Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
The stakes are getting higher with these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

"honey i was drunk when i said that"

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
on the lighter side, have some vegans who don't understand how the food chain works

Imagine all the tigers, just chilling with the zebras and uh ... singing happy songs? That's what animals must do when people aren't around.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

bees are fine anyway
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/07/23/call-off-the-bee-pocalypse-u-s-honeybee-colonies-hit-a-20-year-high/

E: there's also a human in that picture, lol
i expect it's a repurposed terrible photoshop from some creationist type depicting the stat of things before the fall

Owlbear Camus has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Mar 20, 2016

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Alien Arcana posted:

(Seriously where the hell did this trend of referring to women as "females" come from, anyway?)
I used to think it was MRAs, but there's a guy at work who just turned 22 and he uses it all the time, so maybe it's now just an internet thing. It still started with MRAs, though, as a way to dehumanize women and make them sound like lesser creatures or beasts of burden or some poo poo. A woman might have frightening things like a job or an opinion. A female sounds more like something that'll sit doe-eyed listening to you rebuilding your Magic deck.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I used to think it was MRAs, but there's a guy at work who just turned 22 and he uses it all the time, so maybe it's now just an internet thing. It still started with MRAs, though, as a way to dehumanize women and make them sound like lesser creatures or beasts of burden or some poo poo. A woman might have frightening things like a job or an opinion. A female sounds more like something that'll sit doe-eyed listening to you rebuilding your Magic deck.

My man, the only curves I let myself be beholden to is the mana curve. Am I right?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I hear male and female at my job too (orderly at a mental health facility, where gender has to match the patient's). I'm not sure why.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

on the lighter side, have some vegans who don't understand how the food chain works

Imagine all the tigers, just chilling with the zebras and uh ... singing happy songs? That's what animals must do when people aren't around.

There's an eagle or something perched on a branch that's sticking out of the waterfall

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Otisburg posted:

i expect it's a repurposed terrible photoshop from some creationist type depicting the stat of things before the fall

The rainbow suggests otherwise.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ripley - well-known for being weak and traditionally feminine.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

There were a couple documentaries about if humans vanished. Spoiler: things go really bad really fast without our hand on the controls of our technology.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
WRONG. We are ok with reducing strong women to sexual objects too.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Wonder how many addressed her as Private Vasquez, the totally 100% real woman in this situation

gaydad
Mar 23, 2015

borninthewrongeneration.jpg :raise:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Otisburg posted:

bees are fine anyway
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/07/23/call-off-the-bee-pocalypse-u-s-honeybee-colonies-hit-a-20-year-high/

E: there's also a human in that picture, lol

That article is hilarious. It describes bees as "the perfect capitalist" which just makes no sense. A society where pretty much all bees of the same age are equal? Where their work, above all, contributes to the collective good of their sisters instead of their own profit? Where the fruits of their labor are shared throughout the winter? That doesn't sound capitalist.

It also says that the amount of colonies increased (which is good), but doesn't say the high annual die-off has stopped. If the bee colonies still have a high mortality rate it's too early to declare success.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Obviously, MRAs and anti-feminists aren't a hive mind but this makes me laugh pretty hard thinking about the douche bags who were boycotting Mad Max.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Perry Normal posted:

Obviously, MRAs and anti-feminists aren't a hive mind but this makes me laugh pretty hard thinking about the douche bags who were boycotting Mad Max.

Also I like how they take "MRAs are scared of strong women" to mean "men are scared of strong women."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Vasquez was really hot, true

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I think it's part of the attempt to use :biotruths: to remove everyone's agency. It's interesting to note that people who do the "females" thing don't just dehumanize women with it. They also use "males" in a similar, but more self-serving way: women can't help but be emotionally unstable and manipulative because it's in their DNA, while men can't help but be aggressively sexual for the same reason. The exact same thing is being done to eliminate the agency of both sexes, but in opposite ways: it blames women while justifying men.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Alien Arcana posted:

(Seriously where the hell did this trend of referring to women as "females" come from, anyway?)

I actually hear it a lot from military friends of mine. It's never in a weird MRA M'lady sort of way but rather in a more clinical almost military jargon way if that makes sense. I dunno, maybe they got chewed out if they said anything other than male/female.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sending a letter to an actress as a marriage proposal = normal hughmon male behavior

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Decrepus posted:

Sending a letter to an actress as a marriage proposal = normal hughmon male behavior

And should be taken as a compliment!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Byzantine posted:

There were a couple documentaries about if humans vanished. Spoiler: things go really bad really fast without our hand on the controls of our technology.

This absurdly bombastic one imagines cats living in massive colonies in the skyscrapers :3: (go to around an hour in for that bit)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1g5g09_life-after-people-episode-1-life-after-people-discovery-history-science-documentary_tv

RE FEMALE I always thought the 'females' thing was to add whatever they were referring to a veneer of scientific respectability in their stupid :biotruths: theories.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Rondette posted:

This absurdly bombastic one imagines cats living in massive colonies in the skyscrapers :3: (go to around an hour in for that bit)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1g5g09_life-after-people-episode-1-life-after-people-discovery-history-science-documentary_tv

Man I remember SA had ads for this when it was new, and my lovely laptop slowed to a crawl when they were on.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

TheDon01 posted:

I actually hear it a lot from military friends of mine. It's never in a weird MRA M'lady sort of way but rather in a more clinical almost military jargon way if that makes sense. I dunno, maybe they got chewed out if they said anything other than male/female.

In the Army at least they use exclusively male/female, presumably because someone somewhere decided that it sounds more professional.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Rondette posted:

RE FEMALE I always thought the 'females' thing was to add whatever they were referring to a veneer of scientific respectability in their stupid :biotruths: theories.

Exactly. They like to imagine they're David Attenborough narrating human relations. "Watch as this female of the species swoons in the presence of the dominant alpha male..."

Rondette posted:

I cool with this future. :3:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

gaydad posted:

borninthewrongeneration.jpg :raise:

Yikes. Liberals are (rightfully) mocking the right wing for having nearly no depth to their insults, but are constantly sharing this stuff that is literally Bernie = thing I like. Hilary = thing i don't like, and is bad. Like this hilarious meme:

:psyduck: It's not particularly meaningful or clever, it has nothing to do with any of their policies. It's just "I like genre of thing, and Bernie would be so totally cool at it, while Hillary is bad!!!"

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

trapped mouse posted:

Yikes. Liberals are (rightfully) mocking the right wing for having nearly no depth to their insults, but are constantly sharing this stuff that is literally Bernie = thing I like. Hilary = thing i don't like, and is bad. Like this hilarious meme:

:psyduck: It's not particularly meaningful or clever, it has nothing to do with any of their policies. It's just "I like genre of thing, and Bernie would be so totally cool at it, while Hillary is bad!!!"

That's not it at all, the whole point is "Hillary is out of touch and pandering, while Bernie actually cares about the issues". Whoosh.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mras are literally turning into Ferengi from star trek, right down to calling women females.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bernie: The Simpsons went downhill after season 10.

Hilary: Family Guy is better.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

trapped mouse posted:

I hate jokes

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

trapped mouse posted:

I actually brought this exact meme up in a course on the Internet and politics this semester. I think I summed it up as "we're entering an age where imgur memes are playing a role in elections. May God help us all."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cool insight, man

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Why are people talking about Trump's tiny fingers & penis :confused: what does that have to do with the presidency :confused::confused::confused:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Regalingualius posted:

I actually brought this exact meme up in a course on the Internet and politics this semester. I think I summed it up as "we're entering an age where imgur memes are playing a role in elections. May God help us all."

Can't wait for that puffin to become the next Donald Trump!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Lady Naga posted:

Why are people talking about Trump's tiny fingers & penis :confused: what does that have to do with the presidency :confused::confused::confused:

It helps if the jokes are good, man

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lady Naga posted:

Why are people talking about Drumpf's tiny fingers & penis :confused: what does that have to do with the presidency :confused::confused::confused:

The fact that he freaks out over it? I'd rather not have someone that thin-skinned able to push the big red button.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
this just in: the president can do anything at will

unless ur obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Lady Naga posted:

Because Trump likes to attack the physical characteristics of his opponents, so watching him squirm while bringing up his flaws is wonderful entertainment.