Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I would agree, but I am also probably that guy.

Just think of it as a reminder that it's this sort of game:

Stats > everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy posted:

Oh, that's interesting that they've done that, I guess the game must be doing well enough for itself. But yeah, I have enough motivation to play up to 45,000 points but probably not twice that. I get 1100-1200 points per 2x hard play so that'd be 80+ plays.

Whoops, totally lost track of when the event finished, I only got 44,114

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If anyone is interested, Niconico is currently streaming the Saitama 2014 Idolm@ster live stage event.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zettace posted:

If anyone is interested, Niconico is currently streaming the Saitama 2014 Idolm@ster live stage event.

Oh yeah, I saw they were going to do that but it's region-locked so I'd have to put in some extra effort

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Look for a user broadcast that's mirroring the official stream. I think there's a couple right now.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Trying to figure out if my dog is a big fan of Kotori, the idea of a Blueberry Train, or whistles.

Either way she keeps trying to lick my phone when that song starts.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This has now been posted twice in the chat thread but not once here.

I have corrected this injustice.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The real reason is that most people have unsymmetrical faces so unsymmetrical hair styles work better in general as it doesn't draw attention to the unsymmetrical face.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 20, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Most people, but not Nico Nico. :3:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zettace posted:

The real reason is that most people have unsymmetrical faces so unsymmetrical hair styles work better in general as it doesn't draw attention to the unsymmetrical face.

It's because it's cute.

X

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

After some extensive testing, I have come to the conclusion that my dog likes Kotori's voice.

Repeatedly saying the words Blueberry Train lead to her ignoring me. Whistle videos got her attention, but shed did not come to me upon hearing them.

Listening to different songs with Kotori mixes and she keeps trying to steal my phone.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I'm sorry but Kotori's voice has been known to melt brains. It's too late for your dog, I'm so sorry.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I am well aware of my dog's donkey brains. She once lost a fight against an inflatable snowman.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Decided to try out an expert score match..

immediately selected team G and hit OK before remembering that team G on my ENSIF account is not my healing team, it is my team for happiness max bonding. My healing team is in slot A...

Well anyway I failed.

Also watched 10 episodes of Love Live S1 yesterday. wasn't gonna try to pass judgement on nico until I at least saw some of the anime, but seeing the anime made me like her even less than I did before.

Like just based on the rhythm games I didn't really like the way she acted, but then watching the anime she's even worse.. I don't see how anyone could like her. Sorry Cantaloupe.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 20, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Juu Nana Abe des~

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

Decided to try out an expert score match..

immediately selected team G and hit OK before remembering that team G on my ENSIF account is not my healing team, it is my team for happiness max bonding. My healing team is in slot A...

Well anyway I failed.

Also watched 10 episodes of Love Live S1 yesterday. wasn't gonna try to pass judgement on nico until I at least saw some of the anime, but seeing the anime made me like her even less than I did before.

Like just based on the rhythm games I didn't really like the way she acted, but then watching the anime she's even worse.. I don't see how anyone could like her. Sorry Cantaloupe.

Season 1 is not kind to Nico.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
is that so.

I guess i'll see eventually.

in SS news, i've been playing at 8.5 speed now where before I could only play at 7.5. Also been beating a lot of master difficulty songs. Feels like improvement

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Heart hair should not bully poor Nana.

I kinda feel like that entire thing is a series of cascading puns. Is it? Just a big ol' waterfall of numberpuns?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nico is good because she has many conflicting personas. She's a caring and confident older sister, but also an insecure girl who needs the approval of those around her. She's inclined to push others away due to her experiences in the old club, but she's desperate for others to help her accomplish her dreams. She wants to be mature, but really she's quite petty; a little poo poo, even, at times. She's had a hard life, but still values making others smile over anything else. Nico's the most complex character in LL, and it's for that that I love her.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

Heart hair should not bully poor Nana.

I kinda feel like that entire thing is a series of cascading puns. Is it? Just a big ol' waterfall of numberpuns?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
who is heart hair

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Nico is good because she has many conflicting personas. She's a caring and confident older sister, but also an insecure girl who needs the approval of those around her. She's inclined to push others away due to her experiences in the old club, but she's desperate for others to help her accomplish her dreams. She wants to be mature, but really she's quite petty; a little poo poo, even, at times. She's had a hard life, but still values making others smile over anything else. Nico's the most complex character in LL, and it's for that that I love her.

sounds like a pain in the rear end to me, but i guess i'll wait till i see it in action.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't think they're kindergartners at all!

e: or preschoolers, whatever

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

See, the first one at least had a kanji for me to toss into google. I got no idea what any of those stand for. Maybe the first one is "characters"?

Now I'm just thinking about how sad little jougasaki was about dressing up like a preschooler for that tv show.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All judgement on Nico should be held until her solo episode in S2.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I only like Nico because she's poor.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

who is heart hair

sounds like a pain in the rear end to me, but i guess i'll wait till i see it in action.

shin sato, she's kind of a two note "I like sweet things and also i'm at the age where i always talk about marriage"

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Zenostein posted:

See, the first one at least had a kanji for me to toss into google. I got no idea what any of those stand for. Maybe the first one is "characters"?

Now I'm just thinking about how sad little jougasaki was about dressing up like a preschooler for that tv show.
J = 女子(Female)

The second letter is an age reference:
K=高校生 (High schooler)
D=大学生(University student)
etc

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

she deserved it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zettace posted:

I only like Nico because she's poor.

Classist.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It's not my fault poor is moe.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Zenostein posted:

中学生
小学生
幼稚園生

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

sato likes kirari so she's still ok in my book i guess

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zettace posted:

It's not my fault poor is moe.

If you're poor in wealth then are you rich in moe?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Shin Sato is the other "forever 17" archetype where the person ages but they don't physically age.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

hm, i think i'm going to go and read all the cinderella girl theater skits

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zettace posted:

Shin Sato is the other "forever 17" archetype where the person ages but they don't physically age.

yeah except she doesn't lie about her age

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, she's anime Tamura Yukari.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Part of the personal appeal of Love Live for me is the fact that Nico went from my least liked to my favorite idol. You just Nico Nico need to keep an open mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

i think it has to do with their age/ school level. Abbreviations based on Romanized Japanese.
JY seems to be a woman who acts like a young person.

女子幼女