Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty sure Action Mans response is because you don't take things from Team Venture, not that he was actually concerned about Rusty. Turnbuckle's final insult was just more Action Man instability.

I love Turnbuckle's bare knuckle boxing poses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

twistedmentat posted:

I'm pretty sure Action Mans response is because you don't take things from Team Venture, not that he was actually concerned about Rusty. Turnbuckle's final insult was just more Action Man instability.

I love Turnbuckle's bare knuckle boxing poses.

Turnbuckle might be the most awesome villain this show's come up with yet, and he's perfect as a foil for Swifty.

But.... yeah. :smith:

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Holy hell... Season finale tonight ...

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Arm_Fruit posted:

Holy hell... Season finale tonight ...

Are you from the future or did I sleep all the way through Saturday?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bull3964 posted:

We have to finish our time machine before the angels of destruction find the portal!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

bull3964 posted:

I wanted to thank you for finding Grover Cleveland's Presidential Time Machine for me. I'll give him your regards.

Man it's a shame the Cocoon blew up 'cause you know that thing was sitting in some room untouched since he got it because he just couldn't think of a way to effectively use it to arch Doc. :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Nah, Killinger clearly sold it for those sweet Elite Guard uniforms or just tucked it away somewhere safe for his own use.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm sure it probably disappeared at the showdown at Cremation Creek.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

bull3964 posted:

I'm sure it probably disappeared at the showdown at Cremation Creek.

I keep forgetting that the Cocoon has been blown up at least 3 times. :doh:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Poor Turnbuckle, murdered for telling someone to kiss his rear end.
That was brutal.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Happy Landfill posted:

Can I just say that that little flash we see of Brock and Warriana that we saw in last ep was one of my favorite parts? I'm glad that Brock has finally found someone again :kimchi:

I'm happy he found someone to lust after who is actually reciprocating. Him constantly going after Molotov was getting a little sad :smith:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MrSlam posted:

And I choose to watch Swedish Murder Machine Brock have kinky bondage sex with Wariana while 21 kicks the poo poo out of Harangutang.
This whole post was just the best. Thanks for enlightening me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I liked how Wandering Spider had a lovingly rendered frickin' Samsung phone.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

ultramiraculous posted:

I'm happy he found someone to lust after who is actually reciprocating. Him constantly going after Molotov was getting a little sad :smith:

I just want Brock to be happy :unsmith:

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I like making Venture Gifs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Speaking of Molotov, this will be the first season in which she won't make any appearance (I hope...). Glad that she's off and that more interesting female characters are brought on-board.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah, Molotov was a fun character concept and had some great moments early on, but as the show has started taking itself more seriously and moved away from the straight adventure pastiche storylines, her appearances have been hampered by limited character development and a certain lack of emotional depth. We've gotten a few interesting tidbits about her, like her ludicrous "civilian" outfit, but she also got stuck in the middle of one of the most convoluted plotlines in this show's history and after the assassination plot it seems like the writers sort of lost interest in her as a character. The whole Blackhearts storyline never amounted to much except that it introduced Sphinx! and gave Rusty someone to test his fly juice on. Then it seemed like they were setting up a new plot with her, Monstroso, and the Investors, but instead they just completely exploded that plot and I'm not sure what the point of it all was (Season 5/Gargantua 2 are full of plotline non-payoffs and weird left turns, like they just got bored in the years between seasons and decided to scrap their old plans). Mol will come back at some point, I'm sure, but I think her role in the series is largely over.

Oh and speaking of interesting female characters and dead plotlines, what the hell happened to Amber Gold? I was really starting to like her (riding that giraffe was great) and it seems like they had plans for her, but now she's just gone without even a mention. Was the actor not available or something? Snoopy and Head Shot were fun too and I really wish they hadn't been so abrupt about ending the OSI/investors/Council plotline because I was looking forward to more fun spy antics.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

I think they just saw the opportunity in the stories to be told by moving everyone to NYC, especially the Monarch, and decided that was more important than retreading existing characters and plotlines.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah they definitely were clearing the decks with Gargantua 2, but I don't think they handled it all that well. I don't mind them killing off the Council of 13 really, but they'd never so much as hinted that the Sovereign would be that desperate (and the "not really Bowie" thing is an awkward retcon) and the two seasons they spent teasing us with the mystery of the Investors feels pretty pointless now that they're dead.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I can't believe the finale's tonight :(

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

I like making Venture Gifs

I love that visually, he's basically a combination of Von Kaiser from Punch-Out!! and Dudley from Street Fighter 3.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Silhouette posted:

I love that visually, he's basically a combination of Von Kaiser from Punch-Out!! and Dudley from Street Fighter 3.

Perhaps, but Google Image Search old timey boxer.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

hughesta posted:

I can't believe the finale's tonight :(

Yeah, but if it makes you feel any better, it'll be another fauxnalie like the one we got at the "end" of Season 5. They've pretty much admitted this.

So it'll be the last episode of the season, but not a proper finale.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Duckbag posted:

teasing us with mystery

You should learn by now that anything they build up, they drop. Orb? Dropped. Tension between DTM,Gary/Monarch? Dropped. Also how did they retcon it not being bowie? I mean you saw him able to take any form of animal/object or human since season 2.

I mean yeah kinda sucks they have to drop the sovereign now that the real Bowie passed away.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 20, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

tarlibone posted:

Yeah, but if it makes you feel any better, it'll be another fauxnalie like the one we got at the "end" of Season 5. They've pretty much admitted this.

So it'll be the last episode of the season, but not a proper finale.

What the hell do you call the last episode of a season?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What the hell do you call the last episode of a season?

The aristocrats!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

tarlibone posted:

That makes it worse, because not only does it mean that we won't have more episodes before a long time, it also means that we won't have an epic episode to cap off the season. I didn't go trough the mid-season break during season 4 (how long was that? Two years?) and I really hoped I wouldn't have to!

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Shindragon posted:

You should learn by now that anything they build up, they drop. Orb? Dropped. Tension between DTM,Gary/Monarch? Dropped. Also how did they retcon it not being bowie? I mean you saw him able to take any form of animal/object or human since season 2.

I mean yeah kinda sucks they have to drop the sovereign now that the real Bowie passed away.

Speaking of the sovereign, I feel like there seems to be some hints towards his true identity. We know he's not really Bowie, and that he presumably got his powers from the Investors. He didn't like his old self (a nobody). He presented himself as Jonas to DMTM, when she doesn't really have that big of a connection to him, which seems strange. Now we learn that someone collected the bounty on the Blue Morpho, but Sovereign purged that information. I wonder if he used to be someone from Team Venture or connected to them somehow. Are all the known Team Venture guys accounted for?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Is it still a valid theory that Vendata is the cyborg made from Monarch's dad? When he was knocked out of commission in the villain night club episode, Vendata was muttering stuff about a plane going down. There was also a recent comment from Monarch about his parents being in Greece, and they match up to background characters from Spanikopita flashbacks.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 20, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pixelante posted:

Is it still a valid theory that Vendata is the cyborg made from Monarch's dad? When he was knocked out of commission in the villain night club episode, Vendata was muttering stuff about a plane going down. There was also a recent comment from Monarch about his parents being in Greece, and they match up to background characters from Spanikopita flashbacks.

All signs point to yes, and the blue morpho stuff doesn't really change any notions of it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Pixelante posted:

Alot of people are thinking the same thing. Holds up. I mean considering how close Jonas and Morpho were, I wouldn't be surprised if Morpho survived the plane wreck (probably horribly disfigured) and Jonas decided to make him into a robocop.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Mylan posted:

Speaking of the sovereign, I feel like there seems to be some hints towards his true identity. We know he's not really Bowie, and that he presumably got his powers from the Investors. He didn't like his old self (a nobody). He presented himself as Jonas to DMTM, when she doesn't really have that big of a connection to him, which seems strange. Now we learn that someone collected the bounty on the Blue Morpho, but Sovereign purged that information. I wonder if he used to be someone from Team Venture or connected to them somehow. Are all the known Team Venture guys accounted for?

This is stupid, but what if the Blue Morpho was the Sovereign? Maybe he already had his shape-shifting powers when Dr. Z, uh, "encountered" him :v:

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
The Sovereign is still Bowie in my heart.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Well Manicured Man posted:

This is stupid, but what if the Blue Morpho was the Sovereign? Maybe he already had his shape-shifting powers when Dr. Z, uh, "encountered" him :v:

This has been something I've been thinking since last week. Guy's even got "morph" in his name.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

ultramiraculous posted:

This has been something I've been thinking since last week. Guy's even got "morph" in his name.

... yeah, but the "morph" in his name is from a butterfly that has been called a morpho since before Michael Jackson turned "morph" into a household word.

I think the best "Who is Blue Morpho besides Blue Morpho, (insert name of secret identity here), and Monarch's pop" theory is that he's Venturion/Vendata. Making him also the Sovereign... well, I suppose anything's possible, but I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure his death is as carved in stone as things can be on this show, where admittedly death means only slightly more than it does on Star Trek.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
http://mrchrisgeorge.tumblr.com/post/138610352043/a-few-thoughts-on-hostile-makeovers-designs-wide

Chris George, Character design supervisor posted:

Wide Wale - This big guy was fun to design… Or re-design actually. He pops up in a crowd briefly in a previous season.

Anyone remember which episode he comes up in? I remember seeing a guy in the background who reminded me of him but I rewatched the entire series before the new season started so I can't narrow it down in my head at all.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

So FYI, from a teaser posted on the [as] facebook, red skull guy is actually Red Death , and he's scary as gently caress.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

He's Clancy Brown, he's going to be terrifying

I wonder which clancy brown we're getting. N Cortex? Lex Luthor?

What if we get Mr Krabs clancy brown???

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

What if we get Mr Krabs clancy brown???

Mr. Krabs can work.

"Welcome to the apocalypse, Dr. Venture. I hope you like leather."
"Am I really going to defile a grave for money? Of course I am."
"Give to the Children's fund? What have the children ever done for me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

RandomPauI posted:

Mr. Krabs can work.

"Welcome to the apocalypse, Dr. Venture. I hope you like leather."
"Am I really going to defile a grave for money? Of course I am."
"Give to the Children's fund? What have the children ever done for me?"
Your avatar is also making me think of him acting like Sergeant Zim.

Hell I'm surprised this show hasn't made a buckaroo banzai reference pastiche as far as I know

My favorite Clancy Brown trivia is that he didn't originally audition for Lex, but instead he auditioned for Superman