Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Uthor posted:

Is Batwoman no longer gay??? I dropped the book when they kicked JH Williams III and crew off the book and stopped reading DC until Prez and Batgirl of Burnside.

Her N52 run ends with her trying to make amends with Maggie, and she's got a ring on her hand in the Injustice comic (also from Maggie).

She's been gay since Williams & Co. left, she just wasn't married in her own series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Comixology are doing a Gillen & McKelvie sale, though it looks like only certain things, maybe it's a bug though as it's displaying Wik+Div twice, once in its own box and in the box for Phonogram volume 1. Regardless, buy everything.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 11, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bought Wic+Div vol 3 to catch up and what the gently caress happened.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
This is going to sound completely random, and it's not even a sale, but holy poo poo, Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom : Triumph and Torment is finally available digitally.

I remember we discussed it last year (probably in the Avengers thread) and I complained about its digital absence.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PelvicNerve posted:

This is going to sound completely random, and it's not even a sale, but holy poo poo, Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom : Triumph and Torment is finally available digitally.

I remember we discussed it last year (probably in the Avengers thread) and I complained about its digital absence.

They are placing a poo poo ton of strange, Thor, and Fantastic four so assume a kickass sale is comming up soon

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Daredevil this week, maybe Punisher and Elektra too.

Really would like to pick up the original Punisher mini series.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

is there any other easy way to find out what comixology sales are happening besides their twitter account? because hoo boy, following corporate accounts that try to do jokes is a special kind of hell.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mark Waid's entire Daredevil run is on sale and its awesome! Its one of the best Daredevil's run and well worth a read. There are a couple issues missing as it had crossovers with Spider-man and Punisher.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They have a tumblr, I think? Or check your email?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sunday night a marvel sale goes sup and that's 24 hours. Monday a DC sometimes goes up and that's a week. Thursday Marvel usually has another sale. The other companies usually put sales up on one of these three days. Also keep an eye on this thread as people post about them all the time.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

^^ aight thanks, knowing the sales schedules of the companies should help out a lot.

Gaz-L posted:

They have a tumblr, I think? Or check your email?

they seem to miss a lot of the one-day marvel sales with emails unfortunately, ill check out the tumblr tho, thanks.

also gonna confirm that mark waid's daredevil run is the good poo poo, might honestly be my favorite run of daredevil.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

FutureFriend posted:

they seem to miss a lot of the one-day marvel sales with emails unfortunately, ill check out the tumblr tho, thanks.

I follow their tumblr. It used to be pretty sparse, only listing sales and the occasional art reblogs. The guy who ran it left and the new person posts A LOT of unrelated content. Especially Wednesdays where you'll get a couple dozen posts full of panels of comics that came out that day. It's gotten pretty easy to skim over all the posts and miss the sales. :smith:

This thread seems to catch the best sales, at least. :unsmith:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FutureFriend posted:

is there any other easy way to find out what comixology sales are happening besides their twitter account? because hoo boy, following corporate accounts that try to do jokes is a special kind of hell.
Their Tumblr is even worse in this regard. Eeesh.

Their mailing list thing tells you about all the sales and new stuff in a relatively no-nonsense manner, so use that.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I look at their website at the usual times their sales go up. Because it's the easiest.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah if your really curious just check between 11:00 p.m. And like 11:59 p.m. On Thursday, Sunday and Monday. Occasionally they also have one on Wednesday but not as consistency.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Comixology has a sale on Sex Criminals and for once the sale includes the collected editions.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Anime_Otaku posted:

Comixology has a sale on Sex Criminals and for once the sale includes the collected editions.

I was going to say only eight issues are available, but they seem to be missing from the Android app in general. Look for them on the website!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Anime_Otaku posted:

I've only read the first two collections so far, but I love Sex Criminals. It's one of my three favorite comics right now, along with Chew and Saga.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

You can get a year of Marvel Unlimited for $60 with the code SEASON2

http://marvel.com/daredevilmu

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Syrinxx posted:

You can get a year of Marvel Unlimited for $60 with the code SEASON2

http://marvel.com/daredevilmu

Perfect. My sub was about to run out!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
First year access only, it appears.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yep. Oh well. I don't mind paying full price for MU. It more than pays for itself with as much as I end up reading.

The pannel view is still broken on my phone though...

Norns fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 19, 2016

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
It does say 'Offer is open to new and former (now-cancelled) Marvel Unlimited members' in the small print though.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Worth looking into, but they usually run out your existing subscription if you cancel. More likely, the deal is for new and "lapsed" members - I doubt the deal will last long enough for existing members to cancel and then come back.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Golf clap for DC, whose Batman v Superman sale kicks off with a selection of Batman titles... at their regular price!
What a deal! I hope this culminates in an actual sale by the time the movie's out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Space Fish posted:

Golf clap for DC, whose Batman v Superman sale kicks off with a selection of Batman titles... at their regular price!
What a deal! I hope this culminates in an actual sale by the time the movie's out.

DC sales are on Monday nights. Marvel is on Sunday

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Yeah, but Comixology still featured DC's Batman selections on the front page of their app, a space which is usually reserved for either sales or new releases. "Some reading suggestions if you have a moment" isn't as worthy of prime promotion, in my opinion.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They do that all the time. The flash and Secret Wars both have had spots before.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Look, I attended the Snyder/Capullo farewell to Batman panel, and now I'm jonesing to reread their whole run!
Thank you for your sensible rebuttals.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Space Fish posted:

Look, I attended the Snyder/Capullo farewell to Batman panel, and now I'm jonesing to reread their whole run!
Thank you for your sensible rebuttals.

Well good for you, I hope you're ready to read...

World's Finest? Huh. That's it. Just World's Finest. No Batman or Superman individual comics, or even Batman/Superman. Just World's Finest.

Maybe there will be more later cause this one ends on 3/27 instead of going the whole 7 days like usual.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobkatt013 posted:

DC sales are on Monday nights. Marvel is on Sunday

Is anything on sale yet? I kept thinking they would have one out already? Surprised not to see anything earlier.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 22, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gfanikf posted:

Is anything on sale yet? I kept thinking they would have one our alright? Surprised not to see anything earlier.

Its a poo poo one. A bunch of the brave and the bold and that's it. I was hoping to drop some cash on some Superman comics. Oh well maybe they will have one this weekend or Monday.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is the Dave Gibbons 1990 World's Finest worth $3? The art looks cool.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobkatt013 posted:

Its a poo poo one. A bunch of the brave and the bold and that's it. I was hoping to drop some cash on some Superman comics. Oh well maybe they will have one this weekend or Monday.

I'm hoping it will be something like that awesome bogo graphic novel one they had within the last year. Got Forever Evil and Superman Doomed and a bunch of other good stuff.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Humble Aspen Comic Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/aspen-comics

(I haven't read any of these.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why the gently caress does my 'Unread comics' list keep filling up with ancient stuff even after I empty it?!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DC finally put Batman and Superman Graphic novels on sale on Comixology.

Edit: it's all first volumes of a trade except for TDKR.

:wtc: DC can't you guys run a decent tie in sale.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 24, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

gfanikf posted:

Luthor is the complete miniseries.

e: and Hush is one thing.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

How's the Dave Gibbons/Steve Rude World's Finest mini that's on sale? Solid creative team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gfanikf posted:

The sale is dogshit. I hope they get some issues up tonight.