Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

There's so many layers to this it's unbelievable. I'm now off to find this mythical "Sandi Beer Exchange"

Edit: Found it. Yikes!

http://imgur.com/a/BIlWu

Aertuun fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

civil meatles has been an absolute treasure

when i saw eonwe i couldn't breathe

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fatkraken posted:

This is the first time I've actually sat down and read this. loving hell. Has it been confirmed as real? I mean, it certainly rings true and fits with the state of the game and everything else going on, but you never know.

Remember that piece on Mark Kern and why Red 5 was such an awful place to work? It reads like a step by step rethread of that scenario.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alf_pogs posted:

civil meatles has been an absolute treasure

when i saw eonwe i couldn't breathe

sorry I've been playing stardew valley all day what did i miss

am I in a video

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

You guys have this all wrong. This is the new version of the Persistent Universe. CIG is breaking ground in new persistent systems.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Chris Roberts will spare no expense in proving he is not a good steward of public money

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad of them spending probably thousands in backer money to add a wall wrap to their studio

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Friendly Humour posted:

Remember that piece on Mark Kern and why Red 5 was such an awful place to work? It reads like a step by step rethread of that scenario.

…and of World of Darkness.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Scruffpuff posted:

Chris saw BlizzCon, and all the cool poo poo Blizzard has (statues, wallpapers, shirts, etc.). He concluded that successful companies have those things, so he simply bought those things - CitCon, models, murals, shirts, and all the rest - with backer money. Ergo, he is a successful company.

This, and also this is the kind of stuff you do to impress clients, or say, investors.

It'll be tricky for the liquidators to peel that stuff off though, the new tenants will probably have to paint over it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

sorry I've been playing stardew valley all day what did i miss

am I in a video

Galarox posted:

Sgt Parpers Lonely Smarts Club Band

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

The funniest thing about that stupid SPACEMASK.jpg overlay is that when you're really wearing a mask like that you don't even loving notice those parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMwKD-qR2U&t=203s

Watch the video, it wasn't there then it appears from nowhere when the player model starts the enter buggy animation, then it stays for the rest of the hangar video bit.

How does that even happen? Did they have an enter animation for the buggy use a different and really stupid helmet that obscured player view, then not have the buggy exit reset it?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

mrking posted:

You guys have this all wrong. This is the new version of the Persistent Universe. CIG is breaking ground in new persistent systems.

I've been trolling that wall wrap post since this morning. The mental gymnastics backers go through to justify that sort of expense is...nothing short of remarkable.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

AP posted:

Watch the video, it wasn't there then it appears from nowhere when the player model starts the enter buggy animation, then it stays for the rest of the hangar video bit.

How does that even happen? Did they have an enter animation for the buggy use a different and really stupid helmet that obscured player view, then not have the buggy exit reset it?

It is actually a negative space butt.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Aertuun posted:

There's so many layers to this it's unbelievable. I'm now off to find this mythical "Sandi Beer Exchange"
Somebody will paste it in thread (I would but I'm not at a computer.)

Theres a Paste Bin version for easy reading somewhere - I'm sure somebody will post the link in for you.

It is, indeed, a bigger tragicomedy than most people understand. Even Ion Storm at its ion stormiest pales in comparison to this-- and not solely because Ion Storm only wasted a fraction of the funds...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

It is actually a negative space butt.

She doesn't even notice, that's what's killing me.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

My girlfriend got Kayak a hat.

It's supposed to be a park ranger hat, but to me it just makes him look like a vietcong. I hope Derek doesn't come after him.

good dog

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Star Citizen ARG: Thank you all for playing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Galarox posted:

wowzers

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE4bOmp33nI

:shobon:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

:five::five::five:
Where do I preorder?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:frogsiren::five::five::five::frogsiren:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Aertuun posted:

Well the one thing I always got from citizens is 'you haven't done your research so you don't know what you're talking about'.

I've done nothing but research it now for a few weeks starting with CIG's videos, and gently caress me it just gets worse and worse.

I've gone from laughing my rear end off to sheer anger to incredulity and back to laughing my rear end off.

I feel bad for the guy here whose brother is wrapped up in it, but man, if that guy isn't sitting down with his bruv intervention style then I just don't know.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2XEFfH2uN0&t=26s

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:worship:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

You gotta wear goggles when driving a buggy.
It's the law.

I jank. I crash. I jank again.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

Yeah, I know there is a blue and a red team. But the point of using bright colors is to make them pop. If everything is of a similar shade or brightness then they don't pop anymore.

Serious question: do you have an actual graphic designer on board? If not just hire one for a while and have him/her provide alternate designs. They can still be "blue as gently caress" but you'll most likely get something better.

Like, look at your doors, their frames have yellow lights because you want their outline to be immediately recognizable. You need more stuff like that.

We're still doing a lot of improvement to various areas. I will see what can be done. But we can't go overboard - five years later - just because a few people take issue with something like this. Especially since I use contractors; and when anything is completed, I have to go back and pay for revisions e.g. I've paid for new characters, animations, models etc these past three months; though they were all done back in 2010-2012.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Galarox posted:

When you play the inner groove backwards, it says, "Will Ravane be back as Leonard Skinly?".

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

:five: :five: :five: :five:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Google Butt posted:

lol at that reddit thread claiming the exit interview thing is fake

They're idiots. It's in one of my blogs and several people who saw the original post on Facebook, already confirmed it was authentic. In fact, David reached out to me personally and asked me to pull it. So I killed the link I had to it in my blog.

Remember

They said Chris and Sandi weren't married, and that Chris should sue

They said The Escapist article was false, and that RSI would sue

They said my blogs were all bullshit and lies, and that RSI would sue (I'm still waiting)

They said the Beer emails were fake, and that RSI would/should sue

Seriously, need I go on? You're talking about a bunch of delusional SpazSpergs who have no sense of morality, let alone sensibility. These are the people who couldn't give a job at a petting zoo.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just want solar plebian to be real.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tippis posted:

While we're at it…

…any truth to the rumour that all the D_Smart legal threats against CIG finally paid off? :D

:vince:

OMG!! I'm saving this one for tomorrow's social media assault.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Cactus posted:

I just want solar plebian to be real.

Me too, friend, me too

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
"where do you see SC in 1 month, 6 months, 1 year"?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4b9ehp/where_do_you_see_star_citizen_next_month_6_months/ :getin:

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
I like to imagine something like this scenario occuring one day at CIG:

<In the middle of a busy office, Chris Robert is berating a developer about an aspect of SC that that doesn't match his 'vision'.>

CR: So why the gently caress does it only work reliably with 16 players?

Dev: Because as soon as we try to go above 16 players in an instance, the lag grows beyond what the network can handle, leading to sync issues with the server and a ton of glitches.

<CR rolls his eyes.>

CR: So loving OPTIMIZE the code!

Dev: We have done. That's how we got from 8 to 16 players.

CR: So for gently caress's sake optimize it SOME MORE!

<Dev looks sheepish. He can feel the heat of Sandi's eyes burning into his back from across the room.>

Dev: We can't. The problem is the clients are sending too much data because of the err.... fidelity you insist on having.

<CR glares at everyone around the office. No-one dares to make eye contact.>

CR: Jesus loving Christ. What do you mean 'you can't'. Don't be a loving defeatist. FIX IT!

<Sandi fails to suppress a snigger. Everyone in the office pretends not to notice>

Dev: I told you, we can't. It's impossible.

CR: For gently caress's sake. Braben did it, and he's a fuckwit, so it can't be 'impossible'. I don't BELIEVE in impossible.

<Lensnick waddles into the office after going out for cake>

BL: What's happening boss?

CR: This Fucker says it's impossible to have more than 16 players in an instance.

BL: But we have 24 already

Dev: Only with severe glitching

CR: Bullshit. If you're not up to the job, get the gently caress out of that seat and let someone who is sort it out.

BL: I'll do it boss

CR: Shut up Ben

<Dev slowly gets up and points to the seat>

Dev: OK Chris. Show me how.

<Everyone in the office groans inwardly.>

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:five: :five: :five:

ps: what track is that? awesome choice!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

YellerBill posted:

I'd recommend less "entirely blue/red" color schemes and more blue/red accents (such as a stripe on the walls/floor) or maybe blue/red lighting.

Like in this image posted previously,

I'd make the primary colors of the walls/floor something a big less vibrant, maybe even a green, brown, or gray, and highlight things such as the bottom and top of the ramp and the base of the walls with yellow or blue.

It can also be heavily "themed" without being overbearing.
Also, the opposite works as well - you can make everything colour graded to the "team colour", but then use a complimentary colour for the accents.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

:five: :five: :five:

ps: what track is that? awesome choice!

Just a Two Steps From Hell one, aptly named 1000 Ships of the Underworld

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

orcinus posted:

It can also be heavily "themed" without being overbearing.
Also, the opposite works as well - you can make everything colour graded to the "team colour", but then use a complimentary colour for the accents.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Nice example there. Thanks!

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
They are right Derek it is too loving blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Nice example there. Thanks!

That image looks excellent! Derek you have two weeks

• Locked thread