Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Basically gently caress people who can get S on Expert / Master on SIF / SS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

I'm running mainly event SRs and that seems to be enough to S rank most master songs if they don't gently caress me up too hard. It gets easier the more of those you collect.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

It only (ha) took me 35 clears.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sidenote: my god I hate the beatmap for blueberry train on master. It's like someone decided to just throw their favorite patterns in a blender and then point it at a timeline.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I am very kawaii, yes.

yr very bully-able, yes

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man, I can almost manage Tokimeki Escalator in Master. My biggest problem is that I just can't tap fast enough when it decides to drop that single line of notes on me. When the notes are spread out across all 5 keys, I can handle that just fine. A consecutive line of notes though, I can maybe hit the the first 10 notes before my finger starts slowing down.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also the new songs are really catchy

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

yr very bully-able, yes

I won't deny that I bring out the bully out of everyone in anime chat.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Well i full combo'd that -LEGNE- song on pro..

shame that i did it on my phone instead of my main account.

Also if there were a few more notes in the song then I could have gotten s rank score as well. lmao. Can't even S score on my phone with the idols i have.

i was 644 points from S rank score. That's like 1 beat.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

250 star jewels for stuff I've already done? Don't mind if I do.

Skwee posted:

Well i full combo'd that -LEGNE- song on pro..

One day I'll get all those slides at the end...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

:3c

Jesus christ guys that's a fair amount of posts. I swear this thread gets way more active when I'm asleep.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Allarion posted:

Man, I can almost manage Tokimeki Escalator in Master. My biggest problem is that I just can't tap fast enough when it decides to drop that single line of notes on me. When the notes are spread out across all 5 keys, I can handle that just fine. A consecutive line of notes though, I can maybe hit the the first 10 notes before my finger starts slowing down.

The secret is you don't use one finger. The tap zones in SS are actually kind of tall, so you put one finger slightly above the circle, one below it, and tap away when it gets to that part.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Same. The thread never seems to be moving whenever I'm constantly checking for new posts.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

graybook posted:

The secret is you don't use one finger. The tap zones in SS are actually kind of tall, so you put one finger slightly above the circle, one below it, and tap away when it gets to that part.

This reminds me of this one option in the live settings

I don't know the exact translation but the last option on the first tab of the live settings, there's a toggle between "Normal" and "Wide" and it says something about tap intervals on the line or something.

On tablet at least it makes the buttons smaller if you have it set to "wide" and pretty big if you have it set to "Normal"

but yeah you can tap like way up in the screen above the tap spot and still register. Try tapping randomly before a song to see how far you can push it. At least if you have tap sounds on, if you don't have them on then you can't really tell how far up you can go since there's no noise..

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

It's about halfway up. At least, it is on my phone, and I can't imagine why they'd have anything other than "x% is the tap zone." Although it would be kinda funny if it was hardcoded per device to be ncm high or something.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Here's Wide:

and Normal:

as for tap zone above the notes on tablet it goes like all the way up to the combo text, so like 3-4 inches tall.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
This new event song is basically "Come near my man and I'll cut you bitch" the song.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
the commus for the SS event seem broken. I've seen the opening one like 3 times now.

e: full combo'd a hard medley. used up 4 of the 5 combo-not-break things, and wasted money on a heal between songs thing. Got a gold reward out of it, was a rare nozomi. What kind of rewards can you get in gold rewards? just rare cards?

Skwee fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 20, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh man, FINALLY a new event type in GF Note. Some kind of head to head thing, and it looks like the first two focus colors are Pink and Green, which luckily are my best teams so far.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What's the difference between technical and expert on the latest LLSIF event? It seems like the latter uses random beats and it's harder to find people for a full score party, so why choose it?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Also what happens after the final live? Will they make a new app for the new cast? Hopefully we can transfer our account to the new one, if that's the case. :ohdear:

E: for those of you who used to post in the anime BYOB thread, where do we post now so I can read and chat about scrub league's cat deck??

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 20, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Chill la Chill posted:

What's the difference between technical and expert on the latest LLSIF event? It seems like the latter uses random beats and it's harder to find people for a full score party, so why choose it?

It's random ex plus a daily song. Mainly for folks with a desire for a challenge.

Also they're giving a big sendoff to the original nine and there will be a formal full rollout of Aqours cards to SIF in summer or so.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chill la Chill posted:

Also what happens after the final live?
I'm going to die.

Chill la Chill posted:

E: for those of you who used to post in the anime BYOB thread, where do we post now so I can read and chat about scrub league's cat deck??
If you mean Burbo's thread in the crew subforum, plenty of the people there also post in the anime chat thread. Though it's much much much much much much faster with fuckton most posts, from what I hear.

If not, I dunno.

I don't venture out of ADTRW often.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

graybook posted:

It's random ex plus a daily song. Mainly for folks with a desire for a challenge.

Also they're giving a big sendoff to the original nine and there will be a formal full rollout of Aqours cards to SIF in summer or so.

That seems fast. I thought we were behind the Japanese app about a year? Do they want to have parallel app progression by then?

I'm going to die.

If you mean Burbo's thread in the crew subforum, plenty of the people there also post in the anime chat thread. Though it's much much much much much much faster with fuckton most posts, from what I hear.

If not, I dunno.

I don't venture out of ADTRW often.
Yeah that's what I feared. Scrub made a post in BYOB about his cat deck but hasn't updated it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Honestly I'm assuming it's mainly in JP for this.

quote:

SIF has reached 15 million JP players (March 19) and 25 million players worldwide (March 9)! To celebrate this milestone, some new campaigns will be introduced:

Starting March 21st, love gems/scouting tickets will be awarded to players as login bonuses for 7 days.
In Summer of 2016, there will be a large-scale update! Aqours is set to formally join at this time! More details will be revealed at SIF Thanksgiving 2016.

In celebration of µ’s Final Live occurring from March 31st to April 1st, the “µ’sic Forever!” campaign is also being implemented:

From March 22nd to 30th, there will be a special one member only daily scouting box! This will be available 3x a day per account, SR or above is guaranteed in a 10+1. The implementation schedule will be:
March 22: Nico
March 23: Hanayo
March 24: Nozomi
March 25: Maki
March 26: Rin
March 27: Umi
March 28: Kotori
March 29: Eli
March 30: Honoka
During the two days that the Final Live is occurring (March 31 and April 1), a limited sale on the “µ’s Final Live Support Set” will take place! The set costs 3000 JPY and includes:
11 member scouting support tickets x 10 (The 10 of these will allow you to do a single 10+1, the card pool will be all previously released cards instead of the main box like usual)
SR or above ticket x 1
SR Alpaca x 5
The “Request URs” that were determined back in October are finally being released! Click here to view the chosen designs for each girl. They URs will be released as login bonuses over three months, three cards per month. You need to log in 7 days in each month to collect all of the gifts! (Larger size promo UR preview)

April: (Available April 1st to 30th)
Login bonus day 1: Honoka promo UR
Login bonus day 2 + 3: love gem
Login bonus day 4: Kotori promo UR
Login bonus day 5 + 6: love gem
Login bonus day 7: Umi promo UR
May: (Available May 1st to 31st)
Login bonus day 1: Rin promo UR
Login bonus day 4: Maki promo UR
Login bonus day 7: Hanayo promo UR
June: (Available June 1st to 30th)
Login bonus day 1: Eli promo UR
Login bonus day 4: Nozomi promo UR
Login bonus day 7: Nico promo UR

Source: http://loveliive.tumblr.com/post/141349899047/sif-has-reached-15-million-jp-players-march-19

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

During the two days that the Final Live is occurring (March 31 and April 1), a limited sale on the “µ’s Final Live Support Set” will take place! The set costs 3000 JPY and includes:
11 member scouting support tickets x 10 (The 10 of these will allow you to do a single 10+1, the card pool will be all previously released cards instead of the main box like usual)
SR or above ticket x 1
SR Alpaca x 5

So for 3000 JPY you can get 10 pulls, 2 guaranteed SRs, and 5 Alpacas?

How much does 50 Loveca amount to?

EDIT: Guess its 3000 JPY. So not a bad deal I guess.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 20, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
woah i just tried an expert score match again because i am crazy, and got a song i've never heard before (no surprise there...)

It was After School Navigator. Pretty cool song.

Was pretty fun playing it but i would most certainly have failed if I didn't use my healing team. The rest of the players were all bots though, but i still managed 2nd place.

probably one of the more difficult songs i've played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17-qPDdfMvQ

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Chill la Chill posted:

Also what happens after the final live? Will they make a new app for the new cast? Hopefully we can transfer our account to the new one, if that's the case. :ohdear:

I'm wondering what they're gonna do with the Story stuff. They're gonna do new story stuff for Aquors, right? So what happens to the old Muse story stuff?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

woah i just tried an expert score match again because i am crazy, and got a song i've never heard before (no surprise there...)

It was After School Navigator. Pretty cool song.

Was pretty fun playing it but i would most certainly have failed if I didn't use my healing team. The rest of the players were all bots though, but i still managed 2nd place.

probably one of the more difficult songs i've played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17-qPDdfMvQ

Afterschool Navigators was one of the first Expert songs I played. I asked chat which Expert song I should try tackling and the overwhelming consensus was Afterschool Navigators, cause people believed it was the most fun song.

I agree.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chat confirms that Afterschool Navigators is the way to go.

Aku posted:

Cutie Panther EX is way harder than it should be, to be honest. In the set mentioned, Aishiteru Banzai's the easiest, and Mermaid Festa Vol 1 is the hardest(or at least the hardest to combo). After School Navigator is a LOT of fun, if you're able to pass it.

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Can confirm that Afterschool Navigators is a good EX chart to start on. Nico Puri, however, is not.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

After School Navigators EX is probably the most fun track to play in the game.

I took this advice and tried Afterschool Navigators and holy poo poo that was fun. I had to watch a video of it first on YouTube to get a grasp of what I would be getting into though.

Not gonna be getting any combos (not even C) anytime soon but that was a blast.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
wonder how often it comes up on the limited section

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
SS keeps showing me the event intro stuff over and over. like the opening commu, and then the thing that says to collect crowns to spend to play the event song. It also says after the commu that it is giving me 50 star gems, but then it doesn't. At least if you are gonna bug out, bug out in the nicest way, and give me the star gems, don't just bug me with a commu and a bunch of pop-ups for no reason.

e: also i just got a full all perfects combo on the event song on pro, feels good. I've been playing without hit sounds, it's pretty nice to just hear the song.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 20, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Skwee posted:

SS keeps showing me the event intro stuff over and over. like the opening commu, and then the thing that says to collect crowns to spend to play the event song. It also says after the commu that it is giving me 50 star gems, but then it doesn't. At least if you are gonna bug out, bug out in the nicest way, and give me the star gems, don't just bug me with a commu and a bunch of pop-ups for no reason.

e: also i just got a full all perfects combo on the event song on pro, feels good. I've been playing without hit sounds, it's pretty nice to just hear the song.

Same. Also it's even more broken, because I know that I had at least ep.1 of the event commu unlocked, and it's sorta… not there. But hey, I can listen to the OP and marvel at how many people cannot operate a door in a sensible manner, so there's that.

At least, I'm pretty sure I got a message telling me commu 1 was unlocked? I donno, I thought it unlocked at like 500pts or something. Is it 1000 instead? I don't really remember, but the next one unlocks at 1000, whichever it is.
e. Yeah, 1000 is pt. 2. It's just sorta not in the commu menu. Maybe I should've clicked the view button on the popup to see what that would do.
ee. Oh, now they work. idgi, but whatever. If it works, it works, I guess.

Plus side, the reward thing autoscrolls to the next award, instead of starting from 0 now. That's nice!

:iiam:

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 20, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

boom boom boom posted:

I'm wondering what they're gonna do with the Story stuff. They're gonna do new story stuff for Aquors, right? So what happens to the old Muse story stuff?

Yeah, same. I finally caught up to chapter 30 and it seems like this takes place during season 1 when they visit Maki's beach house. Hopefully we stay behind so we can get whatever funny stories pop up. I'm actually sad I didn't write down all the funny stories so far. I started doing so with chapter 26 cuz of the Nico trio origin and then 28 with the Nicolings. I seem to remember a funny one that occurred in the diner but that was way back in the teens chapters somewhere and I'm not gonna go through them all again.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Perhaps this will be the SS event where I don't put any effort into the event for real. Weekends are usually my prime time for getting ahead but I haven't had time for anything today (or yesterday).

Also the Master version of the event song is definitely impossible for me.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

do it for bomba

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Sore wa zettai, zettai, zettai, zettai ni fukanōde wa arimasen

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i'm gonna do it, i'm going to 10 pull and get syoko right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip: panda