Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oatgan you're going to post all the documents somewhere for us to see, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Get your unsealed documents over here

http://www.2dca.org/Clerk/2D15-5044/15-5044.shtml

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

may not have been a work!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/petersterne/status/710932688329416704

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
"I'm really trying hard to decide who is gonna be in the crosshairs"

Hogan's shooting!

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Thanks for never being my friend and destroying my life, :gas:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
This trial just keeps getting better and better

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lol hulk hogan only sued because he didn't want everybody to know he said "friend of the family" on camera even though gawker's article made no mention of this and the only reason it's a matter of public record is because of the fbi investigation that was launched in response to the lawsuit

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gawker didnt even HAVE the racial tirade tape right???

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

lol hulk hogan only sued because he didn't want everybody to know he said "friend of the family" on camera even though gawker's article made no mention of this and the only reason it's a matter of public record is because of the fbi investigation that was launched in response to the lawsuit

brutal

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

This has been even better than I could have hoped.

The only way it'll be better is if Hogan wins from this jury and this poo poo keeps marching on into a glorious appeal.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It's pretty widely accepted that Gawker will win on appeal-- it's just that depending on the size of the judgment if they lose, they might not be able to afford it. They have to post a bond for the amount of the judgment.

Basically, this case is a very solid argument against electing judges-- if it had been run by one who had been vetted and appointed, some of the more questionable (read: bad) decisions the judge has made wouldn't have happened. But instead, this judge ran as "that lawyer that those poor Schiavo parents had against all those monstrous liberals" and won.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

gawker didnt even HAVE the racial tirade tape right???

No there are two other dvds lmao

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did the FBI ever figure out who released the tapes?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so bubba did tell the fbi that hogan knew the sex was being recorded
same as he told howard stern and basically everybody else that would listen
later testified in a deposition that hogan didn't know, after settling with hogan for $5,000
that's likely the root of him planning to plead the 5th to everything, either her perjured himself or he lied to the fbi which is also a crime

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Teddybear posted:

It's pretty widely accepted that Gawker will win on appeal-- it's just that depending on the size of the judgment if they lose, they might not be able to afford it. They have to post a bond for the amount of the judgment.

Basically, this case is a very solid argument against electing judges-- if it had been run by one who had been vetted and appointed, some of the more questionable (read: bad) decisions the judge has made wouldn't have happened. But instead, this judge ran as "that lawyer that those poor Schiavo parents had against all those monstrous liberals" and won.

Wait, judges in the US are elected? What the Christ

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Super No Vacancy posted:

so bubba did tell the fbi that hogan knew the sex was being recorded
same as he told howard stern and basically everybody else that would listen
later testified in a deposition that hogan didn't know, after settling with hogan for $5,000
that's likely the root of him planning to plead the 5th to everything, either her perjured himself or he lied to the fbi which is also a crime

Is recording people without their consent a crime in Florida? No matter what the story, Bubba was breaking the law and lying all over the place. I'm really not surprised the judge didn't really care that badly about his testimony.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Andrast posted:

Wait, judges in the US are elected? What the Christ

Federal judges and some (smart) states still have appointed judges. But yeah! Florida has elected judges.

It gets worse: Some states elect up and down the whole way, including their state supreme court.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Teddybear posted:

Federal judges and some (smart) states still have appointed judges. But yeah! Florida has elected judges.

It gets worse: Some states elect up and down the whole way, including their state supreme court.

No wonder your justice system is so hosed.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

natetimm posted:

Is recording people without their consent a crime in Florida? No matter what the story, Bubba was breaking the law and lying all over the place. I'm really not surprised the judge didn't really care that badly about his testimony.

Florida is a two party consent state so yes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

natetimm posted:

I think in Florida, all parties have to consent.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Did the FBI ever figure out who released the tapes?

There's a ton to dig through here so it's slow goings but it looks like the FBI acquired tapes from a former employee of Bubba

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Require More Fire posted:

Thanks for never being my friend and destroying my life, :gas:

Time to pay up, brother~!

Super No Vacancy posted:

settling with hogan for $5,000

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hulk hogan's pseudonym in the secret world of illicit celebrity sex tapes is BOSTICK

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

hulk hogan's pseudonym in the secret world of illicit celebrity sex tapes is BOSTICK

TARYN BOSTICK

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

TARYN BOSTICK

If I'm a new diva in developmental I'm pitching hard to have this as a ring name

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Women don't get two names, Oatgan.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I am extremely sad that hulk doesn't sign his texts HH

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Is Taryn Bostick a better or worse pseudonym than Ron Mexico?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

verdict is in lol

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

verdict is in lol

:f5:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Could Hogan be charged with perjury now?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

YES! YES! YES!

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

verdict summary

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Hogan was raped by a mummy, he can't really be expected to be a reliable narrator after that

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

$115,000,000

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

if hogan celebrates like Daniel Bryant ill mark out so hard

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lol can't wait for this farce to continue in appeals

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
hulk hogan went over

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

wait did they say 55 plus 60?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/707878729498935296