrains retard w/zero social skills and just a terrible person in general, and I can't actually interact with people without self-destructing and being an rear end for literally no reason

Ah yes. You'd fit in well here

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

thank you for the helpful information, subs. i will not forget how you helped me understand these things

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Zyxyz posted:

if you really didn't care you wouldn't be replying to me in the first place, I know you're all laughing at me behind my back you dont have to lie to me

Wat

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Just finished episode 26 of Eureka Seven and I am glad that Renton and Eureka have reunited after so long.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
here's my analysis of sailor moon based off of the first episode: good, cute, fun, a cool show

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Just finished episode 26 of Eureka Seven and I am glad that Renton and Eureka have reunited after so long.

Anemone is the best.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Me and Anzu disagree most strongly on Uzuki / Rin / Mio, as even in Mio's moping episode (easily the worst episode of the show, but I don't think it's *that* bad), I am pretty cool with New Gens in general (I'd rank them Rin > Uzuki > Mio).

They are kind of boring idols in terms of personality, but I usually quite like vanilla-ish characters anyway.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eureka SeveN was a really good show, the first anime I marathoned.

I skipped classes in uni to do so.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Zyxyz posted:

I've been telling myself for years, "Don't post on SA, you'll just have a meltdown again and everyone will make fun of you and you'll be out :10bux: for nothing"...I should have just stuck to that, but of course I have to ruin everything lmao

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man I go off to play Starlight Stage and SIF for half an hour and the chat thread implodes on me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

here's my analysis of sailor moon based off of the first episode: good, cute, fun, a cool show

It's cool S is the best season though

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Eureka SeveN was a really good show, the first anime I marathoned.

I skipped classes in uni to do so.

I'm glad you like it because it is one of my favorites and I still remember doing the same thing when I first watched it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sylphid posted:

Me and Anzu disagree most strongly on Uzuki / Rin / Mio, as even in Mio's moping episode (easily the worst episode of the show, but I don't think it's *that* bad), I am pretty cool with New Gens in general (I'd rank them Rin > Uzuki > Mio).

They are kind of boring idols in terms of personality, but I usually quite like vanilla-ish characters anyway.

I feel like you need to have some generic-ish main characters for a series like this. Like, LL has Honoka and iM@S has Haruka.

And that doesn't mean the generic characters can't be interesting. Like I've stated, Haruka's arc was actually a lot more interesting than I expected.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I've never seen avatar the not James Cameron movie TV show, but legend of kora is fun for a beat em up game.

Thank you for reading this review

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

I'm glad you like it because it is one of my favorites and I still remember doing the same thing when I first watched it

I don't exactly know what pulled me into it so hard or why I started watching in the first place, but it was just a good series overall. Watching Renton grow as a person, connect with Eureka, see the entire crew mature as people and stop running away, etc. etc. was all great.

I'm not sure if I'd ever rewatch it but I have good memories of it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdafs2bnrTQ

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was also rooting for Anemone and Dominic all the way.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ugh should have resisted that nap earlier, now I can't get to sleep

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I don't exactly know what pulled me into it so hard or why I started watching in the first place, but it was just a good series overall. Watching Renton grow as a person, connect with Eureka, see the entire crew mature as people and stop running away, etc. etc. was all great.

I'm not sure if I'd ever rewatch it but I have good memories of it.

The reasons you said are exactly the reasons I love it. I also really loved the atmosphere of the world because they had so much time to build it up and give it a personality and then when everything starts happening it had a much bigger impact on me

also the music is ace

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's cool S is the best season though

i'll find out how correct this is myself, in 45 episodes

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I was also rooting for Anemone and Dominic all the way.

:yeah:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I'm really excited to see lorv's reactions to things as he gets farther in

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dryzen posted:

I'm really excited to see lorv's reactions to things as he gets farther in

I will be sure to not post about them :twisted:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

The reasons you said are exactly the reasons I love it. I also really loved the atmosphere of the world because they had so much time to build it up and give it a personality and then when everything starts happening it had a much bigger impact on me

also the music is ace

I'm glad it was 52 episodes cause it meant there was no need to cram poo poo and instead give it time to breathe.

Yeah I loved the music. I especially loved the 4th or 5th OP?

I like it when anime OPs incorporate church choir-ish music.

Also I loved the... electro music? This stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csvg2ZD2KvY

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna watch eureka seven someday, because it seems really cool. i just don't really have the time for it and every other show i want to get through right now

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

littleorv posted:

I will be sure to not post about them :twisted:

:(

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Zyxyz posted:

Might help your image a bit if you considered posting about something other than your alleged sadbrains.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

i'm gonna watch eureka seven someday, because it seems really cool. i just don't really have the time for it and every other show i want to get through right now

It's cool, it ain't going anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tfw you realize you might actually like robots...

• Locked thread