Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

id like a patch for marvel 3/marvel 4 and for sf5 to fund that

thanks for listening

edit:
making sf5 actually playable for me would be cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
^^^For you, Fereydun, I'd allow it

Gammatron 64 posted:

This things are all true, yes.

They are, but they're also very fixable issues. The stuff I was referring to was stuff like initially saying x character was bad based purely on the betas and just stating "Oh the game is boring" like it were a fact and not an opinion, among others.

EDIT: Like, does anyone else remember USF4 for PC have terrble netcode at first, and by the time SFV was released it was considered one of the better options?

bhsman fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 18, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The most glaring and important issues, being the terrible launch and the input delay, are respectively unfixable because it's already done and over and you don't get to relaunch a game, and extremely hard to fix. There's no inputDelay = 8 variable in there that they can just find and go "Ooooooh Sawada the intern thought that higher was better!" and switch it to something good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, you can legitimately think this game is boring and be appaled at the unnecessary watering-down of poo poo since beta 2 also.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

ugh its fuckin magus

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

AnonSpore posted:

What is incorrect about saying SFV has had a disastrous launch that turned away the very casual players it was aiming to attract, poo poo implementation of rollback netcode that might even poison the well for future fighting games, ridiculous native input delay that's far worse than any fighting game on the market including its own predecessor, hilarious ragequitting issues in ranked when their huge year long pro circuit explicitly has spaces on it for the highest online rankers, horrendous implementation of things that worked perfectly fine in SFIV (training mode loving resets its settings after a match, only 1P can select rematch/character select, etc)...

And that's not even getting into the actual gameplay.

you forgot some stuff like being able to alt-tab to intentionally gently caress up the connection, not having directinput support which includes their own official controllers, the CFN servers being constantly hosed and not displaying ranking data, non-working spectator mode or lobbies of more than 2, even 2 person lobbies not working a lot of the time, no story/arcade mode, and additional stage specific lag. and then the greater issue of capcom completely failing to acknowledge the majority of these problems

bhsman posted:

EDIT: Like, does anyone else remember USF4 for PC have terrble netcode at first, and by the time SFV was released it was considered one of the better options?
ah yes the same company releases multiple products in a row that are all bad on launch is the perfect response in a discussion about how bad their launch is. you're really reaching with this one lol

edit: WHERe is the ST stream

Zand fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 18, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

A surfing dog?! posted:

ugh its fuckin magus

replace magus with magnus imo

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zand posted:

you forgot some stuff like being able to alt-tab to intentionally gently caress up the connection, not having directinput support which includes their own official controllers, the CFN servers being constantly hosed and not displaying ranking data, non-working spectator mode or lobbies of more than 2, even 2 person lobbies not working a lot of the time, no story/arcade mode, and additional stage specific lag. and then the greater issue of capcom completely failing to acknowledge the majority of these problems

I left a trailing ellipses to imply there were more things I wasn't mentioning, c'mon man there's no way I could possibly remember all the things that Capcom has messed up gimme a break

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

when their huge year long pro circuit explicitly has spaces on it for the highest online rankers,

Are you sure this is true. I know Capcom has said there would be online qualifiers for the regional finals, but have they said what determines who gets in?

That being said, I don't disagree with most of your points. Specifically, this launch was loving bad, not Sim City bad or Spore bad, but still pretty bad.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zand posted:

you forgot some stuff like being able to alt-tab to intentionally gently caress up the connection, not having directinput support which includes their own official controllers, the CFN servers being constantly hosed and not displaying ranking data,

People can alt-tab to gently caress up the connection? I wonder if that's what's happening when my game becomes a slideshow during a third round :ohdear:

Also, the CFN servers stat tracking thing is really annoying, and I hope that gets addressed in the March Update. I like to be able to eyeball how bodied I'm going to get based on how many LP my opponent has. Also, the radial chart that's supposed to show your offense/defense/whatever levels on the matchup screen never works for me. It's just empty, but my little offensive<--->defensive scale works.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Alt-tabbing doesn't gently caress up the connection, it just shifts already existing rollbacks from one player to another. I've also never gotten it to work.

Mike Z comments on the issue: https://reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/46pah7/mike_z_responds_to_the_sf5_netcode_alttab_issue/

If the game goes to poo poo in the third round it's probably cuz you're playing some dude who's on wifi and his parents started watching Netflix or some poo poo.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Zand posted:

you're really reaching with this one lol

Pot meet loving kettle, Zand :v:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

bhsman posted:

Pot meet loving kettle, Zand :v:

ft5 me in Xmen: Children of the Atom

edit: \/\/\/\/\/ "probably win" lmao... you have no chance

Zand fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 18, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Zand posted:

ft5 me in Xmen: Children of the Atom

You'll probably win and likely still be wrong about games you don't like, hth.

I still never got around to fixing my controller issues in Fightcade; I should really get around to that.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

ugh this is like when you have a party and people step outside to smoke and crazy drifters start harassing them with rants about 20 years ago. yay final round hype

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
its cool that someone objectively knowing a ton more about something doesnt actually make their opinion worth any more than some jabroni off the street

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The pot and kettle analogy sucks because it's a fallacy. Just because Zand is really bitter and exaggerates the flaws of modern fighting games to "this killed fighting games forever" levels doesn't mean he's not right in calling you out for doing the same in the other direction

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Can we not have the same Old People vs 16ers argument occupying 3 threads simultaneously?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

its cool that someone objectively knowing a ton more about something doesnt actually make their opinion worth any more than some jabroni off the street

sure, we don't need it in every thread though. this is the thread about watching fighting games. there is a big event going on. can't help but feel that just because there's some activity in this thread, the usual suspects are coming in pushing agenda, like moths attracted to flame. and the same people are taking the bait and arguing the same things.

i guess arguing about fighting games is the meta fighting game. let's all watch it here in this thread

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Persona 4AU Top 3 is starting if the Spooky stream is still down and you don't have a thing for reading petty internet arguments.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I didn't disagree with Zand's assertions about the problems, but if Mr. "SF4 isn't doing as well as the high water mark of SF2, therefore it is killing SF" is gonna call me out for reaches, then I'll call him out for it.

Also I've never touched CotA so Zand would probably beat me is my point. :sweatdrop:

AnonSpore posted:

The pot and kettle analogy sucks because it's a fallacy. Just because Zand is really bitter and exaggerates the flaws of modern fighting games to "this killed fighting games forever" levels doesn't mean he's not right in calling you out for doing the same in the other direction

Pointing out that other people are exaggerating/being misleading and the pointing out that stuff like connection issues have been fixed with other Capcom games, even if they were also launch issues, isn't an exaggeration. :v:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

bhsman posted:

EDIT: Like, does anyone else remember USF4 for PC have terrble netcode at first

No, because the netcode literally didn't change from GFWL. The problem was entirely Steam leaving a shitton of connections open and basically DDoSing you every time you searched for ranked matches.

Capcom had to wait for Valve to update Steam to fix it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

bhsman posted:

Persona 4AU Top 3 is starting if the Spooky stream is still down and you don't have a thing for reading petty internet arguments.

Unfortunately twitch as a whole seems dead, so continue yelling at each other as the entire world moves on.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Can we not have the same Old People vs 16ers argument occupying 3 threads simultaneously?

this is what we call the 'three pronged attack'

also, there's not really much to watch right now since twitch is dead

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Spooky is doing text play-by-play to cover matches not being aired. :(

Corbeau posted:

Unfortunately twitch as a whole seems dead, so continue yelling at each other as the entire world moves on.

It's working for me, FWIW.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

sure, we don't need it in every thread though. this is the thread about watching fighting games. there is a big event going on. can't help but feel that just because there's some activity in this thread, the usual suspects are coming in pushing agenda, like moths attracted to flame. and the same people are taking the bait and arguing the same things.

i guess arguing about fighting games is the meta fighting game. let's all watch it here in this thread

dont take the bait dude just block, there are no throws in posting

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

I thought there was an ST stream somewhere but I can't find it...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

dont take the bait dude just block, there are no throws in posting

your posts make me throw tho throw up that is

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Spooky stream is back

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hey morons! Don't post like morons, morons.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

zand vs bhsman ft5 in st for posting rights but also zand can only use one hand imo

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hey morons! Don't post like morons, morons.

ft5 me pussy

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fereydun posted:

zand vs bhsman ft5 in st for posting rights but also zand can only use one hand imo

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand posted:

I thought there was an ST stream somewhere but I can't find it...

I don't think so, according to the schedule there's no ST planned for today.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Booyah- posted:

I don't think so, according to the schedule there's no ST planned for today.

ST is tomorrow at Art's stream, alongside bad game The Third Strike, IIRC.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Dias posted:

ST is tomorrow at Art's stream, alongside bad game The Third Strike, IIRC.

as much as i hate the game 3s its still very entertaining to watch unlike other games I hate. tomorrow will be good

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

vergil does only swing yamato with one hand....

edit:
ft100 me in marvel, i'll play point vergil teams only

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 18, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Champ is playing well; gonna be interesting to see how the foreign players deal with dumb Dhalsim shenanigans.

Fereydun posted:

vergil does only swing yamato with one hand....

I was gonna find a better response .gif but thought it was a neat cosplay. When it comes to Vergil I'm just a jabroni off the street compared to you. :smith:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

bhsman posted:

Champ is playing well; gonna be interesting to see how the foreign players deal with dumb Dhalsim shenanigans.

I think Art is 100% the more solid Sim. Fully prepared to eat my words if Champ wins the tourney.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nice to see Du playing after that whole debacle tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also it's twitch chat as gently caress but I'll never not get a kick out of POKKEN MOMS.