Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The GIG posted:

Is the Capcom lawsuit still going on? That was the reason we got Samurai Warriors 4-II instead of Samurai Warriors 4 XL.

Shoot. I had forgotten about that. No new news after a quick :effort: search. Just the original story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

K-T have basically given up expansion packs in favour of DLC and plain old sequels because of the lawsuit, SW4-II being like it was was either an experiment to see if they could get away with selling them as separate games or it was just already in production when Capcom went after them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ughhhh I am going to have enough Hyrule Warriors to play it for the rest of my life, what is this horse poo poo noooooooo

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I bought the season pass and I've only just cleared out the first adventure map. I love this game to death, but Jesus Christ do I hope the exp and material drop rates are like five times as much or I will never see any of the new content in Legends.

Seriously there's so much content in the game I don't get why they had to make it such a grindy ball-ache on top of it all.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was the lawsuit about? Something about capcom having the rights to making expansion discs or something?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mr Phillby posted:

I bought the season pass and I've only just cleared out the first adventure map. I love this game to death, but Jesus Christ do I hope the exp and material drop rates are like five times as much or I will never see any of the new content in Legends.

Seriously there's so much content in the game I don't get why they had to make it such a grindy ball-ache on top of it all.

I assume Legends will default to the increased drop rated they added to later Adventure maps.

I HOPE so, anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the lawsuit about? Something about capcom having the rights to making expansion discs or something?

Capcom said they had patent (or copyright, whichever) to expansions that add content to the base game rather then being standalone missions or extras.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Specifically it was on the Mixjoy thing where you you used the base game's disk to access that content since the expansion doesn't have the base game, or something like that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So uh, with Legends just around the corner I realized I've played waaaaay to little of this game. However as I started it up I remembered why I haven't played it more, and it's because I'm incredibly bad at management. :( It just really stresses me out when a dozen NPCs are all yelling at me, keeps are in danger and goals are changing. I think I just haven't learned to filter all the info properly yet, and I'm so bad at prioritizing that I spend a lot of time simply running like a rubber band between stuff. It's not that I keep losing all the time or anything, I'm just stressed because it feels like I'm constantly failing.

Do the different difficulty settings make a huge difference? I'm honestly having enough fun just playing around with the different characters and weapons that I'm wondering if I should just put the game on Easy and try to stop stressing :kiddo: Any tips from the thread on how to git gud (well, how to prioritize anyway) would also be greatly appreciated.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Your Computer posted:

So uh, with Legends just around the corner I realized I've played waaaaay to little of this game. However as I started it up I remembered why I haven't played it more, and it's because I'm incredibly bad at management. :( It just really stresses me out when a dozen NPCs are all yelling at me, keeps are in danger and goals are changing. I think I just haven't learned to filter all the info properly yet, and I'm so bad at prioritizing that I spend a lot of time simply running like a rubber band between stuff. It's not that I keep losing all the time or anything, I'm just stressed because it feels like I'm constantly failing.

Do the different difficulty settings make a huge difference? I'm honestly having enough fun just playing around with the different characters and weapons that I'm wondering if I should just put the game on Easy and try to stop stressing :kiddo: Any tips from the thread on how to git gud (well, how to prioritize anyway) would also be greatly appreciated.

Honestly a lot of the time you can ignore 90% of what they're yelling about, the difference is learning what you actually have to pay attention to (Base is falling for example)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Your Computer posted:

Simply ignore the cries of any character that isn't someone important to the mission like your commander or people who's part of a mission objective (within reason). You can ignore any keep that isn't your base as well. Of course, some characters have an easier/faster time fulfilling missions or clearing out keeps or killing mooks/officers (like Link with Master Sword or Ganondorf) over others which give them a little more freedom to help if you so choose (and the guy screaming for help isn't halfway across the map).

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Remember that when they're offscreen they are more or less on a timer, and most of the time a pretty generous one at that, so even when the game tells you they are in danger, you still have time to finish up what you're doing before rescuing them. Even when they come back onscreen, if they're not surrounded by tons of generics you don't have to worry about clearing out stuff for them, just hit their rescue circle and go back to the mission and grab a few minor checkpoints to bump your morale on the way if you want to be safe.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Also, someone who's played Legends has said that the three paid DLC characters from the Wii U version do indeed drop unique materials in Legends (like Young Link drops a Keaton Mask instead of the Link material of equivalent rank).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the tips! Another question I have, is there any practical way to try out weapons? I haven't found any sort of training mode or practice map and googling only returns results for the Training Dojo (which of course has nothing to do with it at all).

I just want to learn some combos without NPCs constantly screaming at me :shobon:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Do you have to unlock charecters in Legends because I want to do that again

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Your Computer posted:

Thanks for the tips! Another question I have, is there any practical way to try out weapons? I haven't found any sort of training mode or practice map and googling only returns results for the Training Dojo (which of course has nothing to do with it at all).

I just want to learn some combos without NPCs constantly screaming at me :shobon:

There's no dedicated training mode or anything, but the very first square that you start at on the first Adventure Mode map is a good place to try out weapons. It's got a decent amount of mooks, some enemy captains, one giant boss, no allies that need help and no bases that need to be defended. Plus, the enemies are all pretty weak so there's really no danger of dying.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Do you have to unlock charecters in Legends because I want to do that again

Yes.

However, they either come as you progress through Legend Mode or are found on the original Adventure Map whose difficulty is toned down to make it the easiest Adventure Map of the five base maps.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just tried out the Hyrule Warriors Legends demo for the 3DS and it feels like the game is running at 20 FPS with slowdowns. It's better on the N3DS right? I've preordered a ~*~Hyrule Edition~*~ N3DS XL so it shouldn't be a problem, but I have no idea when that'll show up.

Dunban posted:

There's no dedicated training mode or anything, but the very first square that you start at on the first Adventure Mode map is a good place to try out weapons. It's got a decent amount of mooks, some enemy captains, one giant boss, no allies that need help and no bases that need to be defended. Plus, the enemies are all pretty weak so there's really no danger of dying.

That's an excellent idea! Thanks :3:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yep, enemy density and framerate are fixed up on the N3DS

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They should have just made it a N3DS exclusive because it's virtually unplayable on the old.
Which is kind of odd since KT have made perfectly playable Warriors games on 3DS in the past.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Your Computer posted:

If the game feels like it's throwing too much pressure on you, you can always pause the game and look at the map to get a fresh view on how things look. also it never hurts to reset the map and start over.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Your Computer posted:

I'd say if you're just starting out (again), to play through the story on easy mode. The story is basically just introductory for adventure mode, which can sometimes be hectic, but I've found story mode to be almost overly so. I've A-ranked nearly every adventure mode square and a smattering of the DLC and second quest maps and I recently went back to play through some of the story missions on hard to get skulltulas and I was immediately taken aback by how hectic they were. You're expected to be in a thousand different places a lot of times and they keep throwing things at you out of left field and it's all very overwhelming.

Stick to easy mode to get through the story and get a feel for the game. Adventure Mode starts off on an easy slope and gradually picks up the difficulty, but none of the adventure mode stuff I've seen so far has been as overwhelming as the story missions on harder difficulties.

Just my two cents.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Huh, I played on Normal and thought that was way too easy (though didn't touch hard until I went back and did skulltula clean-up)

The advice I'd give instead is just to make sure everyone talking is done talking before really moving out. Two clear examples would be the mission where you have to use the great fairy against Cia. The game opens the fountain and yells "go here now and do it!" and if you do well... it fails you. Cia calls you a idiot and after like 10 lines you get the "you failed this task" notification as well as a swarm of powered up super enemies and Volga.

If you stop and sit through every line the characters will go "actually on second thought we shouldn't activate the fountain yet we need to lead enemies to the middle first!" and your NPC's split up to help. This nukes 70% of Cia's forces and weakens volga pretty badly. This one is terrible for that.

Another example would be in Cia's mission (downloadable story) you have to pick Zant or Midna to fight- Zant runs away like a ninny and it forces you to back-track and fight Midna anyway. In this level though Midna has like 30 things to spout at you when you enter her part of the map. Each text box slower then the last. If you win against her Zant starts running for a exit and you have to cut him off and beat him.

The catch is Midna locked the doors and there's no way to get out- it's in one of the text boxes she never shuts up about. The only way to get out of this trap is to beat Agitha who only spawns when Midna is done rambling. If you scramble to midna right away and beat her you'll only be making the situation worse by giving Zant ample time to escape due to the game trying to catch up through text boxes, while if you want for a minute Agitha will spawn on time like she's supposed to and you can slap her and get to Zant before he even leaves his room.

There are a lot of hectic maps but there's also a lot of junk like that.

Edit: Also two general gameplay tips would be
1: After doing a dodgeroll if you keep the button held Link or whoever your using will break into a sprint right away- this'll get you all over the place a lot faster then just waiting for it to occur from walking places.

2: Enemy generals all have some kind of weakness and they all have a big tell when they're open to them. Lizalfos (lizard guys with swords and fire breath) for example will start glowing white, if you shoot him with a arrow while he's charging up he'll start spinning around nuking his teammates instead and will expose himself to a weak point smash right out the gate. From memory-
Poes - Arrows
Moblins - Bombs
Lizalfos - Arrows
Lizalfos but in the air I can't recall what they're called - Arrows + Hookshot

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 21, 2016

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm glad that in Legends the game straight-up tells you which enemies are weak to which items by displaying the appropriate icon next to them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

They should have just made it a N3DS exclusive because it's virtually unplayable on the old.
Which is kind of odd since KT have made perfectly playable Warriors games on 3DS in the past.

Well shoot, wish I'd known that before preordering.

My old system's pretty old (it's Nintendium so it stillworks fine except for the hinge) and I was planning to upgrade "when a New 3ds-only game I really want comes out" so I guess that's now. Probably a question I should ask in the 3DS thread, but anything I should know before a system transfer other than "it needs a micro SD card so get one while there"?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

Well shoot, wish I'd known that before preordering.

My old system's pretty old (it's Nintendium so it stillworks fine except for the hinge) and I was planning to upgrade "when a New 3ds-only game I really want comes out" so I guess that's now. Probably a question I should ask in the 3DS thread, but anything I should know before a system transfer other than "it needs a micro SD card so get one while there"?

Make sure you pick up another charging cable/dock as well if you plan on trading the old one in.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Medium Cool posted:

Make sure you pick up another charging cable/dock as well if you plan on trading the old one in.

Nah, places around here don't take trade-insystems without serial numbers, and the DS line places theirs right where they're going to rub away after years of use. Seriously, it's EXACTLY where I rest my fingers.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

Nah, places around here don't take trade-insystems without serial numbers, and the DS line places theirs right where they're going to rub away after years of use. Seriously, it's EXACTLY where I rest my fingers.

Huh, I'd never looked at my 3DS's serial numbers before you mentioned this but you're totally right.

I'll probably grab a New 3DS for this too but hang on to my old one, maybe give it to my nephew with some of my Kirby games or something.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Huh, I played on Normal and thought that was way too easy (though didn't touch hard until I went back and did skulltula clean-up)

The advice I'd give instead is just to make sure everyone talking is done talking before really moving out. Two clear examples would be the mission where you have to use the great fairy against Cia. The game opens the fountain and yells "go here now and do it!" and if you do well... it fails you. Cia calls you a idiot and after like 10 lines you get the "you failed this task" notification as well as a swarm of powered up super enemies and Volga.

If you stop and sit through every line the characters will go "actually on second thought we shouldn't activate the fountain yet we need to lead enemies to the middle first!" and your NPC's split up to help. This nukes 70% of Cia's forces and weakens volga pretty badly. This one is terrible for that.

Another example would be in Cia's mission (downloadable story) you have to pick Zant or Midna to fight- Zant runs away like a ninny and it forces you to back-track and fight Midna anyway. In this level though Midna has like 30 things to spout at you when you enter her part of the map. Each text box slower then the last. If you win against her Zant starts running for a exit and you have to cut him off and beat him.

The catch is Midna locked the doors and there's no way to get out- it's in one of the text boxes she never shuts up about. The only way to get out of this trap is to beat Agitha who only spawns when Midna is done rambling. If you scramble to midna right away and beat her you'll only be making the situation worse by giving Zant ample time to escape due to the game trying to catch up through text boxes, while if you want for a minute Agitha will spawn on time like she's supposed to and you can slap her and get to Zant before he even leaves his room.

There are a lot of hectic maps but there's also a lot of junk like that.

Edit: Also two general gameplay tips would be
1: After doing a dodgeroll if you keep the button held Link or whoever your using will break into a sprint right away- this'll get you all over the place a lot faster then just waiting for it to occur from walking places.

2: Enemy generals all have some kind of weakness and they all have a big tell when they're open to them. Lizalfos (lizard guys with swords and fire breath) for example will start glowing white, if you shoot him with a arrow while he's charging up he'll start spinning around nuking his teammates instead and will expose himself to a weak point smash right out the gate. From memory-
Poes/Icy Big Poes when charging up for their wider-than-usual lantern dark/ice flamethrower attack - Arrows
Moblins/Shield Moblins when charging up for their spin-to-body-slam attack - Bombs
Lizalfos & Dinolfos when making their fire wall before slamming down on it - Arrows (Legends also seem to hint that they can be done with Bombs as well)
Aeralfos/Fiery Aeralfos when creating a fire wall when airborne before slamming down on it - Arrows + Hookshot

Fixed.

Also, here's the rest of the usual enemy generals:

Darknuts/Stalmasters when charging up for their multiple sword beams - Boomerang (Alternatively, attack then dodge to the side of the Darknut/Stalmaster, no need for them charging up their super attack, and repeat until Weak Point Gauge appears)
Gibdos/Redead Knights when creating an area of poison around themselves - Arrows

I have no idea if Hylian Captains and Goron Captains also have that kind of weakness since they don't seem to have a super move (when the enemies look like they're charging up for a super attack, that's the cue to hit them with the right item).

If you're decent with multiple characters/weapons that have different elements, you could also try to take advantage of a missions recommended element, or an enemy's elemental weakness. The element of the weapon decides if you're able to do increased damage or not, not the move themselves. (So Sheik can only hit for increased damage against opponents weak against the lightning element, though that leads to fun stuff like Ruto taking increased damage from a water tornado and a blast of fire of all things.) Giant Bosses on the other hand take neutral damage from every element, but their WPGs are suceptible against moves that can apply the right elemental effect. (So Sheik's Bolero of Fire deals the usual WPG damage against Argorok's WPG because Argorok's WPG is weak against moves that can apply the lightning effect, but Manhandla's WPG on the other hand will take almost the entire gauge, leaving only two pies, because of the boss's weakness against moves that can cause the fire effect.)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the tips everyone!

I do feel that a lot of Legend Mode is pretty hectic, but I had no idea about the text box thing. That certainly explains a couple of odd moments! Maybe I'm rushing and just need to slow down, I often found myself clearing out a bunch of keeps and stuff while the characters were talking, only to have all the enemies reappear (how can you get reinforcements teleported into everything I already cleared :argh:) I'm super terrible at using items too, though I blame this in part on me mostly playing on the gamepad with no TV. Having to scroll through items is pretty slow, and very confusing mid-battle.

Speaking of hectic, I just did the last boss for the first time (chickened out last time) and man what an utter clusterfuck. I did myself no favors by picking Midna, because the camera is so low that the constant thunder AoE wasn't visible (unless I titled the camera up) and the slowdown during the boss fight(s) was so bad that I couldn't get any combos off. :saddowns:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Thanks for the tips everyone!

I do feel that a lot of Legend Mode is pretty hectic, but I had no idea about the text box thing. That certainly explains a couple of odd moments! Maybe I'm rushing and just need to slow down, I often found myself clearing out a bunch of keeps and stuff while the characters were talking, only to have all the enemies reappear (how can you get reinforcements teleported into everything I already cleared :argh:) I'm super terrible at using items too, though I blame this in part on me mostly playing on the gamepad with no TV. Having to scroll through items is pretty slow, and very confusing mid-battle.

Speaking of hectic, I just did the last boss for the first time (chickened out last time) and man what an utter clusterfuck. I did myself no favors by picking Midna, because the camera is so low that the constant thunder AoE wasn't visible (unless I titled the camera up) and the slowdown during the boss fight(s) was so bad that I couldn't get any combos off. :saddowns:

Ganon's easy if you know what you're doing, but he can be rather tough when it's your first time. His first phase is basically spot the attack and switch to the item needed, and on his second phase, his WPG is susceptible against attacks applying the light effect, but a fat load of good that actually does you when he gets up faster than any other boss if you don't have the Light Arrows powered close to max.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I thought I loved this game, but after being stuck on an adventure space with The Imprisoned now for over an hour I'm starting to change my mind.

Jesus that boss nearly singlehandedly made Skyward Sword a Bad Game and he's almost worse in this one, it doesn't help that you're fighting him inside a keep so the camera is constantly freaking the gently caress out either. Game, why are you bad. Let me love you.

e: while I'm mad/bad at videogames I'm definitely enjoying Adventure Mode more than Legend Mode however

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 23, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Again, this game would be a LOT more fun if it wasn't for that loving damage requirement on the Adventure maps. It alone turns the game from what would have been amazing into fun, but insanely aggravating. The damage requirement IS single-handedly the reason why I have only done about half the TP map and only about a quarter of the MM one.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Again, this game would be a LOT more fun if it wasn't for that loving damage requirement on the Adventure maps. It alone turns the game from what would have been amazing into fun, but insanely aggravating. The damage requirement IS single-handedly the reason why I have only done about half the TP map and only about a quarter of the MM one.

This

They wouldn't even have to totally get rid of damage requirements, just have it be based on a % of your total health. As it is now heart containers are totally useless because you'll fail the rank way before you die. Just having the requirement be "can't lose as many hearts as is your current maximum" would be fine. That way you can still heal but if you take enough damage to "die" then you lose the A rank.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of things I'm not super fond of, are giant bosses supposed to take a really long time to kill or am I doing something wrong?

There was an adventure space where I just had to kill two King Dodongos which sounds easy enough, but I almost ran out of time because they just wouldn't do their inhale. They're basically invulnerable outside of the weak point attack and even that only took 1/3 of their health so it took several minutes just to kill one. I'm having a similar problem with a lot of enemies where I can't reliably bait out an attack, and I have zero idea how to get better at it :(

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

LanceKing2200 posted:

They wouldn't even have to totally get rid of damage requirements, just have it be based on a % of your total health. As it is now heart containers are totally useless because you'll fail the rank way before you die. Just having the requirement be "can't lose as many hearts as is your current maximum" would be fine. That way you can still heal but if you take enough damage to "die" then you lose the A rank.

Same with Skulltulas, getting the second one on maps is frustrating because you can't lose more than four hearts and when you're on a map where a hit from an enemy takes five to ten hearts, it effectively turns it into a "don't get hit at all" mission which is not fun in a game where a mook can sneak up behind you and smack you while you're focused on an officer. But yeah it's been mentioned before how dumb it is that most of the prizes are Heart Containers when in order to get the best ranking on the stage it doesn't matter if you have 5 hearts or 30 hearts. It's just an incredibly bad design choice.

Your Computer posted:

Speaking of things I'm not super fond of, are giant bosses supposed to take a really long time to kill or am I doing something wrong?

There was an adventure space where I just had to kill two King Dodongos which sounds easy enough, but I almost ran out of time because they just wouldn't do their inhale. They're basically invulnerable outside of the weak point attack and even that only took 1/3 of their health so it took several minutes just to kill one. I'm having a similar problem with a lot of enemies where I can't reliably bait out an attack, and I have zero idea how to get better at it :(

Giant bosses can take a while to kill depending on what level they are and what level you are, and what abilities you have on your weapon. Some of the beginning stages on the first Adventure Map, I can take out a King Dodongo in a single weak point smash because my Link is level 165, and has a Power Glove that deals extra damage to dragon type enemies. On the Twilight Princess map however it usually takes two or three.

King Dodongos usually do the inhale if you lock on to them and stay just out of their fire breath attack range. They'll occasionally do the roll/stomp attacks but staying just barely outside the range of their fire breath usually baits them into inhaling, at least in my experience. If you're really having trouble getting them to expose their vulnerabilities, there is one thing you can do though you can't do it often, and that's to use the special finisher from Focus Spirit (use Focus Spirit and press the Special Attack button). If you hit a giant boss with that successfully, it'll expose their weak point.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

An option some characters have that can help take out Giant Bosses quicker and easier is getting the weak point knockdown but staying outside of the halo of light that triggers the Weak Point Smash and attacking from there repeatedly. This lets some characters kill giant bosses extremely fast without ever triggering the WPS at all, including Summoning Gate Lana, Cia, Sheik, Ganondorf, Naginata Impa, and a few others. It's slower for some other characters but still worthwhile because they can tack on some extra damage and then trigger the WPS before the halo goes away for the kill. If you want to see video of some of those techniques in action, my Max Rupee Glitch videos have examples for the characters I listed. You can find them by looking through my posts in the thread if you need to see them.

As an explanation for why this kinda method is nice, it's mostly that Giant Bosses become less predictable and more erratic as they lose health. For instance, Gohma is extremely easy to bait a laser out of when at full health but will start doing all kinds of swipes and spits and spins before lasering again when not at full health.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Weak point smashes on the bosses are obnoxious until you max that tree out, then a lot of characters can break them easily and clean house fast. It's annoying.

Also imprisoned is poo poo and I'm glad they're making him easier to deal with in Legends.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
What are they doing to him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

An option some characters have that can help take out Giant Bosses quicker and easier is getting the weak point knockdown but staying outside of the halo of light that triggers the Weak Point Smash and attacking from there repeatedly. This lets some characters kill giant bosses extremely fast without ever triggering the WPS at all, including Summoning Gate Lana, Cia, Sheik, Ganondorf, Naginata Impa, and a few others. It's slower for some other characters but still worthwhile because they can tack on some extra damage and then trigger the WPS before the halo goes away for the kill. If you want to see video of some of those techniques in action, my Max Rupee Glitch videos have examples for the characters I listed. You can find them by looking through my posts in the thread if you need to see them.

As an explanation for why this kinda method is nice, it's mostly that Giant Bosses become less predictable and more erratic as they lose health. For instance, Gohma is extremely easy to bait a laser out of when at full health but will start doing all kinds of swipes and spits and spins before lasering again when not at full health.

Actually, that might be unoptimal in the end: If you step out of the WPS circle then the Weak Point Smash becomes much weaker for whatever reason than if you had stayed and a lot of the damage on Giant Bosses come from the Weak Point Smash.

That said, Giant Bosses are kind of a pain to take down if you haven't maxed out the badge tree that increases Weak Point Gauge damage so you may want to look for materials to farm.

That said, the Imprisoned is actually one of the easier ones to deal with. You don't need to wait for him to randomly do an attack that exposes his weak points, and his attacks are super predictable. And if you're really struggling and don't need to get the reward with a specific character, then characters like Ganondorf has an attack that can hit the Imprisoned's toes from afar without ever needing to be close to him.

• Locked thread