Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
RNG has a crush on me. First time beating vet Crypt of Hearts? Monster helmet. First time beating (and running) vet Darkshade Caverns? Engine Guardian helmet in Divines. Third ever gold chest? Molag Kena shoulders in Divines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Is there an easy way to add stuff to the guild bank?

I had a bunch of poo poo I don't know how to use yet, but that exists in the gbank so is apparently valuable, and I decided to throw it all in there, but it didn't stack with the existing stacks, so I pulled them all out, stacked them in my inventory by hitting Y, and put them back in.

It feels pretty goddamn dumb that I can't hit Y to stack the stuff in the bank.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Get the Roomba addon from ESOUI, assign a keybind to scan and restack, then run it on the bank.

Basically it does what you did, but for everything in the guild bank.

I usually run it if I have to afk or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I have been downloading this game in the background since my last post. :ughh:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DK master race rising again :smug:

(Check out the max heal on that Burning Embers)

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Doesn't that morph go against the notion that you should go Stamina DK if you want to tank/self heal?
Now I'm questioning my choices :saddowns:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can anyone link me to a good melee Templar build? Doesn't matter if it's stam or Magicka really. I think. I'm just tired of tossing spells and I would love to start hitting things again. I'm a VR4 Orc, for what it's worth

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Ok... Got both Vigor and Caltrops in about a week of steady solo PvP. After I got Caltrops I ran with a group a bit which was an eye opener mostly in terms of how much more exp you get. Duh.

I hadn't explored PvP before so can't compare, but as of now:

- all charges have bugs and can cause getting stuck in animation, simply not work even when on level terrain, in range and line of sight, etc. Apparently they "balanced" by making everything as broken as Toppling. I have mostly just gone back to Toppling, in part because it takes from Magicka which I am not using for anything else really.
- break free seems a bit broken, e.g. Often no amount pressing a break free command will do anything in real time
- because of lag or queuing or something you will often be frozen with no access to any skills, whether cc'd or not and then dead
- due to lag targeted skills (e.g. jabs) are a random affair since what is on your screen is not what is happening
- animation patch was supposed to make it so you could see what skill was doing what to whom, but this is not happening at all
- spamming blazing spear can indeed cause perma cc lock
- most of this is in 32bit or 64bit, but 64bit has some unique problems
- most of this seems to have nothing to do with whether you are in a Zerg, 1v1 or indeed of someplace killing PvE critters

I am going to do some things to optimize my system and game today and see if that helps, but I don't think most of this has anything to do with my basically brand new and latest/greatest PC build.

I have gotten marginally better and have liked the simple regen build I did thinking of Thieves Guild (which I have yet to really explore at all), but will switch back to a weapon damage, crit build when I hit 14. I am still only at just above 200 CP though so there are some big gaps in any build, I think.

I have a couple of questions about trials, never having done them.

- do i need to do any prerequisite quests or anything to have access?
- in a 12 person group do I need to keep rally and vigor in my build: should I make a more specialized skill set up?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sogol posted:

The reality of PvP

Also, trials.

I hate to say this, but unfortunately this has been the status quo of PvP for the last year and a half. It's not a user-based problem.

As for trials, you don't need anything to get into them, just make sure you're geared up, and have foods/potions/repair kits because once the trial starts, there's no porting out for anything. Also I'd keep rally on your bar since it's your self-buff weapon skill. Vigor can go though.

If you're talking about PvP, this updated Jabs based build seems like a good start.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Scyantific posted:

Get the Roomba addon from ESOUI, assign a keybind to scan and restack, then run it on the bank.

Basically it does what you did, but for everything in the guild bank.

I usually run it if I have to afk or something.

Thanks, that's been helpful.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Sogol posted:

- all charges have bugs and can cause getting stuck in animation, simply not work even when on level terrain, in range and line of sight, etc.

Since you're stamina, you do have other charge options, although they will not give you the aedric spear passive. In my experience, invasion is the least buggy, followed by critical rush (about tied with ambush which you don't have), and toppling is absolutely the worst. I have no idea why they're all different.

Somewhat related, explosive charge on a magicka templar is hilariously OP 1-50. You can basically spam your way to vet ranks.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Raruna posted:

Doesn't that morph go against the notion that you should go Stamina DK if you want to tank/self heal?
Now I'm questioning my choices :saddowns:

Vigor+Rally is going to be comparable to that hps number, he's just pointing out that magicka DK is slowly getting back to where it used to be. Nothing against stamina DK.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

When do i want +weapon damage vs. +mainstat?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

When do i want +weapon damage vs. +mainstat?

If you have to choose (get both!), it's about 10.5 points of mainstat per point of damage. Your exact ratio will depend on buffs, passives, and champion points. As a general rule, magicka builds tend to be lower than 10.5 (more ways to buff max magicka than spell damage), while stamina builds tend to be higher than 10.5 (more ways to buff weapon damage than max stamina).

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

I hate to say this, but unfortunately this has been the status quo of PvP for the last year and a half. It's not a user-based problem.

As for trials, you don't need anything to get into them, just make sure you're geared up, and have foods/potions/repair kits because once the trial starts, there's no porting out for anything. Also I'd keep rally on your bar since it's your self-buff weapon skill. Vigor can go though.

If you're talking about PvP, this updated Jabs based build seems like a good start.

I am considering switching the 2h out for a bow- barrage, shards, caltrops, acid spray, tornado AoE build since I am guessing we will have a lot of single target dps. Any use, or should I just stick with the 2h for this?

E:since it is not battle leveled I will probaby have low health and this would also help to keep me from standing in stupid while a try to face bash bosses.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

tgidieday posted:

If you have to choose (get both!), it's about 10.5 points of mainstat per point of damage. Your exact ratio will depend on buffs, passives, and champion points. As a general rule, magicka builds tend to be lower than 10.5 (more ways to buff max magicka than spell damage), while stamina builds tend to be higher than 10.5 (more ways to buff weapon damage than max stamina).

"points"?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Ignoring buffs etc., +10.5 max magicka = +1 spell damage. Or +10.5 max stamina = +1 weapon damage.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Are stamina abilities spells? Are they affected by weapon damage? Are magicka abilities affected by weapon damage?

Am I retarded or is this game super obtuse?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 17, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Baron Porkface posted:

Hey now, one doesnt exclude the other!

(iknownothing)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

Are stamina abilities spells? Are they affected by weapon damage? Are magicka abilities affected by weapon damage?

If a class skill is morphed to use stamina, it relies on weapon damage instead of spell; I think all the tooltips have "this skill now scales off max stamina and weapon damage" when you can morph it.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What about Staff skills?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

What about Staff skills?
Magicka.
If a skill consumes stamina, it scales off of max stamina and weapon skill; if it uses magicka, it relies on spell power and max magicka.

It used to be that only non-staff weapon skills (and Fighters' Guild skills) used stamina and weapon power, but that was because all class skills used magicka; now that they can be morphed to use stamina, they follow the rule above.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Okay this stupid issue with email and absent access codes is resolved and I'm in.

Can I get an invite for @x0800 ? On Ebonheart but will take an invite to any guild, if only for the magnificent goonchat.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Invite sent!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:Attention PC NA (the master race :smug:) Goons:siren:

What you will need for tomorrow's Trial run:
  • Mumble - Get it here. This is the server we'll be using (Please read the instructions on getting out of the Lobby). You do not need a microphone for this. We're only using mumble to make it easier to communicate strategy and tactics.
  • A Veteran Rank 1 (minimum) character (technically we can carry you through a trial if you're sub-VR1, but what's the fun in that? Also Hel Ra and Aetherian Archive have a minimum level requirement)
  • A good set of gear. If you need gear crafted, feel free to ask in guild chat. Just make sure to give us what class and what your role, main dps attribute is.
  • Stat food and potions. Once we are inside a trial, there is no going back for supplies. Once again, if you need potions or food, let us know. I can craft almost every single type of consumable provided I have the materials.
  • Free time (this is the most important). Trials, especially first runs, are a time consuming affair, and we'd rather not have people bail out for reasons. Although if it is an emergency, we will fully understand.

Now, as far as roles go, our old/veteran guard (ennuid, pluto, aramek, myself, etc.) will handle the support roles. All we will really need are people with solid DPS. So if you need some pointers on increasing DPS, feel free to ask us.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Scyantific posted:

There's that silly oxymoron again. Make sure to leave extra time for people to deal with all those crashes.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

What you will need for tomorrow's Trial run:
  • Mumble - Get it here. This is the server we'll be using (Please read the instructions on getting out of the Lobby). You do not need a microphone for this. We're only using mumble to make it easier to communicate strategy and tactics.
  • A Veteran Rank 1 (minimum) character (technically we can carry you through a trial if you're sub-VR1, but what's the fun in that? Also Hel Ra and Aetherian Archive have a minimum level requirement)
  • A good set of gear. If you need gear crafted, feel free to ask in guild chat. Just make sure to give us what class and what your role, main dps attribute is.
  • Stat food and potions. Once we are inside a trial, there is no going back for supplies. Once again, if you need potions or food, let us know. I can craft almost every single type of consumable provided I have the materials.
  • Free time (this is the most important). Trials, especially first runs, are a time consuming affair, and we'd rather not have people bail out for reasons. Although if it is an emergency, we will fully understand.

Now, as far as roles go, our old/veteran guard (ennuid, pluto, aramek, myself, etc.) will handle the support roles. All we will really need are people with solid DPS. So if you need some pointers on increasing DPS, feel free to ask us.

What time? Also how do I increase my magika dps as a DK

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Before I get this game I want to make sure I understand, as long as I'm willing to pay for the "plus" membership, I can just go get the base game real cheap, and I'll have access to any extra dlc stuff as long as my sub is active? I want to play with a friend in the daggerfall faction and he mentioned something about depending on what race I pick I might need the adventure pack to be able to join that faction. Am I good just getting the base game and paying for plus?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Before I get this game I want to make sure I understand, as long as I'm willing to pay for the "plus" membership, I can just go get the base game real cheap, and I'll have access to any extra dlc stuff as long as my sub is active? I want to play with a friend in the daggerfall faction and he mentioned something about depending on what race I pick I might need the adventure pack to be able to join that faction. Am I good just getting the base game and paying for plus?

You have to get the Adventure Pack separately, it's not included in the sub. If you don't ind the small risk, you can pick up a leftover pre-order code from eBay for like three bucks. (At least you could last year - it's how I got it.)

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

That's right. Also, Daggerfall has solid race options (breton for magicka/healing, redguard for stamina, orc for tanking). You won't need the adventurer pack unless you really need to be a lizard person or whatever.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
You can't spell failure without U R A
Awoop, could I get an invite into Ebongoons for @amok_sa so I can ask dumb questions like "can't I disable all the pubbies somehow"

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Did this game ever get good?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Verbose posted:

Did this game ever get good?

yeah

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like Cyrodiil.

I don't know maybe the other parts are ok??? Haven't really done any of them.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PC NA trial night starts in one hour. Be there.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So after 2 hours and several (hundred) deaths, our goony group of 7 managed to clear Hel Ra Citadel.

Good times.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Yeah, that went pretty well all things considered. It was fun.

DoctoRadox
Nov 7, 2010
bombard is such a great skill, close second to magnum shot for getting away from wb spammers

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Deleted my stupid Imperial Stamblade and started an Imperial stamplar for a minor side project. Guess now I have something to do for a good while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

So after 2 hours and several (hundred) deaths, our goony group of 7 managed to clear Hel Ra Citadel.

Good times.
Glad to hear it was a success: hopefully next time I'll be able to participate as well instead of constantly being disconnected.

• Locked thread