Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

StandardVC10 posted:

It's been so long since I read the early chapters that I don't remember what this is calling back.

She tans realllly easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Artificer posted:

She tans realllly easily.

Well I knew that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

StandardVC10 posted:

Well I knew that.
Sunlight makes her tan really badly really quickly. The principal is reflecting sunlight with a mirror and laser-etching "idiot" onto her cheek.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I thought you were saying there was a callback to an incident where someone wrote something on her using the sun. It was a clever reveal that it wasn't pen, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a callback.

Either way, still a clever gag.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SpacePig posted:

I thought you were saying there was a callback to an incident where someone wrote something on her using the sun. It was a clever reveal that it wasn't pen, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a callback.

Either way, still a clever gag.

fuckin' goons

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-03-18/my-monster-secret-actually-i-am-manga-has-important-announcement-on-thursday/.99956

Please don't end yet

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Please be a series of ovas to wash down that terrible anime.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It would be a good run

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also we're like 30 chapters behind the raws, so we have a ways to go.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Live action movie announcement. :unsmigghh:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Don't even joke about that.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

You're very close.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wat

Well that's out of the blue

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

My guess was half joke/half serious. I had no idea this was a thing. Also from reading the article I never knew that Gurren Lagann had a stage play. :stare:

Re-Kan also had a stage play but I can see that working.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Wut.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Not an emptyquote.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am happy

It means it wasn't an ending announcement!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'm intrigued just to see how they handle mini-aizawa

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Inflammatory posted:

i'm intrigued just to see how they handle mini-aizawa

Like one of these but on the back of her head screw.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Just have a regular-sized actress on top of an enormous paper mache head.

You can still have other characters, they just need to constantly be explaining how far in the distance they are.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Explosions posted:

Just have a regular-sized actress on top of an enormous paper mache head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZ0upDwd-c

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

That's far more disturbing than it should be.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

buzmeg posted:

That's far more disturbing than it should be.

maybe because the dudes look like they're in their 30's

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#c1fcbd7999826973 Chapter 115.5 omake.

Sorry, no new chapter this week. Stuff got delayed/people got sick/RL shenanigans. New chapter next week.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Tarage posted:

http://bato.to/reader#c1fcbd7999826973 Chapter 115.5 omake.

Sorry, no new chapter this week. Stuff got delayed/people got sick/RL shenanigans. New chapter next week.

No worries. You're doing this for free (and, technically, illegally) so we can't expect you to deliver every week. We apperciate what you do and are more than willing to wait for next week's deliverable while simultaneously supporting the official release when it does release.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
huh, so the teacher is capable of receiving love, though probably not the kind she wants

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Covok posted:

No worries. You're doing this for free (and, technically, illegally) so we can't expect you to deliver every week. We apperciate what you do and are more than willing to wait for next week's deliverable while simultaneously supporting the official release when it does release.

Woah, woah, woah -- speak for yourself! One more slip up and we're chaining you guys to a radiator.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I keep having to remind myself that Saki Minagawa is supposed to have a different twangy accent than Youko (I think you guys were shooting for Northern Minnesota?) But it's hard because I realize that I've heard exactly zero young girls with that, apparently in my mind it's dumpy middle aged folks all the way down!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

There Bias Two posted:

Woah, woah, woah -- speak for yourself! One more slip up and we're chaining you guys to a radiator.

How will they continue to release chapters if they're chained up? We got a good thing going here! Don't ruin it!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SpacePig posted:

How will they continue to release chapters if they're chained up? We got a good thing going here! Don't ruin it!

Agreed!

We should chain up their families instead, and hold them for ransome! :unsmigghh:

(Note: We shouldn't actually do this.)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Thank you for the clarification.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

CommissarMega posted:

Agreed!

We should chain up their families instead, and hold them for ransome! :unsmigghh:

(Note: We shouldn't actually do this.)

We take them and their families...

On a nice outing to the park. Force them to have a fun, worry-free day!

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

DrSunshine posted:

I keep having to remind myself that Saki Minagawa is supposed to have a different twangy accent than Youko (I think you guys were shooting for Northern Minnesota?) But it's hard because I realize that I've heard exactly zero young girls with that, apparently in my mind it's dumpy middle aged folks all the way down!

That was the goal, yes. She comes from Northern Japan, so she might have some sort of pseudo Russian-Japanese accent. We tried to go with Minnesota because the concept of wholesome succubi is hilarious and fits her character. Sadly... nailing that accent is loving hard as poo poo. We do have a proofer who knows that accent, but even he doesn't get it right, and he's been busy doing RL stuff so we've been winging it. Whenever I can throw in a 'don'chya know', I do it. It's a cheap and easy way to say "No srsly gaiz, she's Minnesotan."

Not to advertise again but we could always use more folks on our staff to help out with QC. If you wanna get early access to the dumb (and love catching my stupid spelling mistakes), send me a message.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tarage posted:

That was the goal, yes. She comes from Northern Japan, so she might have some sort of pseudo Russian-Japanese accent. We tried to go with Minnesota because the concept of wholesome succubi is hilarious and fits her character. Sadly... nailing that accent is loving hard as poo poo. We do have a proofer who knows that accent, but even he doesn't get it right, and he's been busy doing RL stuff so we've been winging it. Whenever I can throw in a 'don'chya know', I do it. It's a cheap and easy way to say "No srsly gaiz, she's Minnesotan."

Not to advertise again but we could always use more folks on our staff to help out with QC. If you wanna get early access to the dumb (and love catching my stupid spelling mistakes), send me a message.

I don't have plat, but I'm a pretty efficient proofreader!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Tarage posted:

Hokkaido's accent doesn't have anything to do with Russian.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I can also do some proofreading if you need it.

E: didn't realize you said message. I'll PM you later.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The best way to get ahold of us is on IRC. We're on rizon at #jitsuwa (where most of the jitsu talk takes place) and #prettyanon (where we generally just hang out and talk).
I don't believe either of us have private messages enabled on the forums.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Minnesotan accent for the succubus amuses me, so I'm cool with it. Also Youko has a Texan accent and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
As a Minnesotan I am all for this representation as I love the succubus, even though I've very rarely heard people who actually have a really distinct Minnesotan accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The best way to get ahold of us is on IRC. We're on rizon at #jitsuwa (where most of the jitsu talk takes place) and #prettyanon (where we generally just hang out and talk).
I don't believe either of us have private messages enabled on the forums.

You do actually, you can tell by the grenade next to your user name. Note that There Bias Two does not have one, as he is some kind of filthy poor does not have plat, which comes with PMs.

• Locked thread