Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lady Naga posted:

Calling the opposite of a buyback a sellback is a lack of english comprehension

O K A Y

And I said there is a sellback, and you said I was wrong. I'm done, your a really insufferable troll. and thats a tall order since I have to live with myself day to day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's a really huge leap to take a miscommunication and turn it into "you're a fuckin troll omg i hate u"

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

He's not wrong though?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

on the other hand posting about posting is actually the worst thing so idk

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Also it makes no fuckin' sense to have this be a separate function considering I'm pretty sure there are literally zero cases in which someone would want to sell something back and intentionally lose money during the sellback peroid.

When you Undo a purchase, it also undoes any health/mana regen you've received since that purchase, because otherwise the "correct" play would be to buy a bunch of regen trinkets after recalling to heal up quicker and then undo the purchases when you're healthy enough to buy your actual items and leave. Having them as separate buttons gives you the option to sell back (but not sellback which is entirely different!!!) an item for most of its value to get something else if you need to leave now and can't afford the health/mana loss.

If there weren't a separate undo button then there would be no way to undo selling an item. There would also be no way to undo upgrading a partially finished item into a finished item, since selling the finished item would include selling the older component for less than full value.

Additionally, your posting is abrasive and not very good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Also it makes no fuckin' sense to have this be a separate function considering I'm pretty sure there are literally zero cases in which someone would want to sell something back and intentionally lose money during the sellback peroid.

Undo also undoes selling. It undoes the last action. It isn't just for sellback. That is why it is a separate button.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

on the other hand posting about posting is actually the worst thing so idk

im gonna quote this the next time u make fun of selfies

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

im gonna quote this the next time u make fun of selfies

I posted a bunch of dog pics itt I have no idea what you're talking about

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Bliss Authority posted:

Just stomped a Garen top as Nasus. Noticed that the other team had literally no MR items, pointed this out to my team, and our Orianna immediately bought an Abyssal Sceptre.

Why don't Bronze players build MR

Why don't Bronze players build Zz'rots and splitpush

How did I win that so handily when I'm so bad at this game

Vladimir and Nasus are great for learning how to do this.

Armor either. I can't count how many games I've done a quick scan of the tab menu to check for what I need 3rd/4th item, and just stared for a second, saying "Really?! No armor ANYWHERE?"

Buying Last Whisper items is not something that happens in low elo.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Hermetic posted:

Armor either. I can't count how many games I've done a quick scan of the tab menu to check for what I need 3rd/4th item, and just stared for a second, saying "Really?! No armor ANYWHERE?"

Buying Last Whisper items is not something that happens in low elo.

Funny thing is I see people in Bronze occasionally buy armor but not MR. I have no idea why.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Abyssal Scepter and Spirit Visage frequently get built for non-MR reasons but do actually give MR.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Bliss Authority posted:

Funny thing is I see people in Bronze occasionally buy armor but not MR. I have no idea why.

In most of my ADC games recently, even tanky tops build rageblade and poo poo like that.

I guess they think that if they're all carries they can just overwhelm us.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

I'm not complaining about the matchup I'm just saying that the champs picked are unranked as gently caress.

Not sure what 'unranked as gently caress' means in your mind but all of those champs are among the most popular at their respective positions in ranked plat+ except for Teemo.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 20, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

i think i might be thinking of one of you other dorks with the caster av's because they all look the same

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
There's something about League that just strips people completely of their humility and becomes one big judgement contest. Even my irl friend in B5 just talks about the junk other people do and pick and buy and not focusing on why his issues are holding him back.

And on the subject of issues, I have a real hard time making Soraka work for me. I'm used to playing a more offensive support like Taric or Zilean. I know Soraka's whole thing is undoing mistakes with heals, but what should I be looking to do when everyone is healthy in lane? Q harrass can be risky, but considering the low mana cost it feels like I should be chucking them all day.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You should always be harassing the enemy laners if you are a ranged support.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I see a lot of Soraka players standing 300 units behind their adc at all times and like... that's not actually what the champ is supposed to do. The point is not that your adc 1v2s with a larger health bar.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Oh my. MF tits best tits.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:dogbutton:

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

It's a really huge leap to take a miscommunication and turn it into "you're a fuckin troll omg i hate u"

You're wrong a lot, and that's okay; everybody's wrong sometimes, and you're new to the game so you're still learning stuff.

but man, you're not just wrong, you're like aggressively wrong, and you do it all the time.

Like, you're the person who said that dodging a game was rude because it wastes a few minutes of somebody's time, and that's pretty much the wrongest wrong i've ever seen anybody be.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rabidsquid posted:

Totally read that as dick pics.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I wonder when rito is going to make Graves less strong. He can be really bullshit...

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Coca Koala posted:

You're wrong a lot, and that's okay; everybody's wrong sometimes, and you're new to the game so you're still learning stuff.

but man, you're not just wrong, you're like aggressively wrong, and you do it all the time.

Like, you're the person who said that dodging a game was rude because it wastes a few minutes of somebody's time, and that's pretty much the wrongest wrong i've ever seen anybody be.

I was annoyed because I had to wait like seven minutes in queue and that person leaving meant I had to wait another seven minutes.

Also it was a miscommunication because he was saying "sell back" as two separate words, which is different from what I was saying, so it sounded like he was pointing out that you can in fact sell items back to the store.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

This shows two things. That Gragas dmg is broken and that Champion Mastery is broken because I got a loving B+

I built Cinderhulk instead of Runic Echos, I could have done even more damage but we have no tank. But a B+??????

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Damage dealt to champs isn't always an accurate barometer of actual damage. Teemo almost always tops the charts in games he's in.

Seems like jungle score heavily weights neutral objectives and warding as far as game grading.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

but it was witches

I just won three games because I'm Bronze and no one at Bronze knows how to deal with a splitpushing Nasus

I beat a Riven in lane, how the hell does a Nasus do that?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You buy an item with armor mana and cooldown reduction, and then Riven goes WELP. That seems like it's a really hard lane for Riven.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have S-ranks on all my favorite champions now. :smith:

drat it Riot, don't force me out of support just to keep getting your funbux.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

but it was witches

rabidsquid posted:

You buy an item with armor mana and cooldown reduction, and then Riven goes WELP. That seems like it's a really hard lane for Riven.

Basically this. I always rush Iceborn Gauntlet, and if I'm losing abort to Frozen Heart and a later Magebane.

Any suggestions for MR items on him? Right now I've got Zz'rots and Spirit Visage in my standard build, but when up against a goddamn teemo or other oddball MR top it sometimes isn't enough.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lady Naga posted:

Also it was a miscommunication because he was saying "sell back" as two separate words, which is different from what I was saying, so it sounded like he was pointing out that you can in fact sell items back to the store.

Wat

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was willing to give you the benefit of a doubt there for a bit about not being a troll.

And then you posted Frozen. Some things are just unforgivable. :catstare:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Bliss Authority posted:

Basically this. I always rush Iceborn Gauntlet, and if I'm losing abort to Frozen Heart and a later Magebane.

Any suggestions for MR items on him? Right now I've got Zz'rots and Spirit Visage in my standard build, but when up against a goddamn teemo or other oddball MR top it sometimes isn't enough.

Those usually are enough, but there's also Banshee's Veil.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Nah. Apologize for being a bitch rear end trick and move on.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

but it was witches

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Nah. Apologize for being a bitch rear end trick and move on.

It's the Undertale thread all over again, complete with dumb semantic arguments.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Undertale and its fans are almost as bad as Homestuck or Star Citizen fans, a feat difficult to achieve

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Naga, you seem like a very sincere person, so in the nicest possible way, I think that you should post less and read more. There's nothing wrong with asking questions; we used to have a newbie thread just for that and if you ask anything we will give you way more words about it than you want to read. But your posts are very, very tough to read.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

kingcobweb posted:

Naga, you seem like a very sincere person, so in the nicest possible way, I think that you should post less and read more. There's nothing wrong with asking questions; we used to have a newbie thread just for that and if you ask anything we will give you way more words about it than you want to read. But your posts are very, very tough to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

AHH FUGH posted:

Undertale and its fans are almost as bad as Homestuck or Star Citizen fans, a feat difficult to achieve

Correction, the obnoxious fans of those userbases are really really annoying. Most people you know (probably multiple people itt) are totally fine people yet are fans of one of or multiple of those serieses

• Locked thread