Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I love slayer because it breaks up the monotony, lets you train several different combat skills, and builds a nice passive cash pile in your loot tab. I dunno what levels or quests you have or anything but it helps if you have the world opened up and a little bit of cash/resources at your disposal to get it rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

attn: Themata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
A Three Olives Pizza!

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
decided to resub for a month and do the quests (and i totally won't resub after this month and poopsock invention)

the tutorial island quest was great and plus i got to be a underwater pirate

Read
Dec 21, 2010

One level 10 weapon is 540k invention exp on dismantle, invention is fast as gently caress - easily maxed in a month if you want to tryhard.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Read posted:

One level 10 weapon is 540k invention exp on dismantle, invention is fast as gently caress - easily maxed in a month if you want to tryhard.

meh might. at the moment i've got my nox staff and chaotic crossbows augmented deus ex style. already siphoned my mainhand cbow once. if im dismantling i gotta use poo poo weps like sallies which means im killing poo poo monsters for poo poo drops.

i hear siphoning at muspahs/zammy GWD is really good xp/h. i might go for max invent but...

A: it's basically slayer except you lose money instead of gaining it

B: i'm super poor anyway, have like 500k coins and all my wealth is in currently untradable equipment

C: none of the rewards stand out as worth to me

skill seems like a blunder to me right now. i'm level 41 invent right now from dismantling two salamanders, siphoning my cbow and ripping apart a bunch of random drops/bank junk. maybe they'll finish- I MEAN UPDATE the skill soon.

EDIT: big reason i don't like invent is that getting parts core to lvling the skills - eg powerful parts - is expensive and hard as f, while most others are like free basically. so you bust ur balls spending like 800k trying to get powerful parts and get maybe 5 which aint even enough to augment

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 12, 2016

Read
Dec 21, 2010

900k should buy you ~300 Swamp Titans which are <1% junk chance and give powerful components. But yeah it's a rough skill to level if you don't have capital, and the return on investment is pretty lovely.

Read fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 12, 2016

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

EDIT: big reason i don't like invent is that getting parts core to lvling the skills - eg powerful parts - is expensive and hard as f, while most others are like free basically. so you bust ur balls spending like 800k trying to get powerful parts and get maybe 5 which aint even enough to augment

Slayer rings for enchanting and precious. Battlestaves/cheap high lvl pouches for powerful components. If you have prif/lunar/varrock fully unlocked you can buy 132 battlestaves for less than a mil every day and get like 20-25 powerful components a day. Slayer rings are practically free, except for the gold bar cost.

If you have 98+ crafting, a good way to level Invention is to kill ganodermic beasts. You get ~20k flakes from levelling armour from 1-10 and you can use those flakes to make more augmentable gano sets (6,5k flakes) and bank or sell the rest for cash.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
yeah i've been using pouches for powerful parts guess im just uber unlucky... already ripped apart 500 slayer rings

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 12, 2016

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

We (I) need an old school thread. Here's an awful recent picture.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

i need this new fishing rod as a weapon override. it looks like a badass pirate blunderbuss. I only play this game to RP as a pirate.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Bricklord posted:

thats bullshit 07scape, post some real old school runescape pics

some rsc

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Bricklord posted:

Judging by your avatar I'm guessing you played jk2?

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Yeah. Best game with the worst community.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

On another note, JaGex in conversation for intentionally being bought out by a Chinese company is pretty interesting. Assuming they're going to market RS3 as it's the newer game if it happens.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

The guilds very friendly on RS3 but I find it hard to play it over OSRS. I really wish they allowed connections to both forks at the same time. But you can't play one while playing the other. The general community on OSRS is so lovely.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Some guy in the clan is botting or whatever, but look at that name lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

what a loving snitch

allta
Mar 28, 2011
I've also had a few people pm me over the years asking if x is talking in chat or if x is a bot or if my clan allows bots, I usually don't reply and get reminded why I have my chat set to friends.

Also whats up with the 2 random people that occasionally join the chat but never respond when I ask if they want an add or whats up? I forget one of their names but one of them is like xroses or something.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Xroses told me they were a friend of someone else in the clan and declined an invite. Dunno about the other.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Yeah I have no idea who those people are but apparently one of them is guesting with the intent to maybe join later? The five thousand "has joined the clan chat" messages a minute are a bit annoying though.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Got invited to the NXT Beta this weekend, so I'm coming back again!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Senor Cardgage rides again.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
DarkScape is pretty lively for shutting down in a week:

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Apparently, that Runescape card game is in open beta now. Anyone give it a try?

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Yeah I think it is pretty good. Plays different to anything I have played before.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
It's a good game, don't write it off as a hearthstone ripoff because it really isn't.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
The clan avatar is my one true friend :unsmith:

Kludge
Mar 25, 2016
I used to play this about 10 years ago back in high school. Back then I was purely f2p and played on and off for about 3 years before university started and I didn't have any free time anymore. Recently I decided to make a new account and check it out again. I subbed a month ago and so far I'm having a blast reliving the old content and playing through the massive amount of p2p content.

If someone sees me in the guest clan chat, can you toss me a clan invite? In-game name is "Axton Rex".

e: got the invite

Kludge fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 25, 2016

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008
To the goon who borrowed a bond from me last week - I'm hopeful that you're a standup neckbeard, as I do not remember who it was. I'm Arsenes in game, let me know!

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Surmoon posted:

To the goon who borrowed a bond from me last week - I'm hopeful that you're a standup neckbeard, as I do not remember who it was. I'm Arsenes in game, let me know!

That would be me! Slaying my way into paying you back and buying my own!

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

Professor Oak posted:

That would be me! Slaying my way into paying you back and buying my own!

Perfect! No rush or anything, I'd just completely forgotten. Thanks!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm feeling slight temptation to hop back into this game. Please tell me how it's a burning wreck so that I don't.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
The only real difference between mining, divination, runecrafting, woodcutting, and fishing is whether or not going to the bank is something you might want to do!

When you get sick of grinding on those though, you have skills like construction where you can create the same oak cupboard for days on end until you get to graduate to teak bidets for more of the same!

Still the worst community in the gaming industry!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I went back and made a new account (I went as far as I could in f2p when I was in middle school but I have no idea what the login is) after trying out the new card game and man am I flashing back hard. Enough has changed that it seems different but so many things are the same too.

Out of curiosity, why do I only see Twitch streamers playing the older game/using the old UI? Is there some sort of huge following for 2007 Runescape?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I went back and made a new account (I went as far as I could in f2p when I was in middle school but I have no idea what the login is) after trying out the new card game and man am I flashing back hard. Enough has changed that it seems different but so many things are the same too.

Out of curiosity, why do I only see Twitch streamers playing the older game/using the old UI? Is there some sort of huge following for 2007 Runescape?

Old School is weird. It's the same game, except older and maybe worse???, but everybody and their mother is streaming 07. Also the 07 community is so goddamn toxic that it makes RS3 look like a non-stop friendapalooza.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
As far as I can tell, its kind of a mix between 'this is the runescape I grew up with', a reaction to EOC and related changes in RS3, and a really responsive dev team in OSRS. Plus OSRS has things like DMM which is really what draws in the views.

Edit: FWIW, I enjoy RS3 but wouldn't play OSRS again if they paid me to do so.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

orphean posted:

The only real difference between mining, divination, runecrafting, woodcutting, and fishing is whether or not going to the bank is something you might want to do!

When you get sick of grinding on those though, you have skills like construction where you can create the same oak cupboard for days on end until you get to graduate to teak bidets for more of the same!

Still the worst community in the gaming industry!

getting 99 construction during a 2x xp weekend was still hell on the fingers even with a million mahogany and protean planks for endless dining table creation

gently caress construction

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

The silence was broken to scare a pubbie away

A true hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
Hmmm, Maxed... Virtuous... Natural Born Skillers... GoonScape. Ooh, I rather like that one, rolls off the tongue. By jove, I like the cut of these chaps' jib.