Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

goose fleet posted:

How.. is this literally not what everyone does?

Yeah but you see when you give it a trendy name (like "straight but a little shy" became "demisexual") you get more special snowflake points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Scathach posted:

Yeah but you see when you give it a trendy name (like "straight but a little shy" became "demisexual") you get more special snowflake points.

As a demiromantic genderfluid pseudosexual interqueer black-ish asocial translesbian I find your post incredibly offensive AND FURTHERMORE

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

goose fleet posted:

Yes but normal isn't *snowflake* enough.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Normal is the new snowflake.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

goose fleet posted:

I suppose most relationships are based on social expectations of the culture you live in. When you become someone's partner you don't formally say "no shagging around", but it's expected.

I get the impression these guys gently caress around then try some rules lawyering bullshit of "why are you mad? we didn't say we wouldn't gently caress around".

She is bad.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Comrade Koba posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relationship_anarchy

aka, "I want to bone whoever I want because I'm literally unable to take responsibility for a mature relationship." :allears:

So... why don't they just bone whoever they want? Plenty of people do that without making it their identity.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

quote:

If it is something to get people to say "wtf am I reading" and "I bet the fbi is on its way now" you can't beat Kodomo no Jikan. They even tried to bring it over but stopped mid way cause they were afraid of damaging tokyopop's rep.

Thing is, the story and characters are actually great, people just can't deal with lolis. As odd as it may seem, I share that sentiment about pantyshots being just kinda...there, as a spice to punctuate the comedy. Of course this is more masturbating with wiimotes and groaning about your sleeping teachers junk "not possibly fitting" than just pantyshots, but the point is the same. At one part, I was hitting my table from laughter about a joke regarding vaginal tightness, it was a pun too. Any manga that manages to achieve that can't be not great.

Ultimately, it's a coming of age story from the point of view of a girl. It dels with loss of a parent and trauma, as well as with more mundane stuff than wearig a bra for the first time etc. (and those moments are not actually sexual, the sexual stuff is saved for the humor parts) so everyone should give it a go.

First comment on this: Manga You Shouldn't Read in Public

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Comrade Koba posted:

As a demiromantic genderfluid pseudosexual interqueer black-ish asocial translesbian I find your post incredibly offensive AND FURTHERMORE

I'm left-handed, you don't know what being oppressed feels like, you demiromantic-genderfluid-pseudosexual-interqueer-blackish-asocial-translesbianormative shitlord. :smug:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

winegums posted:

She is bad.

When you call yourself "a survivor" without any context as a way to put points on the scoreboard before you actually talk about what you do, yeah, that's pretty loving bad.

I dunno, though, I always get the sense with these tumblr-talk bios that they're really aware of just how unimpressive and small they are and are trying to achieve some sort of inherent usefulness by being someone's niche interest. I think it springs from this idea that in order to be interesting you have to be interesting rather than doing interesting things. Anyone have that guy who decided to identify as a writer when he hadn't written anything? Like, not even a blog post? And then got massively defensive when people asked what he'd written?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The transgender thread here at SA call them "Gender hipsters," so there's a name for the phenomenon.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Scathach posted:

Special snowflakes all the gently caress over tonight.

A while back but .... "left handed"?

Are these people so desperate to be different and special and oppressed that they list that as part of their minority badges?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
What the gently caress is cuil fiction

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The way children socialize has changed so drastically in the last decade. Personality and social accomplishment, all the aspects of personhood that come from growth and experience, have been swept aside for easy affiliations and perpetual affirmation pacts.

It scares me for the future of our society. Im old and grumpy.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

BrigadierSensible posted:

A while back but .... "left handed"?

Are these people so desperate to be different and special and oppressed that they list that as part of their minority badges?

People have always been like this for as long as I can remember. And other people always have to point out that I'm lefthanded in public and it annoys the crap out of me.

Why yes, I am using one of my hands to do things. That's what hands are for. Who gives a poo poo about which one it is?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

blarzgh posted:

The way children socialize has changed so drastically in the last decade. Personality and social accomplishment, all the aspects of personhood that come from growth and experience, have been swept aside for easy affiliations and perpetual affirmation pacts.

It's why america has gone from being the last great super power respected by most of the world to a laughingstock where it's own citizens constantly denigrate it. The sooner America self destructs the better.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

blarzgh posted:

oldpainless posted:

It's why america has gone from being the last great super power respected by most of the world to a laughingstock where it's own citizens constantly denigrate it. The sooner America self destructs the better.

These are joke posts, right? I can't even tell anymore.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

goose fleet posted:

What the gently caress is cuil fiction

Queer-friendly magical realism writings. And I loving hate myself for knowing that.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Picnic Princess posted:

People have always been like this for as long as I can remember. And other people always have to point out that I'm lefthanded in public and it annoys the crap out of me.

Why yes, I am using one of my hands to do things. That's what hands are for. Who gives a poo poo about which one it is?

Would you say that it makes you feel... opressed? :smug: I'm also left handed and I find it weird how people are so quick to point that out

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

Would you say that it makes you feel... opressed? :smug: I'm also left handed and I find it weird how people are so quick to point that out

So am I, but I never found it weird. When people who don't know each other have to exchange more than a polite greetings they'll leap at anything that looks like a reasonably inoffensive way to fill the silence.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Missed a chance for that article to just read

"All of it. "

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

So am I, but I never found it weird. When people who don't know each other have to exchange more than a polite greetings they'll leap at anything that looks like a reasonably inoffensive way to fill the silence.

WaltherFeng posted:

I normally counter with 'Yep, and Left handed people are the best, most talented, brilliant, awesome, attractive and MODEST people of them all.' as a joke that most people don't get but it amuses me.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

T-man posted:

The transgender thread here at SA call them "Gender hipsters," so there's a name for the phenomenon.

I've heard "transtrender" before. Has that fallen out of favor or is it something different?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Tiberius Thyben posted:

So... why don't they just bone whoever they want? Plenty of people do that without making it their identity.

Yes, but we're talking about insecure, emotionally stunted people who lack any kind of normal identity.

Castor Poe posted:

I'm left-handed, you don't know what being oppressed feels like, you demiromantic-genderfluid-pseudosexual-interqueer-blackish-asocial-translesbianormative shitlord. :smug:

I believe the proper term is atypical pseudomanosinister, you oppressive, normative gently caress. :colbert:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

RZA Encryption posted:

I hate nerd culture, but I've gotta give mad props to the companies exploiting the hell out of it.
https://youtu.be/JOw64UQMHME

There are that many of those pieces of trash? Jesus.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

oldpainless posted:

If only there was some way to make America great again..........

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Mak0rz posted:

I've heard "transtrender" before. Has that fallen out of favor or is it something different?

I've never heard that term outside of TERF circles before, actually.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've only ever read any of this kind of terminology on SomethingAwful because once you leave your house you become immune to this kind of drama.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Scathach posted:

The writing and the pic aren't the same person-- the top one is a woman whose pronouns are of the xir persuasion, and the bottom one is a dude.

I call this "how to make yourself look like an old lady at 25."

"It's pronounced 'Bouquet!'"

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Scathach posted:

Special snowflakes all the gently caress over tonight.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

SubponticatePoster posted:

"It's pronounced 'Bouquet!'"

Two pro-tier old British TV comparisons in a row there, noice.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oh yeah?

E: this is Melonpan and no he's not kidding.

http://kotaku.com/the-craziest-otaku-in-the-world-1475449252

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Mar 21, 2016

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

God, I want that to be a joke.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ah. Marisol the bondage clown.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

He's at least not hoverhanding his loving imaginary girlfriend, so he's a step up from the other guy.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Where does this guy? Work

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Whoop whoop

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Rocky Horror Picture Show remake looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

There is no way that a man in his undies and a cape carrying an anime bodypillow on the bus is not taking the piss.

I approve of this man and all his life choices.

• Locked thread