Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I GOT THE BITCH ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT AGAIN. AGAIN ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT.

SONATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I think daydream-chan in the top left is adorable and I should read more about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
haha i got this song in SIF score match that i've never heard before

Whoever is singing really can't say blueberry

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
WELCOME TO MY HELL ZEP

SO GOOD OF YOU TO JOIN ME

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Screw you I'm going back to non-IAP.

Or I'm just gonna get enough to do the daily pulls.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

haha i got this song in SIF score match that i've never heard before

Whoever is singing really can't say blueberry

more like Blueberrry PAIN

I hate that song.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'd always known Polsy was an imas man, but I thought he at least dabbled in Love Live. I'm so disillusioned.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I assumed everyone was like me and had multiple accounts and multiple versions of the different games but I guess I just have a problem. At least the problem doesn't involve money yet like sonata and I guess now zep.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Bu-ru-be-ri-to-re-i-n~

Such a fun chart though.

Meanwhile Koi no Signal Rin Rin Rin fucks with me so much.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

I assumed everyone was like me and had multiple accounts and multiple versions of the different games but I guess I just have a problem. At least the problem doesn't involve money yet like sonata and I guess now zep.

I think folks are generally EN only at first, but once they figure out how to get JP games on their system, the floodgates are opened.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'd always known Polsy was an imas man, but I thought he at least dabbled in Love Live. I'm so disillusioned.

Let the record show that I watched the anime as it was airing and I saw the movie, I'm just not into it quite enough to play the game

e: I guess more relevantly, I don't care about much of the music either, though I also haven't heard a lot of it

Polsy fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 18, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Skwee posted:

I have enough different games I do not need multiple copies I'm already running out of space as it is anyway. Who knew this bird identifier took a goddamn half-gigabyte of space.

Polsy posted:

Oh, huh, they edited out the Ranko-speak translation. I thought they just cropped it off at first glance but it's actually just not there.

Thanks, now I can actually see what she's saying!

Christmas Cake posted:

Finished with 12 butts, two donuts, and all of the jewels and cocaine.

The beta event is awfully humbling when you get a song you're not the best at.

I kinda wish I had the points to bring buttcop to 15, but since I don't I have no idea what to get. Having yet another 2star SR isn't that useful, I don't think. Also, I'd feel bad about how terrible I've done in the coop, but then I notice that everyone else has like 10x the points I have and also like 20–30 levels on me.

Incidentally, the auto-team picker is reasonably smart — it will pick the idol with the highest stat value for a given position (e.g. the visual, dance, &c.) and it always puts the most powerful (appeal score-wise) healer on the healer slot. But it still prioritizes overall appeal points, so it tends to pass over, for example, that weird R that has like twice as much visual appeal as everything else you have. And obviously, healer-wise I like the one that'll go off every 8s over 11s, especially when the gap between their overall points is like 60.

Also, I think I hate blueberry train mostly because it grew on me and I really don't want to like it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just unlocked a song called Loneliest Baby

I didn't know Muse wrote a song about me.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think Loneliest Baby might actually be my favorite whole-group track.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i did 2 10 pulls with friendship points in SIF, which has no effect on chances to gain things, and i got 2 rares on each one.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
oh heads up for people who mark off whether idols have commus or not, I just got kana imai's 2k fan commu, when on my spreadsheet i had it marked as her not having any fan commus

really i should just get every girl up to 20k fans before i stop using them

e: i've been trying out playing without hitsounds in SS on my phone, and it's really weird but i sort of like it

Also I somehow got 2 nices on this song but still got full combo. Guess one of my random people i put in the team has a skill that saved me twice..

Not sure where i messed up though since I thought i got all perfects. Guess that's a downside to not having hit sounds.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 19, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love random EX songs.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i just realized last time there was a score event i couldn't play hard mode cuz i wouldn't have been able to pass half the songs that came up, but now here i am sight reading 8-9 star songs easily.

i've also passed loads of master songs in SS now too, and some expert songs in SIF, although the SIF songs were mostly brute forced.

still, i don't even want to imagine what could possibly reside within the "technical" difficulty songs in SIF score matches, when I can hardly pass expert songs.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 19, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

i just realized last time there was a score event i couldn't play hard mode cuz i wouldn't have been able to pass half the songs that came up, but now here i am sight reading 8-9 star songs easily.

i've also passed loads of master songs in SS now too, and some expert songs in SIF, although the SIF songs were mostly brute forced.

still, i don't even want to imagine what could possibly reside within the "technical" difficulty songs in SIF score matches, when I can hardly pass expert songs.

It's random beatmaps of EX songs and the EX versions of the daily songs. For the most part, if one can generally do decently on an EX song, one can pass the random. The dailies can be nasty, though, depending. I think I've still yet to ever complete Beat in Angel, though it's been a while since I've made the attempt.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Oooh, Nico Medley.

I find myself tempted to attempt to tier... I've got plenty of loveca, and my JP Cool team is weak.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Since I have 550 Loveca I feel like I could make a 10-pull but on the other hand Hanayo is the boosted UR.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
hosed up that I don't have an Umi UR.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
hosed. UP.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Gotta wait for a new Umi UR or a 2nd-year/Lily White box and pull 'til success.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Honestly, considering that you're sitting on ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-ONE SCOUTING ATTEMPTS, GOOD LORD, I'm not surprised you don't have your favored idol's UR.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
And heck, that's another 2 fancy guaranteed SR+ draws, too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Honestly, considering that you're sitting on ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-ONE SCOUTING ATTEMPTS, GOOD LORD, I'm not surprised you don't have your favored idol's UR.

I also have 5 Blue Tickets I think.

I only have 2 non-promo URs across all three of my accounts.

Hanayo in EN and Rin in KR.

None in JP.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was gonna do my pulls during the Final Live, but apparently updates are coming on April 15th?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I was gonna do my pulls during the Final Live, but apparently updates are coming on April 15th?

code:
cd idols_µ\'s/
rm -rf *
cp /tmp/aqua/* *
echo "All done~"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't understand because I am not computer savvy.

I don't even know how to type so.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

We've replaced this man's idols with new Aquors™. Can he tell the difference?

I wish they would give me a non-Loveless World song

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfR1TwosYQg

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
man losing to people who aren't even using a center that boosts the song's mood sucks. Like their score is way higher than mine. must be hiding some really good idols in there.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

man losing to people who aren't even using a center that boosts the song's mood sucks. Like their score is way higher than mine. must be hiding some really good idols in there.

The idol you see as their center is the center of their "main" team, despite the fact that for you it displays the center of the team you're currently using. It can be fun to set a normie as your center for score matches. I'm currently using my movie promo Nico.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The idol you see as their center is the center of their "main" team, despite the fact that for you it displays the center of the team you're currently using. It can be fun to set a normie as your center for score matches. I'm currently using my movie promo Nico.

oh is that so, for my own "portrait" is shows the center for the team i selected for the song, so i assumed it was the same for everyone else

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I mean if someone switched my coffee with loving decaf instant, that'd pretty much be the way to go.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Is that definitely how it works? I remember ages ago people talking as if that was the result of people just setting their centers to random normals for some sort of fakeout or something. I kinda assumed that was how it actually worked, but never really paid enough attention/got any repeats/friends to see.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zenostein posted:

I mean if someone switched my coffee with loving decaf instant, that'd pretty much be the way to go.

Is that definitely how it works? I remember ages ago people talking as if that was the result of people just setting their centers to random normals for some sort of fakeout or something. I kinda assumed that was how it actually worked, but never really paid enough attention/got any repeats/friends to see.

definitely

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The truth is ever-so-slightly disappointing.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Learning that made me less disappointed in my teams. For a time I thought I was losing to nun-centered teams even when I FC'd with my best team led by my then-only UR.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i just tried nation blue master on my alt account with terrible team and got to that slider part.. I somehow made it through, idk even how since i was already in the red when I got to it, but then i failed shortly after.

I dont even know, poo poo was crazy

e: i just did it again, my non-slip pad failed me but i did even better and had half of my stamina left after it, but i was at an awkward angle cuz of where my phone ended up so i couldnt handle the next part well and so i failed again.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Losing in score to a guy whose best combo is twenty seems hosed up.