Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Do It Once Right posted:

Yardley is a dog's name.

On the upside, at least she didn't spell it Yardleeigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Well Kelly's is more coherent, unless there's some hidden logic in the Palin names I'm missing.

I might be confusing her with someone else but I thought all her kids were named based on something related to where they were conceived. I mean, I'm probably wrong because some of those names don't seem to fit but I don't speak Alaskan so I don't know.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
arent the Yardleys one of the minor gangs in GTA 3

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Listening to cnn right now, and even the Trump surrogate they have on won't defend Trump's vendetta against Megyn Kelly :lol:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I might be confusing her with someone else but I thought all her kids were named based on something related to where they were conceived. I mean, I'm probably wrong because some of those names don't seem to fit but I don't speak Alaskan so I don't know.

Back of a Dodge Dart Palin

call em Dart for short

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Listening to cnn right now, and even the Trump surrogate they have on won't defend Trump's vendetta against Megyn Kelly :lol:

all part of his brilliant plan to pivot to the center and pull in the women voter demo he desperately needs to win

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
GOP Utah party chair can't get a word in. As he pauses, a shout!

"MITT ROMNEY SUCKS"

*Crowd roars*

Get in here guys its fun.

https://youtu.be/hz7P_0x-zzI

They're about to boo him off the stage

Edit: "WHO ARE YOU VOTING FOR???"

"YOURE THE ESTABLISHMENT!"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao

good thing Mormons loving despise Trump apparently

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

STAC Goat posted:

Except for Trig, who has trisomy-G

Tri-G

Yeah.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

The Tao Jones posted:

Tri-G

Yeah.

ffffffffuck

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Epic High Five posted:

lmao

They're only 63% of the state population!

(I bet Trump doubles down on Romney and bets about half the mormons secretly hate the Romneys. We'll see if it is true.)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

STAC Goat posted:

You may be thinking of Ron Howard.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wonder how many times Palin or Kelly have mocked other cultures for the weird names they give their kids

I wonder if they paused for a moment to hold that mirror up to themselves

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I have a friend who named their kid Declan and I like to sometimes give him poo poo for the future bullying that kid will experience but at least "this is a totally normal name for my ethnic roots" is a way better explanation than "I just never learned to save the clever, made up reference names for my pets, stuffed animals, and cars."

The Tao Jones posted:

Tri-G

Yeah.

Nope. I'm choosing to pretend not to believe this for my own sanity's sake.

Maybe he just got conceived on top of their daughters's trig homework or at a gun range or something. Anything but that.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 19, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

I wonder how many times Palin or Kelly have mocked other cultures for the weird names they give their kids

I wonder if they paused for a moment to hold that mirror up to themselves

plenty of people who pass around the lemonjello poo poo had no problem listening to a man named rush talk about whether republicans should vote for a man named newt or a man named mitt four years ago

yes i know they're nicknames/middle names but seriously

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

The Tao Jones posted:

Tri-G

Yeah.

And this is our daughter Sperglynn, she doesn't much like new people.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

The Tao Jones posted:

Tri-G

Yeah.

they haven't yet made a psyduck emoticon worthy of this post.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Tao Jones posted:

Tri-G

Yeah.

I thought this was because her dad or grandpa was a high school teacher that taught math or some poo poo???

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Rush Limbaughs first radio pseudonym was "Rusty Sharpe," which is completely the name of a guy who will sell you a baggie of miscellaneous pills at three thirty in the morning

e. as opposed to "Rush Limbaugh," which is, i guess, completely the name of the guy buying said baggie

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Patter Song posted:

August 23rd, 2015.

Please don't start this "No one could've predicted Trump!" nonsense, plenty of us did.

You beat me by a couple months. In August I still thought it was one of the many boom-and-bust outsider polling events that we've seen over the years.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Tao Jones posted:

Tri-G

Yeah.

I am but dust.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Vox Nihili posted:

You beat me by a couple months. In August I still thought it was one of the many boom-and-bust outsider polling events that we've seen over the years.

I thought he would catch on after his announcement because I have a very low opinion of my fellow Americans, but that wasn't a prediction based on what I thought was fact at the time.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Around November I started leaving insulting comments on all of Nate Silver's and especially Harry Enten's Trump articles

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Tao Jones posted:

Tri-G

Yeah.

There are no words.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Oiled and Ready posted:

Holy poo poo that #nevertrump Tim Miller guy is flipping out on O'Reilly, gotta be pushing people toward Trump with his spasms

He worked for ¡Jeb! driving people to vote for Trump just comes naturally.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Do It Once Right posted:

Yardley is a dog's name.

Like a dog

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

paranoid randroid posted:

Rush Limbaughs first radio pseudonym was "Rusty Sharpe," which is completely the name of a guy who will sell you a baggie of miscellaneous pills at three thirty in the morning

e. as opposed to "Rush Limbaugh," which is, i guess, completely the name of the guy buying said baggie

This reminds me of that book series by Risqué Johnson.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Haven't watched Maddow in a long time but she's devoting her entire hour to Paul/Romney fuckery in the run-up to the 2012 convention and it's incredibly interesting.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Oiled and Ready posted:

Someone got me this one, pray you get as lucky
Could be worse, you could have ended up something like my avatar.

Although at this point I've fully embraced it any way, so whatever.:v:

The Tao Jones posted:

Tri-G

Yeah.
Oh for the love of :suicide:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Is my memory/assumption correct that Palin got conservative cred for not aborting her retard kid?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Lol that makes a lot of sense about Tim and Jeb!

Tim!

TRUMP REPORT: 51 minutes late, still MIA

This is normal.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

Lol that makes a lot of sense about Tim and Jeb!

Tim!

TRUMP REPORT: 51 minutes late, still MIA

This is normal.

He's actually even later than usual this time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CNN is literally showing a helicopter shot of Trump's motorcade.

Like, what the gently caress?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

He's actually even later than usual this time.

His plane was 20 away at 9:05. He's juicing the media time with the protest hahaha

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Three Olives posted:

Keep in mind that unless you are really following politics you have no idea what an unlikable a piece of poo poo Cruz is and how Trump is a misogynistic, lying, thin-skinned racist that is bad at business, all you know about Clinton is the email scandal and Benghazi.

Sometimes it's hard to keep perspective because these days we self-segregate but the vast majority GE has no loving idea about anything about these candidates right now and won't for a few months.
For the past few weeks, all the late night shows (notably Colbert and SNL) have been hammering Cruz on his horridness. It's already penetrating the public consciousness, as it is now Comedy Fact.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

STAC Goat posted:

CNN is literally showing a helicopter shot of Trump's motorcade.

Like, what the gently caress?

Don't delude yourselves, this obscene level of Trump coverage absolutely will persist into the general election

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five posted:

lmao

I have many Mormon relatives who are in the tank for Trump. Granted, Cruz is probably going to win, but Cruz's evangelicalism is actually a negative for many Mormons (what with evangelicals calling Mormons unchristian devil worshipers)

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
So there's a Trump rally going on right now I guess?

http://rsbn.tv/live-stream-donald-trump-town-hall-in-salt-lake-city-ut-3-18-16/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpeWWFfd4Ns

Trump just mentioned Missouri.

E: "Do I love the mormons!"

"Are we sure Mitt Romney's a Mormon?"

fade5 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!