Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Serious Frolicking posted:

Ghost is really picking up steam now. I'm not sure why it was necessary to bother lying about Alain killing his dad, though. Like 99.99% of the ganma world population seems to be drones and flying dragons.

I think those ganma drones are still individual "humans" within those eyecons. They seem to be in a dream-like stupor that lets Soul Hoodies override most of their personality traits, but also I think they worship the emperor as some kind of god-king. You don't want them to find out that you're the one who murdered the god-king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
One thing that's totally weird is how Adel killed his Dad by zapping his eyecon. But then zapping Alain's eyecon just forced his real body to wake up... and Adel was just able to arbitrarily wake up Igor for reasons unknown????? Maybe Ganma are stronger in their true bodies in exchange for losing their immortality. I'm sure it will be all explained soon, but it's still very strange. I really liked the latest episode though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Looks good so far, though something about it is giving me a real Kamen Rider The First/Next vibe. Also it's too bad they just kind of casually say "Amazon" to transform rather than going with the full "AH-MAH-ZOOON!" from the original (which even the Decade version tried to replicate even if the actor they got for the role was terrible). Still looks interesting though.

With Amazon himself, it made sense why he was so over the top. Dude was straight up a wildman Tarzan- neither Alpha nor Omega seem to be in that same vein.

Another important difference is that here, their belts trigger their transformation, though if they're meant to be more monster-y and less power-armor-y we'll see. Amazon's belt was just for decoration. It was a grappling line, not something that had anything to do with his transformation. Further, Amazon was straight up a Beast Man like the monsters he fought, only his powers were refined and amplified by his Gigi Amulet.

In theory if he didn't have the amulet, he would have looked more monstrous like the enemies he fought. Though SIC had their own ideas on what he'd look like.

This also leads me to think that one of the Amazons might end up getting killed in the series, as they both clearly have the Amulets of Gigi and Gaga. Who has which is up in the air but doesn't really matter. When combined, they give the user near unlimited power, so I expect that to be the big thing that wins the day in the end. One dies, gives up their Amulet, the other completes it and wrecks poo poo.

Going by the trailer, Omega might not initially get his Amulet until after transforming for the first time, or while transformed for the first time. he seems to have a more feral design that might not have the Amulet, and getting the Amulet is what refines him into the Heisei Rider looking dude.

Basically I'm expecting some cool poo poo here. Way more excited about this than almost anything else Kamen Rider has done in 5 years.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Killer Queen posted:

One thing that's totally weird is how Adel killed his Dad by zapping his eyecon. But then zapping Alain's eyecon just forced his real body to wake up... and Adel was just able to arbitrarily wake up Igor for reasons unknown????? Maybe Ganma are stronger in their true bodies in exchange for losing their immortality. I'm sure it will be all explained soon, but it's still very strange. I really liked the latest episode though.

that was Javert, not Igor.

It seems like you're correct though; Javert got blown up like 3 times and survived but then got woken up.

It seems like Alain came out of his capsule exhausted, so there may be some sort of feedback effect on the body; for people like Javert who seem to be pretty healthy and strong individuals, the feedback isn't major, while Adonis, being an old dude, could have easily died from it, and Alain, being younger then Javert and maybe not as physical fit survived but came out of it pretty wiped.

Doesn't explain why that one dude died though, maybe he had a weak spirit.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Basically I'm expecting some cool poo poo here. Way more excited about this than almost anything else Kamen Rider has done in 5 years.

Yeah, I know. I just kind of hoped they'd use the old transformation phrase somehow, but that's a minor nitpick (in fact, I beleive the red suit used for Alpha is itself based on a SIC figure). I'm also curious if this is going to be a straight up modern retelling or if they'll actually throw in some continuity nods to the original (I wouldn't count on the original actor coming back as I think he's been retired from acting for quite a while, it'd be nice though).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/711770693436739585

SAY NO TO DRUGS.
BE COOL LIKE KAMEN RIDER.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxchF0fkPdI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fuuto could have really used a G.M.A.R.E. program. Or would that have made people more likely to use Gaia Memories?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Fuuto could have really used a G.M.A.R.E. program. Or would that have made people more likely to use Gaia Memories?

They had one, it was called Kamen Rider.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
yeah kids don't use gaia memories, be like this dude who...uses gaia memories to become a totally badass superhero

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If you used gaia memories in moderation they had absolutely no downside so you could just turn into a rad monster a few times a year (radness not guaranteed). Plus, with the two episode format you are guaranteed to get away from Kamen Rider at least once so if you lay low afterward you won't ever get caught.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

looks like next week is another hour long crossover.

Except both shows are good so it won't suck.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Going into the Ninninger/Drive crossover felt weird because since Ninninger had focused almost completely on Takaharu, the other characters were just kind of "there" since their personalities hadn't been established fully yet. Zyuohger doesn't feel like it has that problem, all the characters feel unique with their own traits already since Yamato isn't getting all the focus, so I feel like this will be a lot more enjoyable.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I just wanna pipe in to say: Zyuohger super robo is still lookin' good :thumbsup:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I just wanna pipe in to say: Zyuohger super robo is still lookin' good :thumbsup:

While it looks blocky as gently caress, it's not laden with accessories and doodads (yet) so the suit actor can still make reasonably cool moves in it. That'll probably change when the 1-2-3-4-5(-6?) robot shows up though.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Going into the Ninninger/Drive crossover felt weird because since Ninninger had focused almost completely on Takaharu, the other characters were just kind of "there" since their personalities hadn't been established fully yet. Zyuohger doesn't feel like it has that problem, all the characters feel unique with their own traits already since Yamato isn't getting all the focus, so I feel like this will be a lot more enjoyable.

Well, plus that crossover also had to shoehorn in a tie with Kamen Rider Grad Prix. Although will this cross-over involve Kamen Rider 1?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

V-Men posted:

Well, plus that crossover also had to shoehorn in a tie with Kamen Rider Grad Prix. Although will this cross-over involve Kamen Rider 1?

That's been the case with the last two crossovers so I'm guessing so. Which also probably means the Kamen Rider 1 movie is going to shoehorn in a cameo from the Zyuohgers at some point.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It looks one one of the main villains from the Kamen Rider 1 movie is going to be in the crossover episode, so yeah, this episode probably sets up the events of Kamen Rider 1 like Gaim/ToQger did for the Heisei vs. Showa movie and Drive/Ninninger did for Super Hero Taisen GP.

So I felt like this was really early for Ghost to get his final form, but apparently Kiva got Emperor in 24 so this is only one episode earlier, and Decade got his in 21 I think (though that series was only 30 episodes anyway). It still feels a bit odd that he got it so soon but hey gotta sell toys I guess, and I'm not opposed to it since the enemies are obviously going to get stronger too so it's not like he'll be able to just cruise through battles. Though Takeru's actions at the beginning of this episode kind of confused me.

So I get he's scared of the Ganma invading, okay, fine. Then Javert shows up and fights Alain and Takeru goes "Well so what Alain's a Ganma what do I care." Except that Javert is ALSO a Ganma and while I get the fact that Takeru doesn't care if Alain dies, Javert is still there and obviously isn't going to go "Oh well Alain is dead so guess we'll leave your world alone, bye." So what's the point in not transforming and helping in the fight? And I could maybe understand if Takeru's feelings were "He's way too strong, no way can we beat him" but that didn't seem to be his reason for avoiding the fight.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Twelve by Pies posted:

So I felt like this was really early for Ghost to get his final form

Just a minor nitpick - This is Takeru's mid season powerup, a la Gaim's Triumphant or Drive's Formula.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Twelve by Pies posted:

So I felt like this was really early for Ghost to get his final form, but apparently Kiva got Emperor in 24 so this is only one episode earlier, and Decade got his in 21 I think (though that series was only 30 episodes anyway). It still feels a bit odd that he got it so soon but hey gotta sell toys I guess, and I'm not opposed to it since the enemies are obviously going to get stronger too so it's not like he'll be able to just cruise through battles. Though Takeru's actions at the beginning of this episode kind of confused me.

That'd be because Grateful is not Takeru's final form. There's still one more, Mugen. Also I may or may not have accidentally typed "Specter" instead of "spoiler" for the tags there.

This episode just made me feel bad about Javert though. Dude's the designated jobber for the series. Three power-ups (Boost, Houdini, Grateful), and the first target for all of them was Javert. Seriously, poor guy just can't catch a break. And he's still alive so he'll probably be used for the upcoming final forms too!

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Is it bad that I want Momotaros to show up and think Boost is a long lost cousin?

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
Didn't know there was a Toku thread, jesus. This makes me kind of happy as I can vent out my frustrations with Bandai and can post funny poo poo that I've found related to this shtick?

I'll start with posting this, (which I've already posted in another non-toku thread once but I figured you guys might find this poo poo funny.

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyIrVI6iiE4 :nws:

And I can show you my bad habit.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

V-Men posted:

Is it bad that I want Momotaros to show up and think Boost is a long lost cousin?

No, because that would be awesome.

Takeru is never going to use his Ghost form anymore if he has another powerup after this. He barely uses it as is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, why would he? The wire work probably takes a fair bit of time, money and effort to do but it looks crappy and won't sell toys. Ditching that base form gimmick is a good thing.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Wizard and Fourze? Good deal. How are they? Fun to fiddle around with and good sound?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Poodge posted:

And I can show you my bad habit.

and here's mine

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I think what Takeru was thinking was basically this; Javert very clearly said 'I'm here for your Execution'; and at that point Takeru was like 'well who the hell cares, this dude's been beating the poo poo out of me for the past two weeks.' enough to just make him decide to stay out of it. He also gets the idea that he just has to wish for the Ganma to disappear, that's why it wouldn't matter if Javert stays or goes; after he kills Alain, all he has to do is take Sanzo and Grimm off his corpse- because it didn't seem like Javert cared about the Eyecons himself-, then he'd have all 15 once Makoto gave him his, then he just wishes that the Ganma go away. He doesn't have to fight Alain, who as recently as last episode continued to prove that he was stronger then Takeru, and Javert only seemed to wain to kill Alain, considering that he left Takeru alone even though he was right there.

Also yeah this isn't Final, this is Formula. Specter has a powerup that he hasn't gotten either, so that's probably the next powerup. Maybe some sort of powerup for Alain too? I wouldn't put it past the series to make them all match up.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ah okay see I was thinking Boost was the "mid-season" just gotten way early, but I guess it was more like Dead Heat.

Stallion Cabana posted:

I think what Takeru was thinking was basically this [/spoiler]

Alright, that makes sense to me. I guess the part I was missing is that I assumed Javert would take Grimm/Sanzo but if you don't go with that assumption it works. Still it seems like the Ganma took the Eyecons for a reason rather than to just keep them out of Takeru's hands, but I suppose Takeru wasn't really thinking rationally at that point anyway.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Also throw in a tinge of Takeru's frustration over being surrounded by people who clearly know more than they're letting on but won't tell him anything just boiling over.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

mateo360 posted:

and here's mine
That's pretty impressive.

Here's a pic of my nephew playing with 2/3rds of my collection of toku toys.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Potsticker posted:

That's pretty impressive.

Here's a pic of my nephew playing with 2/3rds of my collection of toku toys.

Are you at all worried that your nephew has become a fanatic of justice and plans on murdering guilty animal monsters?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Are you at all worried that your nephew has become a fanatic of justice and plans on murdering guilty animal monsters?

Well, I wasn't before now.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

This is my Ghost Collection; I also have the Himiko/Sanzo/Grimm and the Ryoma/Goemon ones coming in. I got some of the Energy Lockseeds but most of them don't work anymore so I don't get to hear FIGHT POWER anymore.

Yes I know my desk is messy. I'm a messy person

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Speaking of toku toys I don't know if it's dust or what but my Mobairate is being kinda screwy, I tried using the Gao Red key and it kept saying "FIVEMAN" for some reason. The Dekaranger key also kept triggering Liveman.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Speaking of toku toys I don't know if it's dust or what but my Mobairate is being kinda screwy, I tried using the Gao Red key and it kept saying "FIVEMAN" for some reason. The Dekaranger key also kept triggering Liveman.

I've noticed similar issues with mine, although the Legend variant still works fine. My regular one was one of the early ones though so I'm wondering if the "reader" on those first run were just not as good and so one of the buttons inside is stuck or dead.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ah okay see I was thinking Boost was the "mid-season" just gotten way early, but I guess it was more like Dead Heat.

Alright, that makes sense to me. I guess the part I was missing is that I assumed Javert would take Grimm/Sanzo but if you don't go with that assumption it works. Still it seems like the Ganma took the Eyecons for a reason rather than to just keep them out of Takeru's hands, but I suppose Takeru wasn't really thinking rationally at that point anyway.

It doesn't seem like the Ganma took the Eyecons. Or rather, they did, but not for THEIR desires.

They took them for the Minister, who had them all gathered around the thing that became the new Eyecon Driver. So it seems like he was actively trying to create the Eyecon Driver G with the Eyecons. I'm not sure what the Sage's plan is anymore, because on one side why not just give Takeru the Eyecon Driver then, but on the other when Takeru started losing faith in himself he got angry at him, but that could also have been because Takeru having faith in himself- or reaffirming that faith- led to all of the Heroic Eyecons going to help him. So even us with information that Takeru doesn't have still don't really know what the hell the Sage is after, which makes sense why he'd be so fed up with the Sage and Yurusen being so mysterious. I'd be pretty tired of being treated like a pawn too, when coupled with the realization that even after beating Javert twice he just came back even stronger to the point that even the guy that Takeru could not beat and Makoto couldn't even scratch him together, I'd probably say 'gently caress this poo poo' too.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

mateo360 posted:

and here's mine

You've got a Star Trek poster. Nerd.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Are we sharing photos of our Toku merch?

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Ugh, looks like this season's spice rack is another red centric one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Potsticker posted:

Wizard and Fourze? Good deal. How are they? Fun to fiddle around with and good sound?

Yep! Very fun to fool around with. Wizard driver has great regular sound while the fourze driver has a bit of a different pitch to it compared to what it should sound like but I'm guessing that might be due to sound resonation or age.

• Locked thread