Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

xthnru posted:

gently caress avocados.

Close thread, ban OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Avocados are the greatest thing that ever was or ever will be

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Starli posted:

The raid was a ton of fun! thank you for putting that together for us nubs :)

Glad you had fun!

Next raid will be Sunday 9pm ET. It's going to be another training raid mixed with gauging interest for Raid Group 2 regulars. Special note for condition damage players: we need you! If you are dedicated to lighting your wallet on fire to craft Viper gear and are looking to raid, please let me know.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

AnacondaHL posted:

Glad you had fun!

Next raid will be Sunday 9pm ET. It's going to be another training raid mixed with gauging interest for Raid Group 2 regulars. Special note for condition damage players: we need you! If you are dedicated to lighting your wallet on fire to craft Viper gear and are looking to raid, please let me know.

Now Sunday I can do! I'll bring my condition Mesmer.

I'm Annemony in-game, if we need to reserve space. I was in the last Sunday learning raid though so if I need to step aside for other interested newbies, I completely understand.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

"I am the scythe, the bringer of salvation."

watching people get poison, ignoring the fountains 2 seconds away and rushing across the entire arena to find a different one :cawg:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Avocados are the greatest thing that ever was or ever will be

Avocado vs Poutine, which do you choose

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Playing on Scrapper, what am I supposed to do about a Dragonhunter's death stack of traps? Like, trying to dodgeroll through it has netted me nothing but death and pain, and trying to block through it has had similar results. Like I tried to put up Hammer 4 and set them off and Dragon's Maw stuns me out of my block then crits me for 5k, then Precession crits me for another 10k. If I try to roll in and out I just get knocked over and die horrifically similarly.

Similarly, how does a DH not using the full heal signet consistently heal for 80-90% of their HP? I would jump this dude and blow him up for the vast majority of his HP then he would instantly be back to full health, spam all his traps, and I'd be dead.

E: I think the answer is deploy Bulwark Gyro just before rolling through, hopefully that finally helps because they've been giving me headaches

Magres fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 18, 2016

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

DH heal is 2k on initial trap use and 6.5k on trigger, and another 4k aoe heal on their f2. Marauders DH has 17k health so that's most of it.

As for how to avoid the traps, I play DH so I can't risk you learning how to beat me, and also I don't really know. Double dodge right out again maybe? Fighting them off node can blow some of their cooldowns so they can't immediately top the damage up to killing you quite so easily. Alternatively, find a sacrificial teammate to leap onto the node first and take the bullet.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Walk in FIRST, use either your slick shoes break or your e-gun break, THEN block with hammer. Nine times out of ten the DH will leap in to gently caress you up, at which point you pop slick shoes, he falls over, and you gently caress him up instead.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Magres posted:

Dragon's Maw stuns me out of my block

this isn't a thing

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

AnacondaHL posted:

Glad you had fun!

By the way, if you're crafting Viper exotics, check the TP for the Oiled whatever components you want. For reasons beyond my understanding there are a bunch listed for well below the value of the materials.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/oiled?rarity_filter=1&min_level=&max_level=&sort_name=asc

Linseed oil is ~65s (60s worth of flax seeds) and Oiled components take 5 each, so any of them at 3g or below ought to be a savings. The actual cost is higher because of the t6 materials but they look to be either ~5g or less than a gold.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Adhesive Gamin posted:

By the way, if you're crafting Viper exotics, check the TP for the Oiled whatever components you want. For reasons beyond my understanding there are a bunch listed for well below the value of the materials.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/oiled?rarity_filter=1&min_level=&max_level=&sort_name=asc

Linseed oil is ~65s (60s worth of flax seeds) and Oiled components take 5 each, so any of them at 3g or below ought to be a savings. The actual cost is higher because of the t6 materials but they look to be either ~5g or less than a gold.

the oiled components are used in getting the free ascended weapon collection

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I'm going to take an avocado out into a field and beat the poo poo out of it.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Why can't we all just put avocado in our poutine and all be happy!?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Lonk posted:

I'm going to take an avocado out into a field and beat the poo poo out of it.

then you can add in some spices/onion/etc and put it on nachos. What a good idea.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Aside from playing prettykitty dress-up and generally loving about for fun, is there anything else to really know about GW2 aside from what's in the OP?

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Magres posted:

Playing on Scrapper, what am I supposed to do about a Dragonhunter's death stack of traps? Like, trying to dodgeroll through it has netted me nothing but death and pain, and trying to block through it has had similar results. Like I tried to put up Hammer 4 and set them off and Dragon's Maw stuns me out of my block then crits me for 5k, then Precession crits me for another 10k. If I try to roll in and out I just get knocked over and die horrifically similarly.

Similarly, how does a DH not using the full heal signet consistently heal for 80-90% of their HP? I would jump this dude and blow him up for the vast majority of his HP then he would instantly be back to full health, spam all his traps, and I'd be dead.

E: I think the answer is deploy Bulwark Gyro just before rolling through, hopefully that finally helps because they've been giving me headaches

Don't dodge into the traps, use hammer 4 after triggering the traps, stay in place if you got hit with maw so you don't knock yourself out of block, avoid triggering the traps and just poke until you can set up a good burst, between your sustain and stealth gyro you should have full control over the tempo of the fight so just take it at your pace and keep calm

don't use bulwark gyro

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 18, 2016

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Laphroaig posted:

the oiled components are used in getting the free ascended weapon collection

They're consumed when you use them and all you can do is vendor the thing you get back. So I figure its either people just acting blindly (e.g. hey I bet the viper chestpiece recipe from this book is the most valuable! whoops everyone thought that and its 1/10th the price of others) or people made a bunch in preparation for the new burnzerker meta but that dropped out after they fixed double fielding.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Is burnzerker any good now though, as a condi warrior sounds fun.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Don't dodge into the traps, use hammer 4 after triggering the traps, stay in place if you got hit with maw so you don't knock yourself out of block, avoid triggering the traps and just poke until you can set up a good burst, between your sustain and stealth gyro you should have full control over the tempo of the fight so just take it at your pace and keep calm

don't use bulwark gyro

Hi Lazy, I miss you

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Don't ask me to play heroes and then avoid me :(

Miss you too just not this game at all

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

Sprite141 posted:

Is burnzerker any good now though, as a condi warrior sounds fun.

It's roughly half the damage it used to be, plus or minus depending on how well you can rotate through skills

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Don't ask me to play heroes and then avoid me :(

This has been a very big problem. We haven't re-tried to Hitler to completion, either.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CaptainSwanky posted:

It's roughly half the damage it used to be, plus or minus depending on how well you can rotate through skills

I don't know how it used to be, just that everyone wanted to play one and said it made condi warrior doable. I'm sure with sword/torch longbow you could still do a viable build that isn't as bad a sharevenom thief. Not including raids, because apparently a share venom thief is decent there?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Venomshare thief is very solid, partly because shared Basilisk Venom is like the only thing that gives Slick Shoes a run for its money for best bar breaking ability in the game. I can't think of anything else that comes even close, shared Basilisk Venom is 12 seconds of stun, and I think Slick Shoes is, on large enemies 12 or 18 seconds of knockdown

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Good Euro raid SFD, hope Raging Bull didn't scare you off :v:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Sprite141 posted:

I don't know how it used to be, just that everyone wanted to play one and said it made condi warrior doable. I'm sure with sword/torch longbow you could still do a viable build that isn't as bad a sharevenom thief. Not including raids, because apparently a share venom thief is decent there?

It used to be possible to place your longbow burst fields so that enemies were standing in two at the same time, doubling its output (this was trivial on large hitboxes like Gorseval) and the build was well ahead of most others in DPS. Since then they've fixed it so Burnzerker sort of fell behind the other builds that started popping up like Horror Reaper. It ought to work fine in situations where you need the condi damage (Vale Guardian) and nobody happens to have a better option ready. Brings extra banner buffs, warbanner, or spare knockback for seekers/breakbars too. You can even make it functional with just Sinister gear and 4x Nightmare / 2x Trapper or Balthazar runes, leaves you at like 98% duration without using Toxic crystals but you'll need to work out which sigils you use depending on how you go with it.

Venomshare Thief mostly requires you to have allies around to actually buff with venoms and enemies that live long enough for them to ramp up damage (all condi builds do, especially with 100% duration). It's fairly one-dimensional and gets flak in PvP for that, but the build also existed before stacking Poison damage, Viper's gear, and the Daredevil condi damage boost on dodges, so some of the jokes about it are outdated.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Are you guys saying burnzerker was only useful in raids cause of a design oversight with their fire fields?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Visidan posted:

Good Euro raid SFD, hope Raging Bull didn't scare you off :v:

Cletus do you know this "sleep" thing?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Are you guys saying burnzerker was only useful in raids cause of a design oversight with their fire fields?

Yup

That is exactly what happened.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Matthias finally got #rekt

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Alteisen posted:

Please. It was working as intended and then all the tears put out the fires :(

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I know GW2 is pretty much dead at this point but there was a rather large content drop today, marjorys dagger is %20 off.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
More anet gossip from a secret sauce (not guardian warhorn xushin).

spvp seasons are doing good stuff for the spvp population, they're incredibly happy with it

WvW is in dire straights they're trying as fast as they can to fix it, but for reals. They scrapped a significant change to how matchups worked a few months back.

Salvation Pass is extremely disappointing numbers wise, they're reevaluating a difficulty option to try and salvage it. (Probably not a surprise since the teeny population who still plays GW2 AND does raids would have beaten it in the first week and people that cant beat Spirit Vale wouldn't even bother with it) They're happy with the social media buzz (reddit) that a release brings however, they are of the opinion it doesn't bring inactive players back like other stuff, ie LS

living story 3 is ages away and they're retuning the HoT maps to be less of a hellish grindscape

I asked her about legendaries, stronghold, dungeons, fractals and sab but she didn't know anything.

I also asked about April 1st but got nuttin.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

I also asked about April 1st but got nuttin.

SAB confirmed

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
At least they aren't pulling a wildstar and making the raid harder after someone finally beats it :v:

Cyron posted:

You know, this was my favriote game for the last 3 years, what happened man. :(

Take a break for a while, thats what I did when I got burnt out. Stopped playing for a solid 5-6 months but now I'm digging it again

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 19, 2016

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
You know, this was my favriote game for the last 3 years, what happened man. :(

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
IMO making a difficulty option is fine, I don't think it'll tarnish my achievement for beating SV and SP or whatever the gently caress some of the cool dudes on reddit are saying. They kinda need reasons for people to play the game apart from 10% off res orbs if they keep shutting parts off like wvw, dungeons.

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

At least they aren't pulling a wildstar and making the raid harder after someone finally beats it :v:

Maybe they would if they could, It took them months to add an adrenaline mushroom to the map and another month to remove it. :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Take a break for a while, thats what I did when I got burnt out. Stopped playing for a solid 5-6 months but now I'm digging it again

Coincidentally if you take 6 months off you'll be back in time for the next content patch, wing 3.

• Locked thread