Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Megalixir posted:

Rorona+ is fine. I should check out Sophie but I haven't heard many good things about it from my friends.

I sure hope the Vita port of Shallie doesn't run at 5 fps like the trailers of it.

The Human Eye can't see that fast and I wear glasses and am colorblind. The game runs fine. Vita for life!

Rorona+ isn't cross buy. The Vita version of the game says PS3/Vita because you can download it to PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dehry posted:

The Human Eye can't see that fast and I wear glasses and am colorblind. The game runs fine. Vita for life!

Rorona+ isn't cross buy. The Vita version of the game says PS3/Vita because you can download it to PS3.

Well that's stupid

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Megalixir posted:

Rorona+ is fine. I should check out Sophie but I haven't heard many good things about it from my friends.

I sure hope the Vita port of Shallie doesn't run at 5 fps like the trailers of it.

Sophie isn't even out is it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It is in Japan but otherwise no

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

Sophie isn't even out is it?

Sophie has a launch date and plenty of Japanese version videos.

Shallie was just this month in Japan.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Shallie has good characters.

Homura is cool and also so is Green Shallie; Regular Shallie is acceptable but not great.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Shallie Plus runs OK so far; it's no better or worse than the other Plus ports. That means loading is still nice and quick, which is the thing that really matters in these games IMO. I've had an odd bug though - sometimes I'll go into an area and there'll be some polygon corruption, the same kind that you get with a dying graphics card on a PC. It just seems to cause the framerate to drop further and make it hard to see stuff (I even went through a couple of fights with it happening and though it paused a couple of times it didn't crash out) and closing and reloading is quick enough but it's happened about 4 times in the 23 or so hours I've played and only after being kept on with suspend mode for a couple of days.

Edit: I finished Sophie not long after release and I did feel disappointed, though I still enjoyed playing through to platinum and the PS4 version ran great. Coming from the Dusk series half of the characters were awful looking potato headed freaks, the crafting system felt like too much of a compromise to really work with its central idea, there were almost no vocal songs in the soundtrack (though the other themes were excellent), the map felt really small (while the stamina thing they had going on never made any difference - another half-implemented idea) and there was only one and a bit endings with absolutely no reason to restart. It felt kind of 80% finished and 80% funded in the same way Nights of Azure does. At least we know there'll be another Atelier coming soon to build on that, and I'm sure they'll get it right next time.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 20, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I liked the scenes with Solle and Homura because the weird artificial life stuff is IMHO the most interesting bit of the Dusk games. Odelia and Keith's stuff in Ayesha was also good.

Also Shallie only has like five endings which was a disappointment too

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Re-confirmed the complaints of Sophie with a friend earlier today: it's apparently a good game which lacks in the writing department and doesn't have a sense of progression, also because there's no time allotment system you can just grind early on and get the best gear within 10 hours (may or may not be a good thing). In Shallie there's a cap on how strong you can make your gear early on.

Good to hear Shallie on Vita runs nicely though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Why no PC port :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uncharted looks and plays great, but after an hour or so I'm tempted to shelf it from the aggressively lovely and frequent tutorials, mini games and cutscenes. The camera game might be the actual worst mini game I have ever seen in a video game. Every bit of action and adventure seems to come to a screeching halt every 2 minutes with one of those three things.

I really hope the game eventually cools off with that poo poo because it pretty much ruins the game.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Megalixir posted:

Re-confirmed the complaints of Sophie with a friend earlier today: it's apparently a good game which lacks in the writing department and doesn't have a sense of progression, also because there's no time allotment system you can just grind early on and get the best gear within 10 hours (may or may not be a good thing). In Shallie there's a cap on how strong you can make your gear early on.

Good to hear Shallie on Vita runs nicely though.

There's a time system in that day turns to night and there's a seven day week which means they can put a time limit on the sub-quests again - it just makes relatively little difference as you go through the game. You can pass time freely if you need stuff that spawns at night in the field (though time passes pretty quick as you're gathering and fighting anyway) and the days of the week only make an actual appreciable difference in one place.

It's got a lot of nice ideas in it (things like buying rumours from shops, the recipe unlock progression, the way everyone can use items to an extent but they're limited by their aptitude, the idea of having a different kind of stamina to make visiting the limits of the field you've unlocked more challenging, variations in areas depending on the time of day/week, the ability to give gifts to people who will then give you other gifts depending on how much they liked what you gave them in the first place) but it just doesn't really come together in the end. I think it is because there's maybe even less of a through line in the story than usual as it seems like you spend all your time advancing someone else's story rather than doing something directly relevant to Sophie herself to bring it all together. Or if there is I've forgotten it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NESguerilla posted:

Uncharted looks and plays great, but after an hour or so I'm tempted to shelf it from the aggressively lovely and frequent tutorials, mini games and cutscenes. The camera game might be the actual worst mini game I have ever seen in a video game. Every bit of action and adventure seems to come to a screeching halt every 2 minutes with one of those three things.

I really hope the game eventually cools off with that poo poo because it pretty much ruins the game.

Yeah, it's a good game at its core that really suffers from being a launch game. The touchscreen rowboat section and the final boss are just amazing awful.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Killzone queues are still pretty busy~

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was happy to see that after I played it recently. I actually ended up playing it for 5 or so hours. Not like I'm going to get deep into KZ Vita multi but it's nice to have a decent portable online shooter on standby.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not like there's a lot of competition if you want to play an online FPS on the Vita

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well yeah.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Sheesh, I'm seeing abysmal download speed on this Vita right now. Our download speeds are generally pretty great--my PS4 downloaded a 2.7 GB game update in five minutes earlier... but I'm getting a 2-hour estimate on this 1.5 GB Vita game. I don't suppose there's a way to use my computer (or PS4) as a proxy, is there?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

MisterAlex posted:

Sheesh, I'm seeing abysmal download speed on this Vita right now. Our download speeds are generally pretty great--my PS4 downloaded a 2.7 GB game update in five minutes earlier... but I'm getting a 2-hour estimate on this 1.5 GB Vita game. I don't suppose there's a way to use my computer (or PS4) as a proxy, is there?

Try and see if you can download the game on your PS4, if you can it'll allow copying over. Also pause and unpause the download to try and make it go faster. Also put it closer to the wifi antenna. Try using wifi analyzer on an android phone to optimize that.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

MisterAlex posted:

uh, hey, why don't you enjoy the games you already have downloaded, mr. hollywood?

you know i saw a coffee can in your garbage yesterday. there are at least 20 places you could use that in your home.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

RanKizama posted:

I really wish I could get into the Atelier series. They're beautiful but goddamn they feel boring and tedious. I've tried two of them (Totori and another one) and have to fight from falling asleep. Do they get more interesting?

I liked E&L a lot and even tried to clear off the side quests whereas I used to skip over them unless they gave super rewards. It's fun and calming really esp since it didn't have a strict schedule for quests.

They fill the cute, bright, and cheerful anime crafting game niche for me on PSV. Also the OST is lovely :3:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Mithaldu posted:

Try and see if you can download the game on your PS4, if you can it'll allow copying over. Also pause and unpause the download to try and make it go faster. Also put it closer to the wifi antenna. Try using wifi analyzer on an android phone to optimize that.
Yeah, I had it plugged into its charger and sitting next to the router, and I just kept checking back every now and then while folding laundry. It just finally finished.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

uh, hey, why don't you enjoy the games you already have downloaded, mr. hollywood?
Yeah, I don't follow. Are you trying to make sense or somehow be funny? The games I'd "already downloaded" on my Vita are as follows: Thomas Was Alone. I just got this thing, detective. But regardless, even if I had other games already on it, what kind of logic is it to say "don't get any new games because you already have some?"

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

you know i saw a coffee can in your garbage yesterday. there are at least 20 places you could use that in your home.
Again, I don't get your meaning. And I don't have a coffee maker. I boil water when I want to make tea.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

scuse me i don't use the slur "mr. hollywood" unless i am good and SERIOUS. don't make light of me.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

You're not being helpful or funny.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

you are cranky. take a nap.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's time to stop making jokes in the Vita thread

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

It's time to stop making the Vita thread

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
All of MireMamo's Drive cutscenes, Drive Breaks and intro

It goes without saying but slightly nsfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxvxPx6n2-8

Mirei looking pretty good in a red shirt

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 21, 2016

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Since Trails games tend to be long, is there anything I should be careful about regarding missable sidequests/trophies in Cold Steel?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Szurumbur posted:

Since Trails games tend to be long, is there anything I should be careful about regarding missable sidequests/trophies in Cold Steel?

If you want a Platinum you're either going to have to do a lot of repeating end game sections or beat the game once and coast through it a second time on NG+ to pick up the stuff you missed. There's a bunch of missable trophies and hidden sidequests.

Playstationtrophies.org has a mostly spoiler free 100% walkthrough on their Cold Steel forum that I used to get me to full 100% completion.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You need to play the game a second time on the hardest difficulty, either way. Might as well relax and do whatever's missing on the second playthrough if you care about the platinum. There's tons of things that you will miss if you don't use a guide, so don't sweat it.

By the by, I'm up to chapter 4. The ending of 3 left a sore taste on what has been otherwise a jewel of a game for me so far.

This has been like a Matsuno game in the industrial revolution and when there's anime tropes they are usually subverted for the better. It's been great. End of 3, though, has:

Rean's dumb chuuni bullshit turn out to be real and he can turn into SSJ. For heaven''s sake, why?? It doesn't add anything.

Then there's a little sister character and, oh what ya know, she's mad in love for his dick. And everyone else can spot this after exchanging two words with her

And the loving magical talking cat, ugh

Chapter 4 has been getting on my good side again, though. Military cadets going after Mr Tiddles while trying out Nike sneakers is the sort of thing I signed up for.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Millium is good. She pisses off Jusis.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
If the second playthrough is mandatory for the Platinum either way I'll save looking up the guide for that (you can use the NG+ file for that, I hope). I was mostly thinking that there would be some easily overlooked secrets one could not otherwise notice, but I suppose as long as the game isn't overly difficult without those I can manage.

There is a skip cutscene function, I hope, though?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

HGH posted:

Millium is good. She pisses off Jusis.

Everything that isn't horses pisses off Jusis. He's still one of my favorites.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MisterAlex posted:

Yeah, I had it plugged into its charger and sitting next to the router, and I just kept checking back every now and then while folding laundry. It just finally finished.
Yeah, I don't follow. Are you trying to make sense or somehow be funny? The games I'd "already downloaded" on my Vita are as follows: Thomas Was Alone. I just got this thing, detective. But regardless, even if I had other games already on it, what kind of logic is it to say "don't get any new games because you already have some?"
Again, I don't get your meaning. And I don't have a coffee maker. I boil water when I want to make tea.

Beep boop what is joke.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There isn't a skip cutscene button but if you hold down circle you can fast forward through them. It's really funny to see sometimes, like there's a scene when everyone's riding on horses and with full speed fast forward they're moving but the horses are standing still.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There are like three skippable cutscenes in the game; the ones where you are travelling and it's showing a line on the map. But you need to play 100 hours anyways so whats the difference I guess. I had to leave my vita on for about 18 hours at the end to get platinum.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

Beep boop what is joke.
I actually like the lighthearted atmosphere in this thread, but not when it gets in the way of any constructive discussion that tries to take place. I asked for guidance and advice but got a quasi-insult post that wasn't even humorous.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Sometimes jokes in here end up as Dadaist art pieces. Not much to do but ignore it and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

It's just tiresome and derails actual discussion.

Anyway, I posted my question in a G+ community and got several helpful replies.
The programs Privoxy and PSN Download Manager apparently work to improve download speeds for a number of Vita users. So I'll see if either of those will help with my Vita.