Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Cardiologist dude said he'd been studying this stuff since 2005 and looked at the hearts of a lot of steroid users; all along there'd been a few lucky bastards who'd escaped any ill effects but most showed significant hypertrophy of the cardiac muscle, leading to much thicker and stiffer walls and tiny chambers and everything working worse and worse. Likelihood of needing a heart transplant (no cakewalk in itself) or an early death would be pretty high. Granted, these were mostly guys who'd been using for years, not just run a cycle or two and then quit, but still.

One might imagine that one eventual side benefit of this type of research would be finding out exactly why there are some guys who don't get swole heart death syndrome and maybe even use that for predictive or preventative purposes but I gathered this wasn't the primary objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fallows posted:

methylhydroxynandrolone

Ah, quit your mohning!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ken caminiti

dont do steroids or at least dont do em and do blow/heroin?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Wrestlers are a pretty well known example of how steroid use ends up.

Most of them die of heart attacks at 49 but some are totally fine and yet still others like Rick Flair are actually just ancient mummies from Babylonian times come to taste the sweet pulp of our soul juices

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Zzulu posted:

The worst side effect of steroids, apart from death, is that you can lose ur hair

Are you ready for baldness??

I am not and this is honestly my biggest worry !!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I heard that if you take testosterone then your balls stop producing it confirm/deny?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Your own production is strongly diminished yeah but its temporaryand you usually return to normal levels after a cycle

Long time abusers could suffer a more permanent thing though

Another funny side effect of roiding is moobs. A lot of dudes will get bitch tits on their cycles because they dont take the other drugs you need to take in order to prevent these things

Fyi i basically got a phd in steroids since a friend of mine is a user and i am mining him for info because after 35+ when my natural test levels crash and my body decides to quit on me im def gonna do some roids

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Fyi i basically got a phd in steroids since a friend of mine is a user and i am mining him for info because after 35+ when my natural test levels crash and my body decides to quit on me im def gonna do some roids

I am actually excited about getting old and senile because hopefully I'll still have some disposable income to use on roids and drugs. Till then I'm just in it for the body high I guess.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
An ode to old dudes in gyms:

Oh old dude, showering with the curtain open,
Why?

Oh old dude, legs splayed at the entrance of the steam room,
Why?

Oh old dude, shaving in the sauna,
Why?

Oh old dude, laying like Kate Winslet from Titanic in the steam room,
Why?

Oh old dude, flossing your ballsack with a towel at the entrance to the locker room,
GO loving DIE.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a poet.

But seriously. gently caress those dudes.)

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Zzulu posted:

Your own production is strongly diminished yeah but its temporaryand you usually return to normal levels after a cycle

Long time abusers could suffer a more permanent thing though

Another funny side effect of roiding is moobs. A lot of dudes will get bitch tits on their cycles because they dont take the other drugs you need to take in order to prevent these things

yeaaa gyno looks nasty, i have ai's on hand for pct to help my test production start back up and incase i get during cycle

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

bamhand posted:

You will starve to death on a 100% protein diet no matter how much you eat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

So rabbit and a little olive oil for max gainz

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
My bench is still pathetic. How do I get it better?

Kettle bell class isn't doing it

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Add weight to the bar to increase your bench. Hth.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Bench with a spotter, keep going until you can't and have the spotter give just enough help to get the bar up. The next time do the same with more weight, repeat until omg gainz

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Ask your top to ease up so you can work out your press while he's drilling you.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I bought pants for the first time after 3 months of bulking and holy poo poo it's impossible to find anything that fits. I'm a 30 waist but my thighs are demanding atleast a 36

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ive been putting this crap in my water bottle while riding my bike and ive been riding at like 33 kph for hours at a time and smashing hills and sprints i dunno if its the culprit but im not gonna stop using my secret drink mix on harsh training seshes or races

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 19, 2016

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Buying new pants isn't as fun as having your old pants rip from your gains. My thighs have shredded at least two pairs of pants on the inseam at work. You're missing out.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

ive been putting this crap in my water bottle while riding my bike and ive been riding at like 33 kph for hours at a time and smashing hills and sprints i dunno if its the culprit but im not gonna stop using my secret drink mix on harsh training seshes or races

hows it effect your poops

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Profondo Rosso posted:

I bought pants for the first time after 3 months of bulking and holy poo poo it's impossible to find anything that fits. I'm a 30 waist but my thighs are demanding atleast a 36

Welcome to the world of stretch pants, brother!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Booties posted:

My bench is still pathetic. How do I get it better?

Kettle bell class isn't doing it

You don't happen to do shoulder day before chest day do you? I felt stuck at bench for awhile until I woke the hell up and separated shoulders and chest days with my bicep/back days. Now I feel like I have actual strength on my chest days and am back to GAINS™.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

numberoneposter posted:

Used to love to get massively stoned and take a bunch of pwo and go riding. Good times. Also beer.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

stimulants are bad 4 ur brain nd ur body

namaste

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

soy posted:

Used to love to get massively stoned and take a bunch of pwo and go riding. Good times. Also beer.
*rides for hours and burns 3000 calories*

*drinks 15 beers and is still at a caloric deficit*

*body mysteriously converts liquid beer to solid shits*

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

SWOLE exception 2016: *body mysteriously converts liquid beer to solid shits*

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Profondo Rosso posted:

Those Levis "athletic" 541s are crap for people with real quads, don't buy em.

In fact, the only right sized jeans I can find that fit my waist and my thighs are 7 for all mankind and cost 150-200 a piece. :( Fortunately they last forever.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My Q-Face posted:

Those Levis "athletic" 541s are crap for people with real quads, don't buy em.

In fact, the only right sized jeans I can find that fit my waist and my thighs are 7 for all mankind and cost 150-200 a piece. :( Fortunately they last forever.

I have a pair of those Levis. Still had to go a size up, but they look better than jncos.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

I have a pair of those Levis. Still had to go a size up, but they look better than jncos.

I tried on one size up and found that they fit the same way my one-size-up-from-my-fat-period 501s did.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I would venture a guess that most goons complaining about pants being unable to fit them just need to lose some weight

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

My size 34s already have a waistband I can fit my arm down pretty easily while they're buttoned up, and they're still a little snug in the thighs. If I wear 36s I'm able to fit both arms down them.

You're right, though, I've got about 30-35 pounds of fat on me. If you have a pro tip for targeting the fat in my thighs, that'd be great.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
let's list dictator gym bros

Swole Pot
Donald Pump
Osama bin Liftin'

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Homestar Runner posted:

let's list dictator gym bros

Swole Pot
Donald Pump
Osama bin Liftin'

Obvious but Fitler :godwin:
Gainzgis Khan
Bicepsto Muscleni
Uhhh Low-reps Stallin? idk

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Mao Tse DOMS?
Superset Hussein?
Ay-Plateaula Khomeini
Kim Jong Guns

Pol Squat

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

My Q-Face posted:

My size 34s already have a waistband I can fit my arm down pretty easily while they're buttoned up, and they're still a little snug in the thighs. If I wear 36s I'm able to fit both arms down them.

You're right, though, I've got about 30-35 pounds of fat on me. If you have a pro tip for targeting the fat in my thighs, that'd be great.

Who cares unless you're a woman. Laugh and grow swollen.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

My Q-Face posted:

Just lose weight in general. Carrying extra fat doesn't make you grow muscle faster, in fact it's counterproductive in that regard.

I mean, do whatever, but if you're lifting w the end goal of improving your appearance consider my words :eng101:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Just lose weight in general. Carrying extra fat doesn't make you grow muscle faster, in fact it's counterproductive in that regard.

I mean, do whatever, but if you're lifting w the end goal of improving your appearance consider my words :eng101:

I don't think you understand how pant sizes work. My waist fits comfortably in a 30, it's just incredibly uncomfortable, bordering on painful, for my thighs as size 30 pants are designed for the average person that wears them, not someone with swole thighs and a 30 waist. Short of cutting chunks of muscle from my thighs I cannot change this

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Profondo Rosso posted:

I don't think you understand how pant sizes work. My waist fits comfortably in a 30, it's just incredibly uncomfortable, bordering on painful, for my thighs as size 30 pants are designed for the average person that wears them, not someone with swole thighs and a 30 waist. Short of cutting chunks of muscle from my thighs I cannot change this

You're not swole if you're just learning that you can't fit into jeans.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Dum Cumpster posted:

You're not swole if you're just learning that you can't fit into jeans.

Nah but I'm on the journey there!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Buy stretchy skinny jeans or something....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Profondo Rosso posted:

Perhaps you don't understand how the body distributes fat. Unless your thighs resemble this:

You have a layer of fat covering them, like this:

That fat and muscle is what is causing your pants to not fit. HTH.

• Locked thread