Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x04

Melvin's getting his Gladiator outfit :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

2x04

Jesus Christ, just drill into the punishers feet why don't you

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

2x04

One Batch, Two Batch, Penny and Dime

childrens book :(

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

X-O posted:

Alright 2x04 is starting and it will be my last for tonight. Because there's just no way I can stop after the amazingness of 2x03.

Quoting this for when you start episode 5 in about 20 minutes because holy poo poo

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Axel Serenity posted:

Quoting this for when you start episode 5 in about 20 minutes because holy poo poo

Literally can't because I have work. The rest will have to wait until late tonight after I come home and sleep for a while.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ep 4:

Frank's monologue is one of the most heartbreaking things on tv. Jesus. But man Joe Bernthal is nailing it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x04

I really like how they've handled the romance between Matt and Karen. It's slow and awkward and real and makes the CW's CONSTANT! DRAMATIC! CONVERSATIONS! look like trash

I have to run to the shop to buy food now godammit

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Rarity posted:

2x04

I really like how they've handled the romance between Matt and Karen. It's slow and awkward and real and makes the CW's CONSTANT! DRAMATIC! CONVERSATIONS! look like trash

I have to run to the shop to buy food now godammit

To be fair, they have twice as many episodes to fill, which means they have to drag out and play up certain aspects for length. Not saying it's always a good thing, but Netflix's 13-ep order is definitely a strength here.

Also ELEKTRA, BITCHES!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Alright. Almost 6AM. Time for food then Episode 5. poo poo. So far this has topped the poo poo out of Season 1 for me.

The first 4 episode Punisher narrative arc made a real nice mini-movie. So. loving. Good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Axel Serenity posted:

Ep 4:

Frank's monologue is one of the most heartbreaking things on tv. Jesus. But man Joe Bernthal is nailing it

Yeah, I agree. That monologue was amazing.

The first four episodes are near perfection as far as telling a great story. Also provides a natural ending point for tonight.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

2x01
That fight with the Punisher at the end was great! And I agree with an earlier poster, it's a bit strange for the Punisher to be shooting up a hospital.

Also, Deborah Ann Woll still smokin hot, I see.

2x02
Oh, pawn shop dude, you done went and fuuuuuuuuuucked up!

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 18, 2016

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

God it is a nightmare having to be at work at 6am today. I was thinking about staying up last night until I realized that the episodes wouldn't drop until 3am EST, and now I'm stuck here looking at all of these black boxes of what seems to be rave reviews of the first few episodes.

loving killing me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x05

Foggy is the best Foggy. There is no need for any other Foggys because this one is right here

e: Dat gym flashback :stare::fh:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Mar 18, 2016

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
It's 10:20 here in Oz, I just ploughed through the first four episodes and am now tossing up between going to bed or making another hot totty and keep going.

Jon Bernthal is amazing,

2x04

Dat monologue :stare:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ep5:

Definitely slows things down a bit, but I do enjoy Elektra and the back story so far. And yes, Foggy and Lawyer Wife are the best

Also, along the CW lines, Elektra reminds me a lot of Nyssa al Ghul on Arrow. That is not a bad thing imo

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 18, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:f5h::byodood:
God, they loving plan for these episodes to end in ways that force you to click the "next" button.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

2x03
Not sure if this would count as a spoiler, so I'll choose safe over sorry.
I like the small details that point to Frank being a former Marine. The haircut, using a Ka-Bar knife, etc.

Goddammit, Frank! Get that loving gun out of the waistband of your pants!

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 18, 2016

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

BrianWilly posted:

:f5h::byodood:
God, they loving plan for these episodes to end in ways that force you to click the "next" button.

Yeah. I can't complain though. It's a really awesome season so far.

Ep6:

Just began but it is definitely getting a more comic booky vibe which is a little jarring, but the underlying plot hinted in the first four eps is starting to come into light. Also yay more Punisher.

I don't know much about Marvel but is Elektra supposed to be slightly unhinged? She seems to play it that way.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x05

Elektra is psycho hot AND HOLY poo poo SHE KNOWS HE'S DAREDEVIL AAAA

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
6:
I really like how they keep emphasizing the law firm troubles, too. I know it ties into his Daredevil work, but a lot of comic book shows eventually seem to ignore the alter-ego lives after like two eps. The turmoil over the DA offices and for Nelson & Murdoch to represent Castle seems like a genuine struggle, and it's nice to see.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Beginning of 2x06
Ah, I was right. They cut out a ton from the Yakuza fight preview clip they had released. The whole version flows much better. Kudos!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this is a big improvement on season 1

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Starting in on Ep7:
I like Castle a lot more than Elektra so far, but I am super curious how they tie together with the D.A. The mystery this season is really well written. Also never thought I'd campaign for The Punisher as an Emmy nom but goddamn he is good.

Loving the legal mixture into things. Also that Castle's theme is basically the Inception foghorn a bunch of times

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Barely started and through episode one only, but given that I've been watching Arrow, and The Flash, and The Walking Dead and the like ... holy goddamn, I'd almost forgotten shows could be this good. The new House of Cards was a huge improvement over its last season and all, but holy poo poo is this great.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The DA lady sucks so bad. All of her scenes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x07

I hate it when Daddy and Daddy are fighting :cry:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Finished Ep7:
Holy poo poo things are picking up. I have no idea where they are going with this but I need to find out.

Also, I really, really don't like Elektra. Not her acting or anything because that's great, but I had no idea she was absolutely bonkers. Like, what the gently caress with the medical examiner? Or, like, everything. They could really stand o tell Karen about him being Daredevil, too. People get annoyed at other shows about that, but Daredevil seems to want to continue the trend of bad relationship drama for some reason.

Still, this show is really loving good. It's going full steam now and doesn't seem like it's going to let up.

E: holy gently caress ep8's opening :stare:

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 18, 2016

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x08

Aw yeah loving ninjas

e: Holy poo poo this show is amazing

Rarity fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 18, 2016

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Goddamn, I stopped to make some chips and now I've fallen behind.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

The pace has slowed down a lot from the first four episodes, but then

2x09
Hey there Kingpin

Oh, gently caress.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

The DA lady sucks so bad. All of her scenes

Yeah.

The water towers are the true victims of this show.

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
2 x 05 "we lost all our servers during 'The Incident'", "Jessica Jones", "Roxxon"....

Just gonna throw these random statements around to remind you of the bigger MCU
*squeeee*!!!

Possibly overuse of spoiler tags, but rather be safe than sorry

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can't say enough good things about Bernthal. Holy poo poo, is he perfect.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

2x08

I saw the hot tea joke coming, but I appreciated it all the same.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished the first 4 eps and they were cool as hell. Best Marvel season so far if it carries on like this

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Finished the first 4 eps and they were cool as hell. Best Marvel season so far if it carries on like this

I made it through the first 3 before I had to leave for work. Never before have I lamented being gainfully employed. :(

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just finished 2x08, holy gently caress it's Fisk

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Episode 8:
Oh gently caress this show just went off the loving rails. Ninjas. Stick. Black Sky. Punisher on trial.

and then MOTHER loving KINGPIN! YESSSSS

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

2x09:
Daredevil Season Two: Hallway Part Three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x08 ending

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLKKFY gently caress SWEET JESUS IT#S FISK :supaburn::neckbeard::supaburn::neckbeard::supaburn::neckbeard: