Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Go waste your own money on ur bad decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Baal posted:

No it's not, Eyes of Heaven looks like a better game than noted piece of poo poo All Star Battle

It also looks like an actual video game

Eyes of Heaven has a story mode that's more important although it's gameplay is audio sewage.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean Eye's of HEaven's story mode is rear end, but it's an actual single-player mode unlike the ASB Story mode

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Just read my copy of Part 2 Volume 2. Did they do the whole "we came from the West (MEXICO)" and "jojo faced him in Mexico (SANTANA)" in previous chapters? Seems like something that could have been worked in without the brackets and is jarring imo.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I bought the game physically at launch and would buy it again at that price. I think any PS3 Jojo fan should own the game, even if they wouldn't like it.

They put a lot of love into it.

Oh and from the Jojo part 4 thread, a teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXdK3O_dYKc

No one should buy anything they won't like. If you really want to support JoJo financially, start by buying the DVDs, then the jojoniums, tankubons, all the figures, statues, underwear, make a separate Crunchyroll account just to watch JoJo every month, and then if you still have money left, get the Capcom JoJo fighter instead.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can't buy Capcom JoJo fighter on PSN or XBLA anymore so your only choice is overpriced PS1 and DC copies.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Baal posted:

You can't buy Capcom JoJo fighter on PSN or XBLA anymore so your only choice is overpriced PS1 and DC copies.

I didn't realize they took it down. Still, the general point stands, there's tons of ways to shoot money at JoJo without buying something you don't want to own.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Five bucks for ASB is pretty easy decision though. If you want a game that looks pretty good and has your favorite JoJo poses it'll do for that. Unfortunately I bought it for 30 bucks two weeks ago since I needed it for the LP, so you cannot make a decision as poor as I did.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Baal posted:

Five bucks for ASB is pretty easy decision though. If you want a game that looks pretty good and has your favorite JoJo poses it'll do for that. Unfortunately I bought it for 30 bucks two weeks ago since I needed it for the LP, so you cannot make a decision as poor as I did.

If someone would get $5 of fun out it for that, that's cool, and I can see that working for a lot of fans. I was just responding to the idea that you should buy it even if you wouldn't enjoy it. For me, just watching the Youtube video of all the supers is plenty.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 19, 2016

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I bought it for full price. Twice (Japanese and English versions). Including all the DLC for both.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I bought it for full price. Twice (Japanese and English versions). Including all the DLC for both.

should be ABAJ imo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

in the ever-expanding universe of Jojo merch, you can soon own your very own Kakyoin soul doll/pouch or Cream pouch

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The cream pouch is pretty good honestly.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah, I actually like the pouch. If I wanted a Darby doll kakyoin I'd make one myself!!!

I keep thinking about doing lil felt morioh kids but I'm loving lazy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the closeups of the Kaky doll are very bad, so yeah look elsewhere. i'm more partial to the Cream trashcan than the pouch, but the latter is actually a reasonable purchase. :sweatdrop:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The Cream hoodie is the optimum choice when it comes to Vanilla Ice merchandise.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want the full collection of Stand hoodies except the obvious one.

Soft & Wet is probably the best overall. The design lends itself best to it.

shhh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/711310189438365696

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
loving finally, Jesus Christ

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

loving finally, Jesus Christ

I was getting worried it just wasn't gonna happen.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but... the first season was already dubbed? and released on home media??

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gross

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, that was WB. I'm guessing Viz is going to take over from SDC on, and hopefully release 1 and 2 on BD because they actually care.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
By WB, not by an actual western distributor of anime

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stfu, you French baby

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hopefully Viz can still get the rights to the EDs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt WB hasn't already covered them for the ED usage since those are probably tied with the distribution of the anime at this point

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Baal posted:

Stfu, you French baby

i want a french dub of jojo so bad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurtofan posted:

i want a french dub of jojo so bad.

So do i

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

Stfu, you French baby

Say it to my stand not online and see how frictionless you get

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Say it to my stand not online and see how frictionless you get

Is this a sex proposition or a threat?

Oh god it's both, isn't it?

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
If, god willing, there's a French dub of part 3 they should use the same guy who voiced Polnareff in the OVAs because he's so good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

Is this a sex proposition or a threat?

Oh god it's both, isn't it?

Dunno what kind of sex you been having if frictionless is your aim

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

If, god willing, there's a French dub of part 3 they should use the same guy who voiced Polnareff in the OVAs because he's so good
I don't even speak French and I could totally believe that guy was Polnareff.

The tone and delivery fit perfectly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah that French Pol is p great

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Where is the German dub Stroheim?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

oh Jerome Pauwels, he's in like everything, from video games (Mordin Solus in Mass Effect, Two-Face in Batman Arkham) to movies and tv shows (Hurley in Lost, Shane in Walking Dead, Jason Lee, Woody Harrelson etc...)

but I don' think he's done any anime since the Jojo's oav. Anime dubbing is in the lower rungs of french dubbing, right alongside british tv shows, Pauwels is too high profile now

I've heard that voice so often that it's really hard to associate it with Polnareff, it just sounds like Jerome Pauwels.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 19, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hopefully he'll remember his roots.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here is my gangbusters idea to make Araki billions

Cancel the dub
Sell release day translations of JoJolion from £1 to £2.50 from the 19th at 0000 JST.
Cancel the part 1 and 2 dubs retroactively
Sell all the Manga in English
Cancel ASB retroactively
Add another DIO to EoH
Cancel that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think Doug Erholtz was the one voicing Pol at the end of the next ep preview in episode 4 which is an interesting choice, but he wasn't wearing his French accent he will no doubt have for the dub of Part 3. His Vega voice in SF4 and 5 are pretty good, but he doesn't do goofy rear end chars like Pol very often.