Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wamdoodle posted:

I'm sure that you don't have to use your taint to use it but I appreciate the option to do so.

Better start working on your kegels now if you want to be ready by the holiday release!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been watching videos of 80s Zx spectrum games at work

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Lol it's like someone looked at the patent documents and made a mockup exactly to spec, as if patent documents aren't made specifically to be uselessly vague.

I'm dense and can't tell if you're joking about patent documents being uselessly vague... That is the exact opposite of what they are.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Nobody drinks alcohol for the taste, it's just something alcoholics say to rationalize their drinking and snobs say to justify spending exponentially more for fancy wines that they can't even tell apart under double blind testing.

Just sac up, feel the burn, and enjoy the social lubrication.

Once me and some friends made a batch of milk liquer and an illustrator friend mocked up hi-def versions of the LonLon ranch bottle labels for them, it was pretty great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PantsBandit posted:

There's been rumors about the NX being some kind of touch-screen controller for months now. I don't know why you'd be so quick to assume this is fake.

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I been watching videos of 80s Zx spectrum games at work

Old games are cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Nobody drinks alcohol for the taste, it's just something alcoholics say to rationalize their drinking and snobs say to justify spending exponentially more for fancy wines that they can't even tell apart under double blind testing.
and that's a bingo!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Pumpkin ale is very tasty actually. Alcohol Is Good, you just need to understand that it's an acquired taste and maybe pair it with some decent food.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Old games are cool

Yeah, and old game magazines are even cooler

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

lol Nintendo submits patents for a touchscreen display controller and also there is a ton of scuttlebutt that their next controller will be a touchscreen display controller but you're right it's totally, completely unfathomable that a picture of a touchscreen display controller could be legit lol

whether this specific picture is real or not I imagine the real thing is going to look pretty drat similar to this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Pumpkin ale is very tasty actually. Alcohol Is Good, you just need to understand that it's an acquired taste and maybe pair it with some decent food.
Games/GBS goons have a pavlovian negative reaction to the taste of alcohol because it makes them think of normies, socializing, going outside etc.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

So vague.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sleeveless posted:

cider tastes good you idiot

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

PantsBandit posted:

lol Nintendo submits patents for a touchscreen display controller and also there is a ton of scuttlebutt that their next controller will be a touchscreen display controller but you're right it's totally, completely unfathomable that a picture of a touchscreen display controller could be legit lol

whether this specific picture is real or not I imagine the real thing is going to look pretty drat similar to this.

Nintendo has done a lot of really loving dumb design decisions in the past, but they can't possibly be this dumb

...can they? :ohdear:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

corn in the bible posted:

cider tastes good you idiot

Oh yeah this too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
cocktails also taste good as do all sorts of other alcoholic drinks. also just because you can't tell all the different wines apart doesnt mean nobody likes how wine tastes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Who could forget the DualBall controller?

Sleeveless posted:

Hey everyone! Nobody actually likes [extremely popular thing]!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sleeveless posted:

Nobody drinks alcohol for the taste

Hahaha many people drink booze for the flavor you dingus

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Well, I don't drink alcohol because of the flavour. :smug:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Mak0rz posted:

Nintendo has done a lot of really loving dumb design decisions in the past, but they can't possibly be this dumb

...can they? :ohdear:

Eh, there's still months to go until the E3 reveal and even then controllers go through a lot of iterations. That controller looks pretty awkward to me if it is real but I don't doubt the reports that Nintendo has been looking for a way to merge the mobile and home console markets, especially since Japan has very little interest in the latter anymore.

I imagine the controller screen will just be a secondary option, like the Wii U tablet now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm going to rename this thread Contrarian Crew Clubhouse.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Good morning games/drink chat thread. Still thinking about buying Just Cause 3, anyone know if it's still buggy or whatever?

StashAugustine posted:

last i heard it was buggy as poo poo on PC, c/d?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fair

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Also I have not tried cider of any kind, may as well give that a shot this weekend too, what the hell

(ed)

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Mixed drinks are indeed prolly the way to go if you don't like the taste of any alcohol. :words:
Thanks!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
40s go down smoooooothe, follow the blueprint.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I got more mixed drinks recipes if u think u can handle em.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FactsAreUseless posted:

Considering nobody is painting anything anymore, why not?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the only drink a Man needs

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Please don't.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the only drink a Man needs

The good old days, sat underneath the pier passing a bottle of that around

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mordja posted:

40s go down smoooooothe, follow the blueprint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atM3YXc6dlQ

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Games don't simulate alcohol very well. It's all blurry vision, maybe skewed controls, maybe awful ragdoll trips, but where's the feeling of boisterous bonhomie?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
If a drink is weak enough to actually taste good then it doesn't count. Just min/max your drinking with grain alcohol shots.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Games don't simulate alcohol very well. It's all blurry vision, maybe skewed controls, maybe awful ragdoll trips, but where's the feeling of boisterous bonhomie?
:byodood: YELLOW CAR!!!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Witcher 3

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

If a drink is weak enough to actually taste good then it doesn't count. Just min/max your drinking with grain alcohol shots.
Also, it's stupid to eat food when you can just drink Soylent.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Does the not-UK have Bucksfast

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Does the not-UK have Bucksfast

im proud to be from the Buckfast Triangle

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Jay Rust posted:

If you manage to drink over the 4 40 ounces allowed in your inventory in Saints Row 2 you proceed to barf for a solid minute and it rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

codenameFANGIO posted:

If you manage to drink over the 4 40 ounces allowed in your inventory in Saints Row 2 you proceed to barf for a solid minute and it rules

That game takes an interesting approach to drunk driving as well, every time you turn, the camera will swing more wildly around your car and take longer to recenter itself.

• Locked thread