Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My Vita DL speeds are always fine. I grabbed 4 games from the flash sale last night that clock in at about 5 gigs total. Took less than an hour I think. Perhaps a tad more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Is Project Diva f2 digital version compatible with the physical version save? I'd like to have the songs available without the cart, but I'd rather not unlock all of the stuff again.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Szurumbur posted:

Is Project Diva f2 digital version compatible with the physical version save? I'd like to have the songs available without the cart, but I'd rather not unlock all of the stuff again.

Fairly sure 99% of Vita game saves are compatible between digital and physical. Further, f2 is compatible with the PS3 version thanks to cloud saving, so that's another assurance you have that it should be fine.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is dumb. Does the vita just have poo poo wifi?

It doesn't support higher wifi bands and new routers sometimes have shoddy support for the lower ones causing a perfect storm of lovely internet speeds

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Wait, by bands, do you mean the channels? I've been running my router on a really high channel because my area is very congested. Could that cause issues?

Godzillion
Feb 29, 2016

Mithaldu posted:

Wait, by bands, do you mean the channels? I've been running my router on a really high channel because my area is very congested. Could that cause issues?

Frequencies. Vita can only do the 2.4 GHz band, while there is another one at 5 GHz that it can't see.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, modern WiFi routers work on two bands 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, all of Sony's stuff only supports the older 2.4 one despite 5 GHz routers having been around for ages. Channels are different altogether.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISIRkcjdDlA

June will be a busy month :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What else is out in June, I haven't looked that far ahead.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Sophie, Grand Kingdom, and Odin Sphere.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Ceramics posted:

Sophie, Grand Kingdom, and Odin Sphere.
Had to look into Grand Kingdom. Game looks pretty awesome. Any mentionable differences between the Vita and PS4 versions?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Zero Time Dilemma

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mithaldu posted:

Vita downloads don't only go slow themselves, they also interfere with other functions on the network they're happening. On mine they make 90% of all dns requests fail.

Does your router just not have QOS or something?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's a known issue

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

It has nothing to do with the bandwidth. I have a 25 mbit line and the vita doesn't get close to maxing that, and if i max it via other means DNS keeps functioning. Vita networking is just fucky.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mithaldu posted:

Vita downloads don't only go slow themselves, they also interfere with other functions on the network they're happening. On mine they make 90% of all dns requests fail.

Really? I've been having a lot of DNS weirdness at home, that I can't figure out. Any idea what it actually does to break DNS?

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Policenaut posted:

PSN flash sale is live in North America right now. Monster Monpiece for only TWO dollars!

The ideal gift for the non weeb gamer who always complains about Vita panty quests, a nice cheap gently caress you.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Haven't a drat clue, though it happens only when i'm downloading a game, not at other times.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Policenaut posted:

Also some company I've never heard of is localizing One Way Heroics, as outed by the Australian game rating board.

Active Gaming Media is the corporate name of Playism. Which makes a lot of sense, considering they localised the original One Way Heroics.

Mithaldu posted:

Haven't a drat clue, though it happens only when i'm downloading a game, not at other times.

Yeah, known issue with pretty much all of PSN's downloads.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm really sort of surprised Project Root isn't compatible with the PSTV. It even let me buy it through the PSTV PSN storefront through a search.

edit: I don't even know why it's not as according to the description it doesn't even seem to use touchpad, motion, etc.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

RanKizama posted:

Had to look into Grand Kingdom. Game looks pretty awesome. Any mentionable differences between the Vita and PS4 versions?

I've been waiting on GK for a while now, it looks very good.

Not sure about the differences but in case you haven't looked into it: http://nisamerica.com/games/grand-kingdom/

In regards to the download speeds, I just tested and downloaded DOA, TO LUCT, F/Extra, Shovel Knights and SAO HF in about 30 minutes vOv

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Schrodingers cat posted:

I've been waiting on GK for a while now, it looks very good.

Not sure about the differences but in case you haven't looked into it: http://nisamerica.com/games/grand-kingdom/

In regards to the download speeds, I just tested and downloaded DOA, TO LUCT, F/Extra, Shovel Knights and SAO HF in about 30 minutes vOv

Like I said, it depends on your router. If they had bothered to put modern wifi tech into the vita it wouldn't matter but they didn't so :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the jp version works on pstv so im hoping against hope the english one will too :(

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

Like I said, it depends on your router. If they had bothered to put modern wifi tech into the vita it wouldn't matter but they didn't so :shrug:

Your avatar is utterly beautiful.

I have a gen 1 OLED and it takes various wifi standards fine so far and relatively to the same speed.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i keep thinking of buying that three pack of atelier games for $80. just fall into a hole of anime girls in elaborate dresses for the next month

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm really sort of surprised Project Root isn't compatible with the PSTV. It even let me buy it through the PSTV PSN storefront through a search.

edit: I don't even know why it's not as according to the description it doesn't even seem to use touchpad, motion, etc.
Well the PSTV is even deader than the Vita so good luck with that one

Mayyyyybe if you can find the developer and ask them they might put in a word to Sony to flip the switch but I doubt it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i keep thinking of buying that three pack of atelier games for $80. just fall into a hole of anime girls in elaborate dresses for the next month

ayesha and e&l are better imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

CrashCat posted:

Well the PSTV is even deader than the Vita so good luck with that one

Mayyyyybe if you can find the developer and ask them they might put in a word to Sony to flip the switch but I doubt it

On the upside, it's a crossbuy, so even if I never get around to getting a Vita proper, I'll end up getting a copy of the game for the PS4 when I eventually get one of those. I know I've probably bought about 5-6 games for a system I don't even own when they do Flash Sales because they're cheap.

The digital purchases are sort of frustratingly fragmented between what does and doesn't work and in what ways for PSP, PS3, Vita and PSTV.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
If anyone can read japanese and is interested about it, Takaki gave a pretty extensive interview explainig his reasons to delay Uppers

http://www.4gamer.net/games/321/G032167/20160318092/

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I bought Phantasy Star Nova off eBay for like twenty bucks Canadian almost solely to test my new PayPal account and I've been messing about with it for a few hours and I gotta say I'm kinda pissed that Sega or none of the usual suspects brought this one over. It looks and runs great and it plays like a souped up PSO2 with a bunch of hunting action flair. Fortunately there's quite a bit of translation guide available for it, and you can just google translate Japanese strategy wikis to fill in stuff like equipment materials and the like.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

E&L is fuckin sublime and has a great cast. everyone should play it

ayesha was really good too but E&L just felt like such a big step up that it left a hell of an impression

Luceid fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 20, 2016

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I really wish I could get into the Atelier series. They're beautiful but goddamn they feel boring and tedious. I've tried two of them (Totori and another one) and have to fight from falling asleep. Do they get more interesting?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

RanKizama posted:

I really wish I could get into the Atelier series. They're beautiful but goddamn they feel boring and tedious. I've tried two of them (Totori and another one) and have to fight from falling asleep. Do they get more interesting?

all my Atelier-playing friends back me on this one: the old ones are really kinda boring and crufty if you aren't super into the picking flowers and making milkshakes part of the game. E&L is honestly where I got into the series because everyone has zany, flashy abilities to go with the more fleshed out RPG part of the game. playing as a magical government employee is also probably my favourite rationale for an atelier game.

i think it has a better structure for holding your attention, too, basically guiding you from place to place by x date with pretty generous float time accounted for so you can figure out how to make whatever magical bottle of pudding the townsfolk need to unclog their drains and then go back to making stacks of pancakes and nuclear bombs for fun and profit, or fine-tuning weapons, or whatever

also it has threia in it :syoon:

Luceid fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 20, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you're talking about the PS3 one, don't it has the non-+ version of Rorona which is a bad game.
If there's one for the Vita I haven't seen that's okay though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

If you're talking about the PS3 one, don't it has the non-+ version of Rorona which is a bad game.

K-T did their own Plus pack to try and prevent brand confusion. Those 3 packs on PS3 are NISA's. They did the same thing with Neptunia, including the horrible original game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh god

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, you can buy the Arland+ games as a 3 pack now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Um, excuse me, but Totori's best costume is her nurse one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Iirc rorona plus is crossbuy which is nice I guess if you wanna play a game that's not that great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Rorona+ is fine. I should check out Sophie but I haven't heard many good things about it from my friends.

I sure hope the Vita port of Shallie doesn't run at 5 fps like the trailers of it.