Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
guys this season is so loving gooooood why are you going to work instead of watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

2x09 Frank in the cell block, oh my god

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Just started. Costume looks good, fights look amazing, and Punisher is a villain. Three check boxes ticked for me.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
From those of us stuck at work - thanks for correctly using spoiler tags all.

Impressions seem good so far!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Holy hell, Clancy Brown is in all this poo poo

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Goddamn I am loving this season so far. On Episode 06 now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

EP 203

So was the stairwell fight supposed to be Hallway fight pt 2? because that poo poo was bonkers :black101:

Show hit the ground running, and isn't letting up at all.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 18, 2016

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ep9:
Man, they weren't kidding with this season being gory. Between Frank's cell block tango and the human blood bags, this was straight hosed up. But awesome. :stare:

I loved the way they revealed the Punisher logo. gently caress yeah!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
People on this page need to remember to add episode numbers to their spoiler tags.

2x09

This is just getting ridiculous with how much they're packing into each episode now. I'm finding Elektra to be the most interesting part of the show, while the Punisher is a step beyond Matt I think she's a much better mirror to Matt's internal struggle between light and dark.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

X-O posted:

Yeah, I agree. That monologue was amazing.

The first four episodes are near perfection as far as telling a great story. Also provides a natural ending point for tonight.

I stopped after 4 as well and it's basically a really good standalone set. The guy playing the Punisher is really, really good and I hope he doesn't get killed off because a spin off show or movie with him would definitely be worth watching.

I think Jessica Jones still reigns supreme in terms of critical approval especially for its depiction of abuse and trauma but this second season is undoubtedly the best 'superhero' series/movie in the MCU so far.

From the first four episodes,

Hallway part 2: The stairway and the conversation between Matt and Frank on the rooftop and at the cemetery are the best things so far.

Matt just settling in and chilling out on the grass was just :3:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Just finished 2-01. Jesus you guys move fast.

If I have one problem with the show so far it's that the suit still makes Daredevil look a little bulky and less ninja-y. You can tell it's slowing him down. Still enjoyed the Punisher fight at the end. They didn't waste any time making him look like an utter loving monster.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x10

That scene between Matt and Fisk was absolutely stunning. D'Onofrio is perfect :stare:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Episode four. Matt and Karen have surprisingly good chemistry

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Four. The new mask looks a lot better

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jon Bernthal is good.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love all of the Marvel movies but drat the quality of the Netflix stuff is leagues above most of them. Luke Cage is gonna rule so loving hard. Also for those who have seen it most of the way through, is this Punisher worthy of his own show?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

I love all of the Marvel movies but drat the quality of the Netflix stuff is leagues above most of them. Luke Cage is gonna rule so loving hard. Also for those who have seen it most of the way through, is this Punisher worthy of his own show?

They need to recast Luke because he sucked rear end in JJ along with the rest of that show

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think they said they want to make a Punisher show though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

episodes 3 and 4 are a one two punch of near perfect tv.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Marvel and Netflix execs seem to think so, there's been talk of a Punisher spin-off series.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ep10:
God I missed Fisk. Vincent is so loving good in the role.

Time for ninjas in a hospital and creepy zombie kids!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Scyantific posted:

Marvel and Netflix execs seem to think so, there's been talk of a Punisher spin-off series.

Oh I know, I guess what I mean is if you think he's a solid actor and can carry a show on his own.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, the Punisher could definitely carry his own series. His own brutal, gory murderthon of a series.

2x10

What the gently caress is up with those zombie kids ewwwww :gonk:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Oh I know, I guess what I mean is if you think he's a solid actor and can carry a show on his own.

Yeah I definitely feel that Bernthal can carry a Punisher solo series.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

OldTennisCourt posted:

Also for those who have seen it most of the way through, is this Punisher worthy of his own show?

I am not a huge Punisher fan, but I would definitely watch a show based on this version of him.

I'm surprised by just how graphic his scenes have been so far.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x11

eeeeee they got back Madame Gao too :neckbeard:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
2x01 Goddamn that was a amazing first episode. I love them making the Punisher like some horror movie monster, that was great. I also loved the fight at the end with him just barely getting the drop on Matt. It also sets the limits that no Matt is not invulnerable

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy loving fuckballs.

2x03

THAT loving FIGHT SCENE. Cox wasn't lying about that being that Season 1 fight on crack. :stare:

I hope Punisher gets his own series. Not only is the portrayal strong enough, MORE MARVEL NETFLIX SHOWS PLEASE AND THANKS.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

BrianWilly posted:

Preview clip of a Yakuza fight.

It's...uh...it's not that good? :sweatdrop: I feel like portions of it got cut out or something. I dunno. Is it the choreography itself? Something seems off about it.

tooterfish posted:

No, I feel you. The cadence seems off, and the hits lack impact.

Not a patch on the original season's fight choreography IMO.

This new choreography is a bit, dare I say it, Joss Whedony. Lots of lovely low impact backfists and other various spinny poo poo, absolutely zero footwork (Daredevil is seriously off balance for a lot of the fight), and landed but blocked blows don't seem to have any affect on either of the protagonists. It just doesn't look right.

Hi. I just watched episode 3. Whaddya say now chuckles? :colbert:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ep11:
drat, that scene with Karen and Frank. Another awesome dialogue piece.

Ready for Stick v. Elektra now, though. This is gonna own

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So whats the consensus, I slept in early last night and been at work all day today. Better than season 1?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The REAL Goobusters posted:

So whats the consensus, I slept in early last night and been at work all day today. Better than season 1?

Only on episode 4, but wouldn't say better yet, WOULD say "as good" which is to say goddamn incredible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I couldn't pick between the two if I tried, it's still awesome.

2x12

I hope at some point that Harlan started paying Karen a salary :v:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Nice thats what I wanted to hear. I saw someone post on twitter that they were disappointed or something so I just wanted to make sure

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

net cafe scandal posted:

They need to recast Luke because he sucked rear end in JJ along with the rest of that show

You're the wrongest of wrong. And stop double posting. Use the edit button.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im not wrong. The actor read his lines incredibly poorly.. luckily th emain cast of Daredevil are a lot better for the most part.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my God.

2x04

This is the best, most sympathetic Punisher portrayal there's ever been. God drat, Frank. :cry:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

2x13 Ahaha Hogarth!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ep12:
drat I should have guessed the identity of Blacksmith sooner. Still, setting up Punisher's solo series realllly hard. And YAY CHAIN GUN! :neckbeard:

Nice thats what I wanted to hear. I saw someone post on twitter that they were disappointed or something so I just wanted to make sure

I dunno what those people are saying. I think everything is much smoother this season. Better pacing overall, incredible cast, and solid action throughout. Everything ties together quite nicely, though, season-wide, Punisher and Elektra's storylines do seem pretty separate from each other where I thought they would connect somehow. Still, they are both very engaging once they get going.

e: ep13
Melvin fuckin' owns.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Season 2 Episode 3 Wow this is so much better than the version of the comic they borrowed it from. This was from a issue of The Punisher that had him do the same thing to Matt. Tied up with a gun and being forced to kill him.