Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Dr Christmas posted:

Idea for a small mod: Allow the option to use an action to reload a gun with an autoloader if you want so you can save autoloader charges for combat.

WHY is the default not to just *ADD* a button for free reload instead of *REPLACING* regular reload?
This blows my mind, some of the decisions they made when making the UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm pretty sure its an intentional balance decision.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I just had my evac coordinates moved on my last turn and of course they were moved outside my move range. Thanks Central...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I had the game move my evac point before anyone had taken a turn before. That was weird.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Literally Esoteric posted:

WHY is the default not to just *ADD* a button for free reload instead of *REPLACING* regular reload?
This blows my mind, some of the decisions they made when making the UI.

Why not?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So first proper mission, got to blow up a relay, so I deploy, kill the initial aliens I can see, blow it up, see reinforcements coming and decide "That wasn't the mission objective, time to go" and apparently evaccing is a mission fail? Should I reload and just go for the kill all aliens route?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yes. You want to kill all the aliens on missions that tell you too. Completing the objective alone counters the dark event but if you extract before killing all the aliens you won't get to keep any corpses.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes. You want to kill all the aliens on missions that tell you too. Completing the objective alone counters the dark event but if you extract before killing all the aliens you won't get to keep any corpses.

To be flat, that's really counter productive to how this game was marketed. At least from my perspective.

EDIT: Are there any recommended abilities like Squadsight was in the last game?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just get the one that isnt Blast Padding or Demolish.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Onmi posted:

To be flat, that's really counter productive to how this game was marketed. At least from my perspective.

Yeah I agree, I'm starting to work on modding in a different style for most missions, instead of being able to win a map, reinforcements build up exponentially once you break concealment, so you're forced to complete the objective ASAP before you're overwhelmed. Probably going to need a lot of balance work, but I think it could be a lot of fun once it's done.

Baby steps though, have never used Kismet or UnrealScript before, although I think I can do near everything in Kismet just overriding the Mission Maps.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is there an option I missed somewhere to make the game start me off with people from my character pool? It always gives me all randos in my squad (not including the purchasable ones at HQ, which do pull from the pool) when I start a new game and I'm wondering if there's a way to make it pull from my character pool instead.

edit: Figured it out using the first comment on this reddit thread after some intense google-fu.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 18, 2016

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Onmi posted:

there is a mod on the workshop that makes it so you don't lose a region if you 'fail' (i.e. don't kill all the aliens) a mission

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't like how supply raids are presented as just opportunities for some loot when they're apparently as dangerous to the resistance as retaliations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maluco Marinero posted:

Yeah I agree, I'm starting to work on modding in a different style for most missions, instead of being able to win a map, reinforcements build up exponentially once you break concealment, so you're forced to complete the objective ASAP before you're overwhelmed. Probably going to need a lot of balance work, but I think it could be a lot of fun once it's done.

Baby steps though, have never used Kismet or UnrealScript before, although I think I can do near everything in Kismet just overriding the Mission Maps.

I'm fairly certain that certain missions that require you to extract don't have a limit on how many aliens appear via the reinforcements mechanic.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think it's because if you don't follow up the aliens are able to scatter the exposed guerrilla fighters, but yeah it should be more clear that ignoring those has consequences. I think I tried ignoring one on my first playthrough.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Kwyndig posted:

I'm fairly certain that certain missions that require you to extract don't have a limit on how many aliens appear via the reinforcements mechanic.

Looking at the code it generally hard caps. That said though, what I'm talking about is making literally every mission require extraction, except for maybe the supply missions.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Moola posted:

modding is hard

Why does my custom ability show up as MISSING TEMPLATE! even though I added text for it in the Localization file? :(

I can confirm that modding is hard.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Maluco Marinero posted:

Looking at the code it generally hard caps. That said though, what I'm talking about is making literally every mission require extraction, except for maybe the supply missions.

Does the Avenger Assault also cap?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
So I just discovered that disoriented Codexes don't clone when shot. Time to seriously rethink my grenade / flashbang ratio.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Onmi posted:

Does the Avenger Assault also cap?

I haven't looked at that yet, but judging by people's mission end screenshots probably not. :D

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

This looked neat. Resistance base assault https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647242867

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

I choose to interpret this as a suggestion for the next run

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Which reminds me. There are a bunch of vague briefing recordings for Gatecrasher, as though they were originally intended for a mission type where you regularly bombed things in city centers, but was later removed to make your team feel less like terrorists.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fintilgin posted:

Which reminds me. There are a bunch of vague briefing recordings for Gatecrasher, as though they were originally intended for a mission type where you regularly bombed things in city centers, but was later removed to make your team feel less like terrorists.

If they dont want us to be terrorist, then why me an xcom have shredder cannon?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They made me a terrorist the moment they added the pudding man enemies and I am not apologetic about it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Also take the commanders vest mod :D

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

If no one else suggests mods, here's a second to balance out Grimy's Loot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626109271

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
Is there a Yuri from Red Alert 2 voice pack yet and if not why not???

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Lprsti99 posted:

If no one else suggests mods, here's a second to balance out Grimy's Loot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626109271

Do the one with all aliens too! :D

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Lprsti99 posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not starting a new game until tomorrow at any rate, so we'll see if we get another suggester.

LowellDND posted:

Do the one with all aliens too! :D
I don't know what that is.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

Is there a Yuri from Red Alert 2 voice pack yet and if not why not???

Your command is my wish! (This would be nifty as hell, amazed that Boris gets a go and Yuri doesn't).

Pack looks good, and turning everybody into a twisted fire-starter is fun times, but I do hope for something a little more meaty for the last two bits of DLC.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

I don't know what that is.

Pretty sure this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640556389

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

Moogle posted:

Your command is my wish! (This would be nifty as hell, amazed that Boris gets a go and Yuri doesn't).

Pack looks good, and turning everybody into a twisted fire-starter is fun times, but I do hope for something a little more meaty for the last two bits of DLC.

Another comrade joins us

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Yup! I'm on my phone so it's tricky pulling up the links.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Moogle posted:

But can you do one with Kane? :D

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
Well after the Anarchy's Children launch the game crashes on startup for me. I took the threads advice and uninstalled a bunch of voice packs, I now have less mods than before but still no dice. I also verified the game cache and restarted the computer but it's not helping. Anybody have any ideas? I hate to be that guy begging for tech advice in the thread but I really need to go make some shirtless soldiers.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fintilgin posted:

Uh Excuse me I'm not a Terrorist, I'm fighting to free humanity from the aliens. I'm a Freedom Fighter.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Away all Goats posted:

Uh Excuse me I'm not a Terrorist, I'm fighting to free humanity from the aliens. I'm a Freedom Fighter.

Im not saying Shen's final gift is tac-nuke Shivs, but I want some tac-nuke Shivs.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Uh guys

http://i.imgur.com/WmUW0Dk

I have no idea what happened, all I did was remove some mods, now I can't change skin tones, even in the character pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well... crap.

I had a look in the packages for the downloads. There's definitely a nude female torso in there too. :v: get ready for a barrage of them in the workshop.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 18, 2016