Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Instead of wasting time hand-wringing about whether or not a particular game is anime or not. Why not just accept it and enjoy video games without worrying if they're too anime to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

Someone pick a stand for me to roll with this playthrough of jjba 7th stand user

specials has a bunch of extraa dialog so do tht one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Instant Sunrise posted:

Instead of wasting time hand-wringing about whether or not a particular game is anime or not. Why not just accept it and enjoy video games without worrying if they're too anime to play?

yeah for reals

like if something has weird underage poo poo then don't play it for that reason not because oh no it was drawn by THE YELLOW PERIL

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I hope that stupid rumor about Red Dead Redemption 2 being announced at E3 this year and a remastered version of RDR happening are true.

I'm falling for some dumb rumor for sure but I love that game so much.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Skeezy posted:

I hope that stupid rumor about Red Dead Redemption 2 being announced at E3 this year and a remastered version of RDR happening are true.

It's going. To be Bully 2 :angel:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Skeezy posted:

they're not.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

I wouldn't be against Bully 2 either. But right now I'm listening to the main theme from The Magnificent Seven so it has to be RDR2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

Oh please oh please

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

la noire 2

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

goons what is the opinion on transformermen devestation, currently on sale for 25 bux. I love bayonetta and platinum poo poo so is this game worth it, forgot how it was received when it came out

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Stux posted:

la noire 2

Get that anime poo poo out of here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MinibarMatchman posted:

goons what is the opinion on transformermen devestation, currently on sale for 25 bux. I love bayonetta and platinum poo poo so is this game worth it, forgot how it was received when it came out

The combat owns though some of the other stuff is annoying but no worse than like the rail shooter bits in other Platinum games

The Starscream and Soundwave boss battles are probably the best I played last year

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

Get that anime poo poo out of here.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also, there is no issue with Anime games. Some of my best friends are anime games.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Anime has gone too far *cocks dual desert eagles*

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Oh drat I forgot Mafia 3 is on the way this year

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cram me sideways posted:

Oh drat I forgot Mafia 3 is on the way this year

After Mafia 2 I'm amazingly eh on that but I still hope it's good

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I tried Moon Hunters last night. The gameplay and concept were neat but there's a lot of polishing to be done before it'll be anywhere near a finished product. There's a bunch of blank text fields, a skill left in Russian, there's no tutorial or manual, and I'm pretty sure it kept swapping our reputations around for endscreens.

It's got couch coop tho, and I'll keep playing any piece of poo poo if it's fun with friends.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Setting is late 60s New Orleans and you play a black guy back from Viet Nam trying to get he own empire going and Vito's back.

Game has a hell of a premise if nothing else. Mafia 2 wasn't an outstanding game especially in comparison to GTA, but the story and characterization were top shelf.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That does sound cool, to be honest I don't really remember much about 2 other than everything but the main storyline getting carved out to be DLC

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I wish I knew who bought this for me. I'd like to thank them before I change it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not even sure what it's from to be honest

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I reverse googled it to see if it was from something but all I got was Minecraft Xbox Pixel Art Episode 2 Kurt Cobain and Diamond Pickaxe:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Awww man, did I miss anime discussion? I wanted to post my favorite quest from my favorite anime game.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Whodunit%3F

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Remember when Tex Avery did that anime parody in 1943?

Who Killed Who? is loving hilarious.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

vegeta

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Remember when Tex Avery did that anime parody in 1943?

Who Killed Who? is loving hilarious.

who killed whom

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing Stein;gate lately. It's really good and tries to not seem anime as gently caress with good writing and a watercolor style but when you get down to it, it's still anime as gently caress. Still it's hard to dislike a game where a character refers to the Large Hadron Collider as "moe".

I've also been playing Gravity Rush which is oddly simultaneously anime and French as gently caress.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Did some yard work and now I'm trying to juggle my time between Chrono Trigger DS, Bravely Default (and Second demo), Twilight Princess, Fallout 4, and The Division. :shepicide:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skeezy posted:

Did some yard work and now I'm trying to juggle my time between Chrono Trigger DS, Bravely Default (and Second demo), Twilight Princess, Fallout 4, and The Division. :shepicide:

Play the ones that aren't bad.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Sakurazuka posted:

After Mafia 2 I'm amazingly eh on that but I still hope it's good

Who knows, make 2k won't lobotomize the game by chopping out parts of it to sell as DLC and ahahahahaha

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lady Naga posted:

Play the ones that aren't bad.

Yeah, don't play Fallout 4

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Sakurazuka posted:

IDK if you're trying to trap me or smth but yeah that one isn't very good.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Sakurazuka posted:

wrong

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

All those games are fine.

Power went out in the house anyways so I can't use the PS4. I'll go and play something on the DS.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

that list is funny though because the non-ds games on it are all considered disappointments.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Oh god and it's the PS4 version of Fallout 4 that's even worse.

Also regardless of my personal feelings on Chrono Trigger isn't CT DS considered a disappointment other than that it's a legal way to play the game in Europe?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Lady Naga posted:

Oh god and it's the PS4 version of Fallout 4 that's even worse.

:gonk: never mind, in that case...

Sakurazuka posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Could be worse, could be the Xbox One version

• Locked thread