Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pavlov posted:

Hey carslappers was fun, I thought you guys were gunna surprise me again.

imo, Madoka doesn't get really good until the 9th episode.

but I hate you

literally months ago, I was told to watch the Madoka movie, and I'm gonna do it tomorrow night, purely out of spite for Pavlov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Well poo poo you guys should have just told me to watch the last 5 episodes then.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Every episode of Madoka is great. Not the show's fault you have lousy taste.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

esselfortium posted:

Every episode of Madoka is great. Not the show's fault you have lousy taste.

this sounds like entirely not the spirit of a thread about posting your opinions on the first few episodes of an anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ninjewtsu posted:

this sounds like entirely not the spirit of a thread about posting your opinions on the first few episodes of an anime

If the post were directed at anyone else I would agree

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
People spamming the thread with complaints about how bad Pavlov is or Davincie spewing slurs every time Pavlov posts are 800% more annoying than Pavlov's posts. Just put him on ignore, move on, and stop making GBS threads up the thread.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

People spamming the thread with complaints about how bad Pavlov is or Davincie spewing slurs every time Pavlov posts are 800% more annoying than Pavlov's posts. Just put him on ignore, move on, and stop making GBS threads up the thread.

Pavlovs posts are way worse and the ignore feature is for the absolutely weak.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Pavlovs posts are way worse and the ignore feature is for the absolutely weak.

"I'm too lazy to use the forum feature explicitly designed to let me not see Pavlov's posts any more" is a really dumb reason to keep making GBS threads up this thread, Sharky.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 19, 2016

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I don't think laziness has anything to do with it. The ignore feature is just for delicate little flowers who can't handle the harsh reality that they'll be confronted in life by people and opinions they don't like and so need to maintain a protective filter bubble around themselves.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

same

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

"I'm too lazy to use the forum feature explicitly designed to let me not see Pavlov's posts any more" is a really dumb reason to keep making GBS threads up this thread, Sharky.

If you ever use the ignore feature you lose.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Lemon-Lime posted:

I do wonder if there's a certain maturity level you need to attain before you realize that conversations are not a competition in masculinity that you need to win, and that while you can't avoid everything you dislike, it's up to you to manage your time and attention.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fangz posted:

I do wonder if there's a certain maturity level you need to attain before you realize that conversations are not a competition in masculinity that you need to win, and that while you can't avoid everything you dislike, it's up to you to manage your time and attention.

Olds get out. This forum belongs to the young now.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

We're gonna listen to rap music and drink illegally all over the place.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

what is that, an image for ants?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

as much as I like CROWDs, that's kinda bad advice in certain contexts.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

yeah, like if you need to make a phone call. Pretty bad time too turn off your phone!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Motto posted:

I think it sorta depends on how you interpret what it's saying. In the context of 'there's a forum poster who consistently annoys me and provides no value except increases my stress levels', I think it's good advice.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Motto posted:

Almost every context actually, even though its futile in a lot of cases internet wise open communication is the ideal in life.

If you got a problem with somebody you tell them.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fangz posted:

I think it sorta depends on how you interpret what it's saying. In the context of 'there's a forum poster who consistently annoys me and provides no value except increases my stress levels', I think it's good advice.

Nobody is stressing out over pavlovs bad posts, just calling them bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

I don't think laziness has anything to do with it. The ignore feature is just for delicate little flowers who can't handle the harsh reality that they'll be confronted in life by people and opinions they don't like and so need to maintain a protective filter bubble around themselves.
uhm, it's an internet forum, dude. are you seriously dropping the 'heh, can't handle reality, babies?' thing over someone not wanting to read shitposts on something awful.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Almost every context actually, even though its futile in a lot of cases internet wise open communication is the ideal in life.

If you got a problem with somebody you tell them.

And if they don't give a poo poo what problem you might have? What if getting that reaction is their motivation for doing their thing?

Fangz fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 19, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I just said it can be futile you idjit.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I know olds have trouble reading but next time try not to forget your glasses.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I just said it can be futile you idjit.

If it's futile, and as established, annoys other people, then why do it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh my god will you two shut up

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The next post better be telling A Darker Porpoise what anime to watch.

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Th-third season right??? :negative:

Partake of the Moe Pavlov, for this is your destiny!

Round 3. Spice and Wolf ended up being one of my new favorites. :toot:

Arikawa Under the Bridge
Baccano
Bokurano
Claymore
Dennou Coil
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell
Golgo 13
Hyouka
Nichibros
Paranoia Agent
Space Dandy
Spice and Wolf 5/5
Tatami Galaxy: 4/5
Tiger and Bunny
Wolf's Rain

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

oh my god will you two shut up

K.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

The next post better be telling A Darker Porpoise what anime to watch.

hyouka

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

you gotta post a list of your own too

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Arikawa Under the Bridge
Baccano
Bokurano
Claymore
Dennou Coil
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell
Golgo 13
Hyouka
Nichibros
Paranoia Agent
Space Dandy
Spice and Wolf 5/5
Tatami Galaxy: 4/5
Tiger and Bunny
Wolf's Rain

You should watch Hyouka.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Narue no Sekai
Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
Kuuchuu Buranko
Katte ni Kaizou

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Aye aye! :woop: Should start in on it in the next few days.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Fangz posted:

yes they are

i'm the plucky shonen protagonist of conversations

im accepting applications for my rival character, love interest, mentor, and comic relief best friend

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

yes they are

im accepting applications for my rival character, love interest, mentor, and comic relief best friend

I can mentor you in the ways of shitposting

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

yes they are

Sending you a CV for love interest part right now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cake Attack posted:

yes they are

hell, i've always been a rival to good posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

yes they are

I'm applying for all four

• Locked thread