Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Melvyn Bragg disturbs me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Seaside Loafer posted:

Apart from womans hour and the archers yes I agree.

It cracks me up almost every time I see my dad he brings up how annoying he finds Woman's Hour. Dad you're a 65 year old white guy, it's not meant to be for you. He also thinks that there are enough women presenters on telly because Lucy Worsely and Clare Balding and that everyone should stop moaning about equality. I really can't be arsed to argue about it with him anymore, and anyway growing up he was a pretty amazing dad who encouraged us two girls with whatever weird things we were into. My sister got a remote control tank for Christmas once, and we used to have weekly quiz sessions where he would ask us general knowledge questions about The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Monty Python. Gudde Dadde. Just getting old and cranky I guess.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

goatface posted:

You disturb me.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Rondette posted:

It cracks me up almost every time I see my dad he brings up how annoying he finds Woman's Hour. Dad you're a 65 year old white guy, it's not meant to be for you. He also thinks that there are enough women presenters on telly because Lucy Worsely and Clare Balding and that everyone should stop moaning about equality. I really can't be arsed to argue about it with him anymore, and anyway growing up he was a pretty amazing dad who encouraged us two girls with whatever weird things we were into. My sister got a remote control tank for Christmas once, and we used to have weekly quiz sessions where he would ask us general knowledge questions about The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Monty Python. Gudde Dadde. Just getting old and cranky I guess.
Eh im probably like your dad. Womans hour is alright I suppose, I can even grit my teeth through the archers, its only 15 minutes after all, but what really pisses me off is when you turn to radio 4 for the aforementioned mood stabilizer effect and it happens to be Sunday at 10 AM'ish and its the loving archers omnibus, more than an hour of it!

Heres yesterdays programme desription :/

quote:

Mr Grundy goes to college, and Rob is thinking about the future.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Wormophile posted:

An app peppers my podcasts with stuff from my music library, so I never have to listen to awful garbage people or any of that scary new music from after 2008. God bless this shining futuristic dream realm we live in now.

What is this app? It sounds great.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's the media equivalent of tea and toast. Nothing bad can happen while you're listening to Radio 4.

Idk they have a lot of stuff about people dying of cancer or just generally talking about death which I realise is important but I don't really want to fall asleep thinking about it.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

goatface posted:

In Our Time is awesome. Apart from when they get an expert with a speech impediment on, I'm not bigoted but it is radio.

Woman's Hour is not bad apart from loving Jenni Murray.

The Archers' makes me reflexively lunge for an off switch.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I listen to the Today programme every morning on the way to work because I'm a very boring lady and I work in Westminster :geno:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Really not sure what to think about this series of Fresh Meat. I am enjoying it, but it seems to have lost something since the previous three. I'm not laughing half as much and sometimes it just feels like they're kind of going through the motions. Though I tend to do that on first viewing, I'll probably watch it a bunch more times and realise it's actually still excellent. In any case, hopefully the finale is a good send off.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

ThomasPaine posted:

Really not sure what to think about this series of Fresh Meat. I am enjoying it, but it seems to have lost something since the previous three. I'm not laughing half as much and sometimes it just feels like they're kind of going through the motions. Though I tend to do that on first viewing, I'll probably watch it a bunch more times and realise it's actually still excellent. In any case, hopefully the finale is a good send off.

I'm absolutley loving it so far. Especially Kingsley having a breakdown over his choice to go to Uni

I think Oregan's plot has been awful though but I never liked her much to begin with.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

quote:

loose women is garbage by any metric otoh

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Looks like James May is getting in on the slow programs bandwagon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSW-Pdm8CEM

Oddly looking forward to it, my dad will like the guitar one.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

ThomasPaine posted:

Last night's seemed a bit weaker than usual, I'm the same re: appreciating it more on second viewing though.

101 posted:

I'm absolutley loving it so far. Especially Kingsley having a breakdown over his choice to go to Uni

I think Oregan's plot has been awful though but I never liked her much to begin with.

I kind of like how deluded they've made Oregon, although maybe they take it a bit too far at times. Kingsley's new girlfriend has been great too - the stuff about him excusing her behaviour because he thought she was Italian cracked me up.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

The Night Manager finished this week, a TV version of the book by John Le Carre. One of the few things Hugh Laurie has done since House finished. Also, Tom Hiddleston and Olivia Colman. Good stuff, worth your time!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Are you posting from the future?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Squalitude posted:

The final episode has been leaked apparently. I found this funny quote about it:

quote:

Angry fans have criticised the people behind the leak.

One disappointed viewer said on Twitter: "To everyone who's seen the leaked episode 6 of The Night Manager: you think you're cool, you're not."

lol

I haven't seen it yet but I will watch it tonight because I am cool.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

XMNN posted:

In Our Time is awesome. Apart from when they get an expert with a speech impediment on, I'm not bigoted but it is radio.

The Archers' makes me reflexively lunge for an off switch.

You and yours is worse than all that other stuff.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Raised by Wolves continues to surprise me with how good it is. Charlotte Richie turning up and basically playing Oregon in all but name out of the blue had me cracking up.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Squalitude posted:

What, people actually watch broadcast TV? How funny!

In my defense, living in US, watching UK TV has few legit options that don't mean waiting around for months at a time for it to hit BBC America. I just setup Sonarr and wait for the notifies.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Seaside Loafer posted:

Heres yesterdays programme desription :/

I love the Archers

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Night Manager was cool overall (although not as cool as I am for watching the leaked episode 6) although probably the least good of all the big BBC dramas I've watched and liked over the past couple years. At first I was kind of annoyed they changed the ending basically only so they could maybe do a second season but it wasn't a bad ending or anything.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I guess there's a bit of a melancholy tone to this final series of Fresh Meat, but it is still largely enjoyable. I'll be sad when it ends next week.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Octy posted:

I guess there's a bit of a melancholy tone to this final series of Fresh Meat, but it is still largely enjoyable. I'll be sad when it ends next week.

I find it a depressingly accurate depiction of being in the 3rd year, and as such it triggers too many memories to be funny at all.
Not sure how I'll feel about the series as a closing chapter until it's complete. I prefer it to S3, that had kinda lost the charm and was treading water.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Now before I commit myself to something insane, is Midsomer Murders actually good enough to binge all 17 series on Netflix, or is that a fool's bargain? I just want some good British mysteries.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Khablam posted:

I find it a depressingly accurate depiction of being in the 3rd year, and as such it triggers too many memories to be funny at all.
Not sure how I'll feel about the series as a closing chapter until it's complete. I prefer it to S3, that had kinda lost the charm and was treading water.

I'm in my final year of university, albeit in Australia and as a postgrad student, but I can kind of relate to the general despair of having to leave uni and enter the real world.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Whorelord posted:

I love the Archers

I am finding that Helen's story line with that terrible man is a very hard listen though.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Gyre posted:

Now before I commit myself to something insane, is Midsomer Murders actually good enough to binge all 17 series on Netflix, or is that a fool's bargain? I just want some good British mysteries.

It's poo poo don't bother

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Rondette posted:

I am finding that Helen's story line with that terrible man is a very hard listen though.
Does he want to buy the wrong kind of milking machine?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Gyre posted:

You'll basically be watching 17 series of the same episode over and over again. At some point you might notice a few of the actors are different.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

But thankfully they'll all be white.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I decided to go watch Murdoch Mysteries instead. It's not British but at least I get to see a Victorian dude macgyvering everything. And they even have people who aren't lily white show up!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I've seen a few epis of Murdoch Mysteries it's mental. The coddest of cod victoriana.
I think Endeavour was getting good responses here for a British period (1950s) murder show if that's available anywhere.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I like the occasional episode of Midsomer, but I can't imagine sitting through all of them in order. You can't possibly have run out of better murder mystery shows to binge. There are so many.

Lewis is good it has Sergeant Hathaway's unfortunately shaped face in it.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 26, 2016

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Gyre posted:

Lord no don't watch them all in one go. However, it's real sunday evening viewing, like the TV version of comfort food, and that's how it should be consumed. I couldn't imagine binging them at all. Though if A Touch Of Frost is available then watch that.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Watch Season 8, Episode 6, "Hidden Depths ". Then don't bother with the rest because that one's clearly the best.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Rondette posted:

My mum works for a domestic violence victims support charity and it's an incredibly accurate depiction of domestic violence. It has been going on for too long tho, I want to listen to the archers to make me feel comfy when I've got a hangover/on a comedown to make me feel better

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Before you watch anything else watch the 3 hour miniseries of And Then There Were None. It's the best murder mystery ever written and the cast is outstanding.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I've watched two episodes of Midsomer Murders. One involved someone having their throat slashed which looked pretty full on for an ITV drama, the other involved UFOs, aliens, drones and possible stolen Russian technology. As others have said poo poo and bonkers.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Just how anyone is left alive in Midsomer at this point I've no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Just how anyone is left alive in Midsomer at this point I've no clue.

I think it's assumed that it's now an entire county or region, or something like that