Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Drium posted:

Seems like they're taking a poll to see whether people want 1 week, 1 month or 3 months of early access.

Unfortunately the game price isn't changing in function of that.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/announcement-regarding-changes-in-plans/145592

Looks like the 1 month option adds a lot of goodies to the package though, like a companion and a stat/skill reset token, as well as 60 days of premium?

Why does the 1 month one have other goodies but not the 1 week. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

That's probably the one they want to do. Not sure they'd put up a poll when it's stacked so badly to begin with though

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Nettle Soup posted:

Why does the 1 month one have other goodies but not the 1 week. :confused:

:iiam:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

One month is far more reasonable.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Great "poll"

One month isn't too bad I'll probably buy into it because I have no self control in kmmos

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Same month for each buyer actually makes the whole thing from horrible poo poo to actually OK.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm in for 50 bux, at least when they put it up for sale...

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I haven't been following too closely since the beta ended.

What are they gating behind these coins and poo poo?

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

Gibbo posted:

I haven't been following too closely since the beta ended.

What are they gating behind these coins and poo poo?

plus consumables like tp scrolls, res tokens which can be bought with the over time TP, and hats which are cheap for the default ones and like 200-290 TP for the premium hair styles

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They, IMO, made the $50 pack a lot better

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That seems a lot more reasonable, yeah. $10 tier that gives you a month early access and enough TP for a month of premium is a bit tempting.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That seems a lot more reasonable, yeah. $10 tier that gives you a month early access and enough TP for a month of premium is a bit tempting.

im not sure 160 is enough. i think its like 198 or something

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You are right, I didn't expand the image and I thought it said 158.

I would probably spent the TP on a Skill Reset potion if anything though, since it doesn't seem like you can get those any other way anymore? Still seems totally ridiculous to me at this point.
E: Sounds like events may occasionally give them out as well for whatever that's worth.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

According to the founder's pack DLC pages (two of the three are up on steam!) launch of EA has been delayed 1 week. :rip:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's ok

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
The game can now be downloaded on Steam, and the early access packs are for sale.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just so I'm clear, the game is out in NA, but the only way I can play it right now is if I buy one of these packs off Steam?

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
You can download the client right now, you can pay right now, but you can't play until the 29th. You can play starting on the 29th if you pay 10, 30, or 50 bucks. If you don't pay anything you can play April 28th.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

ty auzu, much love

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jesus christ, that is seriously making me reconsider being a chaplain.

But I just want to turn off my brain and face to left click grind so I'm probably still going to be a chaplain.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are good Swordsman DPS Builds? Is Dragoon viable? If so, is Cataphract > Dragoon good or is it a newbie trap and there is a better solution?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me, or do the sheer number of choices make it difficult to actually decide on anything? I'm concerned about choosing trap choices and such.

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

Is it just me, or do the sheer number of choices make it difficult to actually decide on anything? I'm concerned about choosing trap choices and such.

i'd suggest figuring out which base class (wiz, cleric, swordsman, archer) you want to play then just sticking to different builds within that, and then looking up youtube vids on certain classes that seem cool. some skills look like total poo poo when you first look at them but turn out to be the best skills due to their cooldowns or overheat or attributes or some arbitrary mechanic you couldn't predict just by reading the description, so its important to look at everything. you should also look at the base class attributes for a class aswell. i recommend using https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner over http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/. you can also use https://tos.neet.tv/attributes to find the attributes for a class

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is it true they took out one of the things I liked most about RO (the big world) and replaced it with a 'tube' where you start at level one at one end and are level [max] at the other?

I am another one of those guys whose first MMO was iRO. I have no illusions what this game is but $10 in exchange for a month or so of comfy nostaglia 'till the grind gets boring sounds like a good deal.

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

Pierson posted:

Is it true they took out one of the things I liked most about RO (the big world) and replaced it with a 'tube' where you start at level one at one end and are level [max] at the other?

I am another one of those guys whose first MMO was iRO. I have no illusions what this game is but $10 in exchange for a month or so of comfy nostaglia 'till the grind gets boring sounds like a good deal.

has dungeons a long the way. the map is similar to RO in that it is squares with neighboring squares that you walk to the edges of to get to the next zone

auzuguwu fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 19, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's not entirely a straight tube but yeah for the most part it's a straight theme park MMO.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It can not be said enough that ToS is similar to RO in art style only.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Pierson posted:

Yes. It is linear and there is very little variety in what you can kill for EXP because of penalties when fighting mobs outside of your range. The game has a few similarities to RO, but it's mostly style and presentation. Expect to level mostly via quests and quickly leaving maps to find the next 'quest node'. The combat is fun though, so it somewhat makes up for that.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

My friend and I are going to play this. She wants to heal. I want to either be the tankiest tank or some kind of support buff/debuff class. What do I do? :v:

Also I paid for this game by selling dota hats. I am sure that spending money on an MMO head start is a better decision than playing a moba.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

My friend and I are going to play this. She wants to heal. I want to either be the tankiest tank or some kind of support buff/debuff class. What do I do? :v:

Also I paid for this game by selling dota hats. I am sure that spending money on an MMO head start is a better decision than playing a moba.

There aren't really tanks in this game, but Peltesta and Rodelero get an attribute that lets them actively block with a shield. Also Peltesta gets a taunt. Don't roll Rodelero though, they're like the only class atm that is almost unplayably bad in PvE (ie. most of the game).

My best advice for anyone looking to figure out a build is to pick one gimmick (class) you like and then try to build around it. Feel free to post your builds in this thread or in discord and people (me and auzu, mostly) who have played/followed the game more will give feedback. It's hard to suggest a build with so few details, look how many classes there are!

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

So when do the servers open up?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

2 AM EST March 29

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

rad, thanks.

Funkatron5000
Apr 23, 2014
I'm in see you on the 29th, now to choose what cleric path I'll do for maximum party heals!

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Still looking at Zemyna for the 29th as the official Goon Server? Joined the slack channel and idled among tumbleweeds til I found a link to the discord that seems to be the place that's actually being used.

Pumped this is finally coming out in a way they can't reject my beta request.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Oops. Updated the header for now, new OP is done for now and will be posted closer to launch. Any ideas for thread titles?

Also, icbt2 accepted anyone who applied by a certain date! C'mon man!

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Stumbled on this game while looking at what's new on Steam; is this anything like Diablo 3? I really just want new outlets for fun ARPG grinding while listening to podcasts.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

If you get drunk enough you can pretend it is diablo 3 with way less monster density but it's not incredibly close. It has active dodging and you have a handful of abilities with cooldowns and a spamable attack or two, but it has more traditional mmo equipment/skill min/maxing and other things.

Group content is NOT trinity tank/dps/heal, you have basically no use for a traditional tank and having someone that can heal is nice but not required for most things. You do want a support or two though, their buffs get strong in groups and a linker makes dungeons go a lot quicker.

Sacro fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 19, 2016

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Are Falconers decent? That was one of the classes that grabbed me and looked really rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

Falconer was garbage in cbt2 but they got buffed quite a bit and are usable. However if you go 2 circles into falconer you'll pass up musketeer or cannoneer, both of which are overpowered right now.

• Locked thread