Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

A.o.D. posted:

Holy poo poo, Shiga, you moron, mustard gas doesn't just gently caress up your lungs.

No, but the only completely fatal effect is loving up your lungs. Why would Demons care if the body they're in gets hosed up beyond all recognition? As long as they're still alive, all they gotta do is find another person and off themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I feel bad for the tooth kid in Monster Pulse. He's about to have a severe heart attack.

Captain Bravo posted:

No, but the only completely fatal effect is loving up your lungs. Why would Demons care if the body they're in gets hosed up beyond all recognition? As long as they're still alive, all they gotta do is find another person and off themselves.

Demons body-jack the closest living person and right now that's Hunter or any remaining Jimmy's, Sweetpea's or demon soldiers. So the mustard gas is a bad thing right now, in any other situation they'd be fine.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Brought To You By posted:

I feel bad for the tooth kid in Monster Pulse. He's about to have a severe heart attack.

Before I scrolled down I was legit expecting Bina's dad to just slap the poo poo out of him and bypass all this shounen monster nonsense entirely

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

mr. stefan posted:

Before I scrolled down I was legit expecting Bina's dad to just slap the poo poo out of him and bypass all this shounen monster nonsense entirely

I agree, just kick the rest of his teeth in, problem solved.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

AriadneThread posted:

is the light another castle

More importantly, is the light bright enough to give the facsimile of life to the bloated and dead corpse of a webcomic.

Oh wait, we're not talking about demon anymore, are we?

Still stands, I guess.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Here's a short thing I found : http://www.chasing-comics.com/dewegvanmijnvader/ that was pretty good.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fritz posted:

Here's a short thing I found : http://www.chasing-comics.com/dewegvanmijnvader/ that was pretty good.

it is

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

fritz posted:

Charming.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ah, I can finally mark The End book 1 'Delivered' on my kickstarter spreadsheet. Next-oldest book kickstarter I'm waiting on is Notes on a Case of Melancholia, by the PBF guy.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Does a famous antique baseball bat count as a legendary weapon? I guess we're about to find out in The Sword Interval. I think it was linked a while ago in the thread because it's by the author of Derelict, Ben Fleuter. It took a bit to get up to speed but I'm enjoying it. Here's the main page with links to the first episode:
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/sword-interval/list?title_no=486

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I've been thinking it for a while, but I really hope part of King Radical's defeat in Dr. McNinja involves the doctor being hailed the Most Rad and usurping King Radical's title. The dude surfed robo-dracula's body back to earth, he's deserved it by now.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'd have laughed harder at today's smbc if I didn't know it was ripping off an old episode of buffy the vampire slayer.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'd have laughed harder at today's smbc if I didn't know it was ripping off an old episode of buffy the vampire slayer.

What episode? I think it was just meant to be a riff on Orpheus, I can't think what episode you mean that had a trip into the afterlife or anything.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Idran posted:

What episode? I think it was just meant to be a riff on Orpheus, I can't think what episode you mean that had a trip into the afterlife or anything.

Probably the bit where the gang resurrects Buffy because they think she is trapped in a hell dimension, but it turns out they ripped her out of heaven.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Patrick Spens posted:

Probably the bit where the gang resurrects Buffy because they think she is trapped in a hell dimension, but it turns out they ripped her out of heaven.

I wondered if they meant that, but "ripping off" made me think there was something more on the nose than that that I was forgetting; there's like nothing in common between the two except for the vague concept of "in heaven instead of hell".

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I did mean that, but was being deliberately hyperbolic with "ripping off"; it's essentially a joke I've heard before, so of course it's not as funny to me, but I appreciate that this time I didn't have to sit through an hour of teen drama to hear it :v:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

For those who still remember it exists, Ava's Demon updated.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I look forward to the next update in 8 months

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I cannot bring myself to look at it, not knowing when that will be

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Man, Ava's really letting it rock and roll. This was last update but I honestly didn't expect her to just vaporize an entire audience

Also jeez these twins are really some dirtbags aren't they?

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
Anyone else reading The Last Halloween? It's pretty good - the humor is a little obnoxious sometimes but I think the art pulls off the cute/creepy/gory tone really well.

Anyway, who's the lady in the most recent update? I get the feeling that we're supposed to remember her, but I don't.

Oh my god I'm an idiot :negative: I just realized who it is.

UnbearablyBlight fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 19, 2016

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I read it. I love Abby's art and I think she is very funny, but she's still working on her writing skills and it doesn't really work here. The tone is off-key and doesn't work like seven times out of ten. Still, I like her enough to finish reading it and hope her next project works better.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Esme posted:

Anyone else reading The Last Halloween? It's pretty good - the humor is a little obnoxious sometimes but I think the art pulls off the cute/creepy/gory tone really well.

Anyway, who's the lady in the most recent update? I get the feeling that we're supposed to remember her, but I don't.

Oh my god I'm an idiot :negative: I just realized who it is.

I don't think that The Last Halloween is anything special, but she has made some good stuff eg.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

I don't think that The Last Halloween is anything special, but she has made some good stuff eg.

Yeah, I really like JSPH. Like Tycho, she's funny but hasn't quite mastered the long form yet.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
In Vattu news, I feel like the gang will have an easier time going against Dog Rome than stepping into Lizard Drug Trade territory.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

SexyBlindfold posted:

In Vattu news, I feel like the gang will have an easier time going against Dog Rome than stepping into Lizard Drug Trade territory.
I still want to know what Big Green Smoker's deal is. He's extremely chill with pretty much everything going on around him and has actually been helpful and generous upon occasion, which just makes me think he'll turn out to be a member of the Fantasy Mafia in Dog Rome or some such.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Ofaloaf posted:

I still want to know what Big Green Smoker's deal is. He's extremely chill with pretty much everything going on around him and has actually been helpful and generous upon occasion, which just makes me think he'll turn out to be a member of the Fantasy Mafia in Dog Rome or some such.

He kinda looks like Koark's dad, so there is at least some small possibility he could be an ancestor of their family. If that's the case, he could be a teller. Would explain his general curiosity about stuff and chill attitude at any rate.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 20, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
interesting webcomic, what's it called

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like the sound of what this guy is selling me

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
that man doesnt have any clothes on!!!!!!!

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Tollymain posted:

The Aristocrats!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Tollymain posted:

Demon.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Speaking of which, it turns out Jimmy's real superpower is being a total loving psycho. Who would have guessed!?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Ofaloaf posted:

I suspect he either wants in on the unweight trade, probably exporting it overseas (since he's awfully interested in secretly procuring a ship that can carry a lot of stuff) or is involved with bringing the tea that the emperor needs for his illness. Maybe both!

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
Remember Alpha Flag? Yeah, probably not because it hasn't updated for two years. Well, it's back! I remember almost nothing about it except that the art was pretty and the plot was occasionally hard to follow. And that the artist really likes drawing shirtless men.

I'll probably let it build up a good buffer then reread the whole thing.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Recently Skullkickers concluded. Perhaps not the best word for it, since it didn't really wrap much of anything up, but it ended the only way it knew how. With lots of pulp.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Monster Pulse is really cute today! Everyone's reunited after being attacked, including all the main and most of the peripheral characters:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So, what's been happening in Manly Guys recently?

March 7 update:

quote:

I actually wrote this one like five years ago but this seemed like an appropriate time to use it

Man cancer is super in vogue this year, all the cool kids are getting it. And I guess that must mean I got invited to sit at the cool kid lunch table because the doctor’s pretty sure I have it too! At least as sure as he can be without physically going in and cutting pieces out.

Plus side, it’s pretty low-key 99.7% survivable thyroid cancer so if you gotta spin that cancer roulette wheel it’s basically like winning a jackpot. And I’ll get a cool Kurgan neck scar out of it, which I feel would massively compliment my aesthetic.

Minus side is I gotta take drugs to replace my thyroid for the rest of my life and get to live with hypo/perthyroidism until they get all the medication levels sorted out which is NOT GOING TO BE FUN while I’m also in the middle of working a full-time job and planning a wedding (and drawing all these webcomics what I do) So I will pre-emptively say, if you’re wondering why MGDMT is kind of janky or not in colour or whatever happens to be wrong with it that week, it’s probably because I have cancer.

That aside, I also got hammered with a super bad cold this weekend that completely knocked me out of commission, which, if you ask me, is completely not fair to get knocked out by a head cold the same week you get diagnosed with thyroid cancer.

Ah well, C’est la vie.

March 12 update:

quote:

If Frank Frazetta could learn to draw with his left hand so can I

Boy howdy it sure has been a lovely month for me, hasn’t it.

March 20 update:

quote:

The pumpkins make me feel more guilty than the pottery

This is an easy joke that a million people have made but whatever, I sincerely feel bad smashing pumpkins in this tiny little farming town to harvest rupees out of them and I can’t get over Link’s dumb placid lingering stare.

Anyway, final tally on the damage, I have a some impermanent nerve trauma making most of my right arm and hand numb that’s supposed to clear up in about six weeks, a small fracture in my shoulder, and some torn muscles and ligaments I’ll have to do physio for when it’s safe to lift my arm again in about three weeks. What I DO have is the go-ahead from the doctor to draw again with my right arm, because doing so with an ergonomically reshuffled workspace won’t exacerbate any of those issues. The experience of drawing right now is sort of like, if you lie on your arm long enough for it to go numb, then strap it to your body so you can only move at the elbow and try to see how much pen control you have. My arm gets tired quickly, it can’t move enough to sketch, and I need to intensely focus on what I’m doing to put lines where I need them, but by WORKING REALLY HARD and concentrating all my energy into the task I’ve worked out a system of sketching with my left hand and cleaning up with my right hand that allows me to continue working at the pace and quality necessary for a professional storyboard artist without doing anything to aggravate the injury.

If anything I hope this cements my career for the rest of my life, like whenever I apply for jobs, potential future employers ask around about me and testimonials are just like “She’s a loving machine who keeps chipping at the work like the T-1000 taking shotgun blasts. She boarded five minutes of television with a broken shoulder even faster and more efficiently than she was working before.” Make this my Tony Stark in a Cave With a Box of Scraps moment, like “dude, what’s your excuse? Kelly did this with nerve damage, a torn ligament, and thyroid cancer.”

Anyway, that’s me trying to look on the bright side.

• Locked thread