Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

Just a reminder that #1 poo poo driver Fernando Alonso ruined a possible Ferrari win and a two HAAS cars in the points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ferrari had no data for the mediums and this gently caress up today was all Jock Clear's fault.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Omg leave the poor woman alone Ted lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ted creeping on the Haas ladies. Shame.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Alain Post posted:

anyone staying up for the motorcycles? idk if it'll be any good but hell, who knows

MotoGP will be really good, regulations and tyre supplier change this year, only reason I'm not gonna see that race is I'll be karting.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Doc Morbid posted:

Half the car is missing :stonklol:

the true size zero revealed

Edit: Ted was goony as hell with that Haas lady

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

He was humble and seemed excited to just be involved in his interview.

The guy just seems so genuinely happy to be there it's great.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Aqualung posted:

Just a reminder that #1 poo poo driver Fernando Alonso ruined a possible Ferrari win and a two HAAS cars in the points.

In an infinite multiverse, there is not one universe where ferrari won that race

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

IanTheM posted:

MotoGP will be really good, regulations and tyre supplier change this year, only reason I'm not gonna see that race is I'll be karting.

Just kind of worried because Honda seemed off the pace leaving just the Yamahas. Then again, maybe Vinales can give them a run.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol haas strategist running away from ted and being saved by her friend.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sky Sports are desperately trying to get drivers to call the halo a deathtrap.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Jenson unworried by the risk of fire.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Alain Post posted:

Sky Sports are desperately trying to get drivers to call the halo a deathtrap.
Haven't you heard, the experts at the Autosport forums are saying the halo signifies the end of F1 and it's all terrible and what if the car explodes and :byodood:

edit: I mean I'm not 100% convinced by the halo yet either but reading some of those posts probably causes more brain damage than a wheel striking your helmet

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 20, 2016

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Alonso just said that he would be dead if his car had a halo

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

FAROOQ posted:

In an infinite multiverse, there is not one universe where ferrari won that race
Thanks for letting me know, I was being really serious there.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Dubs posted:

Alonso just said that he would be dead if his car had a halo

Alonso already has a halo over his head

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

El Hefe posted:

*nods*

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

El Hefe posted:

,pds!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Doc Morbid posted:

Haven't you heard, the experts at the Autosport forums are saying the halo signifies the end of F1 and it's all terrible and what if the car explodes and :byodood:

edit: I mean I'm not 100% convinced by the halo yet either but reading some of those posts probably causes more brain damage than a wheel striking your helmet

I like people calling it the "Death cage". Clever.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Also, I'll no longer be cheering for Max after his performance and radio conduct this day.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think F1 cars should come with an ejection seat

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol "nico ran me off"

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
HAAS F1, MWC 2016.

I need to get HAAS gear. Gr8Jean clearly made the right decision switching over, look how Renault is in the dumps!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Imagine how good Haas would have done is Alonsod hadn't taken out one of their drivers!!!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
:lol: Haas did well, but you're kidding yourself if you think they'd've got the result without the free pit stop during the red flag. Grosjean was pretty level headed with it even with his obvious high from the result. It's a good morale boost for the team to score points so early but they lucked into them a little bit and shouldn't expect to finish 6th without similar luck.

Good race and nice to see not only that the whole field seems closer together but that three tyre compounds actually did a thing.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

If Rosberg wins this race I'm going to vomit.

Want a breath mint?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tsaedje posted:

:lol: Haas did well, but you're kidding yourself if you think they'd've got the result without the free pit stop during the red flag. Grosjean was pretty level headed with it even with his obvious high from the result. It's a good morale boost for the team to score points so early but they lucked into them a little bit and shouldn't expect to finish 6th without similar luck.

They had race pace to match the cars behind him, and were only a few tenths behind the Williams. Remember that they got hosed in qualifying, too.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Alain Post posted:

They had race pace to match the cars behind him, and were only a few tenths behind the Williams. Remember that they got hosed in qualifying, too.

Add 20s for a pit stop and Grosjean's down in 11-13th It's still a very impressive result and the midfield is clearly very competitive which is a good thing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's a mean miserly person who is begrudging Haas these points.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

It's a mean miserly person who is begrudging Haas these points.

I don't begrudge them at all, it's great!

E: Oops, I meant "loving Forumla One's just a lovely procession with Mercedes winning everything, I'd rather watch a 12 hour endurance race"

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 20, 2016

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Those two random "F1 racing is boring and rubbish without V12" guys are being remarkably quiet at this point ain't they?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
And while I'm at it, gently caress safety devices, Alonso should've just manned up and survived that crash by himself

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Even Manor had pretty decent race pace, with Wehrlein keeping up with the Saubers and Magnussen's Renault just fine before the red flag. He did end up pretty far behind at the end, but that apparently had more to do with his pit strategy and tyre wear than anything else.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Perez, Button and Wehrlein all got hosed by the red flag. It happens.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sauber on the other hand were genuinely utter garbage.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

learnincurve posted:

Those two random "F1 racing is boring and rubbish without V12" guys are being remarkably quiet at this point ain't they?

Give it a race or two before it becomes Mercedes domination again

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well this is amusing. Nico's breaks were going to explode and the team decided not to tell him in case he panicked. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-thought-about-retiring-rosberg-over-brake-caliper-drama-681024/

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

learnincurve posted:

the race was decent in spite of dumb bullshit, not because of it

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Noticed something during the race with the on screen graphics, a lot of people had mediums on and on the strip along the bottom showing the splits, some had a black M in a white circle, whilst some others had a white M with a white outline on the black background.

Anyone know the significance?

I'm liking the addition of lap numbers currently run on those tyres showing up next to the tyre type too (when comparing two cars fighting for a spot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think one of those designates new mediums versus used mediums, but I can't remember which is which.

• Locked thread