Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Koskinator posted:

With Lux, do you go for pure damage builds to get hard hitting combos, or is it better to get CDR and mana regen to spam forever and have less dead time in team fights?

Lux's mana costs are so high that you really need a regen item just to not get pushed out of lane (Grail against hard AP, Morello works otherwise, FQC if it's still good but I think it's fallen out of the meta in general).

And yeah if you're winning lane rush the damage components of those items first and continue making your opponent's life hell.

e: In looking up Grail on the wiki I remembered the Staff of Flowing Water and Lost Chapter items existed and I really wish they'd port those over to Classic just so there are interesting alternatives to Grail/Morello.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I played Poppy top for the first time and absolutely dominated a Fiora early game.I was useful all the way into the late game too. Not as fun as Graves, but a hell of a strong pick.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
poppy is really good right now in low elos where people don't understand the concept of not standing near walls

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sperglord Firecock posted:

poppy is really good right now in low elos where people don't understand the concept of not standing near walls

I got some good stuns but I missed a TON where I saw chances but didn't get the angle right. I also saved an enemy once by hitting from the wrong direction. I need to work on eyeballing the range better too. There were cases where I would hit them but not knock them back far enough.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

exethan posted:

just start dorans -> morello, fqc, or grail every game and get a NLR item, void staff, and cdr boots as your next 3 pickups. I prioritize codex if i'm winning lane already. I go for mana regen / defensive components if I'm having a bad time.

Specifically go Deathcap before other NLR items and Void Staff on Lux even though it isn't always the most damage-efficient build, because you get that extra AP on your shields too.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Koskinator posted:

With Lux, do you go for pure damage builds to get hard hitting combos, or is it better to get CDR and mana regen to spam forever and have less dead time in team fights?

One doran's + athene's/morello's is fine for mana regen. I usually end up getting two doran's and one mana item due to the other team having a lot of burst, and that is probably more mana than you need.

e: my build with lux is usually double dorans -> mana item (athene's or morello's) -> spell pen boots -> luden's -> deathcap -> void staff -> zhonya's.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 18, 2016

Soreign
Dec 31, 2015
I'm really liking Zyra mid so far, how come other people don't play her alot.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
shes trash

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
She shits out damage like crazy but she's one of the slowest characters in the game with no movement ability and she's squishier than Sona.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

shes one of the champions getting looked at in the mage rebalance and it sounds like they're open to balancing her for support or mid depending on where people prefer her after that patch

edit: so basically she'll be a top laner or a jungler

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I know it's been a while but when was the point that lulu stopped being support and instead became a solo laner?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
That point never existed

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
When people realized that her QE pushed literally everyone out of lane and W made her super safe

oh sorry, that was after gratuitous base damage nerfs to her skills because she was already terrorizing mid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

That point never existed

I don't remember seeing too much lulu mid when I was playing in s3. Certainly not nearly as much as support.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Remember, a lot of champions are seemingly balanced only to become unwound when itemization changes. Nobody actually finds out that those changes made them good for like 8 patches though.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Last 3 days I tilted down to a 38% win rate and was demoted to Plat 4 yesterday evening

Today I duo with my Taiwanese jungle main buddy and we win 6/7 games together, I get into my series and win both 2 games in 20:00 each, and skip Plat 3 (where I was placed this season) and get Plat 2. Then I win one more for posterity and get +30 LP.

League is a fun game sometimes.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Also was this posted? Because it's about to become the all-time highest rated LoL reddit post

loving hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IADTWQM508

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That video just singlehandedly convinced Riot that for the mid year mage update they delete malz

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Needs saltyteemo music.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

AHH FUGH posted:

Also was this posted? Because it's about to become the all-time highest rated LoL reddit post

loving hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IADTWQM508

gkicking for spreading the putricide aids

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Something like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x40nZkkP8vw&t=74s

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Wait how did Malz kill baron? Space aids was on Orianna when Baron died

E: wait nevermind it went to baron then hopped to orianna :vince:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Malzahar is what they main in hell.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I didn't see when udyr took any malz damage. Perhaps a voidling ticked him once or something, or he had bond of stone? Otherwise that would have been a baron execute.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I don't remember seeing too much lulu mid when I was playing in s3. Certainly not nearly as much as support.

When she was first released she could be put anywhere on the map and she would carry, and eventually got enough nerfs to throw her into a wave clear utility mage

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Spudalicious posted:

I didn't see when udyr took any malz damage. Perhaps a voidling ticked him once or something, or he had bond of stone? Otherwise that would have been a baron execute.

it hopped from a donger turret to him

edit:never mind!!!!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Spudalicious posted:

It was Bond of Stone

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh, I actually didn't know a bond of stone proc counted as damage for terms of a kill.

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
i once tried evelynn with bond of stone on her

before every teamfight one of my teammates would get poked and i would pop out of invisibility

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I know it's been a while but when was the point that lulu stopped being support and instead became a solo laner?

3.14. They gave her utility AP scaling so her whimsy sped people up more if she was a solo laner.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

3.14. They gave her utility AP scaling so her whimsy sped people up more if she was a solo laner.

Oh yeah! During the whole "making supports better with scaling abilities" thing they did. Thanks for that I was trying to recall what specifically sent her over the edge.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

i once tried evelynn with bond of stone on her

before every teamfight one of my teammates would get poked and i would pop out of invisibility

It sucks with Warmog's and other out of combat abilities too because shared damage to you still counts for turning things on or off.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Reiterating that Lux is a good pick. She's just so absurdly safe.

Soreign
Dec 31, 2015
Janna is so much fun too especially when you cause the enemy team rage.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Nice sweeper

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Oh, wait

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i'm a big fan of popular summoner 'sondoku'

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Has anyone tried tanky devourer Vi? Sounds kinda fun

Something like Devourer, Ghostblade, and 3 of Dead Man's Plate, ZZ'Rot, Maw, and Randuin's

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Magres posted:

Has anyone tried tanky devourer Vi? Sounds kinda fun

Something like Devourer, Ghostblade, and 3 of Dead Man's Plate, ZZ'Rot, Maw, and Randuin's

really doesn't sound that tanky until like 30 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Uhhh any character who buys a tank item third is a tank dude

• Locked thread