Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

bongwizzard posted:

farts are ever present in my thoughts.

s s scruntfather???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well, I retract my statement upon seeing the official painted one from that perspective. The perspective of the bare plastic one makes it look like she came across some tiny humans and is looking down at them. I just thought that was what they were going for, but yeah, that painted one shows me how wrong I was.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Not painted, but i think it fits. but I was looking for reaper gray aliens. And found... this.

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/50270

What?
:psyduck:

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 18, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Who is buying all the sexy minis to support the market existing in the first place.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Foolster41 posted:

Not painted, but i think it fits. but I was looking for reaper gray aliens. And found... this.

What?

...is that a Spathi from Star Control 2?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Leperflesh posted:

haha

But no, she's got like a big piece of ornate marble column to use as a club. If you flip the image over it's easier to see: her club is a carved lady stone column. Which really highlights how bad the paint job up above is, because the painter just slapped brown all over it like it was just all wood.

Here's one of the example painted photos from Reaper's page for the mini:
vs.

The real issue with this figure is that she's posed to be looking down at an adventurer/hero and so outside of that context the pose in kinda odd. It's like they meant it to be a two figure piece with a dude in armor brandishing a sword at her and just forgot to sculpt it. Not that that would be totally out of the question considering that the huge as gently caress Kaladrax sculpt also had a companion figure that got lost in the shuffle when the figure got bighuged. It still technically appeared in bones 1, it's the elf girl/sorceress lady who's reaching out her hand, originally she was supposed to be resting said hand on Kaladrax's nose IIRC.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Sharkopath posted:

Who is buying all the sexy minis to support the market existing in the first place.

Like with everything else, People You Don't Know are to blame

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Foolster41 posted:

What?

All I can see is Roger from American Dad.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Foolster41 posted:

What?

I'm the pole with its own base

Hauki
May 11, 2010

berzerkmonkey posted:

All I can see is Roger from American Dad.

With some bangin' G cups stapled on

actually no, that's probably closer to like HH

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Sharkopath posted:

Buddy, there's a market for videos of people jerking off on these models.

:suicide:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Found while GIS C'tan conversions.

Need to make your C'tan shard unique from all the other hum-drum Deceiver shards out there?

Add boobs with nipples.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Dual handjob action!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Foolster41 posted:

What?

I am totally shocked to see that this is another Patrick Keith sculpt.

Also, for what it's worth: Reaper's model has been a little different. For most of the company's life, it's gone for a scattershot approach: instead of trying to sell high volumes of boxed plastic minis, they sell low-volumes of individual models in blisters for D&D players. They have a massive back catalog and a huge amount of that back catalog is not kept in stock: they just have the molds, and if someone orders one, they go produce a handful and ship the one that was ordered. This works OK when you have low-tech molds for soft metal minis. The whole Reaper Bones thing is an experiment in producing higher-volume plastic molding, focusing on the existing sculpts that they think would be popular enough to sell that higher volume, plus a fair amount of new sculpts with the same intention.

So basically what I'm saying is, an older set like the one you linked isn't necessarily indicitave of Reaper believing that there's a huge market for naked big-titted alien dancer figures.

But on the other hand, they have quite a few exposed tits in their minis line, and taken as a whole, Reaper most definitely (and correctly) believes there's a market for tits-out minis.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/naked
314 results
e. Although note that the keyword is taken extremely literally and liberally: so it includes every animal, all the skeletons, a lot of dudes in loincloths, etc.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 18, 2016

JcDent
May 13, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

Found while GIS C'tan conversions.

Need to make your C'tan shard unique from all the other hum-drum Deceiver shards out there?

Add boobs with nipples.

Looks like one of Unreal Tournament 2004 bot robots.

UT2004 had bare midriffs for both sexes

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
This is a thing that exists and is real.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I thought she was flipping the bird at first, which would have made the model loop back around from awful to being awesome.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm the purple line on the poo poo log

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Somehow her expression is all angry when viewed from her left side and smiling like a moron from the front.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

ineptmule posted:

Somehow her expression is all angry when viewed from her left side and smiling like a moron from the front.

It's a mysterious expression, like the Mona Lisa of pregnant purple demoness D&D miniatures

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I'm reminded of one guy on IRC who wanted me to paint a model for him.

It was the pregnant angel lady from Kingdom Death, only he wanted me to scrape off the gut-armor and smooth it out so she looked MORE pregnant.

Needless to say, I didn't take him up on the offer. No amount of money was worth painting...that.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

ubercrunchy posted:

This is a thing that exists and is real.

What's strange is that he actually covered up all the tits and rear end. I guess that would have just been TOO MUCH weird fetish poo poo, gotta have standards.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

El Estrago Bonito posted:

What's strange is that he actually covered up all the tits and rear end. I guess that would have just been TOO MUCH weird fetish poo poo, gotta have standards.

Wait, that isn't just a standard succubus with a preggo belly greenstuffed on? And worse, the original was naked? Why would anyone... :shepicide:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
fantasy minis are the obvious pervert bait, but the biggest one handed painting sickos out there are actually in the historical scene. just look at the lovingly painted genitals :stonk:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

fantasy minis are the obvious pervert bait, but the biggest one handed painting sickos out there are actually in the historical scene. just look at the lovingly painted genitals :stonk:

I think the one time "historical accuracy" is a defensible argument for why a mini needs to be half naked is when it's actual history where people actually went to battle naked.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Those guys aren't even hard. Shameful battle perverts.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They haven't killed anyone yet

BUT THEY WILL

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
What kind of techbiques do you guys recommend to really bring out the dick and balls?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Nebalebadingdong posted:

What kind of techbiques do you guys recommend to really bring out the dick and balls?

SENMM

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

goatface posted:

Those guys aren't even hard. Shameful battle perverts.
Their murderboners haven't reached full mast yet; just wait til the assault phase.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"Oh hey assault phase. Ok just gimme a min to switch these dudes out to simulate full engorgement."

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Dude. Magnetize that poo poo

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ah, yes, I bet there are many pervs out there just waiting to make you uncomfortable with tiny celtic penises

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Foolster41 posted:

What?

Ayy lmao

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm the lovingly detailed battle dicks.

EDIT: This was called a "crime against miniatures"

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

JcDent posted:

Ah, yes, I bet there are many pervs out there just waiting to make you uncomfortable with tiny celtic penises

wow what an extremely loving rude thing to say about irish americans dude

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JcDent posted:

Yeah, the inhabitants of the city of Boston.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Battle-wangs don't bother me. Like, it's an odd thing to include, but I guess the lack of sexualization makes it okay. It got a chuckle out of me. A small rise if you will.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
One of the first things I noticed on my Saga horses was that half of them had wangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Atlas Hugged posted:

One of the first things I noticed on my Saga horses was that half of them had wangs.

Which half?