Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dislike button posted:

Probably spin the tires.

I think it looks great and I want one, we'll see if they price it anything like the last gen.

GM has been crushing it the last few years, I'm having a hard time thinking of another automaker who has so many vastly new superior models from 2013 to 2016/2017. The new Corvette, Camaro, pickups and SUVs are all hugely improved over the last gen models.

Mercedes is pretty comparable with the all new designs for the C, E, and S class cars but GM is maybe a more dramatic example because of how hilariously bad the interiors were

On the other hand GM's more bread and butter cars like the Malibu and Cruze are complete poo poo compared to their competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Huge_Midget posted:

So the ball is now in Ford's court for the next GT500. Ecoboost Coyote? Ford GT engine swap? Ecoboost Voodoo? Gotta top 640 HP, and while we're at it might as well one up Dodge and the Hellcat. Go for broke, go 750+ with a 10 speed auto.
I remember a couple years ago the rumor mills got excited when Ford trademarked the "EcoBeast" name...

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I would buy an ecobeast anything. Ford's marketing department needs to be fired for not offering that as a package on the f-150 and mustang. :colbert:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

go3 posted:

GM should just sell powertrain kits to put them in literally anything because that is the only part of a vehicle they make that isnt garbage

They do.
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/nal-19332621/overview/
e: I mean there's no trans or engine management in this box but GM has never been shy about selling you a powertrain, even a flagship one (and often stuff that's unique to the crate line for emissions reasons) to put in whatever the gently caress you want to.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 17, 2016

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
The girlfriend decided to wait on the xc90 and get a v90 instead.:china:

Is there any updated word on when we'll be able to order one? Everything I'm finding is very vague.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 17, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

You Am I posted:

On the other hand GM's more bread and butter cars like the Malibu and Cruze are complete poo poo compared to their competition.

Reviewers seem to like the new Malibu waaaaaaaaaay more than the previous ones; the Lacrosse too.

Admittedly, that's a low bar.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

El Scotch posted:

Reviewers seem to like the new Malibu waaaaaaaaaay more than the previous ones; the Lacrosse too.

Admittedly, that's a low bar.

How many low end or midsize chevy's would review the same 5 years out?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
GM's bread and butter cars are the Silverado, the Sierra, and the Acadia/Traverse etc.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Dislike button posted:

GM has been crushing it the last few years, I'm having a hard time thinking of another automaker who has so many vastly new superior models from 2013 to 2016/2017. The new Corvette, Camaro, pickups and SUVs are all hugely improved over the last gen models.

Mazda? No horsepower monsters yet, but their whole line is amazing right now.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

Mazda? No horsepower monsters yet, but their whole line is amazing right now.

I'm praying for a new MS3.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Is it just the picture or did they actually not chrome the poo poo out of the interior? Satin nickel I can accept!

Also, it looks nuts on the outside, which is great. Too many beigemobiles these days, it's nice to see crazy stuff!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Residency Evil posted:

Is there any updated word on when we'll be able to order one? Everything I'm finding is very vague.

:getin:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

You Am I posted:

Both, especially the Cruze, are actually very reliable, dependable cars.

There's also an all-new Cruze coming out this year that should be more competitive on the touchy feely qualitative front.

I don't like GM but I'd trust their vehicles over anything Hyundai, Kia, Ford, or Fiasler make. Buick in particular has been building vehicles almost on par with Toyota for reliability lately, and they're legit pretty nice as well.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Wheeee posted:

Yes, but so is everything else. Few cars you can buy today are turds.

People but Camrys and Accords for name recognition and supposed long-term reliability. People buy Mazdas and Kias and Fords because they look good, handle good or have good tech.

Being vanilla 'reliable, dpeendable' isn't enough anymore.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Wheeee posted:

There's also an all-new Cruze coming out this year that should be more competitive on the touchy feely qualitative front.

I don't like GM but I'd trust their vehicles over anything Hyundai, Kia, Ford, or Fiasler make. Buick in particular has been building vehicles almost on par with Toyota for reliability lately, and they're legit pretty nice as well.

The cruze has intake gaskets failing regularly and run about $1k from labor. Look to fail at 50-70k miles. Still the same GM issues.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'm continually surprised how far the Koreans have come.

Memories of riding around in old, miserable shitbox Elantras, Santa Fes and Accidents have created a deep well of miserable brand association in my mind but I hope I can get over that sometime.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

El Scotch posted:

I'm continually surprised how far the Koreans have come.

Memories of riding around in old, miserable shitbox Elantras, Santa Fes and Accidents have created a deep well of miserable brand association in my mind but I hope I can get over that sometime.

I've had several rental Optimas and Sonatas and they're fantastic cars, at least for rentals.

The engines are underwhelming and the handling is nothing to write home about, but the content and packaging is pretty stellar.

tijag
Aug 6, 2002

Dislike button posted:

Probably spin the tires.

I think it looks great and I want one, we'll see if they price it anything like the last gen.

Mercedes is pretty comparable with the all new designs for the C, E, and S class cars but GM is maybe a more dramatic example because of how hilariously bad the interiors were

305 rears probably won't spin too much. Plus this has the ediff from the Corvette with the added weight of the Camaro. What is the Z06 0-60 time? This will probably be very close to that.

edit: the Z06 is 0-60 3.0 seconds [claimed by C&D], the Camaro is heavier, which should help with traction but hurt with mass, so I'm guessing like 3.3 seconds?

At the launch event for this car they had 2 cars that they ran for hours on hot laps with journalists in them with no heat soak issues. Seems like there is enough cooling to run these hard on track without too much issue.

tijag fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 17, 2016

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

CornHolio posted:

I've had several rental Optimas and Sonatas and they're fantastic cars, at least for rentals.

The engines are underwhelming and the handling is nothing to write home about, but the content and packaging is pretty stellar.

I had a Sonata rental, and aside from needing some much stiffer anti-roll bars, it was perfectly fine. My 2011 Forte is now at 125k km without issue, so I'm pretty happy with it as well. I still have a tinge of regret that I didn't buy a Mazda for a few bucks more, and can't shake the feeling that driving a KIA is, well... driving a KIA. But the fact is they seem to make perfectly serviceable cars.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Funny enough, speaking of the Koreans

Nothing really new, but that is a nice looking front (if they keep it).

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 17, 2016

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

El Scotch posted:

Funny enough, speaking of the Koreans

Nothing really new, but that is a nice looking front (if they keep it).

SWEET JESUS

I can only assume that you're phone posting, cuz... drat.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I can only assume that you're phone posting, cuz... drat.

Correct. Judging by your reaction it came out the yoooogest.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Yoooooge, indeed.

That a new Genesis concept? Looks sharp. Very Audi.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Aye, 3-series rival concept. Presumably the G... Whatever is smaller than the current Genesis sedan.

Nothing jumps out at me in the front design that they couldn't do with the production version, but who knows what they'll so between now and then.

e: I had the amusing thought of Biermann showing up at the N-Division office, looking around and saying "You know what we need? A straight-six. I like those." Can't see that happening for a squillion years though.

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 18, 2016

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Residency Evil posted:

All I've heard so far is when the model year 2017s are released. Nothing firm beyond that. Too bad I can't afford one, because that wagon makes me think filthy, filthy thoughts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We have a 16 sorrento and it's a dream.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Got an email from Mazda saying they're unveiling a new model on the 22nd. Anyone have any idea what it is?

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Got an email from Mazda saying they're unveiling a new model on the 22nd. Anyone have any idea what it is?
Miata with retractable hardtop.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

No one knows for sure, but popular opinion is that it's a new Miata hardtop since Mazda is promising to "blow this lid off" with this unveil.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

bull3964 posted:

No one knows for sure, but popular opinion is that it's a new Miata hardtop since Mazda is promising to "blow this lid off" with this unveil.

Booo. Hoping for some Mazdaspeed stuff.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Miata with new paint job edition

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A new SUV

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Miata Crossover

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

mazdaspeed cx-9

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Miata AWD Hybrid.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I'm still hoping for a proper coupe, none of this retractable hardtop bullshit.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Network42 posted:

I'm still hoping for a proper coupe, none of this retractable hardtop bullshit.

I miss the MX6. That was a cool car.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

I miss the MX6. That was a cool car.

The little V6 also sounded delightful with simple mods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6RqYYe5do4

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

A Proper Uppercut posted:

CX-4! Who doesn't need another crossover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Bovril Delight posted:

CX-4! Who doesn't need another crossover?

What if mazda went all crazy and came out with a cx5 pickup