Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Every superhero should have the opportunity to either punch and/or kill Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

goatface posted:

Yes, but he didn't kill him. Jim Hammond did that.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Keromaru5 posted:

Every superhero should have the opportunity to either punch and/or kill Hitler.

Violence isn't always the answer!

73 year old spoiler: Hitler is "so mean" that the machine breaks and is ruined forever. But only after he declares, "I am a louse! Vot a rat I am!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

goatface posted:

Yes, but he didn't kill him. Jim Hammond did that.

As did Bucky (according to him, at least),

And Cable, Deadpool and Nick Fury.

Red Skull also trapped Hitler's consciousness in a cosmic cube, but he's also a super-Nazi so I don't know if that really counts in the same way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RandallODim posted:

He was suffering from Bendisitis at the time, which can severely distort memories and personality.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RandallODim posted:

What prompted Bucky to say that?

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

rotinaj posted:

Everybody was standing so perfectly still, he had to say *something.*

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

rotinaj posted:

If I remember correctly Hawkeye was defending trying to kill Dark Avengers-era Norman Osborn by saying "wouldn't you have killed Hitler if you had the chance?"

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

There were so many clones of Herr Hitler running around, maybe the Buck took one of them out?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Keromaru5 posted:

Everybody was standing so perfectly still, he had to say *something.*

They look like they're about to beat the poo poo of him in the poses drawn. This copy-paste poo poo is like the comic equivalent of Clutch Cargo.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They look like they're about to beat the poo poo of him in the poses drawn. This copy-paste poo poo is like the comic equivalent of Clutch Cargo.

I think the beat panel in comics is a good thing, but some artists are really unsuited for it, and like you say, just copy + paste.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hitler, being a supervillain, comes back to life frequently so multiple people can kill him without issue.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I actually think the group shot C&P works here. Like, I imagine them all just standing there and blinking for a couple seconds like "wait, did he just..."

The other C&P on the page is bad though.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

On the good art side of things, I was recently reading Deadpool Pulp (an OK series overall, maybe surpassingly so), and I really loved this sequence:

Really excellent sense of the two characters entering this warm, liminal space among all the darkness, where there is almost (amidst all the darkness) some hope of a peaceful solution or reconciliation, and then just when all the rest of the world has vanished, bam. Hell of an impact.

e: Laurence Campbell on pencils, Lee Loughridge on colors.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Also it's a nice nod to DP's origins that, between the two of them, only his feet are completely obscured :gaz:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Ahahaha that's a good catch!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
In the '80s, almost every comic shop seemed to have a life-sized cardboard stand-up of Wolverine by Arthur Adams. I always thought it looked better than any other artist's Wolverine, even as a kid who was just starting to recognize certain artists' styles. Adams became my first-ever favorite artist thanks to Excalibur: Mojo Mayhem, the New Fantastic Four, and all his Marvel trading cards by Impel, but I first noticed his work from that giant Wolverine. My all-time favorite Wolverine action figure is from Toy Biz Marvel Legends series 6 -- the brown costume version based directly on Adams' art.

This may be old news, because I don't visit comic shops as often as I used to (or as often as most of you), but when I went to one last week, I saw life-sized cardboard stand-ups of Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen, and someone else... possibly even Squirrel Girl? And they were all drawn by Arthur Adams. It made me strangely happy, that Marvel chose one of the best artists in the game (if not a prolific one) to continue making these big, friendly stand-ups to greet kids in comic shops, 30 years later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are you sure it was Art Adams? As far as I have seen the only life size SG stand up available to us was drawn by J Scott Cambell.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Are you sure it was Art Adams? As far as I have seen the only life size SG stand up available to us was drawn by J Scott Cambell.

It could have been, since Campbell's style is so heavily influenced by Adams. But it may not have been Squirrel Girl at all (although Adams did draw a Squirrel Girl variant cover recently). I remember Ms. Marvel (Kamala) and Spider-Gwen for sure, and I was almost positive they were drawn by Adams. Campbell's faces and proportions are somewhat more exaggerated in a cartoony way. I'll check tomorrow and report back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Was it this?

It's the only SG stand up they've ever offered and it's JSC.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Well, I am embarrassed and disappointed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Well, I am embarrassed and disappointed.

I mean unless they're making their own standups? It's not unheard of but seemed unlikely.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Art Adams did do the Ms. Marvel one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

I didn't mention that because I didn't want BBVL to feel bad for confusing their styles.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Hm, her poncho thing must have shrunk in the wash in very specific places.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's using her powers to

USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This Deadpool variant cover is already raising a stink on Facebook

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What's wrong with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

What's wrong with it.

The woman at the bottom left is pulling her shirt down and I guess that's bad?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It is a bit weird to respond to a strip-tease by also taking your clothes off. I've gotten tossed out of so many clubs for that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Do his sores and pustules reflect light like a mirror ball?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Magic Merc

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He looks like he's covered in video game pixels or something.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

That's looks more like "sign my breasts" than "i'm taking my clothes off." I don't know anyone who takes their shirt off by pulling it down your entire body.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Magic Merc

Hahahahaha

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Lurdiak posted:

What's wrong with it.

Yeah not seeing a problem with it, it's a great cover :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah not seeing a problem with it, it's a great cover :shrug:

People are pissy because it's objectifying of women somehow.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Frankly, DP doesn't look horrendously scarred in that cover. He looks... well, like a mannequin come to life.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Are we vaguely outraged at vague outrage. Do you fail to see the irony?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno is an old man and entitled to grumble about kids on his lawn.