Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Yeah I watched it and it made me rethink a lot of stuff I complain about when it comes to gay manga. It also really makes me want to go to 2chome.

e; for the new page

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Mar 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I was sad she didn't get into takarazuka at all

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

DisDisDis posted:

Yeah I watched it and it made me rethink a lot of stuff I complain about when it comes to gay manga. It also really makes me want to go to 2chome.

e; for the new page

I'd watch that crossover

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Troposphere posted:

I was sad she didn't get into takarazuka at all
yeah it did seem kind of male gayz focused imo

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Endorph posted:

yeah it did seem kind of male gayz focused imo

just like real life!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I wish she had gotten into yuri because that seems like mostly gay creators and they might have had more positive to say about it but with BL being such a massive phenomenon and comparing the attitude toward actual gay people with it I can see why they focused on it. Takarazuka would have been really cool I should really try to watch some.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
takarazuka owns and the culture behind it is nutso. I love it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://harlot.media/articles/1513/ellen-pages-gay-imperialism-is-not-activism

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I gotta sleep but I'll leave you with a clip from my alltime fave zuka production

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgQZm8UNH0

yoko wao is perfection

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The trailer’s next sound bite (from a white gay man) corroborates the thesis: “If you think that you live in a part of the world where there aren’t gay people, you’re wrong.”

Ellen chortles in concurrence.

Let’s be clear: If you think you live in a part of the world where eugenics-based systems of sexual classification did not supplant the expansive sexual practices and kinship arrangements of indigenous populations in the service of imperial domination, you’re wrong.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*reads that last sentence with eyes glazing over*

sa, same...?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Troposphere posted:

I gotta sleep but I'll leave you with a clip from my alltime fave zuka production

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgQZm8UNH0

yoko wao is perfection

Thanks, this is really cool!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gay I'mperialism

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

The trailer’s next sound bite (from a white gay man) corroborates the thesis: “If you think that you live in a part of the world where there aren’t gay people, you’re wrong.”

Ellen chortles in concurrence.

Let’s be clear: If you think you live in a part of the world where eugenics-based systems of sexual classification did not supplant the expansive sexual practices and kinship arrangements of indigenous populations in the service of imperial domination, you’re wrong.

:shittypop: Uh, yep

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
If we're still talking about Tales yaoi (and again, we always are, it's just the language is pretty well-coded most of the time), I genuinely do not get Sorey x Mikleo. They're really just a couple of nerds who have known each other for a long time and get into amusing archaeological arguments with each other all the time.

If I were to ship any two Tales guys, it would easily be Lloyd x Zelos. That's understandable.

Edit: yes, yes, I know a large portion of Tales' Japanese fan base is fujoshi. But still.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sylphid posted:

If we're still talking about Tales yaoi (and again, we always are, it's just the language is pretty well-coded most of the time), I genuinely do not get Sorey x Mikleo. They're really just a couple of nerds who have known each other for a long time and get into amusing archaeological arguments with each other all the time
they have a loving tickle fight dude

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

quote:

Alternatively, Rotten Women decolonize these normative prescriptions of gender and sexuality; troubling familiar forms of identity and community by privileging female friendship as the route to sexual pleasure rather than romantic coupling, and express that pleasure in negative feelings—embarrassment, cynicism.

Hey, fine with me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lailah even goes 'teehee' about them early on when they're having that little spat and the whole thing is coded like she's helping a couple get back together.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
http://youtu.be/65h5ZvNAVQ0

sorry one more link her facial expressions in this one are amazing and also her puffy red costume

e: woops wrong link fixed. I'm sleepy

Troposphere fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 19, 2016

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

should have used one where campbell has the skull-face

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

they have a loving tickle fight dude

I vaguely recall that. I still never got any real vibes from them.

Maybe my yaoi radar is down, I dunno.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I guess I would go with Guy/Luke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sylphid posted:

I vaguely recall that. I still never got any real vibes from them.

Maybe my yaoi radar is down, I dunno.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Troposphere posted:

http://youtu.be/65h5ZvNAVQ0

sorry one more link her facial expressions in this one are amazing and also her puffy red costume

e: woops wrong link fixed. I'm sleepy

woah, that stage!!!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got into BL pretty late so there wasn't any of the typical teenage girl likes yaoi because....I dunno, actually, why that's a teenage girl thing because I have only vaguely paid attention to the "why fujos like stuff" theorizing. I was reading shoujo romance and got tired of all the teenagers so I started reading josei romances, but there was virtually nothing translated and what was available was released at a glacial pace, so I turned to BL to find adult characters in romance and relationships that actually have some payoff. I like when characters get to have relationships and move past the initial start into the problems couples have staying together and BL manga is probably the most reliable place to find that stuff. Plus I like looking at guys so it's nice to have all male casts but I don't dislike female characters, enjoy MF romance just as much as MM, and while FF romance doesn't really appeal to me as strongly as long as there's a good story there I like those too.

poo poo it's 20 til 5, I've stayed up far too late, and have a terrible headache see y'all tomorrow afternoon sometime

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

DisDisDis posted:

woah, that stage!!!

zuka's staging of phantom is one of my fave things in the world

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Fair enough.

Still, at least Rose and Alicia get to buddy up during the DLC. As if I needed more incentive to play with Alisha more.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm so amped for volleyball rn, the last run of episodes have been fricking amazing

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
In the spirit of friendship toward our fujoshi sisters.

Luke and Asch are a pretty cool duo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm liking the designs.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Space Flower posted:

one of the granblue protags—the girl on the right named Catalina—is very popular amongst the cast, and the blond girl in her harem is yandere as all hell.

definitely a smile to protect.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 19, 2016

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
My review of Haikyuu 19-23:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Now kiss

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
http://videohall.tumblr.com/post/20736127433/cats-are-way-more-stupid-than-people-give-them

paging Dr. Knorth

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:kimchi: Good cats, would give boxes and pets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage